PDA

View Full Version : Bills remaining schedule is easy…

Skooby
10-31-2022, 11:00 PM
Bills finish playing with the 24th-most difficult schedule….

YardRat
10-31-2022, 11:06 PM
Some of the talking head (*cough*Benini and Carucci*cough*) rhetoric following the Sunday win was the team got bored with the Packers after the first half ad that's what led to sloppy second half performance. Let's hope that mindset doesn't linger at all the rest of the season and they 'get bored' with their schedule.

Woodman
10-31-2022, 11:47 PM
It's the responsibility of the coaches to keep them on task ........ having said that they are professionals and the killer instinct is required across the board. Veteran leadership probably in the form of Von Miller will be a plus going forward ..... eye to the prize.

TheConsigliere
10-31-2022, 11:49 PM
I see only one maybe two losses in the Bills remaining 11 games.

Chet
11-01-2022, 01:22 AM
I see possible losses to Bengals, one to New England, and maybe an obscure dud against the Bears at Soldier Field in December.

The divisional games worry me the most

Kenny
11-01-2022, 01:54 AM
NE could take one if we get another bad weather game like last year. I know we beefed up the DL, but when you take Josh out of the equation, it's Belicheat vs. McD.

But assuming weather holds up, Miami is the only 'tough' game left. The Vikings are off to a great start, but I honestly havent watched them at all, so not sure if they're good or a result of playing far lesser opponents.

imbondz
11-01-2022, 01:57 AM
Vikings, Browns and Bengals will be tough games. We never match up well against the Browns too. Division games are tougher this year too than last year.

notacon
11-01-2022, 05:06 AM
Having both the Browns and Vikings at home is huge. I just don’t see the Bills losing another game at home this year......including the playoffs.

Divison games are always “tougher” because they mean so much.

But, with that said, Miami is NOT going to waltz into Buffalo and win. NO ****ING WAY!!!

The Pats and Jets are just no match for the Bills.....no matter where they are played.

Chicago and Detroit, on the road, are no match for Buffalo.

That leaves the Cincy game, on the road, as the most questionable one left on the schedule. Second to last game for each team....Monday night....with the strong possibility that the Bengals will be fighting for their playoff lives.

And on the Bills situation, the AFC East will be already clinched (at least two or three weeks before) and they may already have the #1 seed clinched as well.

Would anyone be surprised if the Bills go into the Cincy game with a 14-1 record and the unquestioned best team in the AFC??? Not me.

This season’s Buffalo Bills have lived up to every expectation of being the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl. They are the team of destiny.

Ed
11-01-2022, 05:29 AM
The Vikings are probably the best team remaining on the schedule, but I never think they're a great team when I watch them.

I thought traveling to NE for a Thursday game would be tough, but the Bills play on Thanksgiving the week before, so they'll have more rest and prep time than the Pats.

The Jets would make me a little nervous if Zach Wilson could show something, but he's been terrible. They have a lot of young talent, but losing Breece Hall hurts too.

Bengals should be better, but they're really struggling to protect Burrow. That's not going to get easier going against the Bills.

Honestly, it's probably the Dolphins that are the best team or toughest remaining opponent, but I can't wait for that revenge game and seeing Tua have to come to Buffalo in December.

Novacane
11-01-2022, 05:33 AM
16-1.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2022, 06:32 AM
The Bills will be favorites in each of their remaining games.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 06:34 AM
Vikings, Browns and Bengals will be tough games. We never match up well against the Browns too. Division games are tougher this year too than last year.

After watching the Bengals the other night I'm more confident we can beat them.

The Browns are dangerous with that RB.
The Vikings big question mark on how that might go ?

notacon
11-01-2022, 07:42 AM
The Bills will be favorites in each of their remaining games.

They most certainly are. FiveThirtyEght (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nfl-predictions/games/?ex_cid=rrpromo) has all the “win probabilities” (based on their QB adjusted ELO (https://fivethirtyeight.com/methodology/how-our-nfl-predictions-work/)) and point spread for every game. The Bills are favored with .....

@Jets - 76% - favored by 8 points
Vikings - 74% - favored by 7 points
Browns - 85% - favored by 12.5 points
@Lions - 85% - favored by 12 points
@Pats - 71% - favored by 6.5 points
Jets - 85% - favored by 12 points
Dolphins - 78% - favored by 8.5 points
@Bears - 79% - favored by 9 points
@Bengels - 65% - favored by 4.5 points
Pats - 82% - favored by 10.5 points

For the record the win probability and point spread for each completed Bills game....

@LA Rams - 47% - Rams favored by 1 point (a virtual pick ‘em)
Titans - 75% - favored by 8 points
@Miami - 57% - favored by 2 points (close to a pick ‘em)
@Ravens - 54% - favored by 1 points (a virtual pick ‘em)
Steelers - 88% - favored by 13.5 points
@KC - 50% - complete pick ‘em
Green Bay - 84% - favored by 11.5 points

Bill Cody
11-01-2022, 07:48 AM
NE could take one if we get another bad weather game like last year. I know we beefed up the DL, but when you take Josh out of the equation, it's Belicheat vs. McD.

That wind game was once in a century conditions. The last two times we've played we didn't punt. If they were fights the ref would have stopped both games.

Kaziganth
11-01-2022, 07:52 AM
Divisional games are almost always tough games (for any team) no matter what, and we have five of those remaining at this moment.

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 09:17 AM
Some of the talking head (*cough*Benini and Carucci*cough*) rhetoric following the Sunday win was the team got bored with the Packers after the first half ad that's what led to sloppy second half performance. Let's hope that mindset doesn't linger at all the rest of the season and they 'get bored' with their schedule.

They blinked.

Ingtar33
11-01-2022, 09:39 AM
I see possible losses to Bengals, one to New England, and maybe an obscure dud against the Bears at Soldier Field in December.

The divisional games worry me the most

no, the Bengals are a bad team playing a terrible schedule and who got a LOT of lucky breaks in that bad schedule. They've played a bunch of second string QBs, and bad defenses.

they're a mediocre football team.

the pats are just bad, worse then last year and won't make the playoffs, and the bears are trash as well.

there are a few mediocre teams on our schedule who COULD beat us if we play a whole game like the 2nd half of the Packers game. but who probably won't.

Mace
11-01-2022, 10:19 AM

I won't speculate. One game at a time. Enjoying the season.

Prov401
11-01-2022, 10:26 AM
Vikings and Bengals will be our toughest remaining games imo.

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Vikings and Bengals will be our toughest remaining games imo.

Vikings traded for Hock.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Early line for week 10 Bills vs. Vikings.

The Bills are already 9.5 point favorites.

I can already see Kirk Cousins running for his life :D

TigerJ
11-01-2022, 02:18 PM
The Vikings are probably the best team remaining on the schedule, but I never think they're a great team when I watch them.

I thought traveling to NE for a Thursday game would be tough, but the Bills play on Thanksgiving the week before, so they'll have more rest and prep time than the Pats.

The Jets would make me a little nervous if Zach Wilson could show something, but he's been terrible. They have a lot of young talent, but losing Breece Hall hurts too.

Bengals should be better, but they're really struggling to protect Burrow. That's not going to get easier going against the Bills.

Honestly, it's probably the Dolphins that are the best team or toughest remaining opponent, but I can't wait for that revenge game and seeing Tua have to come to Buffalo in December.I agree. I might have included Cincinnati as a tough team too, but then they laid an egg against Cleveland and lost their #1 CB to an ACL injury in the process.

Night Train
11-01-2022, 10:23 PM
...on paper, everything is easy.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 11:30 PM
No such thing as "easy" in the NFL.

Jets always give the Bills a tough game. That's the only game that matters right now.

Cntrygal
11-02-2022, 08:34 AM
I won't speculate. One game at a time. Enjoying the season.

A Vikings fan came up to me at work this morning and started talking about "The Game" and how great it's going to be. I must have had a really puzzled look on my face, because she clarified that we play in a few weeks. I just replied with, "oh yeah... it should be good. I haven't looked that far ahead though, we have a division game this week to focus on." She looked disappointed lol (I'm going to have to remember to track her down for Vikings week :rofl: )

notacon
11-03-2022, 04:10 AM
Talkathon published a regularly updated “Remaining schedule strength” (https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength) that uses winning percentage of teams left on the schedule for each team.

Buffalo is ranked with the 14th toughest schedule with a .513 record of opponents.

This is inflated a bit because the Jets gaudy 5-3 record that is almost assuredly going to get worse.

Some of the “easiest” schedules.....

Miami - #20 - .486
Kansas City - #29 - .433
Baltimore - #32 - .347

Because of the early success of all the AFC East teams (because they have collectively only played the Bills once) and their 5-3, 5-3 & 4-4 records, those five games are listed as the “toughest opponents”.....with only Minnesota and Cincy the other.

‘Tough” or not, I don’t think anyone will be surprised when the Bills sweep the 5 division games left. Starting this Sunday when the Jets are going to be beat rather soundly.

Woodman
11-03-2022, 01:30 PM
No such thing as "easy" in the NFL.

Jets always give the Bills a tough game. That's the only game that matters right now.

We have one goal every week and it doesn't matter if your favored or not.

Easy games just don't exist with the refs we get.

Killer instinct is what we need every week no matter who we play.

You don't get the W because somebody sets a line favoring your team.

1-0 is the goal.

Gibby 2.0
11-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Bills finish playing with the 24th-most difficult schedule….

Whenever I see posts like this I get flashbacks from last november when we had an easy as all hell schedule that featured Indy and Jacksonville. We choked to a clown show in Florida and got wiped out v the Colts. NEVER EVER overlook an opponent.

Skooby
11-04-2022, 02:56 AM
Whenever I see posts like this I get flashbacks from last november when we had an easy as all hell schedule that featured Indy and Jacksonville. We choked to a clown show in Florida and got wiped out v the Colts. NEVER EVER overlook an opponent.

It’s an easy schedule not an easy win, we will be favored every game & should win. I was at the clown show, it was a cold day & we should of won it easily (we didn’t).

TacklingDummy
11-04-2022, 03:04 AM
Injuries are derailing how good this team can be.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2022, 07:13 AM
It’s an easy schedule not an easy win, we will be favored every game & should win. I was at the clown show, it was a cold day & we should of won it easily (we didn’t).

Wish the Bills had an easy schedule like the Egales have had so far.

Woodman
11-04-2022, 07:17 AM
Wish the Bills had an easy schedule like the Eagles have had so far.
Their schedule has been ridiculous to be sure.

Woodman
11-04-2022, 07:20 AM

Our depth has saved us so far but this continual parade of injuries has to have any fan concerned.

notacon
11-04-2022, 07:57 AM
Wish the Bills had an easy schedule like the Egales have had so far.

You got that right!!!

The Bills have NOT “had an easy schedule” this year. Not even CLOSE, and not anything like Philly’s easy schedule.

In fact, the Bills have had one of the most difficult schedules this season. Along with strength of victory that is (by far) best out of the 14 teams that would make the playoffs if they started today.

Bills SOS = .528. Only 12 teams, or a little over one third, have SOS above .500.

Bills SOV = .511. Only TWO team in the NFL have a SOV above .500.

The Bills had FIVE of their seven games against 2021 playoff teams.

Philly = SOS .411. Only ONE team has had an easier SOS.....LA Chargers at .398.

Philly = SOV .411. Even in the weak NFC, there is only ONE team out of the seven that would make the playoffs if the season ended today, with a worse SOV....Minnesota at SOV of only .383.

Philadelphia have had only three games vs 2021 playoff teams....and had three against literally the three WORST teams from 2021....Jax (3-14), Detroit (3-13-1) and Houston (4-13).....who are still mired in the gutter.....

Detroit has the worst record in the NFL at 1-6, Houston has the second worst at 1-6-1, and Jax is tied with the THIRD worst at 2-6.

The Bills have played and beaten all three of the other divisions leaders in the AFC.

Philly has played against, and beat, the only division leader they have met....Minnesota, which has the lowest SOV out of the seven NFC team that would get in playoffs if season ended today. They have beaten Detroit, Washington, Jacksonville, Arizona Pittsburgh and Houston. All basically cake walks.

Their two “tough” games were against Minnesota (who have had an extremely easy schedule) and Dallas, without Dan Prescott against the fading backup Cooper Rush.

By any measure, the Bills have faced a very difficult schedule so far, and Phlliy has not.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2022, 08:13 AM
They are 6-1, should be 7-0.

Nothing has been derailed.

TheConsigliere
11-04-2022, 08:53 PM

Negativity breeds further negativity.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2022, 08:20 AM
If the Josh Allen of the past 6 quarters continues to show up, none of those games will be gimmes.

Novacane
11-06-2022, 08:46 AM

I guess they're still bored.

TacklingDummy
11-06-2022, 08:48 AM

6-2

You disagree that injuries are effecting how good this team can be?

Woodman
11-06-2022, 09:05 AM
We have one goal every week and it doesn't matter if your favored or not.

Easy games just don't exist with the refs we get.

Killer instinct is what we need every week no matter who we play.

You don't get the W because somebody sets a line favoring your team.

1-0 is the goal.

sahlensguy
11-06-2022, 09:06 AM
The schedule is easy and only gets easier from here!

Woodman
11-06-2022, 09:07 AM
6-2

I'm sure the game today is different if we're healthy.

Hopefully some week that will happen.

paladin warrior
11-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Ha !! You are wrong . Today Bill's lost and it was not easy .

Skooby
11-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Everyone looks daunting now, LOL. It’s like we have no WR’s past Diggs.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2022, 11:10 PM
6-2

Injuries haven't affected anything. Injuries are not why they lost to Miami, and not why they lost to the Jets.

Being unprepared, in both cases, is why they lost those games.

Unprepared for the heat in Miami, and unprepared for the Jets Defense yesterday.

YardRat
11-06-2022, 11:12 PM
Injuries are no excuse.

We lost a Super Bowl to a ****ing back-up quarterback.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2022, 11:30 PM
Injuries are no excuse.

We lost a Super Bowl to a ****ing back-up quarterback.

Exactly.

The Bills looked like a team going through the motions yesterday, while the Jets looked like a team determined.

OpIv37
11-07-2022, 04:37 AM
The remaining schedule is easy?

Vikings 7-1
Browns 3-5
Lions 2-6
Patriots 5-4
Jets 6-3 already beat us once
Dolphins 6-3 already beat us once
Bears 3-6
Bengals 5-4
Patriots 5-4

That's just 3 games against teams with losing records vs 6 against teams with winning records, two of whom already beat us. Now, the only elite team we have left is Minny, so we have that going for us. I'd saw the schedule is average-slightly above average in strength. It's definitely not easy.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 05:12 AM

Vikings 7-1
Browns 3-5
Lions 2-6
Patriots 5-4
Bears 3-6
Bengals 5-4
Patriots 5-4

That's just 3 games against teams with losing records vs 6 against teams with winning records, two of whom already beat us. Now, the only elite team we have left is Minny, so we have that going for us. I'd saw the schedule is average-slightly above average in strength. It's definitely not easy.

So we'll win a lot of those games I guess.

For fans nothing is easy ..... you live and die on every play ...... we gotta simma don now I heard.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 05:24 AM
Everyone looks daunting now, LOL. It’s like we have no WR’s past Diggs.

Don't say it we need OBJr. :D

Skooby
11-07-2022, 05:26 AM
Don't say it we need OBJr. :D
He’d had made some of the grabs that weren’t made yesterday, it’s like we melt in temps above 75 degrees.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 05:30 AM
He’d had made some of the grabs that weren’t made yesterday, it’s like we melt in temps above 75 degrees.

He's got those sticky gloves doesn't he?

We need him as soon as he's ready.

notacon
11-07-2022, 05:33 AM

Vikings 7-1
Browns 3-5
Lions 2-6
Patriots 5-4
Bears 3-6
Bengals 5-4
Patriots 5-4

I’d rather the Bills prove themselves with a schedule that is "average-slightly above average in strength” than the cream puff schedule Minnesota has had.

Minny’s seven wins have been against teams with these records...

3-6
2-6
3-5
3-6
6-3 (against Miami’s 2nd string QB)
3-6
4-5

Their toughest game of the year vs Philly, they got their asses handed to them.

They are NOT an “elite “ team. They just have an “elite” record. They are a “good” team, but, in my opinion not as good as Tenn, Baltimore or KC which the Bills already beat.

Every single team left on the Bills schedule would probably NOT have a winning record if they had the Bills opening seven games.

What that means to me is that the Bills SHOULD and MUST win games the rest of the year as they are capable of doing. They are still within the prediction I made early this year. I said they would lose at least 3 games....

One vs one of the “good teams” (as expected before the season started....LA Rams, Tenn, Baltimore, KC, Green Bay & Cincy). They beat all five that they have met so far.

One loss vs an AFC East team - Miami

One loss vs a team they should beat - Jets so far....which just happens to be in the AFC East.

And I left open the possibility of one more loss that was not expected.

So....you predicted when I made that one, that the Bills would start the season 2-5. They went 6-1.

What do you think they will do the remaining 10 games???

I’m sticking with my pre-season prediction of one or two more losses.

If they do not play up to the level that are capable and lose more games than they should....they don’t deserve to be champions. I think they will rise to the occasion.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 05:36 AM
I like our chances against Kirk Cousins.

notacon
11-07-2022, 05:46 AM
BTW....the mighty Kansas City Chiefs (who the Bills beat at their home) lost vs an Indy team that is SO BAD that they are the first team to ****can their HC.

And last night, vs Tennessee at home, against a raw rookie QB making his second start, it took OT and Mahomes running for his life to squeak by with a win

Against the same team, also at home, and against their starting QB the Bills beat the everlasting crap out of Tenn, 41-7, their worst loss in FIVE YEARS, since Oct 1, 2017. (@Houston 57-14)

Both go down as “wins” against a “team with a winning record”. But they are NOT equal in any way, shape or form.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-07-2022, 05:47 AM
BTW....the mighty Kansas City Chiefs (who the Bills beat at their home) lost vs an Indy team that is SO BAD that they are the first team to ****can their HC.

And last night, vs Tennessee at home, against a raw rookie QB making his second start, it took OT and Mahomes running for his life to squeak by with a win

Against the same team, also at home, and against their starting QB the Bills beat the everlasting crap out of Tenn, 41-7, their worst loss in FIVE YEARS, since Oct 1, 2017. (@Houston 57-14)

Both go down as “wins” against a “team with a winning record”. But they are NOT equal in any way, shape or form.
minor point
matt rhule was already fired.
so he's the second firing

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2022, 05:48 AM
The Chiefs are going to lose more games. They barely beat a team that had ZERO completions to it's WRS. ZERO.

I think the magic win number the Bills need to get to is probably 13. I think they can afford to lose 2 more games out of the next 9, if they want the #1 seed.

That being said, all eyes on the Vikings, and hopefully this loss to the Jets brings them down a peg or two, and makes them understand that they can be beaten, at any time, by any good football team.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 06:03 AM
minor point

he was excited. :cheers:

notacon
11-07-2022, 06:16 AM
minor point

Oooooops. Forgot about him. Thanks for the correction!!

OpIv37
11-07-2022, 07:00 AM
I’d rather the Bills prove themselves with a schedule that is "average-slightly above average in strength” than the cream puff schedule Minnesota has had.

Minny’s seven wins have been against teams with these records...

3-6
2-6
3-5
3-6
6-3 (against Miami’s 2nd string QB)
3-6
4-5

Their toughest game of the year vs Philly, they got their asses handed to them.

They are NOT an “elite “ team. They just have an “elite” record. They are a “good” team, but, in my opinion not as good as Tenn, Baltimore or KC which the Bills already beat.

Every single team left on the Bills schedule would probably NOT have a winning record if they had the Bills opening seven games.

What that means to me is that the Bills SHOULD and MUST win games the rest of the year as they are capable of doing. They are still within the prediction I made early this year. I said they would lose at least 3 games....

One vs one of the “good teams” (as expected before the season started....LA Rams, Tenn, Baltimore, KC, Green Bay & Cincy). They beat all five that they have met so far.

One loss vs an AFC East team - Miami

One loss vs a team they should beat - Jets so far....which just happens to be in the AFC East.

And I left open the possibility of one more loss that was not expected.

So....you predicted when I made that one, that the Bills would start the season 2-5. They went 6-1.

What do you think they will do the remaining 10 games???

I’m sticking with my pre-season prediction of one or two more losses.

If they do not play up to the level that are capable and lose more games than they should....they don’t deserve to be champions. I think they will rise to the occasion.

We will lose to Minny. They are out of sync and clearly not what everyone said they were, and it's going to be in their heads this weekend.

Split the Div 3-3 including the 0-2 start.

Lose to Cincy. I can't see them losing to the Browns, Bears or Lions, although after yesterday I'm not so sure about that.

I'm going to say 6-3 or 5-4. The division is up for grabs now.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 07:07 AM
We will lose to Minny. They are out of sync and clearly not what everyone said they were, and it's going to be in their heads this weekend.

Lose to Cincy. I can't see them losing to the Browns, Bears or Lions, although after yesterday I'm not so sure about that.

5-4 yikes that's pretty unlikely.

Can you name the 4 teams that are going to beat them?

You said Minny so who are the other 3 I guess?

notacon
11-07-2022, 08:50 AM

We will beat Minny. Especially after the Jets loss. The Bills are “out of sync” for only the last six quarters. They very much are exactly what "everyone said they were". An elite team that loses when they beat themselves.

The pressure is on MINNESOTA to prove they can beat an elite team (after their cream puff, skin of their teeth record). They won’t.

Cincy could be a loss....we’ll see. Their O-line is still for ****. And they are lost without Chase. They could easily come into the Bills game with a .500 record or maybe even a losing one mast totally out of the playoff race.

Your pessimism is shining bright when you write " I can't see them losing to the Browns, Bears or Lions, although after yesterday I'm not so sure about that.” I am very sure they will not lose those games.

The "division is up for grabs now” but not for long. The EXACT same thing was said last year when the Pats beat the Bills in Buffalo for their seventh win in a row improving to 9-4, with the Bills losing the next game to TB (while NE was on bye) dropping to 7-6 record.

I told you then that the Bills would win out...which they did...and that they would revenge their loss to NE on the road....which they did by beating NE solidly with ZERO punts.. With an even more bitter, historic ass beating of the Pats in the playoffs coming later. Which you doubted both would happen.

Yeah....too many people were saying ’what's wrong with Buffalo’ and that the ‘Pats might just make it to the SB’. and ’the AFC East division is up for grabs’ with ’the Pats are in the driver’s seat’. :rofl: Wrong!!!!

It took several games to come out of their mid-season funk last year, losing 4 out of 6 starting with JAX.

It is not going to take that long to snap out of it THIS year. It would not surprise me (or anyone else) if the Bills obliterate the (present) 7.5 spread and beat Minny by much more.

3-1 at the worst in remaining division games or 3-3. Although I expect them to go 4-0 or 4-2 for the year.

I’m going to say the Bills finish 7-2 at the worst. I think it will be more like 9-0 or 8-1.

Division race will be more or less over after Miami loses to San Fran and then Buffalo in week 15. NE will not be a factor. Jets will be pushed out for good after they lose to Buffalo in week 14. I expect that NE will beat the Jets at home in week 11 as well.

Wilson is just not ready for prime time. They can hide him only so long.

I’m sticking with a 14-3 record, 13-4 at the worst. Depending on if the last game of they year means the difference between #1 seed or not.

If credibility is based on past predictions, yours are not favored.

If I’m wrong, then the Bills don’t deserve to go to the Super Bowl or to win it (although they still might).