PDA

View Full Version : Bills cancel today’s practice due to snow

Woodman
11-18-2022, 12:14 AM
The snowstorm that moved Sunday’s Browns-Bills game out of Buffalo is also keeping the Bills from practicing today.

The Bills announced that today’s practice has been cancelled due to weather, and Bills players and coaches will meet virtually.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/18/bills-cancel-todays-practice-due-to-snow/

Mad Bomber
11-18-2022, 12:28 AM
If this storm continues into Saturday and they get 4-6 ft of snow, will they even be able to get out of Buffalo?

Woodman
11-18-2022, 12:32 AM
If this storm continues into Saturday and they get 4-6 ft of snow, will they even be able to get out of Buffalo?
Very good question.

DraftBoy
11-18-2022, 12:35 AM

I didn’t get why they were waiting till Saturday and the worst of the storm reportedly to try and leave.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 12:37 AM
I didn’t get why they were waiting till Saturday and the worst of the storm reportedly to try and leave.

Maybe since they cancelled practice anyway they should have considered getting out asap.

TheConsigliere
11-18-2022, 12:41 AM
The Family will NOT accept this as the truth until Mr. Spartacus confirms that there is NO conspiracy in this allegation that the Bills may or may NOT have cancelled today's practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-L0NpaErkk&ab_channel=elvis633

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 01:04 AM
Dumbasses, get out of there today.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 01:07 AM
Dumbasses, get out of there today.

:cheers:

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 01:08 AM

They're going to fly a virtual plane and play the Browns on Madden

Night Train
11-18-2022, 01:15 AM
Tonight, the band moves north. Buffalo Airport Charters is off Wherle Drive in Cheektowaga and should be clear for many hours starting Saturday.

The heavy lifting is getting everybody out of their homes around OP and getting them on the bus from the stadium to the airport. Storm is over Sunday.

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 01:20 AM
Tonight, the band moves north.

Which band? Is Bon Jovi still a Bills fan?

Woodman
11-18-2022, 01:22 AM
They're going to fly a virtual plane and play the Browns on Madden

What's the spread?

Bill Cody
11-18-2022, 01:36 AM
What's the spread?

Probably 14. In Madden our lack of a running game doesn't matter and Josh never has meltdowns

Woodman
11-18-2022, 01:38 AM
Probably 14. In Madden our lack of a running game doesn't matter and Josh never has meltdowns

So that works. :rofl:

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2022, 01:38 AM
What's the spread?

Peanut butter and jam

Woodman
11-18-2022, 02:18 AM

No The Band minus the greatest of all time Levi Helm.

Woodman
11-18-2022, 02:20 AM
Peanut butter and jam
What's the word?

Does anybody know this?

TheConsigliere
11-18-2022, 08:15 AM

The Band was already north from Canada no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-w9OclUnns&ab_channel=GreatOldiesDJ

Typ0
11-18-2022, 10:04 AM
Cancel practice? Gotta like the Browns chances of beating us. We're beat up and under rehearsed. The match-up isn't great for us at all the Browns are an elite running team and we can't stop the run. Kinda hard to believe actually ....

Woodman
11-18-2022, 10:05 AM
The Band was already north from Canada no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-w9OclUnns&ab_channel=GreatOldiesDJ

Levi what a powerful voice. :cheers:

Mace
11-18-2022, 10:37 AM

McDermott said something to the effect that they wanted the players to make sure their places and people were all set so they could have their minds on the game.

Hard to say what happens. Cleveland's running game is ominous in this situation, but the Bills are in a dome and have a tendency to come out fierce sometimes in genuine adversity.

DraftBoy
11-18-2022, 11:02 AM
McDermott said something to the effect that they wanted the players to make sure their places and people were all set so they could have their minds on the game.

Hard to say what happens. Cleveland's running game is ominous in this situation, but the Bills are in a dome and have a tendency to come out fierce sometimes in genuine adversity.

Which is great coach speak, but the reality apparently is that they couldn’t find a charter to get them out much faster based on what Coach Sal was saying on Twitter earlier.

If we lose to Cleveland then we are in a full blown crisis and some seats will start to get really warm.

sahlensguy
11-18-2022, 11:13 AM
Which is great coach speak, but the reality apparently is that they couldn’t find a charter to get them out much faster based on what Coach Sal was saying on Twitter earlier.

If we lose to Cleveland then we are in a full blown crisis and some seats will start to get really warm.

And a short turnaround for the Thanksgiving day game too. Should win them both under normal situations but losing them both with these conditions isn't out of the question.

Too bad really. I've been critical of our coaches but they don't deserve this.

DraftBoy
11-18-2022, 01:27 PM
And a short turnaround for the Thanksgiving day game too. Should win them both under normal situations but losing them both with these conditions isn't out of the question.

Too bad really. I've been critical of our coaches but they don't deserve this.

Don’t deserve? This is the job you sign up for.

sahlensguy
11-18-2022, 03:38 PM
Don’t deserve? This is the job you sign up for.

This year is above and beyond what any team signs up for.

The Topps shooting
Luke Knox' death
Kim Pagula's health
The conditions in Miami
Last week's crusher
A thousand injuries
And now these next two games messing up their schedule

It's been the most draining season. No team deserves any of these random situations.

DraftBoy
11-19-2022, 12:44 AM
This year is above and beyond what any team signs up for.

The Topps shooting
Luke Knox' death
Kim Pagula's health
The conditions in Miami
Last week's crusher
A thousand injuries
And now these next two games messing up their schedule

It's been the most draining season. No team deserves any of these random situations.

This is the job and life. Tragedy occurs every day in many places and it always sucks. The job is to block out all of that and put a championship team together regardless.

DraftBoy
11-19-2022, 01:06 AM
Reports coming in via social media that the Bills are currently trying to find a way to get players out of their homes, but the airport being closed is further complicating matters. The runways would need to be cleared still as well.

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 01:45 AM
This is the job and life. Tragedy occurs every day in many places and it always sucks. The job is to block out all of that and put a championship team together regardless.
Ludicrous.

They didn't block out much of it though. They embraced and were affected by a lot of it. Its part of being a non robotic human being. I guess they should face disciplinary action for not doing their job.

DraftBoy
11-19-2022, 01:55 AM
Ludicrous.

They didn't block out much of it though. They embraced and were affected by a lot of it. Its part of being a non robotic human being. I guess they should face disciplinary action for not doing their job.

It’s reality. Failure to meet expectations could cost McDermott his job in the end. I could easily see how that could be defined as disciplinary if you wish.

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 02:11 AM
It’s reality. Failure to meet expectations could cost McDermott his job in the end. I could easily see how that could be defined as disciplinary if you wish.

We could lose the next two where an act of god is a major reason why. McD would be on the hot seat. It is what it is but my point was that he doesn't deserve his fate if they do lose.

Woodman
11-19-2022, 02:12 AM
A picture of Buffalo.

https://buffalonews.com/

kgun12
11-19-2022, 02:18 AM
Ludicrous.

You’re right they’ve been through a lot. I bet all those military folks are telling themselves how lucky they are. They only get deployed for a year or two without their families. In most cases only work 12 hours a day and miss births of children, holidays, kids sports, school play, funerals for love ones back home and a host of other things. I’m sure they feel sorry for the Bills.
Closer to home, how about the police, rescue and snowplow drivers that didn’t get a chance to make sure their families were okay and have been outside since the storm started. I have a brother and nephew that have been home twice for 3 hours to “rest” and right back to plowing.
Yes my heart goes out to those million dollar players!

BTW, Some of them deal with the death of a buddy or two every now and then

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 02:24 AM
You’re right they’ve been through a lot. I bet all those military folks are telling themselves how lucky they are. They only get deployed for a year or two without their families. In most cases only work 12 hours a day and miss births of children, holidays, kids sports, school play, funerals for love ones back home and a host of other things. I’m sure they feel sorry for the Bills.
Closer to home, how about the police, rescue and snowplow drivers that didn’t get a chance to make sure their families were okay and have been outside since the storm started. I have a brother and nephew that have been home twice for 3 hours to “rest” and right back to plowing.
Yes my heart goes out to those million dollar players!

No, I don't feel sorry for them like that. They get paid well for playing a sport. But they've been through a lot more this season than their competition. It's not fair that they will be evaluated equally when the field is tilted against them.

kgun12
11-19-2022, 02:34 AM
No, I don't feel sorry for them like that. They get paid well for playing a sport. But they've been through a lot more this season than their competition. It's not fair that they will be evaluated equally when the field is tilted against them.

Crap, we all go through stuff all the time. When we walk into our job we have to it everything behind us. Example, My son just transferred to Detroit airport as an air traffic controller, one of the busiest airports in the country. He came from Toledo, but because Detroit is so much busier he has to train again. He will be in training about a year and a half. His grandma is very sick and could pass at anytime now. Do you think when he sits down in front of the radar scope his trainer, supervisor, and most importantly the pilots or passengers give a damn what he’s dealing with?

No excuses just results either you’re good enough or your not.

sahlensguy
11-19-2022, 02:45 AM
Crap, we all go through stuff all the time. When we walk into our job we have to it everything behind us. Example, My son just transferred to Detroit airport as an air traffic controller, one of the busiest airports in the country. He came from Toledo, but because Detroit is so much busier he has to train again. He will be in training about a year and a half. His grandma is very sick and could pass at anytime now. Do you think when he sits down in front of the radar scope his trainer, supervisor, and most importantly the pilots or passengers give a damn what he’s dealing with?

No excuses just results either you’re good enough or your not.

Of course, we all have stuff to deal with. I'm not downplaying that.

My point is the Buffalo Bills relative to their competition. They are going through way more stuff than they are. Take the home field advantage out of the Miami game for example. Schedulers should never expose the visiting team to the 1:00 sun. It's a dangerous and uneven at that point. Not fair.

kgun12
11-19-2022, 02:54 AM
Of course, we all have stuff to deal with. I'm not downplaying that.

My point is the Buffalo Bills relative to their competition. They are going through way more stuff than they are. Take the home field advantage out of the Miami game for example. Schedulers should never expose the visiting team to the 1:00 sun. It's a dangerous and uneven at that point. Not fair.

How do you know other teams aren’t going through crap? Case in point, Cleveland has been dealing with the Watson issue all year, the were a real contender with all their talent. Yes self inflicted but I live just outside Cleveland and it’s tearing the team and community. How about the mess the WFT is in? Again self inflicted. The Bucs with the Brady circus and on an on. Every team has had COVID related illnesses and deaths to deal with along with other tragedies that we don’t see because it’s not our team. Open the lenses everyone everywhere has crap to deal with.

Woodman
11-19-2022, 03:22 AM
Cancel practice? Gotta like the Browns chances of beating us. We're beat up and under rehearsed. The match-up isn't great for us at all the Browns are an elite running team and we can't stop the run. Kinda hard to believe actually ....

Execution and the proper game plan are the key.

Still it's a game and the winner is never determined until it's played.

DraftBoy
11-19-2022, 03:53 AM
We could lose the next two where an act of god is a major reason why. McD would be on the hot seat. It is what it is but my point was that he doesn't deserve his fate if they do lose.

It’s the job.

Mace
11-19-2022, 09:10 AM

Well sure, I mean all you're going to get from McDermott is coachspeak really,and a particular positive brand of it. I just posted his reported spin on it. Never said I believed it.

My thought is that the players and staff have ample resources to stock their cupboards and hire plowing services so they don't have to worry about their places and people, and they should have left a day early, but hey...

Mace
11-19-2022, 09:12 AM

Not this year. Pegula is going to be hesitant because of Sabres nightmares. He's not going to be eager to mess with a theoretical contender, even if he keeps coming up short. He should, but I just don't see it.

paladin warrior
11-19-2022, 09:56 AM
Good Let them rest and keep warm with a soft blankets and drink a nice hot chocolate

DraftBoy
11-19-2022, 10:21 AM
Not this year. Pegula is going to be hesitant because of Sabres nightmares. He's not going to be eager to mess with a theoretical contender, even if he keeps coming up short. He should, but I just don't see it.

Agreed 100%.

notacon
11-20-2022, 04:21 AM
I have to laugh when posters try and compare their own jobs and lives with professional NFL players.

Like any of us have even a tiny fraction of the pressure, scrutiny, danger of injury, reality of being replaced at a drop of a hat, short careers, with literally millions of people watching your every move when “working”.

And worse yet, do any regular working schlubs get a bunch of people spending days, weeks, months...Jesus, YEARS picking apart every thing we may have done “wrong” in our jobs.

Please.

DraftBoy
11-20-2022, 04:24 AM
And worse yet, do any regular working schlubs get a bunch of people spending days, weeks, months...Jesus, YEARS picking apart every thing we may have done “wrong” in our jobs.

I would enjoy that actually.

notacon
11-20-2022, 05:00 AM
I would enjoy that actually.

:rofl: I doubt that very much.

Remember, what some people think is “wrong” really isn’t. That’s why I put it in quotation marks.

Maybe I should have wrote...."And worse yet, do any regular working schlubs get a bunch of people spending days, weeks, months...Jesus, YEARS picking apart every thing we may have been perceived as “wrong” in our jobs....but more just outsiders not knowing what is going on in the workplace, but just bloviating about stuff they have no clue about.

DraftBoy
11-20-2022, 08:12 AM
:rofl: I doubt that very much.

You would be very wrong. I love negative feedback. Right, wrong, logical, or illogical are just value judgements that I can convert into productivity and motivation.

I’ve never once given myself a positive or even passable self-review. Just can’t do it.