PDA

View Full Version : Any Locals Question about Grand Island, NY to Stadium for game

BuffaloBlitz83
10-27-2022, 12:54 AM
Hard finding a hotel under 200 a night but I found a fairly newer looking holiday inn by Grand Island Niagara. Commute on map isn't too bad looks like 30-45 minutes to the stadium. How is this area and actual commute? We were taking the kids so going downtown to bar hop wasn't in the cards anyways.

Novacane
10-27-2022, 01:15 AM
If you're just looking for a place to stay and not caring about being right in Buffalo look at Fredonia/Dunkirk hotels. It's about a 45 min drive to the stadium. There's a Best Western, Quality Inn, Econo lodge, Clarion and maybe another right off the I-90 exit. It's been a couple years but that's where I lived for 40 years. It is MUCH MUCH easier getting in and out of the stadium area coming from the west. Probably 10% of the traffic is going that way after the game. Once you get a mile from the parking lots it's smooth sailing after the game.

Novacane
10-27-2022, 01:21 AM
If you do stay in Grand Island you could take the kids to Niagara Falls. That's only a few miles away. You're coming from Michigan right? If you're coming across Canada staying in Grand Island would be better. If you're coming across Ohio to get here staying in the Fredonia/Dunkirk area would be better. If you do stay in Grand Island get to the game early. Most of the traffic is coming from that direction.

It was so easy getting to games from the west. I'd leave church at 11:30 and be in my seat before kick off.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-27-2022, 01:29 AM
If you do stay in Grand Island you could take the kids to Niagara Falls. That's only a few miles away. You're coming from Michigan right? If you're coming across Canada staying in Grand Island would be better. If you're coming across Ohio to get here staying in the Fredonia/Dunkirk area would be better. If you do stay in Grand Island get to the game early. Most of the traffic is coming from that direction.

It was so easy getting to games from the west. I'd leave church at 11:30 and be in my seat before kick off.

Good memory buddy. Yes from Michigan through Canada but I may be relocating to Arizona soon so it may be the final trip through Canada. I'm coming for Vikings game

BuffaloBlitz83
10-27-2022, 01:42 AM
Any decent Wing spots to hit up within 20 minutes from Grand Island?

Novacane
10-27-2022, 01:51 AM
Any decent Wing spots to hit up within 20 minutes from Grand Island?

I think there's a Duffs in Niagara Falls now. The city guys can probably give you better suggestions than I can.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-27-2022, 03:21 AM
Hard finding a hotel under 200 a night but I found a fairly newer looking holiday inn by Grand Island Niagara. Commute on map isn't too bad looks like 30-45 minutes to the stadium. How is this area and actual commute? We were taking the kids so going downtown to bar hop wasn't in the cards anyways.

I just stayed at the Hyatt Amherst for about $100 a night.

sukie
10-27-2022, 03:53 AM
Wings… find any old local bar. Doesn’t really matter where. If the place had anything but awesome wings they would cease to exist.

Ingtar33
10-27-2022, 03:53 AM
there is a toll on the highway to get on and off the island, and depending on how you go to the stadium (190, to 90, or 190 to 290 to 90) if you take the 190 straight to the 90 then the stadium there is a second toll booth.

setting aside the tolls, it's a fine drive. nothing too bad.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-27-2022, 06:25 AM
I just stayed at the Hyatt Amherst for about $100 a night.

That hotel is 284 a night that weekend

Novacane
10-27-2022, 07:03 AM
That hotel is 284 a night that weekend

Check Niagara Falls. I ran a priceline search for that weekend and there are several near or under $100. It's not much further than the Island.

sukie
10-27-2022, 11:18 AM
Check Niagara Falls. I ran a priceline search for that weekend and there are several near or under $100. It's not much further than the Island.

Should he bring his own black light to scan the bed?