PDA

View Full Version : Frank Reich: Obviously, my desire is to be a head coach again

Woodman
11-08-2022, 12:21 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/08/frank-reich-obviously-my-desire-is-to-be-a-head-coach-again/

Reich told Mike Chappell of Fox 59 that, in the short term, he and his wife, Linda, are driving to North Carolina to visit children and grandchildren, and taking time to decompress. After that, Reich hopes to find the next coaching job.

“I think you keep all your options open (https://fox59.com/sports/colts/frank-reich-i-gave-my-heart-and-soul-to-the-job/),’’ Reich told Chappell. “Obviously my desire is to be a head coach. I love the game. I love everything about the game, so you keep all of your options open.’’

Reich, 60, leaves Indianapolis with a 41-35-1 record that includes a 1-2 mark in two playoff appearances. He regrets his Colts failed to win the AFC South and never seriously challenged for a Super Bowl title.

I'd love him as a QB coach for Josh .... doubt that could ever happen but I can dream.

OpIv37
11-09-2022, 01:21 AM
Sucks that he got fired but it's understandable with their record. It's hard to see any coach or team being successful with all the QB turnover they've had.

I don't think he'll get another HC job right away. He'll probably get hired on as an OC somewhere and have to prove himself again for a couple of years.

Woodman
11-09-2022, 02:51 AM
He eventually will get another shot at the prize JMO.

OpIv37
11-09-2022, 02:58 AM
He eventually will get another shot at the prize JMO.

Eventually. There are far worse HC's who keep getting chances.

But, I think he'll have to go somewhere with a consistent QB situation to prove himself as OC before he gets another HC shot.

Woodman
11-09-2022, 03:15 AM
Eventually. There are far worse HC's who keep getting chances.

But, I think he'll have to go somewhere with a consistent QB situation to prove himself as OC before he gets another HC shot.

I would pay him a ton (break the bank) $$$$$$ to mentor Josh and be our QB coach our very well compensated QB coach.

But that's just me.

I want his character in our locker room.

kgun12
11-09-2022, 01:52 PM
I would pay him a ton (break the bank) $$$$$$ to mentor Josh and be our QB coach our very well compensated QB coach.

But that's just me.

I want his character in our locker room.

I would love to find a way to bring him to Buffalo in some capacity. I would love to see Josh running a modern day Kgun!

Woodman
11-09-2022, 03:07 PM
I would love to find a way to bring him to Buffalo in some capacity. I would love to see Josh running a modern day Kgun!

Kgun baby!!

Let's go!

swiper
11-09-2022, 10:38 PM
I'm surprised the Colts didn't put John Fox in his place. Saturday may be a fan favorite, but he'd better produce and he's got no QB.

Woodman
11-09-2022, 11:48 PM
I'm surprised the Colts didn't put John Fox in his place. Saturday may be a fan favorite, but he'd better produce and he's got no QB.
That last part would kill anybody ..... no QB ..... shocked if he lasts any length of time.

Albany,n.y.
11-11-2022, 04:54 PM
He'll be 61 in December. I doubt he'll get another head coaching job.