• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

This is a dumb team

It took me a long time to digest that travesty against the vikings yesterday and here is my opinion

-this is a very dumb football team.

It starts from the top, I don't trust the coaches to adjust or fool anyone. Daboll got a lot of **** when he was here, but i remember him scheming against defenses, exploiting what they were giving, putting together play packages which built upon eachother for payoffs later when he'd pull some slight of hand.

Right now our offense is devolving into a variation of the trainwreck that is the Sandiego chargers offense. No creativity, depend on the QB to bail the team out. Dorsey was a mistake.

Next, situationally this is a ******ed team.

First and 10 from the 1 inch line up by 4 with 40 seconds on the clock and no timeouts anywhere, no coach told JA it was ok to take a safety. It legit was ok to take a safety there, far better then a fumbled snap for a TD. I was utterly baffled by the play. I mean I think everyone expected JA to sneak it there when he lined up under center, it's not like the bills do much in the passing game from under center with Dorsey (Daboll would all the time). And somehow the center didn't get the ball to JA's hands. That's the part i'm still fried by. I've watched the replay a number of times now, and it literally doesn't hit his hands at all. How does a center snap get that missed?

Next, we're at first and goal from the 7 i think, and in 4 plays we go run - pass pass pass (int). my god. and they weren't even clever passes. RPOs looking for a quick slant, over and over again. WTF?

OT - Bills driving for a TD... no i can't keep going on about this team and it's awful redzone offense.

I won't even talk about all the passes JA put right in the numbers that were dropped today... again. I saw at least 3 today.

The defense is just as bad in different ways. Ugh, I just can't watch it anymore. I loved the 3 and 22 they gave up a 20 yard PA on when Benford didn't look back at the ball once on a clear overthrow of Jefferson, he just put his head down and ran through him. That's not the refs, that's just stupid ****ing football on 3 and 22. That play will be tattooed in my head for years i fear.

just stupid **** everywhere.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-13-2022, 07:56 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: This is a dumb team

Well said
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

Idiotic to go under center there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

The snap thing still has me confused because the angle from behind the offense appears to show the snap getting to Allen's hands but the one from in front of the offense appears to show it being short. That's just an oddity in camera angles, either way it's a major **** up.

I also don't know if this was intentional, but this critique was pretty light on Allen. I agree with everything you said, but Allen deserves more than his fair share of the blame. He's the leader, he's making bad decision, and he's appearing to have regressed. Franchise QB's have to take that all on them and demand to be better.

Also I'd be curious to know what his sideline demeanor is from those at the games. On TV he either looks to be trying to figure out what went wrong or looks like he's by himself just sitting there. Is he active on the sidelines after these mistakes? Is he up rooting on the defense? I just didn't see much fire from him on the sidelines yesterday, but that could just be the shots that TV decided to show.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Even if the handoff is successful, there is still a chance for a safety. The play was like last year's 4th and goal sneak against Tennessee. Just aweful.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Spread em out!

Shotgun!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I also don't know if this was intentional, but this critique was pretty light on Allen. I agree with everything you said, but Allen deserves more than his fair share of the blame. He's the leader, he's making bad decision, and he's appearing to have regressed. Franchise QB's have to take that all on them and demand to be better.

Also I'd be curious to know what his sideline demeanor is from those at the games. On TV he either looks to be trying to figure out what went wrong or looks like he's by himself just sitting there. Is he active on the sidelines after these mistakes? Is he up rooting on the defense? I just didn't see much fire from him on the sidelines yesterday, but that could just be the shots that TV decided to show.
              he is throwing inexcusable INTs, i won't disagree. he's now thrown 6 ints in the last 3 games and of the 6 ints, maybe 5 were so atrocious i struggle to understand what he was thinking on them. he's also been very inaccurate for stretches. It's weird because in the first half against the vikings, he looked like his start of the year excellent, but in the second half he looked like his last 3 game awful for stretches.

he's simply making poor read or he's not on the same page as wrs or he's throwing balls badly off target. it's a myriad of awful choices, bad throws, and confusing situations that tell me something is wrong in the locker room.

what it looks like to me is this offense is missing cole beasley and john brown. i don't think mck and davis are good replacements for what those guys brought to the offense.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-14-2022, 01:55 AM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Does he need contacts?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  Does he need contacts?
                  Seriously?

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                    Seriously?
                    glasses?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

glasses?
                      Mr Magoo... sure. This loss is on Josh needing glasses.

And the backups.
                      Last edited by sahlensguy; 11-14-2022, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Mr Magu... sure. This loss is on Josh needing glasses.

And the backups.
                        Mr. Magoo sure.

Do you ever wonder what is he seeing?

Tell the truth.

On the defensive side of the ball.

We have really promising players for the future currently playing due to injury to our veterans.

I don't want you to misunderstand what I'm pointing out.

I'm saying it's coaching and the inability to adapt to circumstances (scheme) ..... called it adjustments if you wish.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Mr. Magoo sure.

Do you ever wonder what is he seeing?

Tell the truth.

On the defensive side of the ball.

We have really promising players for the future currently playing due to injury to our veterans.

I don't want you to misunderstand what I'm pointing out.

I'm saying it's coaching and the inability to adapt to circumstances (scheme) ..... called it adjustments if you wish.
                          You seem to be changing the blame from the backups to the coaching and scheme.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

You seem to be changing the blame from the backups to the coaching and scheme.
                            The backups can only do with what they're provided.

If you ever took from anything I've said please focus on that.

Youth will **** up without guidance the question becomes do we have who we need to guide.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Honestly, they are dumb bunch at times, but yesterday I really couldn't get on the coaches, maybe not kicking FG late in the game was the only issue. Daboll got a lot of **** when he was here, most fans didn't realize how good he was, but Dorsey hasn't been that bad honestly.

I mean O playcalling aside, most of it was down to the players yesterday. Dane Jackson is not a starting caliber corner against top tier competition, he was in position quite a few times but his ball skills were an issue over and over again. Cam Lewis missed tackles and didn't knock the ball down, the botched snap was atrocious, Allen throwing unforced redzone INTs, Benford missed a tackle on the long Cook TD run. Poor safety play in general in recent weeks has given up big plays, we take Poyer and Hyde for granted. Coaches can only do so much, players have to execute, a failure to execute is not always on the coaches. We're the only other team besides the Eagles to rank top 5 in both O and D. Need to get healthy and focused, you're going to lose games, squad is still talented, they just have to lock up down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                              X