PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing people praise the Chiefs because they had the hardest schedule ever

Cali512
11-09-2022, 12:40 PM
Midway through the season, its one of the easiest schedules in the nfl. They barely beat tennessee with a backup QB. Buffalo destroyed tennessee who had a starting QB playing. Same record, bills beat KC, Bills opponents record 37-31KCs opponents record 32-34So yes, based on last year, KC had the "hardest schedule in nfl history". But that has absolutely no baring on the next seasonThe Bills have beaten every number one seed in the nflBased on standings this is what Kc has doneBeaten the 5th worst team by 1Beaten the 8th best team by 23Lost to the 14th worst team by 3The bills lost to 2 teams in the top 10, and destroyed the 11th teambills have a points vs opponent of 217-118KCs points vs opponent 243-184Just the facts

Woodman
11-09-2022, 12:47 PM
The Titans might as well have played them without a QB.

notacon
11-10-2022, 06:17 AM
I have no idea where you are “hearing people praise the Chiefs because they had the hardest schedule ever”.

I have not heard that at all, and I consume quite a bit of sports media. Looks like a straw-man statement.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, except promoting your obsession with trying to denigrate the Chiefs (BTW, in 2021 KC had the hardest SOS at .538 and the #3 hardest SOV with .517. #1 in SOV for 2021 was Detroit with a .627 SOV for their three measly wins and Jax had .569 for their three wins.), but, here are the facts so far in 2022.....

ESPN’s “playoff standings” (https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff) provides the SOS and SOV for each team.

KC is in the middle of the NFL with a SOS of .485. Ranked #16 (out of 25, tied with 3 other teams). Buffalo is ranked #8 with SOS of .544

KC’s SOV is .460, ranked #8 (out of 27, tied with NYJ)

Buffalo is tied for #1 SOV of .500 (along with Pittsburgh, the only other team with a SOV at .500).

The Bills SOS and SOV (when they beat them) will go higher after this week because they face the 7-1 Vikings.

Minny, BTW, has a SOS of .457, ranked #18 (of 27) and a SOV of only .387, rated #19 (of 27).

As for remaining schedule, Tankathon publishes, and updates, the “remaining schedule strength” (https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength) based on SOS.

Buffalo is ranked #12 with SOS of .538. KC is ranked #30 with SOS of .420.

The Bills having the highest SOV, and is why they are considered a Super Bowl contender, and have an extremely solid record of beating the three other leaders of each AFC division, two of them on the road.

Cntrygal
11-10-2022, 06:25 AM
I have no idea where you are “hearing people praise the Chiefs because they had the hardest schedule ever”.

I have not heard that at all, and I consume quite a bit of sports media. Looks like a straw-man statement.

I have heard it A LOT.

But, it's been from Chiefs fans (IRL), and social media accounts from Chiefs homers. I roll my eyes and ignore both.

notacon
11-10-2022, 06:53 AM
I have heard it A LOT.

But, it's been from Chiefs fans (IRL), and social media accounts from Chiefs homers. I roll my eyes and ignore both.

Well....yeah....if you pay attention to "Chiefs fans (IRL), and social media accounts from Chiefs homers”, that’s what you are going to get. And yeah, not surprised it’s “eye rolling” and deserves to be ignored.

I don’t waste my time reading what other teams fans’ write. And I don’t waste time on “social media” except this site. :D:

I consume professional sports media sources and professional football analysts with special attention to ex-NFL players, coaches and GM’s.

All the best, most knowledgeable, objective and well informed information comes from the these sources.

sahlensguy
11-10-2022, 07:15 AM
Man, the AFC west was supposed to be stacked with teams and qbs.

We just lost to Zach Wilson, and are 0-2 in the division.

mightysimi
11-10-2022, 07:43 AM
Of course their schedule is harder. They had to play us where we merely had to play them.

Cntrygal
11-10-2022, 07:46 AM
Well....yeah....if you pay attention to "Chiefs fans (IRL), and social media accounts from Chiefs homers”, that’s what you are going to get. And yeah, not surprised it’s “eye rolling” and deserves to be ignored.

I don’t waste my time reading what other teams fans’ write. And I don’t waste time on “social media” except this site. :D:

I consume professional sports media sources and professional football analysts with special attention to ex-NFL players, coaches and GM’s.

All the best, most knowledgeable, objective and well informed information comes from the these sources.

The IRL fans - are ones that I work with... to include one of the AGM's.

Cali512
11-10-2022, 10:08 AM
The IRL fans - are ones that I work with... to include one of the AGM's.

First things first and if you watch hrs of nfl talk like pft, first things first, the herd, speak, youll hear it. It hasnt been an obvious headline so people that only consume the main highlights of the week rarely see this sort of stuff.

Not talking about you