PDA

View Full Version : James Cook heating up

Woodman
11-01-2022, 06:25 AM
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/11/1/23434003/bills-rookies-2022-james-cook-packers-game-breakout

RB James Cook

This was so new from Cook. In the first half, he played nearly, if not all, of the Bills’ entire third touchdown drive late in the second quarter. Cook rattled off runs of 17, four, and seven yards on that drive. That, alone, was an encouraging development for the second-round pick who had not been asked to touch the ball in non-garbage time in multiple weeks. Cook later had a 41-yard reception in the second half.

Cook might be headed towards more touches with what he did on Sunday night against a very tough defense. Zack Moss continues to not touch the football. Cook only played 15 snaps on Sunday, but the way he was utilized was what stood out in a big way. Cook performed very well in limited action.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2022, 06:36 AM
I'm sticking with Singletary and Moss if I'm Beane.

I'd only be looking to upgrade WR, S, and possibly D/O line.

When does Ike come back?

Woodman
11-01-2022, 06:38 AM

When does Ike come back?

I was wondering the same thing about Ike ......

Found this:

2 months ago Boettger (Achilles) has been moved to the reserve/PUP list, Grace Heidinger of the Bills' official site reports. Said general manager Brandon Beane, "I think he's going to need some time. He had a little bit of a setback with his (injury), but he still has a chance to play this year."

Woodman
11-01-2022, 07:31 AM

When does Ike come back?

Safety seems to be the most glaring need for sure.

Bill Cody
11-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Cook is going to be a good player. Moss is not....he's not....he's not good

Woodman
11-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Cook is going to be a good player. Moss is not....he's not....he's not good

Well the team finally agreed and dumped him.

Mace
11-04-2022, 08:17 AM
Well, they just got someone to take Cook's snaps, so he'll cool down again on the pines.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Well, they just got someone to take Cook's snaps, so he'll cool down again on the pines.

Which sucks. He was playing well.

Woodman
11-04-2022, 09:55 AM
I see the acquisition a bit differently.

I see Hines as a player taking a bit of pressure off Josh, we currently seem to require Josh run the ball.

Hines allows part of that to be benched.

With Moss we got nothing of benefit .... things have just changed for the better a whole lot better and especially for 17.

Mace
11-04-2022, 10:09 AM
Which sucks. He was playing well.

I kind of thought so. It doesn't foster confidence and exp at rb when they bring someone in to take your snaps. When you think about how many people want to throw a qb right into the fire to prove his mettle, you kind of have to cringe at bringing an rb along gently because they pour out of college yearly.

Mace
11-04-2022, 10:14 AM
I see the acquisition a bit differently.

I see Hines as a player taking a bit of pressure off Josh, we currently seem to require Josh run the ball.

Hines allows part of that to be benched.

With Moss we got nothing of benefit .... things have just changed for the better a whole lot better and especially for 17.

No argument about Moss. I was a Moss booster and he was clearly going nowhere here, or maybe as a pro rb.

But Hines still isn't your 3rd and 1 guy and they'll still run Allen as the short yardage back, and they just replaced Cook's snaps with a veteran Cook.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2022, 12:04 PM
But Hines still isn't your 3rd and 1 guy and they'll still run Allen as the short yardage back, and they just replaced Cook's snaps with a veteran Cook.
Im ok with the ball being in Allen’s hands on 3rd/4th and short. Keep the ball in your best players hands.

The last buffalo fan
11-04-2022, 02:24 PM
No argument about Moss. I was a Moss booster and he was clearly going nowhere here, or maybe as a pro rb.

My guess is that they go more screen pass than run on 3rd and 1 with Hines than running Allen.

Woodman
11-04-2022, 03:03 PM
My guess is that they go more screen pass than run on 3rd and 1 with Hines than running Allen.
Looking forward to seeing how we get the ball in his (Hines) hands!

:gobills: