PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a new Sean how about Sean Payton?

Woodman
11-13-2022, 10:09 AM
Thoughts?

sahlensguy
11-13-2022, 10:18 AM
There will be a strong case if we miss the playoffs.

Woodman
11-13-2022, 10:29 AM
IMO he ends up with the Raiders :idunno:

Albany,n.y.
11-14-2022, 01:50 AM
No coach has ever won the Super Bowl with 2 different teams. Yes, some have made the Super Bowl with different teams, but none have ever won with a 2nd team.

Prov401
11-14-2022, 02:02 AM
McDermott's seat will most definitely start warming up if we struggle the rest of the way, or are bounced early from the playoffs. I'm actually surprised the media hasn't started on him yet. If that is the case, I'd love Sean Payton as our head coach.

Woodman
11-14-2022, 02:03 AM
McDermott's seat will most definitely start warming up if we struggle the rest of the way, or are bounced early from the playoffs. I'm actually surprised the media hasn't started on him yet. If that is the case, I'd love Sean Payton as our head coach.

We would kick ass!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2022, 10:30 AM
Just stop.

Woodman
11-14-2022, 10:45 AM
Just stop.

Payton's going somewhere.

YardRat
11-14-2022, 10:49 AM
If Josh wasn't handing the ball over to opponents like it was Halloween candy the media may be on McD a little bit more but it's mid-season and way too early to start panicking, looking to replace one of the more successful head coaches in the history of the franchise. The team is going to have to miss the playoffs and start off the next season very poorly before that becomes a discussion. Also, pretty sure he still has the locker room and that may be the biggest factor in his favor.

Mace
11-14-2022, 10:58 AM
Hire Payton and you surrender Beane. Payton will want personnel control.

No.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 11:28 AM
way too early to start panicking, looking to replace one of the more successful head coaches in the history of the franchise.

Nah. We got Josh Allen. We'll be fine without McD for wins.

Need an offensive minded replacement though.

TheConsigliere
11-14-2022, 04:57 PM
Hire Payton and you surrender Beane. Payton will want personnel control.

No.

Beane has been relatively successful short of poor 2nd round draft picks and negligence of the OL.

Why would Sean Payton NOT want to work with Beane and more importantly have a young franchise QB like Josh Allen lead his team?

I think the Bills are very attractive to Sean Payton and that he would not insist on personnel control.

Sean Payton should have been hired by the Bills soon after last year's play-off exit.

It is painfully obvious to those watching except the Pegulas that McD will NEVER win the very BIG game.

Mace, any idea where Buffalo Bills President Kin Pegula is right now?

The Pegulas hired McD personally before hiring Beane so it is really them that would need to fire McD.

Mace
11-15-2022, 08:35 AM
Beane has been relatively successful short of poor 2nd round draft picks and negligence of the OL.

Why would Sean Payton NOT want to work with Beane and more importantly have a young franchise QB like Josh Allen lead his team?

I think the Bills are very attractive to Sean Payton and that he would not insist on personnel control.

Sean Payton should have been hired by the Bills soon after last year's play-off exit.

It is painfully obvious to those watching except the Pegulas that McD will NEVER win the very BIG game.

Mace, any idea where Buffalo Bills President Kin Pegula is right now?

The Pegulas hired McD personally before hiring Beane so it is really them that would need to fire McD.

Payton is all about Payton. He's an ego guy. He's going to want control of a warm weather franchise, or one that plays in a dome down south. He's going to get it, and march right in with his pursed lips to take the reins.

It's pure rumor, but someone told me they heard Kim Pegula was in Rochester, some kind of rehabilitation, without further detail.

Woodman
11-15-2022, 08:54 AM
Payton is all about Payton. He's an ego guy. He's going to want control of a warm weather franchise, or one that plays in a dome down south. He's going to get it, and march right in with his pursed lips to take the reins.

It's pure rumor, but someone told me they heard Kim Pegula was in Rochester, some kind of rehabilitation, without further detail.

He's not a buffalo guy ..... point made. :cheers: brrrrrrrrr!

TheConsigliere
11-15-2022, 11:20 AM

It would be good to see Kim in public again soon.

sukie
11-16-2022, 09:00 AM
Let BEANE select an offensive minded coach that doesnt
like guys named Leslie

sahlensguy
11-16-2022, 09:09 AM
Let BEANE select an offensive minded coach that doesnt
like guys named Leslie

Pretty much this.

But Beane was McD's guy. Don't easily envision Beane staying while McD gets canned.

Needs to be done though.

sukie
11-16-2022, 10:17 AM
Pretty much this.

But Beane was McD's guy. Don't easily envision Beane staying while McD gets canned.

Needs to be done though.

McD and Beane not joined at the hip if McD is fired. It goes Pegs Beane McD

Mace
11-16-2022, 10:20 AM
Pretty much this.

Needs to be done though.

I think Beane has more than earned his chops here and would select the next HC if it comes to that.

TheConsigliere
11-16-2022, 11:13 AM
I think Beane has more than earned his chops here and would select the next HC if it comes to that.

Agreed.

swiper
11-17-2022, 05:11 AM
Sean Peyt

notacon
11-17-2022, 06:49 AM
Pretty much this.

Needs to be done though.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No. McDermott is NOT going to get canned, and doing so would be stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maybe some sour puss “fans” that love loser talk should listen to Von Miller and what he says about McDermott....

Von Miller: "I Like Where We Are At" (https://www.buffalobills.com/video/von-miller-i-like-where-we-are-at)

He talks about McDermott around the 4:10 mark

Gee....should we listen to the players that are actually on the team, and working with the coaches??? Or sour puss “fans” that love thier “depression” loser talk that players like Von Miller would never tolerate.

If you are too lazy to listen to the whole thing....this is what Von had to say about Coach McDermott....

“Man, he’s the real deal, man. I think championship teams and championship coaches are champions before they win championships. He’s (McDermott) definitely that. He never gets too high, never gets too low.

His delivery and his approach, you can just tell he studies how to interact with his players, he studies his players. He’s just a great communicator, I love the way he labels things, even though we lost he....there are more than two ways you can label that.

You can say “hey, we got our ass kicked” and this and that, which all of them can be true. All of them can be true. But, the way he puts his words together to inspire the team is just phenomenal.

And it’s an honor and privilege to be led by Coach McDermott.”

Yeah....You think it’s best to fire the guy who inspires this kind of support, loyalty and confidence. You would make a terrible NFL GM or owner. Your “leadership” would be SURE to have years and years of losing teams.

I’m going to listen to the guy with two Super Bowl wins under his belt with two different team, over your sour puss loser talk.

sukie
11-17-2022, 06:52 AM
I agree firing McD is crazy talk but also Von Miller or any other player is never gonna trash a HC he is currently working for… so listening to rah ran from actual current players is pointless.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 06:54 AM
"Stick with McD if you like mediocrity "

And Von is doing a disservice when he is building up this team without tempering expectations. They read their own press clippings and listen to Von's podcast too much.

notacon
11-17-2022, 07:02 AM
I agree firing McD is crazy talk but also Von Miller or any other player is never gonna trash a HC he is currently working for… so listening to rah ran from actual current players is pointless.

I was going to add my post above......”cue the....no player is going to trash a HC....” bullcrap.

That does not preclude that what Von said is not 100% valid.

This kind of dismissal of what a player or coach says in public (becaseu it does not fit the person’s who is dismissing what the plater is saying narrative) and then when something is said from a nameless NFL figure (yeah....the ESPN 50 NFL GM’s, coaches, players and scouts ranking players) and dismissing that because they are anonymous, because what they say does not fit your narrative, is really dishonest.

It’s a “head’s I win, tails you lose"

There is a BIG difference between not "trash a HC he is currently working for” and saying the kind of stuff that Von Miller said. Basically, you are calling him a LIAR. I’d love to see you accuse Von Miller of lying to his face.

There are ways to not trash someone, but not say anything very positive either. We’ve all heard it being done before.

So, NO, listening to what players say is NOT “pointless” The knee jerk reaction to dismiss whatever does not fit YOUR narrative is what is “pointless'

notacon
11-17-2022, 07:08 AM
"Stick with McD if you like mediocrity "

And Von is doing a disservice when he is building up this team without tempering expectations. They read their own press clippings and listen to Von's podcast too much.

Sour puss loser talk.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 07:11 AM
Sour puss loser talk.

Huh?