PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: The game will be delayed until Monday….

Skooby
11-15-2022, 11:21 PM
You can’t get this many people safely through impassable roads, it’ll take days to clean up. I’d figure Monday late-afternoon game & Thursday game is an oh well tough beane.

Woodman
11-15-2022, 11:29 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-vs-browns-weather-snow-game-may-be-on-tap-in-week-11-as-winter-storm-watch-issued-for-buffalo-area/

Are you ready for some snow? The NFL may witness its first snow game of the season when the Browns (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/CLE/cleveland-browns/) travel to face the Bills (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BUF/buffalo-bills/) in Week 11 on Sunday. A winter storm watch for Erie, Genesee, and Wyoming counties in the Buffalo area has been issued by the National Weather Service starting on Thursday night and lasting through Sunday, via The Buffalo News (https://buffalonews.com/news/local/the-weekend-forecast-snow-snow-and-more-snow/article_b13a914c-6483-11ed-abb6-4f5e1391f282.html). Highmark Stadium, the home of the Bills in Orchard Park, New York, resides in Erie county.
A projected one to two feet are forecasted to hit the area while the heaviest squalls could produce one to two inches of snow per hour, per the National Weather Service. Below-freezing air blowing across Lake Erie is expected to generate snow throughout the weekend.
Naturally, this could have a big impact on this AFC matchup between Cleveland and Buffalo. The Bills are looking to snap a two-game losing skid and claw back atop the standings in the AFC. Meanwhile, Cleveland is looking to rebound after a 39-17 road loss to the Dolphins (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/MIA/miami-dolphins/).

DraftBoy
11-15-2022, 11:40 PM
You can’t get this many people safely through impassable roads, it’ll take days to clean up. I’d figure Monday late-afternoon game & Thursday game is an oh well tough beane.

When is the heaviest of the storm supposed to hit? Could they move the game up to Saturday? Moving back would be incredibly unfair to ask the team to turnaround and play three days later.

Woodman
11-15-2022, 11:45 PM
When is the heaviest of the storm supposed to hit? Could they move the game up to Saturday? Moving back would be incredibly unfair to ask the team to turnaround and play three days later.

Or

Maybe they should reschedule the Thanksgiving Day game to Friday or Saturday.

Historian
11-16-2022, 12:10 AM
It will start on Thursday night and snow the heaviest on Friday and Saturday.

Supposedly about 31 inches.

A band is going to set up around the city and suburbs and just sit there for three days.

DraftBoy
11-16-2022, 12:14 AM
Or

Maybe they should reschedule the Thanksgiving Day game to Friday or Saturday.

It’s possible, but I’d be a little surprised if they were willing to do that. The Lions on Thanksgiving is a huge tradition for the NFL.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2022, 12:43 AM
It's Buffalo. Plow the snow, play the game.

don137
11-16-2022, 12:56 AM
Another problem is can they need to clear snow out of stadium and clear parking spaces as well.

OpIv37
11-16-2022, 01:02 AM

As of right now, Saturday looks like it will be much worse than Sunday. But you are right. They can't be expected to play 2 games in 4 days.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2022, 01:13 AM
Let’s spend $1.4+ Billion on an open air stadium.

Brilliant.

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2022, 02:40 AM
They can't move this game any further down the line. The Bills already play 3 games in an 11 day span (Sunday, Thursday, Thursday) thanks to the genius NFL schedule makers. Has a Bills game ever been moved besides the one a few years ago when there was that huge ice storm and they had to play in Detroit?

Night Train
11-16-2022, 03:07 AM
Thread title suggests it's official - Please correct

Bill Cody
11-16-2022, 03:12 AM
They can't move the game to Monday and they won't. Period.

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2022, 03:13 AM
the only thing I can see happening is they move it to Detroit.

I'd assume that that decision would have to be made ASAP, like today or tomorrow.

Bill Cody
11-16-2022, 03:28 AM
the only thing I can see happening is they move it to Detroit.

I'd assume that that decision would have to be made ASAP, like today or tomorrow.

that's possible. And you're right, they need to make a decision soon. But they're playing somewhere on Sunday

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2022, 03:54 AM
that's possible. And you're right, they need to make a decision soon. But they're playing somewhere on Sunday

Right. It can't be moved to another day, unless it's completely cancelled and then played later in the year (which is probably a last resort).

Like I stated above, the league has already put the Bills in the horrible situation of playing Sunday, Thursday, Thursday, which is 3 games in an 11 day span.

sukie
11-16-2022, 04:00 AM
Maybe night game? If the snow bulk is coming Saturday

Woodman
11-16-2022, 04:16 AM
My next 3 weeks suggestion.

1) Browns ........ Play Sunday if the field is ready ... Monday only if not.

2) @ Lions ......... Play Saturday or Sunday .... sorry Turkey fans.

3) @ Patriots ......... Thursday if you must.

:gobills:

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2022, 04:23 AM

I can't see them moving Thursday. It's a 100 year old tradition. It's Thanksgiving. It would be great if they did though, as I have to work.

Night Train
11-16-2022, 04:24 AM
Miami is on a bye

Move it down there and put Cleveland on the sunny side of the field.

Bills fans would flood the place..

OpIv37
11-16-2022, 04:26 AM

There's just no way they are going to mess with Thanksgiving. Too much money at stake.

sukie
11-16-2022, 04:41 AM
Miami is on a bye

Move it down there and put Cleveland on the sunny side of the field.

Bills fans would flood the place..

71/79 50% rain… there is no heat factor.

Woodman
11-16-2022, 04:48 AM
There's just no way they are going to mess with Thanksgiving. Too much money at stake.

I know it's all about the almighty buck .... just a suggestion for the welfare of the players.

notacon
11-16-2022, 05:35 AM
So, where exactly is this “rumor” coming from and who is promoting it??

Sorry, but it’s pretty clear that it’s bullcrap.

As of right now, the Weather Service is posting a “lake effect snow warning” (https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/1cdf8b5cf8429421c25e976601f2857aa913f690f4f763451380a0c6b1d97065) from “7PM this evening to 1AM Saturday” They are projecting only “1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. The highest accumulations will be inland from the lake across the higher terrain.”

Orchard Park is 873’ above sea level. Not “higher terrain”. As this map shows (https://en-us.topographic-map.com/map-sk3gb3/Orchard-Park/?zoom=12&center=42.73995%2C-78.71876), the “higher terrain” is well east and south of the stadium.

The forecast for Sunday is “A few snow showers around in the morning, otherwise mostly cloudy. High 27F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.”

The field will be completely clear. Relatively small piles of snow will be visible on the sidelines near the stands. There is probably less than a 1% chance this rumor is even close to being true.

Goobylal
11-16-2022, 07:27 AM
No chance, unless they move the Lions game to Black Friday.

Mace
11-16-2022, 08:09 AM
They'd move the game to Detroit if they have to.

Mace
11-16-2022, 08:33 AM
So, where exactly is this “rumor” coming from and who is promoting it??

Sorry, but it’s pretty clear that it’s bullcrap.

As of right now, the Weather Service is posting a “lake effect snow warning” (https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/1cdf8b5cf8429421c25e976601f2857aa913f690f4f763451380a0c6b1d97065) from “7PM this evening to 1AM Saturday” They are projecting only “1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. The highest accumulations will be inland from the lake across the higher terrain.”

Orchard Park is 873’ above sea level. Not “higher terrain”. As this map shows (https://en-us.topographic-map.com/map-sk3gb3/Orchard-Park/?zoom=12&center=42.73995%2C-78.71876), the “higher terrain” is well east and south of the stadium.

The forecast for Sunday is “A few snow showers around in the morning, otherwise mostly cloudy. High 27F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.”

The field will be completely clear. Relatively small piles of snow will be visible on the sidelines near the stands. There is probably less than a 1% chance this rumor is even close to being true.

It's been spoken about here in the actual area by local media. The lake effect snow bands will become stationary in places, depending on the models, which could increase the volume in those areas. The NFL has said it is monitoring it and has spoken to both teams. They probably aren't basing their conclusions on weather dot com. They are also talking about 20 mph wind with 30mph gusts with the obvious blowing and drifting.

We'll know when we know.

sukie
11-16-2022, 08:44 AM
It's been spoken about here in the actual area by local media. The lake effect snow bands will become stationary in places, depending on the models, which could increase the volume in those areas. The NFL has said it is monitoring it and has spoken to both teams. They probably aren't basing their conclusions on weather dot com. They are also talking about 20 mph wind with 30mph gusts with the obvious blowing and drifting.

We'll know when we know.
Any blame on Climate Change?

sahlensguy
11-16-2022, 09:12 AM
Any blame on Climate Change?

The ski resort here opens Friday. That's the earliest opening date since 1996.

sukie
11-16-2022, 10:11 AM
The ski resort here opens Friday. That's the earliest opening date since 1996.
CO2 caused warming… this is fantastic news.

YardRat
11-16-2022, 10:21 AM
IMO the only options are move the game to Cleveland or Detroit, or delay the game until Monday and push the Detroit game to Friday.

The game that got moved to Detroit (IIRC) didn't get moved because the weather was horrible on game day, rather they got so the much snow the day/2 days before they couldn't get the stadium cleaned out in time. Pretty sure they are still calling for the storm to move back toward the Southern Tier over night Saturday.

swiper
11-16-2022, 10:23 AM
CO2 caused warming… this is fantastic news.

I'd like to take your carbon footprint and insert it in your @$$.

Turf
11-16-2022, 12:18 PM
The NE game last year will be worse than this Sunday. 2 ft of snow by Sat, tapering but still snowing some Sunday. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Woodman
11-16-2022, 12:25 PM
No chance, unless they move the Lions game to Black Friday.

Friday might work.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-16-2022, 12:48 PM
I'd love it in Detroit. I'd go living in Michigan!

YardRat
11-16-2022, 10:35 PM
I got about 4-6 inches yesterday after work, most of that on warm spots like the driveway didn't really stick. About 8-10 overnight, though, that accumulated.

Cali512
11-17-2022, 12:47 AM
Just checked and the snow is supposed to stop before sunday. Now its 25 and sunny with a 10% chance of precipitation and around 15-20 mph. So it shouldnt be a **** show

Novacane
11-17-2022, 12:52 AM
The NE game last year will be worse than this Sunday. 2 ft of snow by Sat, tapering but still snowing some Sunday. Nothing we haven't seen before.

But we've become a bunch of pussies.

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2022, 02:01 AM
Just checked and the snow is supposed to stop before sunday. Now its 25 and sunny with a 10% chance of precipitation and around 15-20 mph. So it shouldnt be a **** show
The problem isn't if it snows Sunday or not, it's whether or not they can clear the roads, stadium, parking lots, etc safely in time for Sunday

ParanoidAndroid
11-17-2022, 02:50 AM
I could see them moving the game to a letter slot to allow more time to clear snow.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2022, 03:26 AM
If you're going to move it, move it to Detroit and the team can just stay there through the Thursday game. No need to traipse back to Buffalo. I assume there's somewhere they can practice.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 03:44 AM
If you're going to move it, move it to Detroit and the team can just stay there through the Thursday game. No need to traipse back to Buffalo. I assume there's somewhere they can practice.

Hoping it moves to Detroit. Inclement weather gives a huge advantage to the Browns.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 06:06 AM
Toronto.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 06:11 AM
Rogers Center has a dome and they have hosted NFL games before. :idunno:

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 06:13 AM

Good. We can piss in their sinks, for once.

notacon
11-17-2022, 06:18 AM

We'll know when we know.

Thanks for the local perspective. I’ve been reading the Buffalo News and am seeing some of the same....uh.....concern.

That’s what the media does. And the worry is always that people will not take them seriously because they almost always over blow the situation, so when a very real dangerous event takes place, too many are caught off guard.

Of course the NFL is "monitoring it and has spoken to both teams.” planing for any contingency is what good organizations do.

As I pointed out in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261679-To-Beat-the-Browns?p=4977579&viewfull=1#post4977579)....the snow is expected to stop in OP and a relatively wide area near it 36 hour before the game. The area services are experts on clearing snow in a very short period of time. The biggest challenge is when it keeps on snowing.

The latest reports for OP for Saturday:

“Mainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High 27F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.”

The latest reports for OP for Sat night”

Snow in the evening will give way to lingering snow showers overnight. Low 23F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches."

The latest weather report for OP on Sunday is:

“Partly to mostly cloudy and windy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 27F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.”

The national angst concerning the weather is SO typical of the hysteria that people that don’t have a clue of the realities of WNY talk about. I have been all around the country in my sales management career. When people hear I am from Buffalo, the ignorance comes flooding out.

I patiently try to educate them, usual to no avail.

Most of that misconception is founded on media hysteria.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 06:21 AM
Good. We can piss in their sinks, for once.

We owe em at least that much :monkeyp:

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 06:23 AM
We owe em at least that much :monkeyp:

In droves.

Skooby
11-17-2022, 06:44 AM
Yeah, Hurricane Ian was going to hit Tampa I heard & then it literally stopped just west of where I live. It proceeded to head east, taking its sweet A time going over. The weather people while good for a heads up, don’t really know D. I also just read Detroit for both games is looking likely, so much for home field.

Historian
11-17-2022, 06:46 AM
Game is not going to be changed.

The snow event will be over by kickoff, and we may even see some sun, as it will be 45 by Tuesday and Wednesday.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 06:47 AM
Yeah, Hurricane Ian was going to hit Tampa I heard & then it literally stopped just west of where I live. It proceeded to head east, taking its sweet A time going over. The weather people while good for a heads up, don’t really know D. I also just read Detroit for both games is looking likely, so much for home field.

Detroit under a Dome against a great running team, benefits us much more than having home field advantage in inclement weather. Trust me.

We did pretty good in the Covid year without fans.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 07:38 AM

The snow event will be over by kickoff, and we may even see some sun, as it will be 45 by Tuesday and Wednesday.

Southern tier is getting some ..... Buffalo not so much right now ... very light.

Bill Cody
11-17-2022, 07:51 AM
Detroit under a Dome against a great running team, benefits us much more than having home field advantage in inclement weather. Trust me.

Totally agree

sukie
11-17-2022, 07:57 AM

Who cares about Tuesday or Wednesday of next week?

Woodman
11-17-2022, 07:58 AM

True! :cheers:

Cntrygal
11-17-2022, 08:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL source confirms to me Browns at Bills is being moved to Detroit.</p>&mdash; Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/1593349158303420417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turf
11-17-2022, 08:16 AM
Detroit it is. I still think it's an overreaction which favors and hurts at the same time.

Saratoga Slim
11-17-2022, 08:24 AM
I don't like giving up a home game, no matter what the conditions. Yes, perhaps it's a better matchup for us on turf indoors. But now there's 75,000 people that don't get the memory of seeing the Bills live under memorable conditions.

Wimpy call. I'm embarrassed.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 08:32 AM
I don't like giving up a home game, no matter what the conditions. Yes, perhaps it's a better matchup for us on turf indoors. But now there's 75,000 people that don't get the memory of seeing the Bills live under memorable conditions.

Man, I'm just glad we won't have to witness our wimpy run game.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 08:35 AM

In a dome but it's gonna be in Detroit.

Bill Cody
11-17-2022, 08:37 AM
Who cares about Tuesday or Wednesday of next week?

I do. I have grilled cheese for lunch on Tuesdays. Wednesday pasta for dinner.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 08:41 AM
Detroit it is. I still think it's an overreaction which favors and hurts at the same time.
They had to feel there was really no choice but to move it.

Gotta play the hand we are dealt so :gobills:

Mace
11-17-2022, 08:42 AM
The problem isn't if it snows Sunday or not, it's whether or not they can clear the roads, stadium, parking lots, etc safely in time for Sunday

Plus blowing and drifting with 20-30mph winds, and the Governor closed interstate 90 to commercial traffic through it, so the Browns couldn't truck in their equipment.

Had to do it. Now we'll see how the storm pans out.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 08:57 AM
I do. I have grilled cheese for lunch on Tuesdays. Wednesday pasta for dinner.
Is it fun to know ahead of time?

I never know what until it is.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 09:00 AM
No choice but to move it.

Stay safe and warm Bills fans!

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 09:03 AM
Plus blowing and drifting with 20-30mph winds, and the Governor closed interstate 90 to commercial traffic through it, so the Browns couldn't truck in their equipment.

Had to do it. Now we'll see how the storm pans out.

That's the right call. Couldn't imagine the catastrophe of thousands of fans stuck on the interstate in white out conditions.

Seems it would have been relocated even if we had a dome.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 10:19 AM
That's the right call. Couldn't imagine the catastrophe of thousands of fans stuck on the interstate in white out conditions.

Seems it would have been relocated even if we had a dome.

Good observation. :cheers:

notacon
11-17-2022, 12:02 PM

It IS a “whimpy call”.

When the NFL says (https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-bills-week-11-game-moved-to-detroit-s-ford-field-due-to-snowstorm) "Due to public safety concerns and out of an abundance of caution in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York”, what they are really saying is that…‘We really do not have to do this, but, to stave off any criticism we are going to be pussies and move the game….’

The worst of the snow is going to over by Friday night. I lived in WNY for 63 years and usually the DAY after a heavy snowfall, most of the major roads are very clear....usually just wet.

All day Saturday, the excellent snow clearing services (some of the most experienced and best in the US) will do what they always do....get the roads ready for a return to regular life.

By Sunday morning, it will be like any other Sunday during a Buffalo winter.

Anyway, I get why they are going this. And yeah, it’s probably the right call for liability adverse politicians and NFL.

paladin warrior
11-17-2022, 12:04 PM
Hopefully owner change their mind
need add doom.
Buffalo Bill's won't go to other stadiums if with major snow storm.

paladin warrior
11-17-2022, 12:05 PM
1.4 Billion dollars 🙄 without a doom

Typ0
11-17-2022, 12:11 PM
It IS a “whimpy call”.

When the NFL says (https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-bills-week-11-game-moved-to-detroit-s-ford-field-due-to-snowstorm) "Due to public safety concerns and out of an abundance of caution in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York”, what they are really saying is that…‘We really do not have to do this, but, to stave off any criticism we are going to be pussies and move the game….’

The worst of the snow is going to over by Friday night. I lived in WNY for 63 years and usually the DAY after a heavy snowfall, most of the major roads are very clear....usually just wet.

All day Saturday, the excellent snow clearing services (some of the most experienced and best in the US) will do what they always do....get the roads ready for a return to regular life.

Anyway, I get why they are going this. And yeah, it’s probably the right call for liability adverse politicians and NFL.

Well they have a problem with Thursdays game if they are by chance forced into a situation where they have to postpone the game in buffalo 24 hrs. My thought is they want to protect themselves from having that happen. They wouldn't be able to play this game this week and have to push it further down the schedule. But when?

Mace
11-17-2022, 12:18 PM
It IS a “whimpy call”.

Yeah well, being here it's not the same as you remember, the storm hasn't happened yet, and I don't know I'd want to gleefully head out there at my age to enjoy the experience in 20-30 mph winds if I could make it down my street.

It's kind of crazy for anyone to whine about it, without intending to actually go there and do it, figuring other people just will because it's a memorable hoot in normal bad weather.

I'm kind of sick of people saying things are like they used to be on memory, because it's just not like that any more, and people are whining without the storm people here need to experience even happening yet. Get a frigging grip it's a football game.

YardRat
11-17-2022, 12:34 PM
I had another 6" of snow in my driveway when I got home from work, and ran the snowblower again. There is about another four in there again already (in about three hours). That puts me in the 22" to 26" range in a little over 24 hours, and all of the weather reports were indicating we would be on the fringe of the storm and experience the lower end of the snow totals compared to the lake shore, Buffalo and the southtowns.

We are used to it, but if this thing really ramps up across the lake, solidifies and sits over the city/suburbs for any extended period of time (like a couple of days) the totals are going to be way too much for them to handle.

notacon
11-17-2022, 12:50 PM
Yeah well, being here it's not the same as you remember, the storm hasn't happened yet, and I don't know I'd want to gleefully head out there at my age to enjoy the experience in 20-30 mph winds if I could make it down my street.

It's kind of crazy for anyone to whine about it, without intending to actually go there and do it, figuring other people just will because it's a memorable hoot in normal bad weather.

I'm kind of sick of people saying things are like they used to be on memory, because it's just not like that any more, and people are whining without the storm people here need to experience even happening yet. Get a frigging grip it's a football game.

Oh....such a martyr. :D:

I was driving in terrible white out conditions snow fall just a couple of years ago. My memory is just fine. Like I said earlier, I drove up to 60,000 miles a year and an average of over 30,000 miles in Upstate NY (and close by states) for 30 years. I’ve seen it all. Got stranded in my car for a full night once.

And yeah, I feel for you (seriously) for not "want to gleefully head out there at my age to enjoy the experience in 20-30 mph winds if I could make it down my street.”.

That reality is why I left the area upon retirement. I’ve had my fill of that crap.

So now, you have no chance of going to the game, while Cleveland fans easily flock into the close Detroit stadium. While the Bills STILL are traveling in the crappy weather, flying out of Buffalo Sat afternoon.

That’s a hell of a lot worse than having to travel to the stadium where many of them live very close by. The Bills got royally screwed.

Listen, I get why they did this. But the negative effects are several....the Bills get only seven home games and ten road games. They have a MUCH worse (and stressful) effort to get to the stadium they are going to play in as compared to OP.....and worse is that this just adds to the national negative perception of Buffalo.

It’s a real thing. Not sure if you travel much, but I did for over 30 years, all over the country. The reaction I got every time I mention I was from Buffalo was universally negative.

This will make Buffalo the butt of even more jokes and mockery.

Buffalo gets **** on again.

paladin warrior
11-17-2022, 01:00 PM
It IS a “whimpy call”.

Anyway, I get why they are going this. And yeah, it’s probably the right call for liability adverse politicians and NFL. In 1950 My parents used be live in New york . I was born in peekskill in Ny. All my family move out Ny . Because My parents hate Blizzard snow storm. Cause too much pain in the a $ $ . Walked in
blizzard and shoveled snow drive way and shoveled snow out car tire . Keep warm in the house and in the car. And drove in ice and crushed and can't stop . Rusty under the car from salt on the road .

YardRat
11-17-2022, 10:33 PM

It's kind of boggling that anybody that has spent any significant time in WNY downplays or doesn't understand lake effect.

Right now the band is hanging over the southtowns, and has widened a bit. Travel ban in Buffalo and southtowns, travel advisory in northern 'burbs. (According to WGRZ).

Night Train
11-18-2022, 12:01 AM
Northern burbs where I live is barely touched. Maybe 3-4 inches of snow in spots ? Streets clear.

Awaiting maybe a foot Friday night/Sat. morning.

With ban moving back and forth, I'm sure some people will have a clear thruway path to Detroit for Sunday. The snow supposedly dies Saturday night.

Bills flying back Sunday night and returning to Detroit on Wed.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 12:11 AM
Northern burbs where I live is barely touched. Maybe 3-4 inches of snow in spots ? Streets clear.

Awaiting maybe a foot Friday night/Sat. morning.

With ban moving back and forth, I'm sure some people will have a clear thruway path to Detroit for Sunday. The snow supposedly dies Saturday night.

Bills flying back Sunday night and returning to Detroit on Wed.
So the coast is clear.

I'm comfortable on my couch. :D

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 01:18 AM
Is it fun to know ahead of time?

I never know what until it is.

Yes. Breakfast and lunch I know what I'm having every day, dinner varies. Routines are comforting in my opinion. Give it a try.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 02:34 AM
Yes. Breakfast and lunch I know what I'm having every day, dinner varies. Routines are comforting in my opinion. Give it a try.

My wife would never go for it.

We go out too much.

paladin warrior
11-18-2022, 05:24 AM
I have a question. Buffalo Bill's is going to lion stadium because bad blizzard & heavy snow. And Buffalo Bill's fans are mad and angry. Do Buffalo Bill's fans get money back or refund $$ .

Albany,n.y.
11-18-2022, 07:27 AM
I have a question. Buffalo Bill's is going to lion stadium because bad blizzard & heavy snow. And Buffalo Bill's fans are mad and angry. Do Buffalo Bill's fans get money back or refund $$ .

Of course they do. All ticket holders can get a refund, although season ticket holders can get a credit on their account if they choose. While the reputable secondary marketplaces will be offering refunds, if you bought the ticket from an individual at inflated prices you could have a problem.

Skooby
11-18-2022, 04:35 PM
Thinking you’ll be flying out Saturday if the snows persist, well that might move the game until at least Sunday night & maybe Monday. I think the Bills don’t get to leave until Sunday night, forcing a Monday game. I think the league will be forced to shift the Bills to Thursday night. This is just a guess, nothing concrete.

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 01:32 AM
Forfeit and take the L.

Rest and beat the Lions.

A stressed out human body should not play two games under these conditions, so close together. Players will get injured.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2022, 02:09 AM
Forfeit and take the L.

Yeah...no.

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 02:13 AM
Yeah...no.

If we go 2-0 over the next six days without the injuries from stressed players, I'll be wrong.

Woodman
11-19-2022, 02:16 AM
Forfeit and take the L.

Rest and beat the Lions.

A stressed out human body should not play two games under these conditions, so close together. Players will get injured.
Instead I believe the league reworks the schedule to allow them to play.

How they do that :idunno:

Woodman
11-19-2022, 02:18 AM
Instead I believe the league reworks the schedule to allow them to play.

How they do that :idunno:

Sunday game moved to MNF doubleheader.
Maybe the Turkey Day game just gets moved to Saturday.
Bottom line it's a mess that needs to be dealt with.