PDA

View Full Version : Milloy overrated?

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 02:30 PM
I know I know, before you get on me, let me say that I think the world of Milloy, and he's always been one of my favorite players, but look at these stats before anything is said.

Lawyer Milloy
6-0" 210lbs Age:29
Years:8
Tackles:761
Sacks:7
Forced Fumbles:8
INTs:19
Yards:123
TDs:5
Long:30
TDs:1
Pass Deflects:52

Sammy Knight
6-0" 215lbs Age 27..
Career Numbers:
Years:7
Tackles:566
Sacks:5
F Fumbles:5
INTs:28
Yards:464
Long:91
TDs:4
Pass Deflects:55

Pretty close, especially when you consider Knight costs 1 mil a year when Milloy is going to get at least 3-4 mil. Also....

These are the stats from the past three years,

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

The look at the stats last season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teamstats?team=nor

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teamstats?team=nwe

Milloy had no turnovers at all, no forced fumbles, no anything, and had less than 100 tackles. Maybe that's why the Pats released him.

Just some interesting info I thought I'd share. :)

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Stats don't mean squat. You wanna talk overrated. Seau.

THATHURMANATOR
09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Well Knight is a good player also. Milloy is a very good player in my book who is a leader and knows how to win. I would be happy if we get him.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Seau definately isn't what he used to be, but he will make some damn good plays for us. He is going to help our pass rush, and our run defense. He is not going to play on passing packages, (Unless he's rushing the passer most likely) but he will definately be an upgrade over Derrick Rodgers.

Oh, and I really don't want you to get Milloy, I still think he's damn good. Overrated by some though, and he had a real down year last year.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Stats don't mean squat except, but the difference in INTs does matter.

nolimit
09-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Nobody here cares about Sammy Knight!

ryven
09-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Dolfan I think you mean seau is going to help your pass walk.

helmetguy
09-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Knight can be HAD. That's why the opportunities are there. Malloy's reputation makes QBs and OC's look elsewhere for a weakness to exploit.

Ebenezer
09-03-2003, 03:51 PM
He's overrated because the 'Fins can't afford him...isn't that what you are trying to say??

RedEyE
09-03-2003, 03:55 PM
I could care less how overrated he is. Milloy tops our current choices at Safety and is the final key to another Bills AFC Championship. Bring him in.

The_Philster
09-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Stats don't mean squat.

Don't let Wys hear you say that. ;)

TedMock
09-03-2003, 04:15 PM
I'll take a down year with 91 tackles any day from a DB.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 04:55 PM
He's averaged around 90 tackles a year his whole carrer. It's the other things, no INTs, no FFs, no sacks that mean he had a down year.

Oh and ryven, you don't think our pass rush is as good as yours? Sorry, at least I try to stay at least a little unbiased.

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Don't let Wys hear you say that. ;) Stats don't mean squat !!!

Jan Reimers
09-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Fin Fans must be fanciers of bad wine - they continually deal in sour grapes.

Nighthawk
09-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Please, Dolfan...if you think that Seau is going to do anything for your defense, think again! The guy needs a freakin' walker to get on the field and I'm not sure that the NFL allows players to use them. Oh yeah, saying that Seau is an improvement over Rodgers isn't exactly saying much. How many Pro Bowls has Knight been to? Well, Milloy has been to 4 out of the last 5, so he must be doing something right. Finally, tell me how the Bills a$$ looks from the cellar! :)

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 07:40 PM
I don't think Miami knows what the cellar is like, I think they've only been last place once in the past 33 years. You've been there for 3 years. :)

Why do you bring up Seau? I compared our Strong Safety's, not our weakside linebackers. Seau will be fine, and I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a superstar. He's an upgrade, just like Milloy is, (Though Seau has had a full minicamp/training camp unlike Milloy) and Milloy got into the probowl off name only. Seau has been to the probowl 12 out of his thirteen years in the league (All except his rookie year) but he made it because of his name. Milloy is slipping, but he is still one of the best in the game.

Your first INT other than Ray Lucas/injured Fiedler came on week 16, and you only had 2 INTs total other than those two. Of course I know I'm going to hear all the *****ing and complaining about excuses, but Milloy didn't make any big plays last year, and for a team that is hurting for them, and a team that already has some damn good tacklers, it's not going to make you a SB team.

We're gunna beat you at home, and you'll beat us at home. That's as close as you're gunna get. Enjoy the wildcard, I think you pretty much have it inhand now as long as Bledsoe doesn't continue what he was doing the 2nd half of 2002.

:)

Turf
09-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Ask Brian Cox about the cellar in Miami.

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I think the Marino teams of the 80's fielded one last place team....hey, that's the same as the Bledsoe teams of the 00's. ;)

Sorry, some light hearted smack. I said it before, Milloy is an upgrade obviously, but don't think this addition makes you the best team in the league.

I hate the Pats. Idiots.

LVGrown
09-03-2003, 08:15 PM
of course milloy is overrated, he just signed with the Bills. its funny that last year when Price was with the Bills he was a product of the system, but now that he is no longer with the team we are screwed without him. as far as pats and fish fans are concerned everyone we bring in is overrated and those that we let go were overrated until they were released. its alose lose situation, but us Bills fans know whats up!

AFC East CHAMPS

Dolfan984
09-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Who said Price was a product of the system. I've heard Bills fans says he was a product of being the Bills #2 behind Moulds.

Who said Spikes is overrated? He's one of the great LBs in the game. All I said is that Milloy will not just transport you into a lock for the AFC East, let alone the SB. It's still a a three team race, except that the Bills got a little scarier, and the Pats got a little weaker. It's as clear as that IMO. :)