PDA

View Full Version : 2nd and 2 from the seven.

Turf
11-13-2022, 11:45 AM
And we pass three times the third being an INT instead of a FG that flipped the field. I just can't get past that reddzone play calling dominating the game especially when you have a QB that can run the ball for 20+ yards at a time.

Woodman
11-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Extremely poor play calling period.

Typ0
11-13-2022, 12:46 PM
And we pass three times the third being an INT instead of a FG that flipped the field. I just can't get past that reddzone play calling dominating the game especially when you have a QB that can run the ball for 20+ yards at a time.

What is the comparison there? Running the ball from your end or near midfield is very different than in the red zone. Defenders start to get crammed in. From the 7 they only have 17 yards to defend. The INT is the killer not trying to throw the ball.

Turf
11-13-2022, 12:50 PM
What is the comparison there? Running the ball from your end or near midfield is very different than in the red zone. Defenders start to get crammed in. From the 7 they only have 17 yards to defend. The INT is the killer not trying to throw the ball.

Gillaim, Johnson, Josh, rollout, Singeltary already scored twice. You need 2 freakin yards for a 1st and goal. No we try a TE screen.

Mace
11-13-2022, 12:55 PM
Well, your backs are gaining some yards. At least try it a couple times. It's 2 yards. Trent Richardson can even do enough inches per carry.

Woodman
11-13-2022, 12:57 PM
RPO.

Turf
11-13-2022, 01:19 PM
I formation twice with an RPO option. How can you not gain 2 yards? Dorsey sucks. We need a normal OC. So sick of Daboll and Dorsey mentalities always trying to outsmart the obvious and easy.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2022, 01:26 PM
I’ve was looking for the Allen sweep all game on short yardage. Not once did they call it. That play always works.

Prov401
11-13-2022, 01:41 PM
Dorsey is killing me with his all or nothing play calls. Daboll seemed like he was trying to get first downs time and time again. Dorsey is going for knock outs on 2nd downs, in crucial moments. Against the jets, on the play Allen got hurt on, why is he winding up a 40 yard pass on 2nd down with over a minute remaining? And today was more of the same. That last pick, It's scary that Josh really thought he saw something there. He had no business throwing that ball. Again, with plenty of time.

Skooby
11-13-2022, 01:45 PM
Yeah he had room to run with 2 timeouts & mid 1 minute left, where was the fire. Also Knox had one in the breadbasket he dropped, sorry but that wins the game.

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2022, 11:08 PM
They had 2nd and short multiple times, and threw on both 2nd and 3rd down, and failed.

It happened at least 3 times.

Cook or Singletary ran for 8 yards, then they went pass, pass punt or FG or turnover.

You spend all week yapping about how you want to take some of the pressure off of Josh, and that he can't do it all, but then on gameday all of that goes out the window. RUN THE FUGGING BALL.

Turf
11-14-2022, 01:20 AM
I am so sick of seeing shotgun in the redzone on 2nd and two. Over and over and over again. If you're not going to use your FB for something don't dress one. And then don't run for short yardage by handing the ball off in the shotgun 5 yards behind the LOS. Maddening to watch this over and over.

Saratoga Slim
11-14-2022, 01:23 AM
They had 2nd and short multiple times, and threw on both 2nd and 3rd down, and failed.

It happened at least 3 times.

Cook or Singletary ran for 8 yards, then they went pass, pass punt or FG or turnover.

You spend all week yapping about how you want to take some of the pressure off of Josh, and that he can't do it all, but then on gameday all of that goes out the window. RUN THE FUGGING BALL.

They started the game running very successfully. At one point I said "this elbow injury might be a good thing, cause it forced them to show that they can play more balanced football--and it's working." But then it became apparent that Josh's arm was OK and it all went out the window. Back to the playground.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 01:23 AM
Daboll was a bigger loss than I initially thought. Giving the reigns to a rookie OC while on a Super Bowl run is proving to be a mistake.

Mace
11-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Daboll was a bigger loss than I initially thought. Giving the reigns to a rookie OC while on a Super Bowl run is proving to be a mistake.

Dunno, they were doing dandy until the bye, with Allen the mvp favorite, atop the AFC with tiebreakers over division leaders that have vet coaching staffs. It's surreal.

sahlensguy
11-14-2022, 09:37 AM
Dunno, they were doing dandy until the bye, with Allen the mvp favorite, atop the AFC with tiebreakers over division leaders that have vet coaching staffs. It's surreal.

They are good but perhaps they were also running off of the fumes of Daboll, before the bi. Josh loved that guy. He said it many times. Dorsey is a downgrade in more ways than one and McD is hands off. It is catching up to us and Josh is back to hero ball.

Woodman
11-14-2022, 09:40 AM
I’ve was looking for the Allen sweep all game on short yardage. Not once did they call it. That play always works.

He's just too big and strong to have stopped him.

Dorsey's an idiot.