PDA

View Full Version : Sean McDermott is a failure

swiper
11-13-2022, 09:41 AM
Finding creative ways to lose every week. Dude. Get ahold of your team. Yes this is YOUR team. And it looks like complete garbage. You need to be held accountable.

Not kicking that FG on 4ht and 2 is unforgiveable. STUPID head coaching failure.

Vikings stun Josh Allen, Bills in overtime after arguably wildest final minute in NFL history (https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-stun-josh-allen-bills-in-overtime-after-arguably-wildest-final-minute-in-nfl-history-215358337.html)

Wasn't that last week's headline too? Except with "Jets" replacing "Vikings"?????

Novacane
11-13-2022, 09:50 AM
Beane is the reason this team is good.

swiper
11-13-2022, 09:51 AM
How do you feel about Sean McDermott's part in the past two games?

swiper
11-13-2022, 09:53 AM
Beane is the reason this team is good.

Why he can't get a RB?

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 09:54 AM
McD is hardly a failure. Sheesh, take a look in the mirror.

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 09:54 AM
Fire head coach
Fire defense coach
Fire Beane

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 09:56 AM
Black monday I can't wait to fire Head coach , Fire defense coach . Fire GM Beane . .

TacklingDummy
11-13-2022, 09:57 AM
Chicken **** call of game in the 2nd.

3rd & 2 at MIN 22
(2:54 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Johnson right guard to MIN 22 for no gain (J.Bullard, H.Phillips).

Setting up a FG.

Dumbass call of game.

3rd & 2 at MIN 22
(2:54 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Johnson right guard to MIN 22 for no gain (J.Bullard, H.Phillips).

Take the ****ing field goal.

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 10:03 AM
Black monday I can't wait to fire Head coach , Fire defense coach . Fire GM Beane . .

You're going to go on ignore if you have nothing else. I don't have time...

Novacane
11-13-2022, 10:06 AM
How do you feel about Sean McDermott's part in the past two games?

I think he's an average HC. Good leader. Great motivator. Terrible game day coach.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2022, 10:08 AM
Can some other team step up and take the heartbreaking losses? Please, this **** is getting old.

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 10:08 AM
How do you feel about Sean McDermott's part in the past two games? A lousy $hxTy head coach ..I wish owner fire him end of season

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 10:13 AM
I think he's an average HC. Good leader. Great motivator. Terrible game day coach.

I'd go with very good leader. Good but unfortunately inconsistent motivator. Average game day coach.

The motivating part is his Achilles heel imo. Often can't get team to play to thier potential for an entire game, and simply can't get the team up for too many games that they should win. He lacks a killer instinct who takes his foot of the gas too often.

- - - Updated - - -

A lousy $hxTy head coach ..I wish owner fire him end of season

Ignored...

sukie
11-13-2022, 10:36 AM
I'd go with very good leader. Good but unfortunately inconsistent motivator. Average game day coach.

The motivating part is his Achilles heel imo. Often can't get team to play to thier potential for an entire game, and simply can't get the team up for too many games that they should win. He lacks a killer instinct who takes his foot of the gas too often.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignored...

First off he’s a defensive coach. He cannot motivate an offense. He cannot call plays offensively on the fly. At a time out perhaps. Dorsey in the booth throwing crap around. He blows.

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 10:38 AM
First off he’s a defensive coach. He cannot motivate an offense. He cannot call plays offensively on the fly. At a time out perhaps. Dorsey in the booth throwing crap around. He blows.

Daboll had the similar issues.

Common thread: McD.

sukie
11-13-2022, 11:15 AM

Common thread: McD.
Daboll got too cute inside the Redzone.., (Josh catching TDS)

Daboll never failed to score a TD in ) plus second half Qtrs plus an OT in a row

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 11:18 AM
Daboll got too cute inside the Redzone.., (Josh catching TDS)

Daboll never failed to score a TD in ) plus second half Qtrs plus an OT in a row

For real? Wow.

YardRat
11-13-2022, 11:33 AM
Some guys have 'it', some don't. I'm starting to think neither McD or Allen do.

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 11:38 AM
Some guys have 'it', some don't. I'm starting to think neither McD or Allen do.

Srsly!?!

Wow.

I'm surprised how down some guys are on Allen.

Turf
11-13-2022, 11:41 AM
Listen, Josh has been unfocused since the break. He has thrown 4 red zone INTS and looks entirely unlike himself. Maybe the fame fortune and commercials and distractions have gotten to his head, but Josh's STUPID uncharacteristic mistakes cost us these last two games. He still has his incredible upside, but the last two weeks I've seen him make some really dumb throws that leave me shaking my head in disbelief he hadn't made in two years.

CommissarSpartacus
11-13-2022, 11:41 AM
I've been telling you guys for 5 years McD's reputation as a head coach is waaaaaay overblown..

His main problem being he's a chicken, but everyone thinks that cuz he looks like an ex marine he's hot ****.

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 11:45 AM
Daboll had the similar issues

Common thread: McD. Ingored

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 11:46 AM

Common thread: McD. Ingored

Mace
11-13-2022, 11:56 AM
McDermott, well, he's not a failure. He's a stable hand on the helm who can maintain a culture and get them through a week. He's just not a success that can take it to the next level because he's not a real football mind. He's not growing and evolving any because he's a motivational coach. He's not going to take it to the next level. Dunno it means getting rid of him, you can gain someone not so baseline competent.

I called him failsauce, but it needs qualification. Beane stacked his roster and gave McDermott what he wanted, vets. Those vets came here because they were hungry, they don't need the motivating part, they needed the x's and o's to put them in the right places to bring one home.

McDermott's bud and confidant is Frazier. Very much the same guy. You won't see them gathering the troops on the sidelines for a fiery speech or dire warnings.

They're stable and predictable hands on the helm, "we'll be fine, do your job, if it doesn't work out, there's next week."

But there's nothing to offer in terms of scheme, creativity, flexibility or innovation. There's nothing dynamic.

I don't know how Dorsey fits into this, my guess is not well. He and QB coach Brady are young and dynamic. Their boss tells them what to do.

McDermott is inherently tight collared. It's apparent he can't help it and his team reflects it. If they really have to let loose, it's grudgingly if McDermott can't bring himself to scream it, which he never will.

There's a timid base competence, which won't win a Super Bowl, and won't tell you much about who's running the offense because of their boss.

Beane loaded this team, McDermott can't use it any better.

sukie
11-13-2022, 12:17 PM
But did he load it? Gabe had a good game vs KC and it was assumed he was a true 2… he’s not.

the young secondary needs veteran leadership.

Beane loaded the D line and brought in Miller. He tinkered with OLine but really it’s the same.

where has he loaded up a roster? Sure with Hyde and Poyer… stable position… now no Hyde and Poyer out a while… problem

White not coming back yet so jackson and rookies… problem

No running game. Purely personnel.

the team is good and could rip off 7 straight but there needs to be a step up in effort to make up fro talent… Quick, who is the #3 Wr? ( and can he ride space mountain?)

paladin warrior
11-13-2022, 03:36 PM
For real? Wow. Ingored

Historian
11-14-2022, 01:29 AM
For the older guys, the injuries are becoming nagging things....I was happy to see Milano play, although he was clearly slowed down.

This is McD's first HC gig. He's going to make mistakes.

I just wish he would learn from them.

And as for Dorsey, his offenses have been ridiculously predictable.

He's a classic case of Bills Peter Principal....instead of doing a search for a top flight coordinator, we promote the next guy in line, despite not having any experience for the job.

I had hoped the franchise buried that practice with Ralph, but....

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2022, 07:47 AM
I'm not going to call McD a failure at this point. He's been the best coach they've had since Marv. He's led them to multiple playoff births, and made them a perennial playoff contender.

He reminds me of Marty S a bit.

Saratoga Slim
11-14-2022, 08:11 AM
We've gotten used to thinking of Josh as superhuman. He's not. But he's still carrying this offense on his back. He makes plays that keep us in games and give us leads that almost no other QB can. And people are taking his posters down because of a bad three game stretch? That's bat****. Gotta view the full body of evidence, not the last 15 minutes.

If there was a 32 quarterback redraft today, I'm still taking Josh over every QB not named Mahomes without even a second thought. And that's what every NFL GM in the league would do too.

He'll snap out of it. Superbowls aren't won or lost in Week 10. Chill the heck out.

OpIv37
11-14-2022, 08:14 AM
I'm not going to call McD a failure at this point. He's been the best coach they've had since Marv. He's led them to multiple playoff births, and made them a perennial playoff contender.

That's really not saying much. But, I agree with you. He has already done more for the team than any coach in my lifetime except Marv. It's also a reason NOT to make a change. We had a lot of duds between Marv and McD, and when it comes to coaches, Bills fans should know better than anyone that "different" doesn't mean "better".

That being said, I'm starting to lose faith that McD is capable of winning it all. He still struggles against better teams, he struggles with 2nd half adjustments and he can't figure out how to win close games.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2022, 08:18 AM
That's really not saying much. But, I agree with you. He has already done more for the team than any coach in my lifetime except Marv. It's also a reason NOT to make a change. We had a lot of duds between Marv and McD, and when it comes to coaches, Bills fans should know better than anyone that "different" doesn't mean "better".

That being said, I'm starting to lose faith that McD is capable of winning it all. He still struggles against better teams, he struggles with 2nd half adjustments and he can't figure out how to win close games.
Doesn't he remind you of early Andy Reid, or Marty Schotenheimer (sp?). Great coaches, win a lot of regular season games, but then fall short in the playoffs.

sukie
11-14-2022, 08:40 AM

offensive adjustments need to be by the OC. Same with DC.

Yesterday, what adjustment was needed with a 24-10 lead? Offense was scoring and the D was working?

you would have to see the future of zero TDS coming. If that ability exists you wouldn’t be employed by a football team.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 09:06 AM
McD is hands off on the O side of the ball. Handing the offense completely off to a rookie coordinator was a big gamble and a mistake.

Mace
11-14-2022, 09:15 AM
Doesn't he remind you of early Andy Reid, or Marty Schotenheimer (sp?). Great coaches, win a lot of regular season games, but then fall short in the playoffs.

He is early Andy Reid, but Reid didn't have JFA, and I think has a better head for the mechanics of the game. Where Reid accomplished it via football knowledge, McDermott is a sunshine motivator.

It's the 6th year of the program with a loaded (if bruised up) roster. I think the (clap clap clap) next week guys, I have confidence in you, stuff has gone as far as it will.

But.....it's still the same team that rolled to 5-1 and beat the Titans, Ravens, Chiefs and Rams, though I'm not sure we would again if we played them next week. They need to get a grip, and it starts with McDermott. I really think they'll rise again, and plunge again in the playoffs, because I don't think McDermott is evolving any, which will end him as a Schottenheimer.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 09:22 AM
He is early Andy Reid, but Reid didn't have JFA, and I think has a better head for the mechanics of the game. Where Reid accomplished it via football knowledge, McDermott is a sunshine motivator.

It's the 6th year of the program with a loaded (if bruised up) roster. I think the (clap clap clap) next week guys, I have confidence in you, stuff has gone as far as it will.

But.....it's still the same team that rolled to 5-1 and beat the Titans, Ravens, Chiefs and Rams, though I'm not sure we would again if we played them next week. They need to get a grip, and it starts with McDermott. I really think they'll rise again, and plunge again in the playoffs, because I don't think McDermott is evolving any, which will end him as a Schottenheimer.

McD is a defensive mind. It's no coincidence that Super Bowls are dominate by head coaches with offensive oriented minds. When JA has Ken Dorsey above him and that's it, we're in deep trouble.

swiper
11-14-2022, 10:31 AM

Tom Landry did. Don Shula did. Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick did.

Next.

swiper
11-14-2022, 10:32 AM

I did not make this thread asking for him to be fired, but he needs to be held accountable and he needs to get ahold of his team.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 10:37 AM
I did not make this thread asking for him to be fired, but he needs to be held accountable and he needs to get ahold of his team.

Did you see his post game presser? No emotion at all. Business as usual.

swiper
11-14-2022, 10:42 AM
I've been telling you guys for 5 years McD's reputation as a head coach is waaaaaay overblown..

His main problem being he goes for it on 4th down too much, but everyone thinks that cuz he looks like an ex marine he's hot ****.

Fixed. You clearly have a man crush on him. Your first since JP Losman and Tom Clements.

Mace
11-14-2022, 11:03 AM
McD is a defensive mind. It's no coincidence that Super Bowls are dominate by head coaches with offensive oriented minds. When JA has Ken Dorsey above him and that's it, we're in deep trouble.

But he's not a particularly impressive defensive mind. He brings a basic concept without further capability.

13 seconds was on the defense when he took the reins, and I'm not sure anyone else stops our offense after that.

YardRat
11-14-2022, 11:07 AM
Srsly!?!

Wow.

I'm surprised how down some guys are on Allen.

Yeah, I cringe about myself, but I can't help it.

I was as high on Allen after the KC game last playoffs as I have ever been on anybody. I've said several times I think Josh walked off the field that day knowing he was one of, if not the, best players in the league. I thought that epiphany would elevate his game even more and he would become the complete juggernaut that he is capable of being. And he started out the season that way, which was satisfying.

But, yet again, that Bad Josh hero-ball and bad decision making that I thought would become a real rarity has reared it's head again, for multiple games in a row again. And that's troubling. It's a lesson he hasn't seemed to learn yet, despite numerous opportunities.

He will probably still have a HOF career and rack up stats, like a Dan Marino. And end up being maybe the best QB the Bills have ever had, like a Jim Kelly. But I don't want another Dan Marino and I don't want another Jim Kelly. I want a winner...a champion...and Josh is certainly capable of it, but only if can get past losing his **** every year for stretches and he hasn't overcome that yet.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 11:14 AM
But he's not a particularly impressive defensive mind. He brings a basic concept without further capability.

13 seconds was on the defense when he took the reins, and I'm not sure anyone else stops our offense after that.

Even if he was great on the defensive, a great offensive mind (along with great qb play) is basically needed to win a Super Bowl.

Dorsey isn't great enough. We need an upgrade there or at HC. Allen will suffer until he can look up to someone again.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I cringe about myself, but I can't help it.

I was as high on Allen after the KC game last playoffs as I have ever been on anybody. I've said several times I think Josh walked off the field that day knowing he was one of, if not the, best players in the league. I thought that epiphany would elevate his game even more and he would become the complete juggernaut that he is capable of being. And he started out the season that way, which was satisfying.

But, yet again, that Bad Josh hero-ball and bad decision making that I thought would become a real rarity has reared it's head again, for multiple games in a row again. And that's troubling. It's a lesson he hasn't seemed to learn yet, despite numerous opportunities.

He will probably still have a HOF career and rack up stats, like a Dan Marino. And end up being maybe the best QB the Bills have ever had, like a Jim Kelly. But I don't want another Dan Marino and I don't want another Jim Kelly. I want a winner...a champion...and Josh is certainly capable of it, but only if can get past losing his **** every year for stretches and he hasn't overcome that yet.

Agreed. He needs a great offensive mind to lead him.

We got the Walmart edition.

CommissarSpartacus
11-15-2022, 04:38 AM
Fixed. You clearly have a man crush on him. Your first since JP Losman and Tom Clements.

Tom Clements has a Superbowl ring.

sukie
11-15-2022, 04:40 AM

So what. So does Sammy Watkins.

CommissarSpartacus
11-15-2022, 04:43 AM
So what. So does Sammy Watkins.

Talk to me when McD gets his...

swiper
11-16-2022, 09:04 AM

LOL. As a QB coach for Aaron Rodgers? His involvement? Not much.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk to me when McD gets his...

Lots of meaningless people have Super Bowl rings. The example is as meaningless as it gets.