Thoughts?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2022, 08:01 AM
Thoughts?

Good receiver. Still not a smasher when you need 2 yards

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:03 AM
Speedy back that can break a big one!

Might just be the best back in the RB room from day 1.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 08:05 AM
Great addition. Fits the offense well.

TheConsigliere
11-01-2022, 08:06 AM
EXCELLENT MOVE!!!

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:06 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/01/bills-beat-deadline-agree-to-trade-for-nyheim-hines/

Hines has spent the last five years with the Colts and has carved out a role as a receiving threat out of the backfield. He has 235 catches for 1,725 yards and seven touchdowns as a receiver to go with 300 carries for 1,205 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.

Devin Singletary (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/51515/devin-singletary) and James Cook (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/67615/james-cook) have been the main backs in the Bills offense so far this season. Hines will begin working his way into the mix for his new team in practice this week.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Moss and a conditional 6th.

See Yah Moss!!!

Chet
11-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Trading Zack Moss and a conditional 6th rd pick.

TheConsigliere
11-01-2022, 08:09 AM
Bills traded a conditional 6th round pick and Zack Moss

ABSOLUTE STEAL!!!

Woodman
Trading Zack Moss and a conditional 6th rd pick.

:cheers: Beatcha by 10 seconds :D

BuffaloBlitz83
Speedy back that can break a big one!

Might just be the best back in the RB room from day 1.

Maybe the replacement for missing on Jd mckissic

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:10 AM
Bills traded a conditional 6th round pick and Zack Moss

ABSOLUTE STEAL!!!
The family is happy?

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:11 AM
Maybe the replacement for missing on Jd mckissic

Whatever the reason I love it!

Also Moss takes a ride out of town.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:17 AM
Just under the wire ......... :band: :band: way to go Beane!

TheConsigliere
11-01-2022, 08:17 AM
The family is happy?

Cousin Guido already order himself a Nyhiem Hines jersey.

Cousin Vito says he expect Hines to be running back punts/kicks on Sunday against the Jets.

mightysimi
11-01-2022, 08:19 AM
Seems kind of redundant with cook but I guess they would rather trust a vet. I understand and sending moss out doesn't hurt

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:20 AM
Cousin Guido already order himself a Nyhiem Hines jersey.

Cousin Vito says he expect Hines to be running back punts/kicks on Sunday against the Jets.

I've always liked this kid .... welcome aboard!

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:22 AM
Seems kind of redundant with cook but I guess they would rather trust a vet. I understand and sending moss out doesn't hurt

Hines runs much tougher between the tackles right now.

He can only be a positive for Cook going forward.

Much better backfield for damn sure.

Mace
11-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Best thing is they got rid of Moss. Hines is another wee guy with a 2.0 ypc this season and as many receiving yards as Singletary. Not making much of it, but who knows what a change of scenery can do. Will watch to see what Moss does for Indy.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2022, 08:43 AM
Was happy with Singletary and Cook.

I guess they pick up insurance in case 1 goes down. Losing Moss is no big deal.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 08:48 AM
Let's not forget!

Hines has spent the last five years with the Colts and has carved out a role as a receiving threat out of the backfield. He has 235 catches for 1,725 yards and seven touchdowns as a receiver to go with 300 carries for 1,205 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.

He's going to help improve both Singletary and Cook!

TacklingDummy
11-01-2022, 08:55 AM
Bring in OBJ and top this off.

notacon
11-01-2022, 08:58 AM
I’ve always liked Hines when watching Colts games. I remember thinking to myself “I would love to have him in a Bills uniform”.

He hits the hole with authority and has some true “homer-run” capability and is a sure handed pass catcher.

The Colts are apparently in full blown rebuilding mode and the new OC is going to be making a lot of changes.

It was obvious the Bills lost faith in Moss, as he just did not perform like he was expected to.

This makes perfect sense in relation to the RB room. The Bills always carry three RB (the 4th is special team stalwart, Jones). He is a very good upgrade to Moss.

Looking forward to see Hines provide some exciting plays and a dimension that Moss just was not capable of.

Looks like another great move by Brandon Beane.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 09:03 AM
I’ve always liked Hines when watching Colts games. I remember thinking to myself “I would love to have him in a Bills uniform”.

He hits the hole with authority and has some true “homer-run” capability and is a sure handed pass catcher.

The Colts are apparently in full blown rebuilding mode and the new OC is going to be making a lot of changes.

It was obvious the Bills lost faith in Moss, as he just did not perform like he was expected to.

This makes perfect sense in relation to the RB room. The Bills always carry three RB (the 4th is special team stalwart, Jones). He is a very good upgrade to Moss.

Looking forward to see Hines provide some exciting plays and a dimension that Moss just was not capable of.

Looks like another great move by Brandon Beane.

Always felt the same about this player! :10:

sukie
11-01-2022, 09:08 AM
Good receiver. Still not a smasher when you need 2 yards

Why don’t they try Gilliam?

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 09:10 AM
Next year's Singletary replacement?

sukie
11-01-2022, 09:12 AM
Hines Cook backfield next year

Woodman
11-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Hines Cook backfield next year

Very likely.

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Very likely.

I prefer Singletary but not if it's going to cost too much.

Prov401
11-01-2022, 09:32 AM

Me too. Singletary does a ton of dirty work for us. He fits this team so well. But like you said, the price has to be right.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 09:36 AM

And that's going to be the problem. $$$$$$$$

RB's are a ................... you know the rest.

Ingtar33
11-01-2022, 09:36 AM
Hines, gives us a punt returner, slot receiver, receiving RB, and more and more speed, ultimate gadget guy, he can do what we do with McKenzie only better so I like the trade.

this fixes the punt return questionmarks, and allows the bills to move on from Moss, who they've left inactive for 2 or 3 weeks now, who i think they're going to cut soon..

Woodman
11-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Hines, gives us a punt returner, slot receiver, receiving RB, and more and more speed, ultimate gadget guy, he can do what we do with McKenzie only better so I like the trade.

this fixes the punt return questionmarks, and allows the bills to move on from Moss, who they've left inactive for 2 or 3 weeks now, who i think they're going to cut soon..

He's definitely not a one trick pony. :cheers:

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-01-2022, 09:41 AM

Moss was part of the trade

Ingtar33
11-01-2022, 09:42 AM
Moss was part of the trade

well then it literally allows them to move on from moss.

I knew something was up with him when they healthy scratched him. Maybe he wanted more touches and was throwing a fit, maybe the team was tired of his fumbling... not sure... in the end adios.

Buffalogic
11-01-2022, 09:48 AM
The Bills are trading running back Zack Moss (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/58443/zack-moss) and a conditional sixth-round pick to the Colts.

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2022, 09:49 AM
Why don’t they try Gilliam?
Seriously, he’s an athlete and packs a wallop

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Pat Macafee is crushed. Unhappy about colts deal. Feels buffalo will utilize all Hines strengths which indy didn't do. Said billsmafia will love him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxb6HR7raM0

sukie
11-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Me too. Singletary does a ton of dirty work for us. He fits this team so well. But like you said, the price has to be right.
I think Hines upgrades speed, upgrades receiving a little bit, pretty sure he can block. He’s more of a weapon than Singletary… he’s got home run speed

Woodman
11-01-2022, 09:57 AM
Pat Macafee is crushed. Unhappy about colts deal. Feels buffalo will utilize all Hines strengths which indy didn't do. Said billsmafia will love him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxb6HR7raM0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rxb6HR7raM0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I see him the same way and exactly for the same reasons.

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 10:06 AM
I think Hines upgrades speed, upgrades receiving a little bit, pretty sure he can block. He’s more of a weapon than Singletary… he’s got home run speed

I'll take Singletary after initial contact. Neither will drive the pile but Singletary can usually beat a one on one defender for a couple of more yards.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2022, 10:13 AM
I'll take Singletary after initial contact. Neither will drive the pile but Singletary can usually beat a one on one defender for a couple of more yards.

He's not replacing him! It's a compliment. Cook is the potential replacement for Singletary

Canadian'eh!
11-01-2022, 10:22 AM
I’m gonna say Meh to this one.

2.0 yards per carry is putrid. He’s definitely more of a receiver. Does nothing for short yardage help.
Pushes Cook down the depth chart. Has similar skill set.

we didn’t get the “guy who will get you a yard” back. Was hoping for Hunt or even Jacobs.

Nothing wrong with this move, but other than an upgrade to Moss, it didn’t really address the biggest RB need

Mad Max
11-01-2022, 10:48 AM
I’m gonna say Meh to this one.

2.0 yards per carry is putrid. He’s definitely more of a receiver. Does nothing for short yardage help.
Pushes Cook down the depth chart. Has similar skill set.

we didn’t get the “guy who will get you a yard” back. Was hoping for Hunt or even Jacobs.

Nothing wrong with this move, but other than an upgrade to Moss, it didn’t really address the biggest RB need

He’s an upgrade over Moss which is at the very worst an incremental improvement. We’ll now have something from a roster spot that before we had nothing.

I hope we get a bruising back that so many of us covet next year either via free agency or the draft and I really hope the lack of that guy doesn’t hurt us too much this year.

Canadian'eh!
11-01-2022, 11:06 AM
He’s an upgrade over Moss which is at the very worst an incremental improvement. We’ll now have something from a roster spot that before we had nothing.

I hope we get a bruising back that so many of us covet next year either via free agency or the draft and I really hope the lack of that guy doesn’t hurt us too much this year.

I wouldn’t even mind Josh Jacobs if he isn’t too over priced.

He has been good this year and I think many expect him to get paid well. But, RB markets are odd. Aaron Jones didn’t get much interest at all. (Think he’s FA again too). Jacobs can’t catch, so the market might not be that strong.

sukie
11-01-2022, 11:08 AM
Ypc is a weak indicator.

Singles is a career 4.7 …FJax 4.0. Thurman 4.4… need I say more? Hines is 4.0 but had 500 more passing yards than rushing.

Oaf
11-01-2022, 11:08 AM
I just want to call Beane and ask him why he’s so opposed to a big back or hell even a all-around back.

What use do we have for *another* 5-9 scatback that can catch out of the backfield?

sukie
11-01-2022, 11:18 AM
I just want to call Beane and ask him why he’s so opposed to a big back or hell even a all-around back.

What use do we have for *another* 5-9 scatback that can catch out of the backfield?
Experienced punt returner and he has break away speed.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Beane I'm sure made other inquires .... this was the best option ..... for those younger fans that don't know about Hines and what he offers ..... I say just wait before crying about what Beane acquired.

Crisis
11-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Honestly been a fan of him since he gashed us in the WC game a few years ago. Like this a lot.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Honestly been a fan of him since he gashed us in the WC game a few years ago. Like this a lot.

You have obviously been paying attention. :cheers:

Buffalogic
11-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Makes us even better on passing downs. He's a very good receiver and can rac. Explosive player.

sukie
11-01-2022, 11:52 AM
The back runs a 4.38 40-yard dash and immediately becomes the team’s most explosive back

imbondz
11-01-2022, 11:54 AM
I’m not that excited about this pickup yet. Allen never checks it down to the RB. Don’t understand the pickup of he’s not a 2-5 YD strong back that can get those 3rd/4th and 1 yd runs. But I haven’t seen him play at all either.

Oaf
11-01-2022, 12:15 PM
The back runs a 4.38 40-yard dash and immediately becomes the team’s most explosive back

Whole lot of good that speed did Matt Breida last year. He sucked. Why exactly spend a 2nd on cook if he's not explosive?

sahlensguy
11-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Whole lot of good that speed did Matt Breida last year. He sucked. Why exactly spend a 2nd on cook if he's not explosive?

In McBeane I trust. They surely have a plan with Hines. We're on a run this season. Perhaps they didn't feel comfortable with Cook's lack of experience. Hines does seem to run good routes...

Woodman
11-01-2022, 12:24 PM

You draft with high hopes they're all prospects ........ you trade for proven production ..... Cook will get there he's just not there yet.

notacon
11-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Best thing is they got rid of Moss. Hines is another wee guy with a 2.0 ypc this season and as many receiving yards as Singletary. Not making much of it, but who knows what a change of scenery can do. Will watch to see what Moss does for Indy.

Cherry picking the 2022 season (2.0 ypc) is unfair. Indy’s offense sucks and it’s not Hines fault that he was seldom used. The Indy O-line is for **** this year too.

For his career, Hines is a 4.0 ypc RB.

But his real value is in pass catching. That is why the Bills tried to sign McKissic.

ESPN reports this interesting stat (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34926434/sources-afc-best-bills-trade-colts-rb-nyheim-hines)...

Since Hines, 25, entered the NFL in 2018, he ranks fifth among running backs in receiving yards (1,725). This season the fourth-round pick out of NC State has 25 receptions for 188 yards on a struggling Colts offense that saw quarterback Matt Ryan (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/11237/matt-ryan) benched for Sam Ehlinger (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4241820/sam-ehlinger).

Additionally he has a lot of experience as a punt returner.

Hines is a very versatile back that brings excellent pass receiving skills along with his ability to run between the tackles.

Cook is too inexperienced to rely on for a Supreme Bowl run. Hines should prove to be an extremely valuable addition to a team whose offense is on a whole different level than Indy’s sad sack, terrible offense where Johnathan Taylor is mired in their mud.

Mad Max
11-01-2022, 12:46 PM
I wouldn’t even mind Josh Jacobs if he isn’t too over priced.

He has been good this year and I think many expect him to get paid well. But, RB markets are odd. Aaron Jones didn’t get much interest at all. (Think he’s FA again too). Jacobs can’t catch, so the market might not be that strong.

Josh Jacobs is on my wish list (it’s irrelevant if he can or can’t catch we got plenty of other guys that can), there should be some great options in the draft as well I really like Zack Charbonnet (I’d scoop him in the 3rd) or Chris Rodriguez (4th). If by some miracle Bijan Robinson is still there at the last pick of the 1st round I grab him in 2 seconds.

YardRat
11-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Hey, whatever. If he becomes another weapon to use, good for us. He's already proven he's much better and more versatile than Moss so that's worth a late Day 3 pick. I don't know why Beane has a penchant for loading up on guys at a position with similar skill sets, but it's working so far...at least in the regular season. Will be interesting to see how many regular offensive touches he gets, and if he spells Shakir and McKenzie on returns.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Josh Jacobs is on my wish list (it’s irrelevant if he can or can’t catch we got plenty of other guys that can), there should be some great options in the draft as well I really like Zack Charbonnet (I’d scoop him in the 3rd) or Chris Rodriguez (4th). If by some miracle Bijan Robinson is still there at the last pick of the 1st round I grab him in 2 seconds.
Who would you compare any of those you mentioned currently in the NFL?

Any Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb types?

Mad Max
11-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Who would you compare any of those you mentioned currently in the NFL?

Any Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb types?

Derrick Henry is an absolute anomaly. Like once in a gen 6-3 around 250.

Size wise Charbonnet is my prototype 6-1 220ish Rodriguez listed at 5-11 220ish. You see a pattern in my personal prototype. Both get can and do get plenty of tough yards up the middle and can break tackles. Can’t teach size.

I don’t see why Charbonnet can’t be as good as Chubb and Rodriguez a very good back if not quite as good as Chubb.

Woodman
11-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Derrick Henry is an absolute anomaly. Like once in a gen 6-3 around 250.

Size wise Charbonnet is my prototype 6-1 220ish Rodriguez listed at 5-11 220ish. You see a pattern in my personal prototype. Both get can and do get plenty of tough yards up the middle and can break tackles. Can’t teach size.

I don’t see why Charbonnet can’t be as good as Chubb and Rodriguez a very good back if not quite as good as Chubb.

Appreciate it and yes I do see a pattern. :cheers:

TigerJ
11-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Seems kind of redundant with cook but I guess they would rather trust a vet. I understand and sending moss out doesn't hurtYeah, that's kind of my thought. Maybe Dorsey will have both of them on the field at the same time, and let defenses try and figure out where and how they'll be used. I can imagine a fair amount of pre-snap shifting.

Night Train
11-01-2022, 10:21 PM
He has something like 1800 yards receiving the last 4 years. Top return guy. Not much of a mystery to what he'll be doing.

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Guys. He's not replacing Singletary. He's going to be the slot WR a lot. He will be the return guy. He's basically replacing McKenzie.

Night Train
11-02-2022, 01:35 AM
Guys. He's not replacing Singletary. He's going to be the slot WR a lot. He will be the return guy. He's basically replacing McKenzie.

Singletary is 1 RB in a planned 2 RB rotation. He is doing his part.

Moss was supposed to be the other RB. He failed.

Cook comes in looking like he weighs 150 lbs, in desperate need of a sandwich and some courage. Needs another off-season.

Hines is a pass catching speed RB who can also be the return man on Special teams. He can actally see snaps, which the Bills could no longer see in Moss and are hesitant to give Cook.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2022, 01:37 AM
Singletary is 1 RB in a planned 2 RB rotation. He is doing his part.

Moss was supposed to be the other RB. He failed.

Cook comes in looking like he weighs 150 lbs, in desperate need of a sandwich and some courage. Needs another off-season.

Hines is a pass catching speed RB who can also be the return man on Special teams. He can actally see snaps, which the Bills could no longer see in Moss and are hesitant to give Cook.

I'm excited to see what Hines does. In the open field, he's very, very good.

Bill Cody
11-02-2022, 01:50 AM
Once you give Hines the ball in space it's hard for the defense to ketchup

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-02-2022, 02:30 AM

Groan…

Mad Max
11-02-2022, 02:35 AM

Let’s hope he cuts the mustard.

sukie
11-02-2022, 02:36 AM

Rim shot

kgun12
11-02-2022, 02:38 AM

Well played, I like it!

Woodman
11-02-2022, 02:59 AM
Let’s hope he cuts the mustard.

I'm gonna need more cowbell and onions.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2022, 04:37 AM
What was the reason that Indy wants to get rid of Hines? For a 6th round pick? For Moss?

Buffalogic
11-02-2022, 04:41 AM
Anything to get mckenzie off the field, I am for.

notacon
11-02-2022, 04:57 AM

That is true ("He's not replacing Singletary”) for this season. I suspect that Hines will replace Singletary next season as he probably won’t be extended.

It remains to be seen how much slot receiver he plays. I suspect very little.....I doubt that he comes close to "replacing McKenzie” as slot receiver. It does not make any sense.

Time will tell.

I think that Hines will be used out of the backfield both as a runner and running pass routes. It would not make sense to NOT have Diggs, Davis and McKenzie on the field with Hines a huge threat.

The Bills have been looking for this kind of RB threat for quite some time.

Bill Cody
11-02-2022, 05:12 AM
That is true ("He's not replacing Singletary”) for this season. I suspect that Hines will replace Singletary next season as he probably won’t be extended.

It remains to be seen how much slot receiver he plays. I suspect very little.....I doubt that he comes close to "replacing McKenzie” as slot receiver. It does not make any sense.

Time will tell.

I think that Hines will be used out of the backfield both as a runner and running pass routes. It would not make sense to NOT have Diggs, Davis and McKenzie on the field with Hines a huge threat.

The Bills have been looking for this kind of RB threat for quite some time.

Agree with all this. And in addition it's almost a cold lock we will still be drafting another back in next years draft, probably a big guy

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2022, 05:32 AM
Sounds like they had eye on him for awhile. But it sounds a lot like McKenzie's role, just a little more skillset: Hines can play RB, reasonably well. Now I haven't seen Hines play WR that much. But Beane said he can play slot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills GM Brandon Beane on new RB Nyheim Hines, said they checked on him multiple times, even before they tried to sign J.D. McKissic.<br><br>He&#39;s more of a guy that&#39;s a weapon with the ball in his hands. Mentions punt return, jet sweeps, wildcat.</p>&mdash; Joe Buscaglia (@JoeBuscaglia) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/1587830423903735809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notacon
11-02-2022, 05:53 AM
Agree with all this. And in addition it's almost a cold lock we will still be drafting another back in next years draft, probably a big guy

BTW....I am not discounting that Hines will sometimes line up in the slot. Diggs has increased his snap percentage (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/position-grades-packs-plan-for-stefon-diggs-shows-challenge-bills-foes-face/article_fa7e9b9e-5a17-11ed-929a-df1a558a1294.html) in the slot from 21.5% last year to 34% this year.

Against Green Bay, Diggs “caught three passes for 66 yards out of the slot. He had three catches for 44 yards and a touchdown while playing out wide”

The strategy is to move the weapons around to keep defenses guessing. And Hines is more versatile than any of the RB’s they have had for several years.

His speed and experience is a perfect fit for the Bills on a Super Bowl run and going forward. I suspect he will be the #1 RB for 2023.

notacon
11-02-2022, 06:14 AM
So...it seems like Beane has had his eye on Hines for almost TWO YEARS.

Bills GM Brandon Beane addresses trades, Zack Moss, Tre'Davious White's recovery, OBJ (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-gm-brandon-beane-addresses-trades-zack-moss-tredavious-whites-recovery-obj/article_ad55de5a-5ac5-11ed-af97-d72bb482410e.html)

Beane said he spoke with the Colts on Monday night about Hines, but talks resumed around 3 p.m., in the final hour before the deadline. Beane said he was aware that Hines was looking for a fresh start.

On Hines: "We checked in on him during the Covid offseason and again last offseason before we tried to sign (J.D.) McKissic. He’s a guy we liked through the draft process. We saw him up close a few times. He made some big plays in the playoff games against us. He’s a weapon with the ball in his hands, kick returner, punt returner, plays receiver, he runs the jet sweeps, he runs the wildcat. ... When you can add a guy with his ability as a punt returner, we thought it made too much sense."

Beane noted Hines' addition should help rookie Khalil Shakir to focus more on offense, rather than trying to learn roles on special teams and offense.

More....

Can’t wait to see Hines on the field.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-02-2022, 07:00 AM
FWIW, I live in the middle of Colts country and all I’ve spoken to are super bummed about the trade. They love this guy and insist we will fall in love with him too.

i happily told them the garbage we gave them in return. Made them sadder

Bill Cody
11-02-2022, 07:06 AM
FWIW, I live in the middle of Colts country and all I’ve spoken to are super bummed about the trade. They love this guy and insist we will fall in love with him too.

i happily told them the garbage we gave them in return. Made them sadder

The Colts are in tank mode

Cntrygal
11-02-2022, 08:23 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Bills RB Nyheim Hines was with the team at practice, but he’s not able to be an active participant until Zack Moss passes his physical with the Colts, and the trade becomes officially official…. <a href="https://t.co/CSnLxL5uLm">pic.twitter.com/CSnLxL5uLm</a></p>&mdash; Sal Capaccio �� (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1587855867185360897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cntrygal
11-02-2022, 08:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On one play during practice today that went to Nyheim Hines, Josh Allen turned to Stefon Diggs and said “holy crap, he’s fast.” Hines making plays already.</p>&mdash; Matt Parrino (@MattParrino) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1587874082787364864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cntrygal
11-02-2022, 08:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We’re live with RB Nyheim Hines after practice at One Bills Drive!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BUFvsNYJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BUFvsNYJ</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BillsMafia?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BillsMafia</a> <a href="https://t.co/hSoD5KyfOd">https://t.co/hSoD5KyfOd</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1587881139263262720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
11-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Love this guy .... so damn happy he's a Buffalo Bill.

Night Train
11-02-2022, 11:56 PM
Hines has 300 carries for 1,205 yards (10 touchdowns), 235 catches for 1,725 yards (seven touchdowns) and an 11.8-yard average on 73 punt returns (two touchdowns).

4.38 40 time

Woodman
11-03-2022, 12:01 AM
Hines has 300 carries for 1,205 yards (10 touchdowns), 235 catches for 1,725 yards (seven touchdowns) and an 11.8-yard average on 73 punt returns (two touchdowns).

4.38 40 time

Did we just upgrade our RB room you bet we did ..... did we just upgrade our return game you bet we did ..... did we just upgrade our slot receiver spot you bet we did.

Woodman
11-03-2022, 12:12 AM
Josh Allen on Nyheim Hines: “Holy crap, this guy is fast”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/03/josh-allen-on-nyheim-hines-holy-crap-this-guy-is-fast/

It didn’t take Bills running back Nyheim Hines (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/8321/nyheim-hines) long to impress his new teammates.
Hines practiced with the Bills for the first time yesterday after arriving in a trade with the Colts, and Bills quarterback Josh Allen said he and wide receiver Stefon Diggs (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/9728/stefon-diggs) were both immediately taken aback by Hines’ speed.

“One play, me and Stef looked at each other like, ‘Holy crap, this guy is fast,'” Allen said. “He’s smart, he’s already learning some of the plays and our system is not easy to learn. There’s still a lot of work there, but as far as what he can give this offense, it’s fun to have a piece like that.”

ghz in pittsburgh
11-03-2022, 01:00 AM
did we just upgrade our slot receiver spot you bet we did.

I'm not sure about that statement. He CAN play slot does not equal he is good at it.

The best I've seen a slot in Bills uniform is still Beasley. For 2 years, on 3rd downs, when people are busy clamping down or John Brown or Diggs, Beasley found a spot for Allen to throw to. His ability finding the gap in zone is like Kelce; and his short area quickness and chemistry with Allen making man coverage difficult to correctly thrown balls.

John Doe
11-03-2022, 08:12 AM

I relish the thought of him suiting up for the Bills.

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2022, 08:15 AM
I relish the thought of him suiting up for the Bills.
He will put defenses in quite the pickle

Woodman
11-03-2022, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure about that statement. He CAN play slot does not equal he is good at it.

The best I've seen a slot in Bills uniform is still Beasley. For 2 years, on 3rd downs, when people are busy clamping down or John Brown or Diggs, Beasley found a spot for Allen to throw to. His ability finding the gap in zone is like Kelce; and his short area quickness and chemistry with Allen making man coverage difficult to correctly thrown balls.

He's an exceptional route runner with good hands ..... to me that equals good at it.

Allen is gonna love him.

sukie
11-03-2022, 08:42 AM

Lettuce be so lucky.

Cntrygal
11-03-2022, 08:45 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Quite the first impression. ��*♂️��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoBills</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BillsMafia?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BillsMafia</a> <a href="https://t.co/cSrbdHhl7L">pic.twitter.com/cSrbdHhl7L</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1588179985050787840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bill Cody
11-03-2022, 09:28 AM

they're going to have to think outside the bun

Mace
11-03-2022, 10:30 AM
The Colts are in tank mode

Dunno they're in tank mode, they just weren't using him. I don't really get what Indy is doing.

We can't forget the other Hines. Bills dun can bake their cake and eat it too.

Woodman
11-03-2022, 10:36 AM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 801px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOlsibGlua3RyLmVlIiwidHIuZWUiLCJ0ZXJyYS5jb20uYnIiLCJ3d3cubGlua3RyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRlcnJhLmNvbS5iciJdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdGltZWxpbmVfMTIwMzQiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidHJlYXRtZW50IiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2JhY2tlbmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3JlZnNyY19zZXNzaW9uIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19jaGluX3BpbGxzXzE0NzQxIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6ImNvbG9yX2ljb25zIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0 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 9LCJ0Zndfc2hvd19ibHVlX3ZlcmlmaWVkX2JhZGdlIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9mZiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1588179985050787840&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F261545-Bills-get-Nyhiem-Hines%2Fpage5&sessionId=a2bf65319b90706e2733c5b9957181cb5c6b3666&theme=light&widgetsVersion=a3525f077c700%3A1667415560940&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1588179985050787840"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I predict Josh is gonna love him. :gobills:<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.644279d1635fd969e87af94a98bd232b.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Gibby 2.0
11-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Pros:
Fast, good pass catcher out of the backfield, gives defenses a new wrinkle to account for, if he and Josh can get some rhythm going the offense is even more explosive than it already was

Cons:
He's not the bruiser this team needs at back. Oh how I wish they'd get a King Henry, McCoy, Gore, Lynch, OJ, Cookie type back who would punish you on the ground. He wouldn't need to be fed the ball every play, but 10 to 15 carries a game to just tire defenses and take over the game in the second half.

TheConsigliere
11-03-2022, 07:05 PM

Beasley could get open and had great hands.

He also went to the ground immediately to avoid being hit and could be tackled by candy floss.

Hines is a GAME CHANGER who has the speed and courage to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

Who is Beasley playing for this year?

TheConsigliere
11-03-2022, 07:06 PM

I am tryin' to Ketchup...what happened?

TheConsigliere
11-03-2022, 07:08 PM
they're going to have to think outside the bun

Stale

ghz in pittsburgh
11-04-2022, 01:56 AM

He also went to the ground immediately to avoid being hit and could be tackled by candy floss.

Hines is a GAME CHANGER who has the speed and courage to take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

Who is Beasley playing for this year?

Maybe you have different standards for a WR. In my book, "getting open" is #1 for a WR!!!

Beasley is retired. My admiration for what Beasley has done in Bills uniform does not equate to wanting him back. I said he did for 2 years in Buffalo. He stayed in bills uniform for 3 years. Clearly time has passed him by.

The statement of Hines is a GAME CHANGER is simply over zealous as a Bills fan. There is no game changer to be had for a 6th round pick trade in NFL. Game changer is someone like Diggs where you really have to pay in terms of draft picks to get. Hines played WR as a freshman at NC State. Didn't have success. Switched to RB the next 2 years and found success as a Junior. That's how he's drafted as well.

Versatility is his strength. But his primary role will be RB. I do see some of Singletary/Moss runs into open space may resulting him taking into the house if Hines were the one carrying the ball. Generally speaking, I expect Dorsey to utilize him for attacking the underneath more if teams are keying on cover 2 while having a guy spying on Josh.

Bill Cody
11-04-2022, 02:13 AM

But could you really trust him to wash them?

Sorry he's retired I shouldn't be taking shots at him

Bill Cody
11-04-2022, 02:17 AM
Pros:
Fast, good pass catcher out of the backfield, gives defenses a new wrinkle to account for, if he and Josh can get some rhythm going the offense is even more explosive than it already was

Cons:
He's not the bruiser this team needs at back. Oh how I wish they'd get a King Henry, McCoy, Gore, Lynch, OJ, Cookie type back who would punish you on the ground. He wouldn't need to be fed the ball every play, but 10 to 15 carries a game to just tire defenses and take over the game in the second half.

Singletary is still going to get most of the carries. I see Hines as mostly a 3rd down threat running and receiving. Singletary is gone after this year and he will be replaced by a bigger back from the draft.

Woodman
11-04-2022, 06:50 AM
Nyheim Hines likely to return punts for Bills Sunday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/04/nyheim-hines-likely-to-return-punts-for-bills-sunday/

The Bills hope running back Nyheim Hines (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/8321/nyheim-hines) becomes an impact player in their offense, but he may make a more immediate impact on special teams.

Buffalo could use a punt returner, and Hines will likely get the job. Jamison Crowder (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/12701/jamison-crowder) started the season as a punt returner but is now out with an ankle injury, and rookie Khalil Shakir (https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/67623/khalil-shakir), who took over after Crowder’s injury, hasn’t made any big plays.

Mace
11-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Pros:

Cons:

Well that's the thing. You don't even need a marquee bruiser, you just need a guy who gain gain 1 or 2 yards. Those runs up the middle for a few yards need a punisher to wear them down if you're only going to get a couple yards anyway. Softens them up for the fast guys.

Throw your bruiser in there and they groan, expecting a run up the gut, and it also opens up your fast passing game and tires them further.

This back doesn't even have to be 225-230 lbs. Singletary is our biggest back, and he's listed around 203. It's not a stretch to find a 210-215 lb guy with some muscle. Plop him in front of a juggs machine to catch too, and you have a legitimate change of pace back.

Even if Hines does great, there's still that lack.

Chet
11-04-2022, 06:52 PM
Stale
nah, I Relished the pun

YardRat
11-04-2022, 10:28 PM
Still waiting for someone to display real skillz and use sauerkraut...

Night Train
11-05-2022, 01:21 AM
Sundays game looks warm and not Chili.

sukie
11-05-2022, 04:25 AM
Combined yards prediction

Singles… 78

Hines… 57

TheConsigliere
11-05-2022, 06:35 AM
Combined yards prediction

Singles… 78

Hines… 57

Counting return yards?

Nooooooooo way.

Try..

Singles = 65 total yards

Hines = 105 total yards

sukie
11-05-2022, 09:05 AM
Counting return yards?

Nooooooooo way.

Try..

Singles = 65 total yards

Hines = 105 total yards
You did get what I did there… Hines 57?

TheConsigliere
11-05-2022, 12:24 PM
You did get what I did there… Hines 57?

I could NOT muster(d) another comment.

kgun12
11-06-2022, 01:43 AM
As long as he doesn’t turn out to be a hotdog.

Woodman
11-06-2022, 01:00 AM
As long as he doesn’t turn out to be a hotdog.

or a wiener.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2022, 08:12 AM
Hines isn't any better than Moss on offense but he does contribute on special teams.

I saw all week people talking him up about how much of a weapon he'll be on offense and how much of an upgrade he is....

Yeah, don't expect any of that to happen.

Expect an average RB who can contribute on special teams.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-06-2022, 08:14 AM
Hines isn't any better than Moss on offense but he does contribute on special teams.

I saw all week people talking him up about how much of a weapon he'll be on offense and how much of an upgrade he is....

i dunno
time will tell
but my colts fan friends (as I live here) are enamored with the guy.

to say he won’t do better than moss I find hard to believe

TheConsigliere
11-06-2022, 08:37 PM
i dunno
time will tell
but my colts fan friends (as I live here) are enamored with the guy.

to say he won’t do better than moss I find hard to believe

AGREED

Ode to the Pink One...

There is a sourpuss named Mr. Pink
His negative views of the Bills stink
The glass always half empty
When the positives are aplenty
Most of us think he is just a DINK

sukie
11-07-2022, 12:04 AM

Is he faster than Zach Moss?
is he an established receiving RB?
is he an experienced Pr/Kr?

I answer Yes to the above so to me it’s an upgrade over “collecting” Moss.

Woodman
11-07-2022, 02:35 AM

He's much better than Moss could ever hope to be and not just on special teams.

sahlensguy
11-07-2022, 02:47 AM
Hines is a moneyball type of move. He's an upgrade all the way around from Moss, but still doesn't move the needle much. You need a lot of these types of moves for an overall great team but on its own, this move at the the deadline was kind of meh.

sukie
11-07-2022, 03:49 AM
Hines is a moneyball type of move. He's an upgrade all the way around from Moss, but still doesn't move the needle much. You need a lot of these types of moves for an overall great team but on its own, this move at the the deadline was kind of meh.
I dunno, I get anxiety seeing McK back receiving kicks and now I don’t. Call it a Sukie feel good pickup.

sahlensguy
11-07-2022, 03:54 AM
I dunno, I get anxiety seeing McK back receiving kicks and now I don’t. Call it a Sukie feel good pickup.

It moves your needle?

kgun12
11-07-2022, 04:28 AM
It moves your needle?

Hey, hey, simma don na, lol!

Woodman
11-07-2022, 05:10 AM
Hey, hey, simma don na, lol!

:roflmao: We must all just simma don na!!!!