PDA

View Full Version : Passing twice with ~3:30 left

Turf
11-14-2022, 06:05 AM
Here we are up by 4, 2nd and 8 or so, Minny has 1 timeout left. Do we run the ball? NO. We throw it twice and incomplete stopping the clock for them. I was so pissed, I'm like wtf is wrong with you. So they got the ball back with over 3 mins and a timeout left instead of close to 2 minutes. That was the dumbest most arrogant stupid coaching decision they could have made in that position. I know they wanted to close the game out but the obvious correct choice was to try and get a 1st with Josh or a RB running but keep the clock moving. Makes me wonder how this coaching staff could be so dumb. We gifted them 80 seconds. STUPID!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
11-14-2022, 06:54 AM
I'm with you 100%. I was thinking the same. Viking has 1 time out left (or 0?). A couple of 1st downs the game is over. But we need to make first downs while using the clock.

This is where I think Dorsey's over aggressiveness meshed too well with Josh's aggressiveness. I have no doubt they are thinking the same thing. I want McDermott to step in telling them make some easy plays now boys.

And by the way I don't agree they went for 4th down up by 10 instead of taking 3 before that. I feel we can move the ball and get into the field goal range pretty easily. I was thinking then if we are up by 13, making them go down the field to score a TD, then we come back to kick a field goal to pretty much putting the game out of reach for them. The big thing is how McDermott feels about Josh and the offense (was doing) and the defense (was doing) then. I now submit to the theory by others here that McDermott didn't have the right feel of the game, AGAIN!

Mace
11-14-2022, 09:24 AM
Here we are up by 4, 2nd and 8 or so, Minny has 1 timeout left. Do we run the ball? NO. We throw it twice and incomplete stopping the clock for them. I was so pissed, I'm like wtf is wrong with you. So they got the ball back with over 3 mins and a timeout left instead of close to 2 minutes. That was the dumbest most arrogant stupid coaching decision they could have made in that position. I know they wanted to close the game out but the obvious correct choice was to try and get a 1st with Josh or a RB running but keep the clock moving. Makes me wonder how this coaching staff could be so dumb. We gifted them 80 seconds. STUPID!!!

I'm still reeling over 3 tries to gain 2 yards around the 5 and 3 pass attempts.