PDA

View Full Version : Was it weird that GB didn’t seem to care?

BillsOwnAll
10-31-2022, 11:45 AM
Did anyone else notice that? Besides Alexander talking all game.

There was a shot of Rodgers,Jones, and someone else laughing it up on the sideline bench down 17 in the 3rd. There were other instances I noticed that as well. Just seemed like the team didn’t even care, I would hate to see my team like that

Buffalogic
10-31-2022, 11:49 AM
Did anyone else notice that? Besides Alexander talking all game.

There was a shot of Rodgers,Jones, and someone else laughing it up on the sideline bench down 17 in the 3rd. There were other instances I noticed that as well. Just seemed like the team didn’t even care, I would hate to see my team like that

The sideline was a really bad look. You'd have thought the score was reversed with how they were acting.

Rodgers thinks he runs the organization and with them handing him 50m a year, they deserve that. Lafleur is a dead man walking.

YardRat
10-31-2022, 11:56 AM
They were pretty chippy all night, sure seemed like a lot of them cared.

Mace
10-31-2022, 12:41 PM
I don't really care about Green Bay. We just need to not be them atm, imho. Look at the Bills in 10 years and hope we aren't. It doesn't end well.

Woodman
10-31-2022, 02:56 PM
Rodgers hasn't given a **** for quite awhile.

DraftBoy
11-01-2022, 12:02 AM
Not really. This is a game after all. Fans love to see the fire on the sidelines and it makes for good TV, but there is no issue with guys cutting up and finding humor on the sidelines.

Kenny
11-01-2022, 01:48 AM
Not really. This is a game after all. Fans love to see the fire on the sidelines and it makes for good TV, but there is no issue with guys cutting up and finding humor on the sidelines.
While getting paid millions of dollars

imbondz
11-01-2022, 01:55 AM
Green Bay is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite team. I thought they played gritty knowing they were the inferior team. If they can’t have fun playing what’s the point. During the 17 year drought there were times our team were laughing it up while getting killed and it taught me to chill a bit. I’m the end it’s just a stupid game. But yes my life will be much better with a SB ring. Lol.

DraftBoy
11-01-2022, 02:08 AM
While getting paid millions of dollars

Yes and?

Kenny
11-01-2022, 02:45 AM
Yes and?

And why when players are losing, they're arent really that upset and laughing it up.

DraftBoy
11-01-2022, 03:05 AM
And why when players are losing, they're arent really that upset and laughing it up.

Because it’s just a game?

They get paid to do a job. Are you not allowed to have fun at work even if you’re having a bad day?

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 04:39 AM
I don't think it's that they didn't/don't care, I think it's that they know they just aren't good enough right now. Rodgers can only do so much with guys off of the street. Imagine if they didn't have a RB like Jones. They'd be winless.

notacon
11-01-2022, 05:23 AM
Nope.

Green Bay is a dumpster fire of a franchise. And I suspect that is the result of not having an individual owner....it's a team owned and run by committee.

The accelerant for that was caused in the 2020 draft when the Pack slapped Rodgers in the face and drafted a QB in the first round instead of surrounding him with more weapons.

And Rodgers reacted like a child (which he is.....he acts like a child thinks an adult should act, but not how an actual adult does act)....went out and showed the team’s clueless management that he was the best and won the 2020 MVP....and then went out and he **** the bed in the NFC championship game.

He toyed with everyone wondering if he would be traded before 2021 and if he really was committed to GB. He and the team made up (that looked so fake) at the last minute and Rodgers went out and had another stellar regular season, won another MVP, and then **** THE BED even WORSE in the 2021 playoffs.

Rodgers comes off like a burnt out flower child that had too many LSD trips, and has decided to be a brat, and simply take all the ****ing money he can and screw the team.

I’m certainly happy he’s not on my team...no matter if he’s a sure fire future HOF.

Especially when comparing his leadership skills to the young Josh Allen. Who actually acts, talks and thinks like a real leader. He has each of his teammates willing to run through brick walls for him.

The last game, it looked like none of the Packers would not walk though a wall made of paper for the whiney, spoiled brat Aaron.

Buffalogic
11-01-2022, 06:08 AM

They get paid to do a job. Are you not allowed to have fun at work even if you’re having a bad day?cringe

Mace
11-01-2022, 10:40 AM

They get paid to do a job. Are you not allowed to have fun at work even if you’re having a bad day?

Yeah, I'm not allowed to have fun. You went out of bounds on this one. It's a specific clause, if I have any fun, I forfeit an hour of pay. I make it a point not to have fun.

Kenny
11-01-2022, 11:27 AM

Didnt say or even imply that.

But when you get paid millions of dollars, it really softens the blow of a bad day... that's it.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 11:40 AM
Laughing beats crying. :couch:

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
GB seemed to care in the 2nd half more than the Bills did, so...

Woodman
11-01-2022, 12:45 PM
GB seemed to care in the 2nd half more than the Bills did, so...

They were down 17 late in the 3rd quarter.

They uncharacteristically decided to run the ball and they had success.

Josh made two bad decisions and that gave them life.

Some poor decisions coupled with bad RZ play calling didn't help.

We just as easily could and should have beaten them by more than 20 points.

Hopefully lesson learned but by no means did the Bills not have interest.

It's football expect the unexpected I guess is the lesson.

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 01:20 PM
They were down 17 late in the 3rd quarter.

They uncharacteristically decided to run the ball and they had success.

Josh made two bad decisions and that gave them life.

Some poor decisions coupled with bad RZ play calling didn't help.

We just as easily could and should have beaten them by more than 20 points.

Hopefully lesson learned but by no means did the Bills not have interest.

It's football expect the unexpected I guess is the lesson.

Oh, they cared in the 2nd half. Just not as much as GB did.

And yes, hopefully lesson learned...No more playing down to the competition.

OpIv37
11-01-2022, 01:38 PM
I said it in the GD thread and I’ll say it again: the Pack won 14 games last year. Rodgers came back with the idea that he had at least one more **** at another ring. But,their record is poor and teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles and Cowboys are just rolling people left and right, and they are two tiers behind.

This game was Rodgers’ last chance to salvage the season, and the Bills just punched him in the mouth early and often. He realized early that his season- and effectively his career- are done. He gave up and the rest of the team picked duo on and followed suit.

The chippiness wasn’t a result of caring. It was pure frustration.

DraftBoy
11-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Didnt say or even imply that.

But when you get paid millions of dollars, it really softens the blow of a bad day... that's it.

I’m confused by your point, but fair enough.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 10:49 PM
Honestly, if anyone showed they didn't care, it was the Packers coaching staff. Running the ball down 17 late was stupid. Sure it worked, but it also ate up like 10 minutes of the clock. I don't care how bad your O-line and WRs have been playing. You have a HOF QB who just won back to back MVP awards. You don't run the ball in that situation.

notacon
11-02-2022, 04:27 AM
I said it in the GD thread and I’ll say it again: the Pack won 14 games last year. Rodgers came back with the idea that he had at least one more **** at another ring. But,their record is poor and teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles and Cowboys are just rolling people left and right, and they are two tiers behind.

This game was Rodgers’ last chance to salvage the season, and the Bills just punched him in the mouth early and often. He realized early that his season- and effectively his career- are done. He gave up and the rest of the team picked duo on and followed suit.

I agree with almost all of your excellent post.

Except the “Rodgers....effectively his career (is) done”.

I don’t think his career is anywhere close to being “done”. Especially with one with the apparently oversized ego like Aaron. He’s exactly the same as Brady.

He’s not going to be “done” until he thinks he has proved all the naysayers wrong, no matter how inconsequential or minor the perceived slight was.

He may be done in Green Bay....I think he effectively was done after the 2020 season.

After the Watson trade and absurd fully guaranteed contract, the multiple chances that slugs like Wentz, Mayfield, Darnold, Goff get from teams desperate for a viable QB (much less an elite one), it’s simple common sense that some team, with a better situation than Green Bay’s awful personal management, will give Aaron a shot.

For example, it is easy to envision Las Vegas, LA Rams, New Orleans or Washington grab Rodgers to try and make a run.

And he is capable of providing the chance for the right team in the right situation, (like Brady in Tampa Bay) to compete and excel.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2022, 07:21 AM
I agree with almost all of your excellent post.

Except the “Rodgers....effectively his career (is) done”.

I don’t think his career is anywhere close to being “done”. Especially with one with the apparently oversized ego like Aaron. He’s exactly the same as Brady.

He’s not going to be “done” until he thinks he has proved all the naysayers wrong, no matter how inconsequential or minor the perceived slight was.

He may be done in Green Bay....I think he effectively was done after the 2020 season.

After the Watson trade and absurd fully guaranteed contract, the multiple chances that slugs like Wentz, Mayfield, Darnold, Goff get from teams desperate for a viable QB (much less an elite one), it’s simple common sense that some team, with a better situation than Green Bay’s awful personal management, will give Aaron a shot.

For example, it is easy to envision Las Vegas, LA Rams, New Orleans or Washington grab Rodgers to try and make a run.

And he is capable of providing the chance for the right team in the right situation, (like Brady in Tampa Bay) to compete and excel.
I don't think Rodgers plays after this year. I think he's done. He looks and sounds ready to walk. Even if they fire Lafleur, which I doubt they will, do you really think Aaron wants to stick around to learn another system? Doubt it.

Cntrygal
11-02-2022, 08:12 AM
Oh, they cared in the 2nd half. Just not as much as GB did.

And yes, hopefully lesson learned...No more playing down to the competition.

How many times do they need to "learn this lesson"?

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-02-2022, 01:15 PM

Great post op
One of your best ones I’ve ever seen

I’ll disagree on one point though

given the contract rodgers just signed, I don’t see him hanging it up after this year

OpIv37
11-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Great post op
One of your best ones I’ve ever seen

I’ll disagree on one point though

given the contract rodgers just signed, I don’t see him hanging it up after this year
I don’t think he’ll hang it up. I just don’t think he can get it done anymore and part of him knows it.

Maybe notacon is right and he lucks into a strong team like Brady did. I just can’t see him getting it done in GB anymore. They don’t have the talent and his salary eats so much cap.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2022, 10:53 PM
I don’t think he’ll hang it up. I just don’t think he can get it done anymore and part of him knows it.

Maybe notacon is right and he lucks into a strong team like Brady did. I just can’t see him getting it done in GB anymore. They don’t have the talent and his salary eats so much cap.
If you look at the teams that need a QB, they aren't just a QB away from being a contender. All of the contenders already have QBs.

YardRat
11-02-2022, 11:12 PM
If you look at the teams that need a QB, they aren't just a QB away from being a contender. All of the contenders already have QBs.

Well, neither was Tampa Bay the season before Brady. Their defense was middle of the pack rankings in yards, and bottom five in points allowed. Plus, they brought in the significant offensive weapons like Gronk, Brown, Fournette the same season as Brady.

That being said Rodgers winning another title with a different team isn't anywhere near the story that Brady was so the league isn't going to massage anything to help the cause.

notacon
11-03-2022, 04:27 AM
I don't think Rodgers plays after this year. I think he's done. He looks and sounds ready to walk. Even if they fire Lafleur, which I doubt they will, do you really think Aaron wants to stick around to learn another system? Doubt it.

If I were a betting man, I would not waste one penny waging that Rodgers will not play after this year.

But, you never know. That contract and his ego point to a different story to the end of his career.

And I believe that are several teams that would immediately rise to contender with Rodgers. Reuniting Rodgers and Adams in Las Vegas makes too much sense.

This was supposed to be Carr’s year to shine with the addition of Adams. Carr is just not close to the level of Rodgers. And Josh McDaniels is on the hot seat and it would surprise no one if he’s fired. A new regime always has the possibility of big changes.

New Orleans is another perfect situation. They have had a very competitive defense for some time, and they went from 11-5, 13-3, 13-3 & 12-4 records the last four years of Brees to 9-8 & 3-5 without a QB that is worth a damn.

With the strong possibility of new ownership and cleaning house in Washington, rebuilding a contender around Rodgers is exactly what a deep pocketed new owner would do. Especially with a new stadium in the offing.

In any event, if the NFL has taught us anything is that anything can happen.

But, Rodgers retiring at his age, just year off of MVP two in a row, and a $50M a year contract???? I don’t see it.

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2022, 05:05 AM
HUGE difference between Brady and Rodgers.

#1 Brady was a Free Agent, and a team didn't have to give up any draft capital to get him on their team.

#2 He had no cap hit coming over, Rodgers has a cap hit of 31 million for 2023. A team would have to have both the draft capital and the cap space to get him.

New Orleans is 62 million OVER the projected cap in 2023 and that's with 37 players under contract. They aren't getting Rodgers

The Raiders do have space, but they'd have to move Carr, not sure if the Packers would want to take Carr's contract in that situation. It would make more sense than New Orleans.

swiper
11-03-2022, 05:25 AM
Everyone has been saying all season that Rodgers doesn't care. He's collecting a paycheck. When he's done he'll become the next Joe Rogan.

notacon
11-03-2022, 05:32 AM
HUGE difference between Brady and Rodgers.

#1 Brady was a Free Agent, and a team didn't have to give up any draft capital to get him on their team.

#2 He had no cap hit coming over, Rodgers has a cap hit of 31 million for 2023. A team would have to have both the draft capital and the cap space to get him.

New Orleans is 62 million OVER the projected cap in 2023 and that's with 37 players under contract. They aren't getting Rodgers

The Raiders do have space, but they'd have to move Carr, not sure if the Packers would want to take Carr's contract in that situation. It would make more sense than New Orleans.
Good points.

That in the end, will not stop teams from doing what they can to produce a winner and help the bottom line.

I am not predicting that any of these event WILL happen....but, seriously, after the movement of high profile players last year would anyone be surprised that some team will move heaven and earth to get Rodgers???

notacon
11-03-2022, 05:35 AM
BTW....I really don’t give a crap what Rodgers does in the coming years. As long as he is not in the AFC East.

But it sure is fun seeing the old guard peter out and the new guns take over....with Josh Allen leading the way.

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2022, 05:55 AM
Everyone has been saying all season that Rodgers doesn't care. He's collecting a paycheck. When he's done he'll become the next Joe Rogan.
If he wants to.

Heck, he seems like the type of guy who will retire and possibly never be heard from again

Night Train
11-03-2022, 06:07 AM
he seems like the type of guy who will retire and possibly never be heard from again

Pat McAfee will never let that happen.

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2022, 07:07 AM
Pat McAfee will never let that happen.
lol

Good point.

I actually like McAfee and his show.