McDermott : Bills need to be less one dimensional.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

McDermott : Bills need to be less one dimensional.

"It can't be a one-man show. I don't think it's a one-man show. but there definitely needs to be more consistency from the other positions and putting them in position, as well," said McDermott following Sunday's loss. "That starts with me. We need to put them in a position to be successful."

The Buffalo Bills suffered a tough 20-17 loss to the New York Jets on Sunday afternoon. This is Buffalo’s second loss of the season dropping them to 6-2 on the year.

Ok.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: McDermott : Bills need to be less one dimensional.

It can't be but....it is

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

What would the game plan look like if Case Keenum was QB? Would Motor be getting 8 carries like he did yesterday? Would they have some lower stress throws? Of course. So use that game plan and take some heat off Josh, the OL, the receivers, the coaches....

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Why did you abandon the run then?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Davis has been put in position many times. He's failed miserably at crucial times.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

We’re getting nothing out of the slot position. Davis has been a dog the last two weeks, but slot is almost non existent, same with TE. Some of that is due to moving Diggs around and making him the slot guy, motioning him open against lbers, but outside of Shakir against the Steelers we haven’t had any production from slot. That’s a big change from previous seasons and I’m not sure if it’s by design. We always complain about them abandoning the run, so I’m not going to touch that, we all know they hate running.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

That means he is not pleased with Dorsey’s play calling and the Bills will stick with the run this week more than in the past.

It will help if Spencer Brown is back on the field. Quessenberry has shown why he is not starting caliber.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                What would the game plan look like if Case Keenum was QB? Would Motor be getting 8 carries like he did yesterday? Would they have some lower stress throws? Of course. So use that game plan and take some heat off Josh, the OL, the receivers, the coaches....
                Wouldn’t be launching 30 yard bombs on 3rd and 9.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Maybe Dorsey will actually have to make a game plan.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Let's hope we never find out.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Well McD didn't completely throw them all under the bus this time...so there's that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                        Maybe Dorsey will actually have to make a game plan.
                        I don’t think the issue is on Dorsey for this one. He’s calling a wide variety of passing concepts, though I wish he would stick with the run a little more. Josh appears to be locking on to guys right now, and he both knows better and is better than that.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

It can't be but....it is
                          It was for the Jet game. I wonder how much of this is Ken Dorsey.

They need to dump Quessenbery and get Spencer Brown back. Quessenbery isn't good.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I don’t think the issue is on Dorsey for this one. He’s calling a wide variety of passing concepts, though I wish he would stick with the run a little more. Josh appears to be locking on to guys right now, and he both knows better and is better than that.
                          He abandons the run every time the RBs prove to suck. Which is almost every game.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            That means he is not pleased with Dorsey’s play calling and the Bills will stick with the run this week more than in the past.

It will help if Spencer Brown is back on the field. Quessenberry has shown why he is not starting caliber.
                            McDermott is a manager HC, it's not like he doesn't tell Dorsey what to do, oblivious to what's going on. Brown is clearly fragile and not an answer, and the staff can see better than I do. Bates should have stayed at LG where they were successful at the end of last year, they should have picked up an RG or stuck Saffold there, and they should have figured they might have injury issues with Brown if they were focused on championship past "Yay, go !!!"

The HC directs the game plan.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              McDermott is a manager HC, it's not like he doesn't tell Dorsey what to do, oblivious to what's going on. Brown is clearly fragile and not an answer, and the staff can see better than I do. Bates should have stayed at LG where they were successful at the end of last year, they should have picked up an RG or stuck Saffold there, and they should have figured they might have injury issues with Brown if they were focused on championship past "Yay, go !!!"

The HC directs the game plan.
                              This OL always feels like square pegs in round holes to me.
                              Bates cruising at left guard, let’s switch him to the right??? Let’s get another Panthers reject for LG, Spencer is fragile and not sure how good he is when not broken (he’s got the prototype body…I REALLY wanted him to be the answer). I like Dion but have always felt he would dominate at guard. Morse is ok but one dimensional. Plenty of room for improvement on this unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X