Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The good and bad Allen Sunday night

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The good and bad Allen Sunday night

He's a machine, physically. Still has work to do from a mental standpoint.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

download.jpg

2nd half he turned into David S. Pumpkins

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        He's a machine, physically. Still has work to do from a mental standpoint.
        When that happens holy crap look the **** out!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Every QB is going to have a bad game or several, look at the HOF'ers, they had their share. To me it's important they won anyway, last year they might not have.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Will this Jets game be their Jaguars game last year? Facing a good defense which may frustrate Allen.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              Will this Jets game be their Jaguars game last year? Facing a good defense which may frustrate Allen.
              I think Mace is responding us here:

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              Every QB is going to have a bad game or several, look at the HOF'ers, they had their share. To me it's important they won anyway, last year they might not have.
              Jets have a great D to slow down Allen a bit, but not the O to beat our D.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                This. They won by 10. When they got comfortably ahead, they probably figured they had the game in hand and then lost the mo. Happens a lot to teams. It's a lesson going forward.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm kind of tired of hearing the "it's a lesson and we'll learn from it" mantra, but I can be OK with it as long as it's just in the regular season and when they get to the playoffs they've learned enough to ace the exam.

We're in year five of Allen, six of the regime, it's time this team became the teacher and the rest of the league are the students.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

Josh seems to have an 'ok' game after bye weeks. He didn't play great against the Chargers in 20' and he didn't throw for any touchdowns vs miami last year. Excited to watch him tomorrow against a well coached defense.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Prov401 View Post
                      Josh seems to have an 'ok' game after bye weeks. He didn't play great against the Chargers in 20' and he didn't throw for any touchdowns vs miami last year. Excited to watch him tomorrow against a well coached defense.
                      What are you talking about? The highlight below also showed what a healthy Beasley can do before he's broken down and fell apart later in the year.

By the waty, that game was also the game that a lot of us thought that Tua may have something there in him.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I'm kind of tired of hearing the "it's a lesson and we'll learn from it" mantra, but I can be OK with it as long as it's just in the regular season and when they get to the playoffs they've learned enough to ace the exam.

We're in year five of Allen, six of the regime, it's time this team became the teacher and the rest of the league are the students.
                        What do you want to hear? Josh suddenly forgot how to play and sucks now? Again it's a learning point for him.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Truthfully I just want a win and get out of Meadowland healthy. That turf is known for injuries.

Match up wise, I want to see how our O-Line fares against arguably the best D-Line we are going to see this season. For the most part, our line is pretty healthy. It's time to see some gelling and consistency. We don't ask them to dominate, but competant. I referenced the Jags game last year because it was one where the O-Line completely got dominated. Time to see what Kromer is able to get that group going, particularly aginast a D line as talented and as complex in terms twists and stunts as they come in NFL.

Personally I also want to see the team as a whole improve on giveaways. Currently the Bills have 6 fumbles and 6 INTs for a total of 12 in a 7 game span. Only 4 other teams have more than 12 giveaways. On top of that, they had 4 failed 4th down conversion. That's a lot of turnovers for a conference leading team.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Truthfully I just want a win and get out of Meadowland healthy. That turf is known for injuries.

Match up wise, I want to see how our O-Line fares against arguably the best D-Line we are going to see this season. For the most part, our line is pretty healthy. It's time to see some gelling and consistency. We don't ask them to dominate, but competant. I referenced the Jags game last year because it was one where the O-Line completely got dominated. Time to see what Kromer is able to get that group going, particularly aginast a D line as talented and as complex in terms twists and stunts as they come in NFL.

Personally I also want to see the team as a whole improve on giveaways. Currently the Bills have 6 fumbles and 6 INTs for a total of 12 in a 7 game span. Only 4 other teams have more than 12 giveaways. On top of that, they had 4 failed 4th down conversion. That's a lot of turnovers for a conference leading team.
                            Josh hammered an even better DL when Saleh was DC of the 49'ers and the Jets have nowhere near as good an offense as they did. I agree that I don't want to see any injuries.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

This thread is soooooo Buffalo Bills hand wringing.

In The Guardian, a British news source, Jonathan Lieu pondered the pessimism of those who root for the Arsenal soccer team....and it is a perfect illustration of what goes in Bills Country....even after a win that was never in doubt. I have quoted the author, but changed the references to Bills fans....

''
                              It is the eternal gift of Bills fans to be able to identify the potential anxiety in virtually any situation, however favorable or triumphant. Pleasure is simply misery deferred. Most people look for crumbs of comfort; Bills fans look for crumbs of concern, scan the fixture list for oncoming hazards, scan every horizon for grey clouds. And so, even a routine and rampant 27-17 victory comes with its own quantum of unease."

Comment

Working...
                              X