PDA

View Full Version : It's official: The Bills will play two games in Detroit

Cntrygal
11-17-2022, 08:19 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL source confirms to me Browns at Bills is being moved to Detroit.</p>&mdash; Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/1593349158303420417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
11-17-2022, 08:21 AM
Interesting 2 str8.

:gobills:

BuffaloBlitz83
11-17-2022, 08:22 AM
Interested in how to get tix. I live in Michigan! It'll be cheap

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 08:23 AM
Great!

Woodman
11-17-2022, 08:25 AM
So my guess we could just stay and practice right there for the Thanksgiving Day game or not?

Cntrygal
11-17-2022, 08:28 AM
This seems appropriate...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There’s an indoor carnival in Ford Field on Friday that must be dismantlef for Browns-Bills on Sunday. <a href="https://t.co/DaW59oVndd">pic.twitter.com/DaW59oVndd</a></p>&mdash; Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) <a href="https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/1593353886072418304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bill Cody
11-17-2022, 08:31 AM
So my guess we could just stay and practice right there for the Thanksgiving Day game or not?

Not sure where right there is. The Lions will be using Ford Field. Unless they can work something out between the teams to alternate.

Prov401
11-17-2022, 08:58 AM
Awesome news. Didn't want to see a repeat of the Bills/pats game of last year with an expected 30mph winds.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 09:13 AM
Not sure where right there is. The Lions will be using Ford Field. Unless they can work something out between the teams to alternate.
Fly back and forth. :idunno:

Woodman
11-17-2022, 09:21 AM
Awesome news. Didn't want to see a repeat of the Bills/pats game of last year with an expected 30mph winds.

That would have indeed sucked.

sahlensguy
11-17-2022, 09:22 AM
Fly back and forth. :idunno:

Hopefully they can get back Sunday or it's going to be an even shorter turnaround.

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2022, 09:22 AM
Hopefully tickets are reasonable, I will likely go

Woodman
11-17-2022, 09:36 AM
Hopefully they can get back Sunday or it's going to be an even shorter turnaround.

Strange strange circumstances not predictable.

Let's go Buffalo!

Cntrygal
11-17-2022, 09:45 AM
:cynic:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills GM Brandon Beane: The plan is for the Bills to fly to Detroit on Saturday, return after the game Sunday, then back to Detroit on Wednesday for Thursday&#39;s game.</p>&mdash; Sal Capaccio �� (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1593373845687255043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
11-17-2022, 10:14 AM

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 273px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOlsibGlua3RyLmVlIiwidHIuZWUiLCJ0ZXJyYS5jb20uYnIiLCJ3d3cubGlua3RyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRlcnJhLmNvbS5iciJdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdGltZWxpbmVfMTIwMzQiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidHJlYXRtZW50IiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2JhY2tlbmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3JlZnNyY19zZXNzaW9uIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19jaGluX3BpbGxzXzE0NzQxIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6ImNvbG9yX2ljb25zIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0 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 9LCJ0Zndfc2hvd19ibHVlX3ZlcmlmaWVkX2JhZGdlIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2Zyb250ZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1593373845687255043&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F261700-It-s-official-The-Bills-will-play-two-games-in-Detroit&sessionId=68adf709690e1a8c94b51ccd55e99f6ec7519d05&theme=light&widgetsVersion=a3525f077c700%3A1667415560940&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1593373845687255043"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ok that answers that question.

Let's Go Buffalo!!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.644279d1635fd969e87af94a98bd232b.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

notacon
11-17-2022, 11:54 AM
Jesus.

When the NFL says (https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-bills-week-11-game-moved-to-detroit-s-ford-field-due-to-snowstorm) "Due to public safety concerns and out of an abundance of caution in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York”, what they are really saying is that…

‘We really do not have to do this, but, to stave off any criticism we are going to be pussies and move the game….’

The result is giving the Browns as close to a home field advantage (drive from Cleveland to Ford Field is about 2:40….I’ve done that drive from Cleveland to Detroit…it’s easy) they can.

The Bills were already playing more away games because of the rotation from the result of 17 game season.

This year the Bills will have only seven home games and TEN away. Cleveland is the opposite. TEN (virtually) home games and only seven away.

The same NFL that allows an obscene and dangerous home field advantage on sunny September and early October games where the visiting team sideline is over 120 degrees, while the home side is at least 30 degrees cooler.

The Buffalo Bills get screwed again.

But, with the game in a dome, Josh has no excuses and has two games in a row against relatively weak opposition and perfect field conditions.

Nice set up to work his way out of his two and a half game slump.

sukie
11-17-2022, 12:23 PM
I kinda like the idea of not playing in 20 mph winds with 38 mph gusts… Weather.com

that weather favors the visiting team that has a running back or 2 and a running game.

Mace
11-17-2022, 12:29 PM
I kinda like the idea of not playing in 20 mph winds with 38 mph gusts… Weather.com

that weather favors the visiting team that has a running back or 2 and a running game.

It's kind of great advocating a bad weather game when you don't mean to put on gloves or drive to it.

OpIv37
11-17-2022, 12:33 PM
Jesus.

When the NFL says (https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-bills-week-11-game-moved-to-detroit-s-ford-field-due-to-snowstorm) "Due to public safety concerns and out of an abundance of caution in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York”, what they are really saying is that…

‘We really do not have to do this, but, to stave off any criticism we are going to be pussies and move the game….’

The result is giving the Browns as close to a home field advantage (drive from Cleveland to Ford Field is about 2:40….I’ve done that drive from Cleveland to Detroit…it’s easy) they can.

The Bills were already playing more away games because of the rotation from the result of 17 game season.

This year the Bills will have only seven home games and TEN away. Cleveland is the opposite. TEN (virtually) home games and only seven away.

The same NFL that allows an obscene and dangerous home field advantage on sunny September and early October games where the visiting team sideline is over 120 degrees, while the home side is at least 30 degrees cooler.

But, with the game in a dome, Josh has no excuses and has two games in a row against relatively weak opposition and perfect field conditions.

Disagree. This works in our favor. Home field did **** all for us last week. We’re a pass happy team that does poorly defending the run. Their strength is the run. Being indoors helps us.

notacon
11-17-2022, 12:46 PM
Funny, but the weather is not bad enough for the Bills to be planning on flying to Detroit on Saturday afternoon....and fly BACK to Buffalo after the game on Sunday. :rolleyes:

According to ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35048022/nfl-moves-browns-bills-game-detroit-due-snow-storm), the NFL admits that the conditions on game day in OP has nothing to do with the decision...

League spokesperson Brian McCarthy confirmed that the move had nothing to do with the Bills' stadium being an outdoor facility without a dome and said the priority is that resources not be diverted from the community.

Another mealy mouthed whimp out. The “resources” of WNY will do what they ALWAYS do.....clear the roads and get back to relative normal life very quickly after it stops snowing.

The snow is supposed to stop Sat morning.

This decision is going to add to the national negative perception of Buffalo.

kgun12
11-17-2022, 01:00 PM
Jeez, the attendance isn’t going to be great for the Bills/Browns game in Detroit. They should have moved it to Syracuse. Probably would have had better attendance and it would have be some revenue for Syracuse/ NYS!

TacklingDummy
11-17-2022, 01:06 PM
Everything that could go wrong with the season, is going wrong with the season.

Woodman
11-17-2022, 01:22 PM

It's time to turn around and start going in a positive direction.

Novacane
11-17-2022, 01:23 PM
Disagree. This works in our favor. Home field did **** all for us last week. We’re a pass happy team that does poorly defending the run. Their strength is the run. Being indoors helps us.

I agree.

Billscusey
11-17-2022, 01:36 PM
Jesus.

Hey, can you PLEASE stop all that LOSER talk!

Woodman
11-17-2022, 02:08 PM
Jeez, the attendance isn’t going to be great for the Bills/Browns game in Detroit. They should have moved it to Syracuse. Probably would have had better attendance and it would have be some revenue for Syracuse/ NYS!

Wonder if they even considered it.

cookie G
11-17-2022, 02:44 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bills GM Brandon Beane: The plan is for the Bills to fly to Detroit on Saturday, return after the game Sunday, then back to Detroit on Wednesday for Thursday's game.</p>— Sal Capaccio �� (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1593373845687255043?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flying out on Sat when the blizzard is projected to be at its worst?

I take it they've been in contact with Rudolph?

Ed
11-17-2022, 03:33 PM
Sucks for me. I have tickets to this game and was at the airport getting ready to board my flight when I saw the announcement. This was going to be my first time back at a home game in 15 or so years.

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2022, 04:57 PM

And we're still 6-3.

YardRat
11-17-2022, 10:28 PM
Flying out on Sat when the blizzard is projected to be at its worst?

I take it they've been in contact with Rudolph?

It's supposed to be OK for North Buffalo and 'above', so they have the option to fly out of Niagara Falls also.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 12:06 AM
It's supposed to be OK for North Buffalo and 'above', so they have the option to fly out of Niagara Falls also.

That's at least encouraging.

What a strange season it's been so far.

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 01:38 AM

It's only a 4 hour drive. They could take a bus.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-18-2022, 02:58 AM
exactly what i was thinking
they aren't exactly going to san francisco or anything.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 03:24 AM

It would be a bit more complicated, as they'd have to go through Canada, and clear customs. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, but it would probably take closer to 5-6 hours

cookie G
11-18-2022, 03:25 AM

They could always charter sa C130 Hercules and do an air drop into the stadium.

<iframe width="650" height="366" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uHtdIuYgdT8" title="Navy Seals' Insane Parachute Jump Into Football Stadium ��" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But then, they'd have to convert the roof on Ford Field to retractable by Sunday morning. It might be possible, but they have a charity event going on there now.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 03:45 AM
And we're still 6-3.

Which is good enough for 3rd in the div and 6th in the conference, for a team that's supposedly the SB favorite.

Night Train
11-18-2022, 04:01 AM
Which is good enough for 3rd in the div and 6th in the conference, for a team that's supposedly the SB favorite.

Didn't realize the regular season was over. Nice to see all the other teams won out. Heck of a narrative.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 04:05 AM
Didn't realize the regular season was over. Nice to see all the other teams won out. Heck of a narrative.

It's not a narrative. It's just reality. We're playing like garbage and all the other teams at the top of the div/conf keep winning.

Jeff1220
11-18-2022, 04:13 AM
Steve Tasker was saying on OBL that he has like 25 familly members/visitors in from Alaska and staying with him for the game. That's gotta suck.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 04:30 AM
Steve Tasker was saying on OBL that he has like 25 familly members/visitors in from Alaska and staying with him for the game. That's gotta suck.
Nothing stopping him from getting them down to Detroit

notacon
11-18-2022, 04:34 AM
Hey, can you PLEASE stop all that LOSER talk!

:rofl: :rofl: Nice try, but a huge FAIL.

Shows that you don’t comprehend what “loser talk” actually is.

notacon
11-18-2022, 04:39 AM
Huh???

Just because Syracuse has a dome does not change the mindset and why the game was moved from Orchard Park.

It has nothing to do with field conditions. It has to do (from what all the public reports are) people getting to and from the game.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 04:42 AM
Some of the pictures, and it's only supposed to get worse, of the snow are insane.

Honestly, how are the Bills going to get out of there? Someone asked McD about the possibility of the league moving the game to later Sunday, in the case that the Bills have to fly to Detroit Sunday morning.

What a gigantic mess

sukie
11-18-2022, 04:54 AM
:rofl: :rofl: Nice try, but a huge FAIL.

Shows that you don’t comprehend what “loser talk” actually is.
Talk from a loser?

notacon
11-18-2022, 05:03 AM

I disagree with your disagreement.

It’s not just about this individual game. With the reality that the snow is stopping on Saturday....the field (if they played the game as scheduled) would be completely clear and the weather at game time is not bad at all....

“Partly cloudy and windy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 26F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.”

Josh is 100% capable of conducting a passing game in Nov, Dec and Jan Buffalo conditions. That’s one of the reasons they drafted him.. What you are basically saying is that the Bills should not play in Buffalo at all.

But, I am pointing to a different metric. Away games are a strain on teams, beyond the crowd support. And there WILL be many more Brown’s fans than Bills fans. This is like a Cleveland home game.

The Bills are out of their usual home routine....and traveling is always more stressful than not. THIS game has them with exponentially more stressful travel plans as they are (incredibly) planning a plane ride in the middle of a lake effect snow storm????

Uhhhhh.....THEN, they are going to turn around and fly back to Buffalo on Sunday, and then fly BACK to Detroit on Wed.

Sorry, but this is a HUGE negative. It WILL have an effect on the Thanksgiving game.

Beyond the competitive implications, the mockery and negative advertisements for the Buffalo area will last forever.

With all that said, I don’t care if the game was played in Orchard Park or Detroit vs Cleveland. I don’t care if Cleveland has a strong running game, and the Bills do NOT “does poorly defending the run”. The FACT is that the Bills are ranked #7 in the NFL in defense against the run. And that was was with the Bills welcoming the Packers running late in the game.

The Bills did not lose their three games because they “do poorly against the run”. They lost those games because Josh Allen made HUGE mistakes in the red zone.

This game is ALL about how Josh Allen digs himself out of his brain-fart slump.

Like I said, "with the game in a dome, Josh has no excuses and has two games in a row against relatively weak opposition and perfect field conditions.

Nice set up to work his way out of his two and a half game slump.”.

I expect a BIG win by the Bills. Just like I expected a BIG win if the game was being played on Buffalo.

notacon
11-18-2022, 05:04 AM
Talk from a loser?
Nope. Try again.

sukie
11-18-2022, 05:22 AM
Pretty sure I’m correct.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 05:29 AM
I disagree with your disagreement.

It’s not just about this individual game. With the reality that the snow is stopping on Saturday....the field (if they played the game as scheduled) would be completely clear and the weather at game time is not bad at all....

“Partly cloudy and windy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 26F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.”

Josh is 100% capable of conducting a passing game in Nov, Dec and Jan Buffalo conditions. That’s one of the reasons they drafted him.. What you are basically saying is that the Bills should not play in Buffalo at all.

But, I am pointing to a different metric. Away games are a strain on teams, beyond the crowd support. And there WILL be many more Brown’s fans than Bills fans. This is like a Cleveland home game.

The Bills are out of their usual home routine....and traveling is always more stressful than not. THIS game has them with exponentially more stressful travel plans as they are (incredibly) planning a plane ride in the middle of a lake effect snow storm????

Uhhhhh.....THEN, they are going to turn around and fly back to Buffalo on Sunday, and then fly BACK to Detroit on Wed.

Sorry, but this is a HUGE negative. It WILL have an effect on the Thanksgiving game.

Beyond the competitive implications, the mockery and negative advertisements for the Buffalo area will last forever.

With all that said, I don’t care if the game was played in Orchard Park or Detroit vs Cleveland. I don’t care if Cleveland has a strong running game, and the Bills do NOT “does poorly defending the run”. The FACT is that the Bills are ranked #7 in the NFL in defense against the run. And that was was with the Bills welcoming the Packers running late in the game.

The Bills did not lose their three games because they “do poorly against the run”. They lost those games because Josh Allen made HUGE mistakes in the red zone.

This game is ALL about how Josh Allen digs himself out of his brain-fart slump.

Like I said, "with the game in a dome, Josh has no excuses and has two games in a row against relatively weak opposition and perfect field conditions.

Nice set up to work his way out of his two and a half game slump.”.

I expect a BIG win by the Bills. Just like I expected a BIG win if the game was being played on Buffalo.

What? When we lost to NE at home last year, you blamed it on the weather. Now you're saying that it's not a factor? Make up your mind.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 05:32 AM
Huh???

Just because Syracuse has a dome does not change the mindset and why the game was moved from Orchard Park.

It has nothing to do with field conditions. It has to do (from what all the public reports are) people getting to and from the game.

Huh?

Syracuse is only getting a dusting of snow. The lake effect is coming off of Erie, not Ontario. There would be no problem getting people around Syracuse, and it would definitely be a home crowd.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 05:53 AM
Huh?

Syracuse is only getting a dusting of snow. The lake effect is coming off of Erie, not Ontario. There would be no problem getting people around Syracuse, and it would definitely be a home crowd.

My guess, is the NFL only wants to use NFL venues, for whatever reasons.

It's the only plausible explanation.

notacon
11-18-2022, 05:57 AM
What? When we lost to NE at home last year, you blamed it on the weather. Now you're saying that it's not a factor? Make up your mind.

Sorry, but hurricane winds are not the same as what would have been in OP this Sunday.

notacon
11-18-2022, 05:59 AM
Huh?

The situation at and near Buffalo is all about traveling to the stadium. That does not change to travel from Buffalo to Syracuse.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A Tale of Two Ends: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WNY?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WNY</a> (left) is getting hammered with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/lakeeffectsnow?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#lakeeffectsnow</a>. Some parts have accumulated more than THREE FEET already. Meanwhile, the Berkshires in eastern New York (right), no snow in sight and a beautiful sunrise. About 350 miles separate the two. <a href="https://t.co/D7EFpJGWol">pic.twitter.com/D7EFpJGWol</a></p>&mdash; NYS Thruway Authority (@NYSThruway) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYSThruway/status/1593677157317976064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notacon
11-18-2022, 06:04 AM

I almost forgot....playing (last seasons) against a blazingly HOT NE team on a SIX GAME win streak, coming into to Buffalo with a 8-4 record, with Bill as HC, is a whole different solar system than meeting the Brownies, losers of five of their last six games, and with a 3-6 record.

It’s called “situational football”. The situation THIS game is nothing whatsoever like the NE game last year.

Kaziganth
11-18-2022, 06:34 AM
Just win the f**king game!

GO BILLS!!!!!!

sahlensguy
11-18-2022, 06:46 AM
nota: Beyond the competitive implications, the mockery and negative advertisements for the Buffalo area will last forever.

Huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Just win the f**king game!

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Right!?!

sukie
11-18-2022, 06:52 AM
Huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Right!?!

Buffalo known as snow capitol of a frozen hell because a storm in 1977 and Johnny Carson’s writers.

sahlensguy
11-18-2022, 07:01 AM
Buffalo known as snow capitol of a frozen hell because a storm in 1977 and Johnny Carson’s writers.

That was eons ago.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 07:03 AM
The situation at and near Buffalo is all about traveling to the stadium. That does not change to travel from Buffalo to Syracuse.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A Tale of Two Ends: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WNY?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WNY</a> (left) is getting hammered with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/lakeeffectsnow?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#lakeeffectsnow</a>. Some parts have accumulated more than THREE FEET already. Meanwhile, the Berkshires in eastern New York (right), no snow in sight and a beautiful sunrise. About 350 miles separate the two. <a href="https://t.co/D7EFpJGWol">pic.twitter.com/D7EFpJGWol</a></p>— NYS Thruway Authority (@NYSThruway) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYSThruway/status/1593677157317976064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

well, obviously people from Buffalo can't travel. People from Rochester and Syracuse can, though. And, you wouldn't have tens of thousands of people who aren't already in Buffalo coming to Buffalo.

OpIv37
11-18-2022, 07:06 AM
I almost forgot....playing (last seasons) against a blazingly HOT NE team on a SIX GAME win streak, coming into to Buffalo with a 8-4 record, with Bill as HC, is a whole different solar system than meeting the Brownies, losers of five of their last six games, and with a 3-6 record.

It’s called “situational football”. The situation THIS game is nothing whatsoever like the NE game last year.

That doesn't change the fact that you selectively use weather as an excuse. Also, I predicted we'd lose that game and you kept telling me how NE wasn't good anymore and how their time was up, blah blah blah. Now, you're saying that NE squad we played last year is good. Which is it?

TacklingDummy
11-18-2022, 07:32 AM
Please rethink the stadium and put a ****ing roof on it.

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 08:01 AM

well to be fair 95" of snow a year is a lot

sukie
11-18-2022, 08:13 AM
well to be fair 95" of snow a year is a lot

But it didn’t start in 77 and that during that storm only like 9 inches or less fell from the sky (the rest blew in after falling on lake ice) but Carson cracked some jokes…

Rochester gets more annually.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2022, 08:19 AM
But it didn’t start in 77 and that during that storm only like 9 inches or less fell from the sky (the rest blew in after falling on lake ice) but Carson cracked some jokes…

First # is days, 2nd # is inches. On average.

Old Forge 69.5 177.3″
Syracuse 66.4 123.8″
Colden –.- 116.4″
Watertown 43.4 112.1″
Lake Placid 53.6 103.0″
Rochester 69.5 99.5″
Jamestown 42.5 97.5″
Buffalo 61.0 94.7″
North Creek 49.2 90.9″
Utica 56.5 88.3″
Binghamton 64.5 83.4″
Niagara Falls 52.8 76.1″
Massena 52.4 69.4″
Glens Falls 31.5 68.0″
Ithaca 43.9 64.4″
Saratoga Springs 26.8 62.4″
Albany 34.8 59.1″
Elmira 21.2 37.9″
Poughkeepsie 13.5 32.8″
New York City, Central Park 11.1 25.1″

Woodman
11-18-2022, 01:37 PM
First # is days, 2nd # is inches. On average.

Old Forge 69.5 177.3″
Syracuse 66.4 123.8″
Colden –.- 116.4″
Watertown 43.4 112.1″
Lake Placid 53.6 103.0″
Rochester 69.5 99.5″
Jamestown 42.5 97.5″
Buffalo 61.0 94.7″
North Creek 49.2 90.9″
Utica 56.5 88.3″
Binghamton 64.5 83.4″
Niagara Falls 52.8 76.1″
Massena 52.4 69.4″
Glens Falls 31.5 68.0″
Ithaca 43.9 64.4″
Saratoga Springs 26.8 62.4″
Albany 34.8 59.1″
Elmira 21.2 37.9″
Poughkeepsie 13.5 32.8″
New York City, Central Park 11.1 25.1″

:D: :D I like those numbers!

kgun12
11-18-2022, 01:52 PM
Located east of Lake Ontatio, the Tug Hill region sees roughly 200 inches of snow, on average, each year.

kgun12
11-19-2022, 01:49 AM
This seems appropriate...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There’s an indoor carnival in Ford Field on Friday that must be dismantlef for Browns-Bills on Sunday. <a href="https://t.co/DaW59oVndd">pic.twitter.com/DaW59oVndd</a></p>— Tony Grossi (@TonyGrossi) <a href="https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/1593353886072418304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you go a few blocks down the street there is a completely different type of carnival, but it’s not very entertaining!

kgun12
11-19-2022, 02:46 AM
Hey on a serious note, because the Bills will miss a home game and all the revenue from it, can they tell ask the NFL to bypass them for any of those silly overseas games for a couple years?

notacon
11-19-2022, 03:57 AM
well, obviously people from Buffalo can't travel. People from Rochester and Syracuse can, though. And, you wouldn't have tens of thousands of people who aren't already in Buffalo coming to Buffalo.
Are you still going on about this????

It’s all a moot point because the Syracuse dome is not suitable for a NFL game. The NFL did not even consider it back in 2014....and all that’s happened since then is it’s gotten older and even less suitable.

The Carrier Dome Isn't NFL-Ready. Does That Matter?
We found out Thursday that the NFL wouldn't even look in the direction of the Carrier Dome as a replacement for the Bills-Jets game, allegedly because it's not up to snuff. The question now, is...is that proof the Dome needs to be replaced or is just the obvious truth? (https://www.nunesmagician.com/2014/11/21/7257733/carrier-dome-nfl-bills-jets-syracuse)

notacon
11-19-2022, 04:05 AM
That doesn't change the fact that you selectively use weather as an excuse. Also, I predicted we'd lose that game and you kept telling me how NE wasn't good anymore and how their time was up, blah blah blah. Now, you're saying that NE squad we played last year is good. Which is it?

False. You are lamely trying too hard.

And you are lying when you say "I predicted we'd lose that game and you kept telling me how NE wasn't good anymore and how their time was up”....that is simply not true.

YOU were the one who lionized Bill Belichick, opining that he had magical powers over the Bills and there was little chance the Bills would beat them. And you whined about that (before the hurricane game in Buffalo)....and the only reason the Bills lost that game was because of the extraordinary weather conditions.

You predicted that the there was NO WAY the Bills would beat NE in the rematch in NE, and they went on the clean their clock. Exactly like I said they would.

DO I really have to go through all your dopey, silly, lame predictions????? That have turned out to be WRONG about 90% of the time?!?!?!?!

ESPECIALLY the incredibly stupid prediction of the Bills starting THIS season 2-5. (when I predicted the opposite, that they would go 5-2 at the least!!!!)

Give it up. You are embarrassing yourself.

It’s YOU that has the shifting excuses for your constant loser talk.

notacon
11-19-2022, 04:24 AM
Please rethink the stadium and put a ****ing roof on it.

Fat chance. The REAL mistake is building the new stadium in literally the WORST location possible....for all kinds of reasons which I have detailed many times.

But ESPECIALLY, building it in the MIDDLE OF THE SNOW BET is stupid, stupid, stupid.

The list of snowfall by area from the National Weather Service (https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BUF&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off) from this morning....

Orchard Park - 77.0 in
Hamburg - 73.7 in
2 SW Blasdell - 65.0 in
Elma - 58.2 in
1 SW West Seneca - 49.0 in
East Aurora (https://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=Aurora) 0.1 ENE- 47.5 in
Angola - 46.0 in
Boston - 43.7 in
West Seneca - 43.1 in
Wales - 42.0 in
Eden - 41.7 in
2 SE West Seneca - 40.0 in
East Aurora (https://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=Aurora) 2.7 SSE - 39.2 in
1 SSW West Seneca - 38.0 in
Colden 1.4 NNW - 37.8 in
Colden 1W - 37.8 in
1 WNW Alden - 34.5 in
Alden - 34.0 in
3 ENE Holland - 33.5 in
1 ESE Sloan - 31.0 in
1 SE Lackawanna - 31.0 in
Buffalo Airport - 30.2 in
2 S Snyder - 29.0 in
1 N Cheektowaga - 28.0 in
Glenwood 1.5 SE - 27.0 in
Williamsville 3.8 E - 26.5 in
2 NNW Cheektowaga - 26.0 in
2 WSW (https://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=WSW) Millgrove - 26.0 in
1 S Buffalo - 26.0 in
Lancaster - 25.5 in
Glenwood 1.0 SE - 25.4 in
2 SE Lancaster - 24.0 in
1 N Lancaster - 22.0 in
1 ENE Buffalo - 22.0 in
2 W Snyder - 22.0 in
Cheektowaga 2.4 NW - 21.0 in
Akron 2.4 S - 18.5 in
Snyder 0.6 SW - 17.3 in
1 NW Williamsville - 16.4 in
2 ESE Harris Hill - 15.0 in
Buffalo 1.2 WNW - 13.6 in
East Amherst 1.3 WSW (https://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=WSW) - 10.7 in
Kenmore 0.3 ESE - 9.4 in
East Amherst 1.2 WNW - 9.0 in
1 ENE Kenmore - 9.0 in
Kenmore 0.8 NW - 7.6 in
Buffalo 3.9 N - 7.5 in
Amherst 5.4 NNE - 6.4 in
Tonawanda 3.1 NE - 3.3 in

Cntrygal
11-19-2022, 08:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There were 56K tickets sold in less than 48 hours to Sunday’s Cleveland-Buffalo game in Detroit — mostly, of course, to Bills’ fans.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1594074134908059648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
11-19-2022, 08:34 AM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 273px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOlsibGlua3RyLmVlIiwidHIuZWUiLCJ0ZXJyYS5jb20uYnIiLCJ3d3cubGlua3RyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRlcnJhLmNvbS5iciJdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdGltZWxpbmVfMTIwMzQiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidHJlYXRtZW50IiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2JhY2tlbmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3JlZnNyY19zZXNzaW9uIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19jaGluX3BpbGxzXzE0NzQxIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6ImNvbG9yX2ljb25zIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0 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 9LCJ0Zndfc2hvd19ibHVlX3ZlcmlmaWVkX2JhZGdlIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2Zyb250ZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1594074134908059648&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F261700-It-s-official-The-Bills-will-play-two-games-in-Detroit%2Fpage4&sessionId=f21b122f39608dff3c27ee84dcc8fd495fa50801&theme=light&widgetsVersion=a3525f077c700%3A1667415560940&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1594074134908059648"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The Mafia!!

:gobills:<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.644279d1635fd969e87af94a98bd232b.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.644279d1635fd969e87af94a98bd232b.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

TacklingDummy
11-19-2022, 09:55 AM
There is no franchise in all of sports that deserves a championship more than the Bills and their fans.

The NFL needs to get the Refs on the same page.

Turf
11-19-2022, 02:34 PM

In lived in Lockport and walked through waist high snow in the middle of the street in 77 and I'm over 6 ft. I'm not sure what you're alluding to but it wasn't snow blowing in off the lake 25 miles away. It was snowing.

sukie
11-19-2022, 02:54 PM
In lived in Lockport and walked through waist high snow in the middle of the street in 77 and I'm over 6 ft. I'm not sure what you're alluding to but it wasn't snow blowing in off the lake 25 miles away. It was snowing.
12.3 inches fell at the Buffalo airport during the 5 day event in 1977. There were 30 inches on the ground already and the lake froze early… also with 30 inches… the wind blew it into WNY with drifts up to 30 feet.

Turf
11-19-2022, 03:32 PM
12.3 inches fell at the Buffalo airport during the 5 day event in 1977. There were 30 inches on the ground already and the lake froze early… also with 30 inches… the wind blew it into WNY with drifts up to 30 feet.

I'm not talking about Buffalo airport. There's no way and additional 6+ or 25+ feet of snow blew in off the lake 25+ miles away.