Anyone think we were saving players for this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Anyone think we were saving players for this game?

I find it interesting that our injury report is a lot less than it was a week ago. Anyone think we were trying to keep our players rested and give them time to get healthy to get them fully ready for this game?

Partially it also gave all our backups experience for games like this and the playoffs. Have we been extra careful with our players for a game like this? It also plays in part that we have a bye week coming up
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Anyone think we were saving players for this game?

Considering the list and injuries the last couple of weeks, I'm more inclined to think they are rushing guys back into action for this game, which I don't like.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Considering the list and injuries the last couple of weeks, I'm more inclined to think they are rushing guys back into action for this game, which I don't like.

I wouldnt say we are rushing them back though. We may of just been extra careful with them recently. I wonder how many of these players wouldve played if we were in the playoffs. I wonder how many of these guys couldve played but we wanted to keep them rested and gave them time to get to full strength
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        I wouldnt say we are rushing them back though. We may of just been extra careful with them recently. I wonder how many of these players wouldve played if we were in the playoffs. I wonder how many of these guys couldve played but we wanted to keep them rested and gave them time to get to full strength
        I wonder how many would be playing if the opponent were the Steelers again, or a similar poor team.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Does it matter? MUST CRUSH CHEFS!

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

We used the opportunity to rest a few that coulda played.

Are we rushing anybody before they're ready .... no it's never been our M.O.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

I wish Phillips hadn't played last week. It never hurts to give a hamstring extra time and we didn't need him against Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

I can go either way on this.

We'll find out by how they all hold up through the game.

My main thought is that McDermott is baseline conservative to a fault, and the baseline conservative thing to do would be to give them more time instead of less. The balance to that is that I believe McDermott is sensitive to that, and awkward in his attempts at ballsy, so he's not incapable of letting a player come back too soon, ala Phillips.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                  • Aug 2022

Of course we did.

It is just like saving some of the meatballs and fresh bread from Sundays Dinner at The Godfather's place to make a nice panini for lunch on Monday. Oh you got to use the pork in those meatballs. That is where the flavour is.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

No. And I don’t think they are rushing back any players either.

The Bills organization and McDermott have shown the world exactly what they are. And rushing players back before they are ready is not it.

Same goes for them holding players back because of a regular season game coming up.

That is a strategy for losers.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      I wish Phillips hadn't played last week. It never hurts to give a hamstring extra time and we didn't need him against Pittsburgh.
                      I was hoping he'd get another week as well.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Don't agree with you guys about rushing guys back. You are neglecting the guys input into the equation. They are trying to rush themselves back. Managements job is to manage that.

Comment

• Skooby
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Everyone who missed last week & is back this week is solely based on the health of the player, the don’t rush them back is nonsense. Players need a game or 2 to be reacclimatized.
                          Last edited by Skooby; 10-15-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                            • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                            Everyone who missed last week & is back this week is solely based on the health of the player, the don’t rush them back is nonsense. Players need a game or 2 to be reacclimatized.
                            Where is the GDT you Mancha Cake?

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              No. And I don’t think they are rushing back any players either.

The Bills organization and McDermott have shown the world exactly what they are. And rushing players back before they are ready is not it.

Same goes for them holding players back because of a regular season game coming up.

That is a strategy for losers.
                              Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                              X