PDA

View Full Version : Broncos trade Bradley Chubb to Dolphins

Woodman
11-01-2022, 06:44 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/01/broncos-trade-bradley-chubb-to-dolphins-for-package-including-49ers-first-round-pick/

The package the Dolphins are giving up will be the 49ers’ 2023 first-round draft pick, the Broncos’ 2024 fourth-round pick and running back Chase Edmonds (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/236/chase-edmonds) for Chubb and the Broncos’ 2025 fifth-round pick, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. The Dolphins have the 49ers’ first-round pick next year because the 49ers traded up with them to draft Trey Lance (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/63310/trey-lance) in 2021. The Dolphins forfeited their own first-round pick for violating NFL tampering rules.

Ed
11-01-2022, 07:15 AM
They're also going to give Chubb a big contract extension. Great player, but a lot of risk and committment for a guy that's struggled with significant injuries the last few years.

sukie
11-01-2022, 07:18 AM
So no first for Miami. Big move for a Wild Card shot.

notacon
11-01-2022, 07:24 AM
Miami is desperately trying to find the solution of trying to defend against Josh Allen.

This won’t do it.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 07:45 AM
He had a great rookie year and hasn't done squat since.

Novacane
11-01-2022, 09:37 AM
Over pay.

Ingtar33
11-01-2022, 09:44 AM
They're also going to give Chubb a big contract extension. Great player, but a lot of risk and committment for a guy that's struggled with significant injuries the last few years.

he's a "good" player who has vanished for whole seasons... even this year isn't as good as his rookie year. the Broncos were done with his "will I or won't I care about this game" persona. they fleeced the dolphins for him. To tell you how through the Broncos were with him, this is the guy they willingly took over Josh Allen. They were determined to prove they were right with that choice for years. And for a guy they proudly proclamed was better then Josh Allen, all they took to trade him was basically a first round pick; admitting, no this was a mistake

as for the fins, this is just an acknowledgement they know their pass rush is trash and it's going to cost them a lot of games late in the season that they're willing to sell their first rounder for a sometimes on mostly off guy who can generate a passrush if he's in the mood.

MDFINFAN
11-01-2022, 09:46 AM
Not really guys, he's the 3rd best rusher currently and surely should help our secondary not have to guard a guy forever. We needed that. You can say you also overpaid for V. Miller who's much older. But that won't happen, will it. I hope it works out for us, but we've lost so many to injuries that I think we will limp into the final part of the season.

Ed
11-01-2022, 09:48 AM
he's a "good" player who has vanished for whole seasons... even this year isn't as good as his rookie year. the Broncos were done with his "will I or won't I care about this game" persona. they fleeced the dolphins for him. To tell you how through the Broncos were with him, this is the guy they willingly took over Josh Allen. They were determined to prove they were right with that choice for years. And for a guy they proudly proclamed was better then Josh Allen, all they took to trade him was basically a first round pick.
I would say he has the talent to be great, but yes, he hasn't come close to living up to being a top 5 pick.

sukie
11-01-2022, 09:51 AM
Not really guys, he's the 3rd best rusher currently and surely should help our secondary not have to guard a guy forever. We needed that. You can say you also overpaid for V. Miller who's much older. But that won't happen, will it. I hope it works out for us, but we've lost so many to injuries that I think we will limp into the final part of the season.

It’s a good pick up but for a ton of assets. With the AFC as it is it probably gives them a shot at a wildcard.

MDFINFAN
11-01-2022, 09:55 AM
It’s a good pick up but for a ton of assets. With the AFC as it is it probably gives them a shot at a wildcard.

Or the AFC East if the Bills get sloppy..lol...I hope it gives us a shot in the arm on D, we've lost so many players on that side, that we needed a boost

Lexwhat
11-01-2022, 10:09 AM

This is a very good move for you guys IF Chubb plays to his potential on a regular basis. As a Bills fan, I am actually glad you guys got Chubb rather than Josh Allen (I think Allen is better, as Chubb has a lot more talent around him).

I am not sure if Chubb has been playing well this year because it's his contract year, but any neutral observer can see that Chubb has been inconsistent through his career. I'm not saying that as a Bills fan - I would make that same remark about our LB Tre Edmunds.

On the other hand, the Dolphins are basically playing with house money with all the 1st Rounders they got from the 49ers via the Lance trade. They have pretty much committed to giving him a huge contract now, and it's TBD whether it will pay off in the long run. And yes, it's also TBD whether the Von Miller deal will pay off in the long run, but Von Miller also brings other intangibles (leadership) which we needed.

Bottom line: This move cements Miami as a Top 3 team in the AFC along with Buffalo and KC.

Lexwhat
11-01-2022, 10:12 AM

The Dolphins will easily make the wild card if Tua stays healthy. I wouldn't write them off as a division winner either if the Bills get sloppy and lose a few games.

Mike13
11-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Miami is desperately trying to find the solution of trying to defend against Josh Allen.

This won’t do it.

Well we stopped Allen before

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-01-2022, 11:09 AM

One out of 8 times is pretty cute….

i mean, the bills ‘stopped’ brady 3 out of 33 times too. So we were successful against him too, right?

YardRat
11-01-2022, 01:16 PM
This is a very good move for you guys IF Chubb plays to his potential on a regular basis. As a Bills fan, I am actually glad you guys got Chubb rather than Josh Allen (I think Allen is better, as Chubb has a lot more talent around him).

I am not sure if Chubb has been playing well this year because it's his contract year, but any neutral observer can see that Chubb has been inconsistent through his career. I'm not saying that as a Bills fan - I would make that same remark about our LB Tre Edmunds.

On the other hand, the Dolphins are basically playing with house money with all the 1st Rounders they got from the 49ers via the Lance trade. They have pretty much committed to giving him a huge contract now, and it's TBD whether it will pay off in the long run. And yes, it's also TBD whether the Von Miller deal will pay off in the long run, but Von Miller also brings other intangibles (leadership) which we needed.

Bottom line: This move cements Miami as a Top 3 team in the AFC along with Buffalo and KC.

It's a good pick up for Miami, not sure about the price being worth it we'll see, but Roquan Smith to the Ravens is far more likely to put Baltimore in the top three IMO.

YardRat
11-01-2022, 01:20 PM

An intentional and complete disregard for player safety is what 'stopped' Allen.

You're a piece of **** franchise and should be ashamed, football players have literally died from exertional heat stroke.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2022, 01:34 PM

When?

TacklingDummy
11-01-2022, 01:35 PM
Or the AFC East if the Bills get sloppy..lol...I hope it gives us a shot in the arm on D, we've lost so many players on that side, that we needed a boost

The Bills don't want to hear you cry about "lost so many players".

Woodman
11-01-2022, 02:12 PM
An intentional and complete disregard for player safety is what 'stopped' Allen.

You're a piece of **** franchise and should be ashamed, football players have literally died from exertional heat stroke.

The league should also be ashamed to allow what they do.

Mike13
11-01-2022, 11:22 PM

Your team has been dealing with the heat and humidity once a year for about 50 years. And you only cry because you lost. **** off

Woodman
11-02-2022, 02:39 AM
Your team has been dealing with the heat and humidity once a year for about 50 years. And you only cry because you lost. **** off

You were dominated .... which game did you see?

notacon
11-02-2022, 04:41 AM

If you are referring to the ‘sauna bowl’ in Miami......Uhhhhh.....no.

Despite all the challenges of that game.....it was Josh Allen short hopping the ball on 4th down (on an almost sure TD to go ahead).....JOSH stopped Josh, not Miami.

YardRat
11-02-2022, 12:11 PM

I couldn't care less about a W or L under those circumstances.

If we see a Korey Stringer incident in your stadium because of your ****ed up cheating your city should lose the team and somebody should go to jail.

You're a ****ing piece of **** franchise.

Night Train
11-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Chubb signs a new 5 year deal, avg. 22 Mil a year.

DraftBoy
11-03-2022, 12:14 AM

You built a mickey mouse JV stadium to intentionally put the visiting sideline in the heat without any shade. It's a chicken**** attempt to gain advantage from a chicken**** franchise.

The only thing that makes the Dolphins likeable is McDaniel, but hopefully he'll leave for a better job eventually.

Woodman
11-03-2022, 12:15 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/bradley-chubb-agrees-to-five-year-extension-with-dolphins/

Dolphins General Manager Chris Grier said on Wednesday that he expected to have (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/02/chris-grier-on-bradley-chubb-we-anticipate-getting-a-long-term-deal-done-shortly/) a contract extension with edge rusher Bradley Chubb (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/2351/bradley-chubb) finalized in the near future and Grier was not just blowing smoke.

Spending a bunch .... anything left for Tua?

sukie
11-03-2022, 08:09 AM
You built a mickey mouse JV stadium to intentionally put the visiting sideline in the heat without any shade. It's a chicken**** attempt to gain advantage from a chicken**** franchise.

The only thing that makes the Dolphins likeable is McDaniel, but hopefully he'll leave for a better job eventually.
I have no issue with the sun/shade. It’s the NFL rule that says since the Dolphins don’t employ water misting fans, the opposing team cannot use them… guessing that would be an “unfair” advantage.

Woodman
11-03-2022, 01:13 PM
I couldn't care less about a W or L under those circumstances.

If we see a Korey Stringer incident in your stadium because of your ****ed up cheating your city should lose the team and somebody should go to jail.

You're a ****ing piece of **** franchise.

Dolphins organization is the lowest of the low.

MDFINFAN
11-06-2022, 08:34 AM

I don't understand, you have the cold advantage when Miami goes there...so I don't see the problem.. it's a even thing, we have to play in the same heat and no, no one really gets use to that.. Our team isn't from Florida, these guys come from all over the country, just like the bills. I don't think all the bills player love the cold either, just like all the fins players don't like the heat.

Novacane
11-06-2022, 08:40 AM
I don't understand, you have the cold advantage when Miami goes there...so I don't see the problem.. it's a even thing, we have to play in the same heat and no, no one really gets use to that.. Our team isn't from Florida, these guys come from all over the country, just like the bills. I don't think all the bills player love the cold either, just like all the fins players don't like the heat.

It's not the same. The Dolphins put their opponents in the sun and themselves in the shade. Then they don't use the cooling equipment so the rule says their opponents can't either.

Novacane
11-06-2022, 08:42 AM
I live in FL. Being out in the sun is miserable when it's hot. You can't do it for long. In the shade the heat is tolerable.

Mike13
11-06-2022, 09:16 AM

Your team knowingly drafted a punter who took part in the gang rape of a child. Your most famous player murdered two people.

Spare me the false outrage

You're using too much logic on people who crack their heads on tables

Woodman
11-06-2022, 09:20 AM

The Dolphins players are shaded throughout the game the opponents sideline is not.

Huge ****ing difference.

Woodman
11-06-2022, 09:22 AM
I live in FL. Being out in the sun is miserable when it's hot. You can't do it for long. In the shade the heat is tolerable.

and that's the organization intentionally creating an unfair advantage.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2022, 09:36 AM

Next time they come up in the cold, we will just take their heaters away. Same thing, right?

Goobylal
11-06-2022, 09:41 AM
I don't care so much about the game being in Miami early in the season as the Bills trashed them last year. It was scheduling it there on a short week for the Bills. Total bush league move.

sukie
11-06-2022, 11:32 AM
Next time they come up in the cold, we will just take their heaters away. Same thing, right?
As long as Bills don’t use heaters.

MDFINFAN
11-08-2022, 09:25 AM

Do your players practice with the water fans or AC during the summer TC. I doubt it. We definitely don't practice with AC. Minn came to Dolphin Stadium and beat the Dolphins under the same conditions...so how's it not the same again?

Oaf
11-08-2022, 09:53 AM
It's not the same. The Dolphins put their opponents in the sun and themselves in the shade. Then they don't use the cooling equipment so the rule says their opponents can't either.
This. It's on the Bills / other teams to voice this crappy rule in the offseason.

Woodman
11-08-2022, 10:09 AM
Next time they come up in the cold, we will just take thier heaters away. Same thing, right?

We'd need protection from the cold ......

Dolphins no cover or protection of any kind.

Then it would be the same with no heaters for either side.