• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Shakir over McKenzie

I think it’s time we move Him to the 3rd wr. McKenzie had a brutal performance. We could have had a much bigger cushion
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Shakir over McKenzie

I'll trust the coaches on that one ..... love Shakir getting targets though.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• direbills
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      I'll trust the coaches on that one ..... love Shakir getting targets though.
      The same coaches who until yesterday persisted in putting Moss in the game even when the football ignorant could see that he was a hindrance to moving the ball? Those coaches? Yeah, I don’t put much weight in their decisions. We are winning in spite of them.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by direbills View Post
        The same coaches who until yesterday persisted in putting Moss in the game even when the football ignorant could see that he was a hindrance to moving the ball? Those coaches? Yeah, I don’t put much weight in their decisions. We are winning in spite of them.
        ooookay?

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

I'm referring to our OC and his play calling.

Did Moss even see the field yesterday?

Sometimes it takes longer to make a judgement ...... not for a fan though I woulda had Moss riding the pine a long time ago.

Having said that Moss would not have made my roster.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• cookie G
            • Mar 2003

McKenzie didn't do himself any favors yesterday. Maybe he shouldn't have played. Josh didn't target him the entire second half. I'm sure most QB's would do the same when you have multiple drops in a half.

I'm definitely in favor of getting Shakir more targets. I like our odds when he's covered by a safety or a nickel/dime back.

To me, its a luxury to have a guy like him to insert into the line up. He's ready to step up.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

First… moss was inactive

now as far as banishing McK deep down the roster because of Yesterday’s performance is a bit short sighted and a knee jerk reaction.

players are off some games. This was epic an I’m no McK fan but he has had some really good games.

right now I would suggest no change. With McK we are 5-1

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                First… moss was inactive

now as far as banishing McK deep down the roster because of Yesterday’s performance is a bit short sighted and a knee jerk reaction.

players are off some games. This was epic an I’m no McK fan but he has had some really good games.

right now I would suggest no change. With McK we are 5-1

knee jerk reaction agreed!

Comment

• direbills
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                  First… moss was inactive
                  As I mentioned in my post "The same coaches who until yesterday persisted in putting Moss in the game even when the football ignorant could see that he was a hindrance to moving the ball?"

It should not have taken them this long to sit Moss down. He brought nothing to the game. We are now seeing the results of giving Singletary the ball and not sharing it with Moss. Singletary far exceeded my expectations yesterday. He repeatedly gashed the KC DEF.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

The same coaches that have us 5-1 through arguably the toughest part of the schedule. The same coaches that coached up 2nd and 3rd stringers to get to that record. Yes, and the same coaches get to decide who starts and sits!
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

It's hard to be too critical of this coaching staff given what they've accomplished over the last 3 years. That being said, they sometimes do things that don't make a lot of sense. Cook fumbled in his first game as a rookie and they didn't give him the ball again for like 4 games. McKenzie is a vet, and he has multiple drops in a half, yet he's still out there. They just seem really inconsistent in how they deal with players making mistakes
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

McKenzie is the only other real slot WR so he would be the backup, not buried per se. I think Shakir should start getting the starting reps because he's the future slot WR for the Bills and he's got a bye week to get more practice time in.

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

The memory of the second Patriots game last year is still fresh in my mind. McKenzie is not as bad as most people make him out to be. I won't make excuses for him, he had a really bad game. But, his is a lot better than he showed yesterday.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
                            The memory of the second Patriots game last year is still fresh in my mind. McKenzie is not as bad as most people make him out to be. I won't make excuses for him, he had a really bad game. But, his is a lot better than he showed yesterday.
                            I don’t like excuses either, but like I said in another thread. He looked timid yesterday like he wash mentally ready to play. Injuries can do that to sone players. Hard to know but he had a pretty bad game yesterday.
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              It's hard to be too critical of this coaching staff given what they've accomplished over the last 3 years. That being said, they sometimes do things that don't make a lot of sense. Cook fumbled in his first game as a rookie and they didn't give him the ball again for like 4 games. McKenzie is a vet, and he has multiple drops in a half, yet he's still out there. They just seem really inconsistent in how they deal with players making mistakes
                              Rookie vs Vet. They are treated differently. I think that’s true for almost any job?
                              Last edited by kgun12; 10-17-2022, 05:25 AM.
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X