• swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Allen to Start

• Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Allen to Start

We better be full force with our running game and screen game
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

He'll probably have a record game.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Rappaport is speculating based on Barkley's status. He could be right, but I honestly hope he isn't and Keenum gets the start. Long term health is far more important than Minnesota.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Rappaport is speculating based on Barkley's status. He could be right, but I honestly hope he isn't and Keenum gets the start. Long term health is far more important than Minnesota.
          We don’t even know if he was really hurt. No long term health issues for not being injured.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

The media made this way more than it was. That 70 yard in the air bomb told me all I needed to know. If we wasn't ready he would not be dressing at all. The Bills would not gamble the franchise for this game.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              The media made this way more than it was. That 70 yard in the air bomb told me all I needed to know. If we wasn't ready he would not be dressing at all. The Bills would not gamble the franchise for this game.
              I’ve hit my knee and rubbed it right afterwards, hurt like a ****er. Turns out I did not need reconstructive knee surgery.
              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-12-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Dorsey might have a record game.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Maybe, maybe not.

In another thread, I posted this in response to Yardie’s likening it to Carson Palmer’s injury, which was somewhat similar...and Palmer finished the game when he was injured, not thinking about about it....until he tried to throw passes in practice.

But, yeah, I totally agree that "If he wasn't ready he would not be dressing at all. The Bills would not gamble the franchise for this game”. But I don’t think the media “made this way more than it was”.

Josh was injured on that play. He was kept out pf practices, with all reports that he did not even attempt to throw the ball until YESTERDAY (limited amount). When any player misses several practices, it’s cause for concern that he will not play the next game.

Palmer's injury, as he describes it....

Josh Allen injury: Former Pro Bowl QB explains why it could be tough for Bills star to play with injured UCL

When Allen was injured on Sunday, he was able to keep playing, but according to Palmer, that's not unexpected and it doesn't mean the elbow is fine. The Bengals quarterback also finished the game he was playing in following his injury.

"I think I tore 75% of the ulnar collateral ligament," Palmer told the 33rd team. "It wasn't painful. It didn't hurt. I kept throwing, I finished that game, it was sore. It wasn't even to the point where I was getting an MRI. It was just sore."
                  more...

The reports about Allen’s injury is “an elbow strain”. That’s not a “tear”.

Obviously this is all speculation. Not only do we not know if Josh suffered a “tear” like Palmer did, we don’t know if it’s a “75%” tear even if it is a tear.

Carson Palmer is not a doctor, nor does he have any knowledge of what the real doctors have found with MRI’s and other tests....and neither do we.

Swiper, who IS a doctor (which I have great respect for when it comes to medical issues), corrected my misconception (when I wrote "The reports about Allen’s injury is “an elbow strain”. That’s not a “tear”) by writing this....

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                  Yes. Yes it is. By definition a strain or sprain has some torn tissue, but it's just not very bad. There was no clear definition of Allen's exact injury. He's just nursing it this week. Not all sprains and strains are career threatening. This is just more panic by some Bills fans over their QB.

There is no doubt that there was a signifiant enough injury to keep Josh out of practice for several days. That is not nothing.

The article about Carson Palmer’s injury contained this from sports medicine Dr. Jess Flynn.....

Last edited by notacon; 11-12-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

BTW...there is no guarantee that Josh is going to start on Sunday. The reports are assuming so (like Yardie opined) because the Bills did not elevate Barkley from the PS.

I’ll believe that he’s starting when either McDermott announces so in public, or he walks on the field on Buffalo’s first possession.

Unlike Yardie, I have more faith in the Bills organization, McDermott and Josh himself to not risk his long term health.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Spread moved from 3 to 7

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        BTW...there is no guarantee that Josh is going to start on Sunday. The reports are assuming so (like Yardie opined) because the Bills did not elevate Barkley from the PS.

I’ll believe that he’s starting when either McDermott announces so in public, or he walks on the field on Buffalo’s first possession.

Unlike Yardie, I have more faith in the Bills organization, McDermott and Josh himself to not risk his long term health.
                        Disagree with you

if he’s not healthy enough to start, he’s not healthy enough to back up keenum in case something happens to keenum.

you don’t dress josh Allen to have him backup the backup.
                        In my opinion, if he dresses, he starts.
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• Prov401
                          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                          Disagree with you

if he’s not healthy enough to start, he’s not healthy enough to back up keenum in case something happens to keenum.

you don’t dress josh Allen to have him backup the backup.
                          In my opinion, if he dresses, he starts.
                          Exactly. Can't see Josh in uniform backing up Keenum. He's starting.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

What We know

The doctors called it after several days of monitoring/observation.

Fact
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X