Poyer wasn't medically cleared to fly. He drove to the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

A Bills Player Drove 15 Hours To Play In Sunday's Game

Buffalo Bills star Jordan Poyer was not cleared to fly to Kansas City due to his injury status.

But that didn't stop Poyer from playing in Sunday afternoon's AFC game.

According to reports, Poyer drove 15 hours from Buffalo to Kansas City, allowing him to play in the Sunday afternoon game.

LINK

WOW
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

"Doctors not comfortable with air pressure that comes with flying as Poyer's rib injury heals."

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1581814305032646657?fbclid=IwAR0qqhoPtBu2vF3k1WRwNmcTOM-_TuhqFxAEUzAdw8k1-WD02lYHbZFsjzA
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Re: Poyer wasn't medically cleared to fly. He drove to the game.

thats dedication towards the shared goal...love it!

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

PAY POYER!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Yeah, I guess I'll stand by my comment in the injury list thread.

If this wasn't KC, Poyer doesn't play until after the bye.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cntrygal
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

I'm shocked that he played and I'm glad that this wasn't "breaking news" until AFTER the game.
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              • Jul 2002

A collapsed lung? Holy Hell!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

to Poyer. The title sounded like he drove himself which I thpught the Bills will at least hire someone to drive for him. Hope the bye week do him good, and if need to be, rest him against the Packers.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                  to Poyer. The title sounded like he drove himself which I thpught the Bills will at least hire someone to drive for him. Hope the bye week do him good, and if need to be, rest him against the Packers.
                  The first couple of articles that I saw didn't say that the team hired someone... they just said that "he drove". I guess in the hurry to "break the news", they didn't get all the information. Figures.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    If he's ready he'll go against the Packers ...... hats off to him for making the extraordinary effort.

He doesn't sound like he's the type player to sit when he can go.

Fingers crossed the bye does wonders for him.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Someone mentioned Watson did the same thing in the past when he travelled via roadway from Houston to Jacksonville.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

This type of effort and determination is not lost on any of his teammates as well.

They just found out if they didn't already know what he's made of.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

Nope.

He was cleared to play....just not to fly. Two completely different things.

If it was a home game against the worst team in the league, Poyer still plays. If it was an away game against any team in any city close enough for a similar drive.....Poyer still plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X