PDA

View Full Version : Have the Bills ever been on the WINNING end of a disastrous choke?

OpIv37
11-14-2022, 05:59 AM
We have this thread to discuss all the times the Bills snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261664-What-is-the-most-unique-GUT-WRENCHING-Bills-loss-in-your-opinion

But, have the Bills ever been on the winning end of a similar implosion?

The closest game I can think of is the 2007 game against Washington, which I attended. It was their first home game after safety Sean Taylor was shot and killed.

The Bills were down by 2 as time was about to expire. Rian Lindell was about to attempt a 51 yard FG. The weather was unusually bad. It was in the 40's with a lot of wind and rain, so it was a difficult kick. But, Washington coach Joe Gibbs wanted to ice the kicker and called time out. Then, as the Bills lined up again, Gibbs called time out AGAIN. They had just changed the rules so that it was unsportsmanlike conduct to use 2 timeouts on the same play. So, Washington got flagged for 15 yards. The 51 yard attempt became a much easier 36 yard attempt, that Lindell nailed.

It wasn't as epic as all the losses being discussed in the other thread, but Gibbs made a critical mistake that made it much easier for us to make that kick.

YardRat
11-14-2022, 06:03 AM
Is this a serious question?

sukie
11-14-2022, 06:17 AM
Uh… I can’t say it… just think about it.

notacon
11-14-2022, 06:25 AM
Jesus. This place is insufferable with the loser crap coming from ‘the SKY IS FALLING Brigade'

POTLAND PSILBYLO
11-14-2022, 06:28 AM
1/3/93

OpIv37
11-14-2022, 06:31 AM
1/3/93

Right, that was a big one to forget. But that was nearly 30 years ago and we have a LOOOOOOONGGG list of chokes that we lost and basically nothing else in our favor.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2022, 07:01 AM
We have this thread to discuss all the times the Bills snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261664-What-is-the-most-unique-GUT-WRENCHING-Bills-loss-in-your-opinion

But, have the Bills ever been on the winning end of a similar implosion?

The closest game I can think of is the 2007 game against Washington, which I attended. It was their first home game after safety Sean Taylor was shot and killed.

The Bills were down by 2 as time was about to expire. Rian Lindell was about to attempt a 51 yard FG. The weather was unusually bad. It was in the 40's with a lot of wind and rain, so it was a difficult kick. But, Washington coach Joe Gibbs wanted to ice the kicker and called time out. Then, as the Bills lined up again, Gibbs called time out AGAIN. They had just changed the rules so that it was unsportsmanlike conduct to use 2 timeouts on the same play. So, Washington got flagged for 15 yards. The 51 yard attempt became a much easier 36 yard attempt, that Lindell nailed.

It wasn't as epic as all the losses being discussed in the other thread, but Gibbs made a critical mistake that made it much easier for us to make that kick.

10/2/2022

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2022, 07:45 AM
I feel like we've been paying for the Oiler comeback ever since it happened.