• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chet
    Allenhu Joshbar
    • Feb 2017

That pit in your stomach feeling about this year’s Bills

Inability to get short yardage/goal line conversions without abusing Josh’s body.

Get Kareem Hunt NOW. Yes, our run blocking sucks but we also don’t have a bruiser in the backfield. I’m excited to see James Cook get involved and I don’t mind Motor as a change of pace back, but if we don’t address this need before the trade deadline then we ain’t winning the SB this year.

That would be a criminal offense to waste this team/season. Offer CLE a 5th and one of our RBs or just cave and give them a 4th. Hunt has relatively low mileage and we should be able to get 2-3 good years out of him before sending him to the glue factory.

Not a huge Cowherd fan but for once he dropped some absolute common sense last night. Championship-contending teams don’t need draft picks, they need pieces. KC and SF know this. The last 2 SB winners knew this.

Do it. Now.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: That pit in your stomach feeling about this year’s Bills

I don't mind the 3rd/4th down and one Josh power sneaks to get the first, pretty sure we screamed for a few seasons to have Daboll put it in the playbook. It was Brady's go-to forever, and effective.

And, I thought they ran the ball really well last night when they wanted to/had to. Early, to loosen up the pass game, and late when they were trying to run clock.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Might need to move on a safety after Poyer went down

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Sure hope Beane makes a move maybe two.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
          Allenhu Joshbar
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I don't mind the 3rd/4th down and one Josh power sneaks to get the first, pretty sure we screamed for a few seasons to have Daboll put it in the playbook. It was Brady's go-to forever, and effective.

And, I thought they ran the ball really well last night when they wanted to/had to. Early, to loosen up the pass game, and late when they were trying to run clock.
          We ran the ball well and there were holes either due to passing game threat or decent (for a change) blocking. Last 2 games have showed that we can run the ball when we stick to it, but you can tell Dorsey and Co have no confidence in handing it off on the goal line or in short yardage situations. We need a dog at RB for those situations. Moss was supposed to be that guy, but he’s mentally weak and a fumbler.

I just feel Hunt gives us everything we want our RB to be right now (and for the next 2-3 years).

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

The power sneak with Davis in motion to push? I love that play… could always at some point keep Davis going for a quick out surprise.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              The power sneak with Davis in motion to push? I love that play… could always at some point keep Davis going for a quick out surprise.
              That was awesome and it looked so easy.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

No pit in my gut. Age of parity leads to games like this. Bills will be sloppy some weeks and GASP..lose some games during the regular season. Home field advantage goal still good. Watching Henry run for 200 doesn't make me jealous. The QB is still the meal ticket and Allen is the reason our O is good. Last night was a Bye hangover. Still won. Don't be emotionally fragile with every bump in the road.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  That was awesome and it looked so easy.
                  Have seen that play a couple of weeks now for sure.

Comment

• swiper
                    • Sep 2010

I agree that the goal line failures have to be fixed. Need better play calling and better execution by the players. They all just think Josh will make it happen. One of those plays he cold get injured.

Comment

• swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      No pit in my gut. Age of parity leads to games like this. Bills will be sloppy some weeks and GASP..lose some games during the regular season. Home field advantage goal still good. Watching Henry run for 200 doesn't make me jealous. The QB is still the meal ticket and Allen is the reason our O is good. Last night was a Bye hangover. Still won. Don't be emotionally fragile with every bump in the road.

Yep. A win is a win is a win. And they got one. Let them go back to practice and try and sort these execution things out. No one should have a pit at 6-1 in the AFC East and have beaten both the 2-loss teams already. Just keep doing what they're doing and try to stay healthy.

The one thing that cold break their back is a Josh Allen injury. Don't want to see that happen.
                      Last edited by swiper; 10-31-2022, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Hopefully them have another play to work of of that.
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

That was the 1st time i saw that one.

It looks pretty difficult to stop.

download.jpg

In the 2nd half Josh turned into this guy ... any questions

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                            I agree that the goal line failures have to be fixed. Need better play calling and better execution by the players. They all just think Josh will make it happen. One of those plays he cold get injured.
                            There is no need to risk your best player/weapon, **** that, whatever it takes!
                            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                              They have one of the most feared quarterbacks in the league, they need more RPO’s plays like the TD pass to Knox. They just need to be more imaginative.
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X