Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Just curious if I'm in the minority wanting to see more from the TE position. He's improved his hands and consistency, yes, but I don't see contested or game-breaking plays from him.

Kittle, Kelce, Waller, Njoku, Andrews, Giesecki, Goedert, Ertz, and Friermuth are all guys I'd take over Knox today. Ertz a bit frustrating as we could've had him for peanuts last year.

We also just resigned him to a big contract - will it cost us resigning another starter?

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

He has been disappointing catching the ball this year. They all have besides Diggs.

Could be the injuries have played a part in Knox and Davis production.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

You forgot Pitts and Dalton Schultz, but yeah.

He's paid appropriately for his contribution, which is top 15 territory, and he fits well on this offense. He's becoming a better blocker, though.

If we were lacking a possession game, I would be more concerned.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

The guy lost his brother. And he's been dealing with injuries.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

He's recovering from an emotional loss of his baby brother. He had a big year last year. I'm sure it's impacted him mentally

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Beastly catches in KC… no issue

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

He’s become one of the best blocking TEs in the game.

What a dumb thread

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

What a dumb thread
                Pass blocking or run blocking? Wouldn't the Bills run game be better?

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

What a dumb thread
                  I posted this in another “dumb thread” and it’s appropriate to repeat here....

This thread is soooooo Buffalo Bills hand wringing.

In The Guardian, a British news source, Jonathan Lieu pondered the pessimism of those who root for the Arsenal soccer team....and it is a perfect illustration of what goes in Bills Country....even after a win that was never in doubt. I have quoted the author, but changed the references to Bills fans....

''
                  It is the eternal gift of Bills fans to be able to identify the potential anxiety in virtually any situation, however favorable or triumphant. Pleasure is simply misery deferred. Most people look for crumbs of comfort; Bills fans look for crumbs of concern, scan the fixture list for oncoming hazards, scan every horizon for grey clouds. And so, even a routine and rampant 27-17 victory comes with its own quantum of unease."

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    Pass blocking or run blocking? Wouldn't the Bills run game be better?
                    Below is the list of teams that have rushed for 100 yards or more in every game this season

Buffalo Bills

end of list
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                      Below is the list of teams that have rushed for 100 yards or more in every game this season

Buffalo Bills

end of list
                      Yeah I seen that. Was kind of shocked.

How many 100 yard games does Singletary have?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Yet we struggle on 3rd and short. I think that's likely a scheme thing.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                          Yeah I seen that. Was kind of shocked.

How many 100 yard games does Singletary have?
                          Zero. And that's easy to find. How did you find the only team with 100 yards rushing thing?

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'm good with Knox, his more productive receiving games are coming and he's turned into a good blocker. He has more receptions (17 vs 16) on far fewer targets (23 vs 33) than Gabe Davis and I don't see anybody wanting more out of WR#2. Diggs really is the only one getting consistent contribution and that's because Dorsey is focusing more on moving Stefon around to get the ball in his hands. I also saw a stat somewhere where Allen's attempts to RBs was like 13% in '20, 15% in '21, and over 20% this year so that's taking targets away from the TE too.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Zero. And that's easy to find. How did you find the only team with 100 yards rushing thing?
                              I knew that Singletary had 0. Motor has 323 yards and Allen has 306, team total 860.

I seen that Stat. either on a Facebook post, Twitter post, or someone said it during a game. Don't remember which one. Would have never guessed.
                              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-05-2022, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X