• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

No Bills rookies getting mid-season love

But this guy is...

5. Devin Lloyd, ILB, Jacksonville Jaguars

Stats: 49 tackles, 2 INTs, 6 passes defended
    Drafted: No. 27

Why he's here: Lloyd has played all but eight of the Jaguars' defensive snaps this season. He led the team in tackles in the season opener (11) and hasn't looked back, averaging nearly 10 per game. Lloyd has been active at the point of attack, and when he is asked to work in coverage, he finds the ball quickly. He's the only player -- rookie or otherwise -- in the league with at least 40 tackles and two interceptions. -- Legwold
    Going forward: He is a building block and anchor for the Jacksonville defense and has played up to expectations. As he gets more comfortable with the speed and schemes of the NFL, Lloyd should see his tackle totals continue to trend up and pull down a few more interceptions. In each of the Jaguars' two wins, he had a pick and broke up three passes. -- Miller

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rookie-rankings-at-midpoint-of-2022-season-four-seahawks-in-top-25-but-jets-

#8 - Devin Lloyd, LB, Jacksonville

Lloyd has shown tremendous range and playmaking ability, while also providing outstanding coverage. He has stuffed the stat sheet through nine games, piling up 69 tackles, seven pass breakups, two interceptions and a fumble recovery
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: No Bills rookies getting mid-season love

is this who you wanted to draft, Yardie? i don't remember honestly
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

What’s the point of this thread? Except to troll.

The Bills have two of the best LB’s in the NFL. And they used their 1st round pick on the position they needed the most. CB Elam.

In fact, the Bills management showed exactly why the trolls did not and do not have the first clue what was best for the team when they stupidly thought the Bills should waste a 1st round pick on a position that is already solid as can be.

To spend a 2022 1st round pick on a LB would have been close to as stupid as spending it on a QB.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Breece Hall would have been a much better 2nd round pick that the Bills could have moved up for than wasting a 1st or 2nd round pick on a LB.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          is this who you wanted to draft, Yardie? i don't remember honestly
          Yeah, I wanted Lloyd or Dean early, or Damone Clark on Day 2.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

2. Sauce Gardner -

I'll tell you i'm not that hopeful for this guy going forward. He's borderline too slow to play corner in the NFL. I didn't think so at Draft time but watching him on the field this year, and this guy is legit -almost- too slow. he doesn't have great closing speed. All he needs to do is lose a quarter of a step and he'll be a mediocre NFL corner.

So what does this mean? This means he'll probably be a Probowl - borderline great CB up until his late 20's, lets call it till his rookie deal ends. At which point he's gonna fade hard after signing the big contract.

again, the Jets got a great CB, but unless he somehow gains a bit of speed he's gonna have to switch to safety, or stop playing man defense in order to be effective going into year 7 or so.

next, that list is dog****. the best rookie this year and the one with a mid season lock on Offensive Rookie of the year has been RB - Kenneth Walker III out in Seattle. It could have been Breece Hall, but he blew his knee, and Walker leads all RBs with yards after contact.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
            X