PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Beane---Strengths and weaknesses

YardRat
10-14-2022, 11:52 PM
I'll only list one of each so others can chime in

Strengths---
---he seems to have a great grasp on the boundary positions, wide receivers and defensive backs.

Weaknesses---
---gets enamored with measurables and metrics and misses out on some good players that simply know how to play football.

DraftBoy
10-14-2022, 11:57 PM
Strengths - Talent evaluation is very good and finds big value in later rounds of draft and free agency.

Weakness - Overly loyal to guys he drafts even when change is needed

Night Train
10-15-2022, 01:10 AM
Strengths - Built the team into contenders, connecting on far more swings than misses

Weaknesees - Needs to take a hard look at the OL which cannot get push in the running game

Mace
10-15-2022, 09:51 AM
Strength - Roster/cap management. He has a plan for going forward. He's been deft on extensions for his core players, then expert on filling out the roster with affordable, competent worker bees with an improving ratio of young guys and vets.

Weakness - I think he might coddle McDermott a little too much sometimes. I have the sense McDermott likes him some vets, and will lean toward sub par vet over promising younger talent unless his hand his forced. It seems sometimes Beane needs to scrape up players that he likely knows don't belong here.

Chet
10-15-2022, 10:13 AM
Strengths - Built the team into contenders, connecting on far more swings than misses

Weaknesees - Needs to take a hard look at the OL which cannot get push in the running game

This…OL and RB are largely a disappointment. Biggest fear about this team is their inability to convert on 3rd/4th and 1 with power

Woodman
10-15-2022, 10:39 AM
If we punted the ball like everybody else I'd be concerned about the bull back 1 yard and a cloud of dust ..... but we don't (punt much) so I'm not concerned as much.

TheConsigliere
10-15-2022, 11:27 AM
Good overall. Will cut bait on players he drafted in due course. Willing to make the big trade of draft picks and players. Willing to eat large underperforming contracts. Aggressive in targeted player acquisitions.

Terrible at 2nd round draft choices. Tends to reach in the 2nd round and swing for the fences when more logical 2nd round choices are available. Has no feel, insight or ability to evaluate Offensive Linemen. Beane simply undervalues the importance of the OL. If he signs Edmunds to a new contract, will receive a crap in a jar from me.

Mace
10-15-2022, 11:29 AM
If we punted the ball like everybody else I'd be concerned about the bull back 1 yard and a cloud of dust ..... but we don't (punt much) so I'm not concerned as much.

You'll be plenty concerned when Allen gets injured trying to gain a yard when no one else is capable, because Allen is basically the short yardage back.

Woodman
10-15-2022, 02:50 PM
You'll be plenty concerned when Allen gets injured trying to gain a yard when no one else is capable, because Allen is basically the short yardage back.

Right now that's the way we move the ball .... if an opportunity presents itself I'd love a Cookie Gilchrist style RB ..... when that happens put me down for one. We probably would have drafted Najee but as we all know he was gone a few picks too early to the Steelers. Can you name one that's currently available?

I'd love to get him.

Cntrygal
10-15-2022, 10:24 PM
I want to "like" this a thousand times at least.

Allen running the ball is not a "surprise" to defenses, they expect it.

Defenses want to twist him up and get him out of the game.

The Bills NEED a better option that what we have - or the OLine NEEDS to dramatically improve their run blocking.

TheConsigliere
10-15-2022, 10:38 PM
I want to "like" this a thousand times at least.

Allen running the ball is not a "surprise" to defenses, they expect it.

Defenses want to twist him up and get him out of the game.

The Bills NEED a better option that what we have - or the OLine NEEDS to dramatically improve their run blocking.

Let's say you were making a nice Chicken Pot Pie in the Black Hills one Sunday.

You would choose very good pieces of chicken to put in said pie because you want that Chicken Pot Pie to taste great for you and your loved ones like your Mama.

If you were to instead use chicken poop to make the Chicken Pot Pie, you would expect it to taste like poop.

No amount of spices, wishes, thought and prayers is going to make that Chicken Pot Pie made of chicken poop a better tasting Chicken Pot Pie.

Do you now understand?

If not, I have another analogy that involves Possum Road Kill, Rotting Veggies and a Dirty Crockpot.

Historian
10-16-2022, 01:21 AM
Strengths:

Cap management
ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THE COACHING STAFF
Likeable, as opposed to Polian
Good talent evaluator

Weaknesses:

Bart Peterman
Southern accent

TheConsigliere
10-16-2022, 01:38 AM
Strengths:

Cap management
Likeable, as opposed to Polian
Good talent evaluator

Weaknesses:

Bart Peterman
Southern accent

NOT that The Family does much business down there other than Miami and New Orleans -- we find the Whites to be too stupid to do the math necessary -- however I object to this type of stereotyping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82dDnv9zeLs&ab_channel=gretchenwilsonVEVO

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2022, 01:49 AM
Only weakness I’ve seen thus far is the ability to scout oline talent at both college and nfl level

ParanoidAndroid
10-16-2022, 03:11 AM
Strength: Understands synergy between GM and HC and has helped build the culture of winning by getting his HC quality players and people.

Weakness: Has a soft approach to favorite locker room guys that are underperforming even when better talent is available.

You could say those are two sides of the same coin.

Woodman
10-19-2022, 06:04 AM
1st rule of GM'ing never fall in love with a player.

Albany,n.y.
10-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Weaknesses:

Southern accent
I see you're still traumatized by the Buddy Nix era.

Gibby 2.0
10-19-2022, 01:16 PM
Strength:

Has an idea of where he wants to take this team and knows how to get there. We have not had that since Bill Polian was here

Weakness: He's defense heavy. I know defense wins championships especially when you have Josh behind center,, but the OL and running game is very underwhelming.