PDA

View Full Version : The good and bad Allen Sunday night

ghz in pittsburgh
10-31-2022, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxCQwqZk1fE

YardRat
10-31-2022, 01:46 PM
He's a machine, physically. Still has work to do from a mental standpoint.

Woodman
10-31-2022, 02:26 PM

2nd half he turned into David S. Pumpkins

Woodman
11-04-2022, 08:46 AM
He's a machine, physically. Still has work to do from a mental standpoint.

When that happens holy crap look the **** out! :gobills:

Mace
11-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Every QB is going to have a bad game or several, look at the HOF'ers, they had their share. To me it's important they won anyway, last year they might not have.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Will this Jets game be their Jaguars game last year? Facing a good defense which may frustrate Allen.

The last buffalo fan
11-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Will this Jets game be their Jaguars game last year? Facing a good defense which may frustrate Allen.

I think Mace is responding us here:

Every QB is going to have a bad game or several, look at the HOF'ers, they had their share. To me it's important they won anyway, last year they might not have.

Jets have a great D to slow down Allen a bit, but not the O to beat our D.

Goobylal
11-04-2022, 04:36 PM

This. They won by 10. When they got comfortably ahead, they probably figured they had the game in hand and then lost the mo. Happens a lot to teams. It's a lesson going forward.

YardRat
11-04-2022, 10:42 PM
I'm kind of tired of hearing the "it's a lesson and we'll learn from it" mantra, but I can be OK with it as long as it's just in the regular season and when they get to the playoffs they've learned enough to ace the exam.

We're in year five of Allen, six of the regime, it's time this team became the teacher and the rest of the league are the students.

Prov401
11-05-2022, 12:19 AM
Josh seems to have an 'ok' game after bye weeks. He didn't play great against the Chargers in 20' and he didn't throw for any touchdowns vs miami last year. Excited to watch him tomorrow against a well coached defense.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2022, 01:23 AM
Josh seems to have an 'ok' game after bye weeks. He didn't play great against the Chargers in 20' and he didn't throw for any touchdowns vs miami last year. Excited to watch him tomorrow against a well coached defense.
What are you talking about? The highlight below also showed what a healthy Beasley can do before he's broken down and fell apart later in the year.

By the waty, that game was also the game that a lot of us thought that Tua may have something there in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmB74NFIik

Goobylal
11-05-2022, 01:46 AM
I'm kind of tired of hearing the "it's a lesson and we'll learn from it" mantra, but I can be OK with it as long as it's just in the regular season and when they get to the playoffs they've learned enough to ace the exam.

We're in year five of Allen, six of the regime, it's time this team became the teacher and the rest of the league are the students.

What do you want to hear? Josh suddenly forgot how to play and sucks now? Again it's a learning point for him.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2022, 01:56 AM
Truthfully I just want a win and get out of Meadowland healthy. That turf is known for injuries.

Match up wise, I want to see how our O-Line fares against arguably the best D-Line we are going to see this season. For the most part, our line is pretty healthy. It's time to see some gelling and consistency. We don't ask them to dominate, but competant. I referenced the Jags game last year because it was one where the O-Line completely got dominated. Time to see what Kromer is able to get that group going, particularly aginast a D line as talented and as complex in terms twists and stunts as they come in NFL.

Personally I also want to see the team as a whole improve on giveaways. Currently the Bills have 6 fumbles and 6 INTs for a total of 12 in a 7 game span. Only 4 other teams have more than 12 giveaways. On top of that, they had 4 failed 4th down conversion. That's a lot of turnovers for a conference leading team.

Goobylal
11-05-2022, 03:45 AM
Truthfully I just want a win and get out of Meadowland healthy. That turf is known for injuries.

Match up wise, I want to see how our O-Line fares against arguably the best D-Line we are going to see this season. For the most part, our line is pretty healthy. It's time to see some gelling and consistency. We don't ask them to dominate, but competant. I referenced the Jags game last year because it was one where the O-Line completely got dominated. Time to see what Kromer is able to get that group going, particularly aginast a D line as talented and as complex in terms twists and stunts as they come in NFL.

Personally I also want to see the team as a whole improve on giveaways. Currently the Bills have 6 fumbles and 6 INTs for a total of 12 in a 7 game span. Only 4 other teams have more than 12 giveaways. On top of that, they had 4 failed 4th down conversion. That's a lot of turnovers for a conference leading team.

Josh hammered an even better DL when Saleh was DC of the 49'ers and the Jets have nowhere near as good an offense as they did. I agree that I don't want to see any injuries.

notacon
11-05-2022, 05:25 AM
This thread is soooooo Buffalo Bills hand wringing.

In The Guardian, a British news source, Jonathan Lieu pondered the pessimism of those who root (https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/oct/30/gabriel-jesus-is-not-the-perfect-striker-but-he-may-be-just-perfect-for-arsenal?te=1&nl=frank-bruni&emc=edit_fb_20221103) for the Arsenal soccer team....and it is a perfect illustration of what goes in Bills Country....even after a win that was never in doubt. I have quoted the author, but changed the references to Bills fans....

''It is the eternal gift of Bills fans to be able to identify the potential anxiety in virtually any situation, however favorable or triumphant. Pleasure is simply misery deferred. Most people look for crumbs of comfort; Bills fans look for crumbs of concern, scan the fixture list for oncoming hazards, scan every horizon for grey clouds. And so, even a routine and rampant 27-17 victory comes with its own quantum of unease."

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2022, 06:08 AM
Josh hammered an even better DL when Saleh was DC of the 49'ers and the Jets have nowhere near as good an offense as they did. I agree that I don't want to see any injuries.

Really? In that game 2020, 48ers DL consisted of DJ Jones, Kerry Hyder, Arik Armstead and Javon Kinslaw. No proballyer then and no pro-bowlers 2 years after that. And their back end corners were Dontae Johnson, Jason Verrett, and a washed up Richard Sherman.

Thee is no player of the calibre Quinnen Williams or Sauce Gardner anywhere in that lineup. Heck did the 49ers have anyone better than one of the current Jets DL of Williams, Rankins, Lawson, Franklin-Myers?

YardRat
11-05-2022, 06:24 AM
What do you want to hear? Josh suddenly forgot how to play and sucks now? Again it's a learning point for him.

I want to hear "I've been doing this for five years, I should know better by now".

notacon
11-05-2022, 07:04 AM
I want to hear "I've been doing this for five years, I should know better by now".

How myopically silly.

You can say the same thing about literally every NFL QB in the HOF.

EVERY QB does dumb stuff that they “should know better by now” no matter how many years they have been in the NFL.

You are validating the quote above....

"Most people look for crumbs of comfort; Bills fans look for crumbs of concern, scan the fixture list for oncoming hazards, scan every horizon for grey clouds."

Goobylal
11-05-2022, 07:32 AM
Really? In that game 2020, 48ers DL consisted of DJ Jones, Kerry Hyder, Arik Armstead and Javon Kinslaw. No proballyer then and no pro-bowlers 2 years after that. And their back end corners were Dontae Johnson, Jason Verrett, and a washed up Richard Sherman.

Thee is no player of the calibre Quinnen Williams or Sauce Gardner anywhere in that lineup. Heck did the 49ers have anyone better than one of the current Jets DL of Williams, Rankins, Lawson, Franklin-Myers?

Never mind. I thought they had a great defense that year and that's why Saleh got a HC'ing gig. How the hell did Saleh get a HC'ing gig coming of that season?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2022, 09:01 AM
Never mind. I thought they had a great defense that year and that's why Saleh got a HC'ing gig. How the hell did Saleh get a HC'ing gig coming of that season?

They went to superbowl 2019 with Garoppolo as QB. A big part is their success on defense. Even in that superbowl game if it wasn't for Mahomes to go crazy on their in the 4th quarter ... Any way, of course DC name on that team would be a hot shot noted by everyone.

2020 season they had a lot of injuries on D. Bosa and Thomas were missing in that Bills game, also 2 starting corners Willilams and Witherspoon were out. The Bills caught them at the right time.

The Jets D the Bills are going to face tomorrow will be at full strength. I hope the Allen and Dorsey treat them like they were facing the Rams D: a lot of short passes to neutralize their D line talent. The problem is unlike the Rams back 7, Jets have more talent back there with Sauce Gardner, Mosby etc.

Mace
11-05-2022, 09:07 AM
Well, with that crew, they were ranked 5th in yards, 4th in 1st downs, 4th in passing yards, 7th in passing ny/a...7th in rushing yards, 4th in rushing td's, 6th in rushing y/a....can't believe I typed all that out instead of https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2020.htm for the rest, including avg drive stats where they ranked high.

They did have a good defense that year.

Goobylal
11-05-2022, 10:21 AM
Well, with that crew, they were ranked 5th in yards, 4th in 1st downs, 4th in passing yards, 7th in passing ny/a...7th in rushing yards, 4th in rushing td's, 6th in rushing y/a....can't believe I typed all that out instead of https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2020.htm for the rest, including avg drive stats where they ranked high.

They did have a good defense that year.

I thought they did. When I went back earlier I only looked at points allowed and it was a lot.

Cali512
11-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Donald is better than Williams
Ramsey is better than Sauce
Stafford is better than Wilson
Kupp is better than Wilson

It should be the same gameplan as the rams with even better results

notacon
11-06-2022, 04:00 AM
They went to superbowl 2019 with Garoppolo as QB. A big part is their success on defense. Even in that superbowl game if it wasn't for Mahomes to go crazy on their in the 4th quarter ... Any way, of course DC name on that team would be a hot shot noted by everyone.

2020 season they had a lot of injuries on D. Bosa and Thomas were missing in that Bills game, also 2 starting corners Willilams and Witherspoon were out. The Bills caught them at the right time.

The Jets D the Bills are going to face tomorrow will be at full strength. I hope the Allen and Dorsey treat them like they were facing the Rams D: a lot of short passes to neutralize their D line talent. The problem is unlike the Rams back 7, Jets have more talent back there with Sauce Gardner, Mosby etc.

And the 49ers lost the 2019 Super Bowl because Jimmy G was at QB. And why they traded away the house to get Trey Lance. Their defense may get them to the SB this year, but Jimmy G. won’t, and I think (as the 49ers coaches and GM) can’t win it for them.

The biggest match up today is going to be the Jets defense against the Bills offense.

The Jets defense is for real, but not that experienced, and worst of all, their offense puts them in really bad situations all the time.

The Jets have not played against a QB like Josh Allen. Closest they got was the Baltimore game and they got blown out.

The Bills offense and defense will win their match ups.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2022, 08:19 AM
The Bills offense and defense will win their match ups.
Really?