PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey Sucks

Turf
11-20-2022, 05:47 AM
His play calling and personnel decisions are mind boggling. Hines is running all over the field and on 2nd and two you put the rookie RB in. 2nd, and 3rd 2 and we're throwing long, no multiple short routes. No Singeltary. No Josh running. Everything's a long developing pass play. He can't call the right plays in short yardage situations. Why is Hines not in the slot or in the backfield? Singletary has run what, once? I can't take it anymore.

Gibby 2.0
11-20-2022, 05:52 AM
Yeah he reminds me way too much of Kevin Killdrive.

Cali512
11-20-2022, 06:42 AM
One thing that bothers me it Greg Cossell said this year we dont do routes to make plays easy on josh. It's literally everyone going 10-15+ yds and a checkdown. We dont really do drag routes or quick slants anymore

Cali512
11-20-2022, 06:47 AM
One thing i dont get is why dont we use hines as a WR instead of Singletary. Let Cook and Singletary handle the runs and use hines for screens or dump offs

TacklingDummy
11-20-2022, 07:17 AM
He’s holding out the plays that work for the playoffs.

Turf
11-20-2022, 07:22 AM
Bout time he got his head out of his you what with the play calling. Nice to see some redzone running and now end of game running.

Novacane
11-20-2022, 07:24 AM
****!

Woodman
11-20-2022, 08:30 AM
His play calling and personnel decisions are mind boggling. Hines is running all over the field and on 2nd and two you put the rookie RB in. 2nd, and 3rd 2 and we're throwing long, no multiple short routes. No Singeltary. No Josh running. Everything's a long developing pass play. He can't call the right plays in short yardage situations. Why is Hines not in the slot or in the backfield? Singletary has run what, once? I can't take it anymore.
Hines is a weapon wake the **** up Dorsey!

Woodman
11-20-2022, 08:33 AM

I thought Diggs was gonna go nuts today.

The inside the tackle running was excellent and we had a beauty called back.

Really fun to out rush by a mile a great running team.

sukie
11-20-2022, 08:35 AM
Brilliant!!!!!

Woodman
11-20-2022, 08:40 AM

So the Hines plays. :D

Mace
11-20-2022, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I don't understand their fixation on pass catching backs when they don't have focused use for them. They can just as easily be used to slice an opponent to free up the wr's,so you'd kind of expect deliberate use.

They had Yeldon and wouldn't use him. Tried hard to get McKissic. Drafted Cook, grabbed Hines.

I don't know.

sukie
11-20-2022, 09:30 AM
Every 3rd and short that has a endzone shot from 25 yards out or more makes me trash my desk in a fit of rage.

Historian
11-20-2022, 10:11 AM
How does Diggs not catch a ball ....errr.....sorry, NOT GET THROWN TO, until he complains to the head coach?

Dorsey is in over his head.

Woodman
11-20-2022, 10:14 AM
How does Diggs not catch a ball ....errr.....sorry, NOT GET THROWN TO, until he complains to the head coach?

Dorsey is in over his head.

Maybe after this game McD will sit down with our OC.

Historian
11-20-2022, 10:18 AM
Lets hope, because this team no longer attacks its opponents.

It plays not to lose.

sahlensguy
11-20-2022, 10:20 AM
A rookie OC had no business being on this team. And Allen looks totally exhausted.

Mace
11-20-2022, 10:23 AM
Every 3rd and short that has a endzone shot from 25 yards out or more makes me trash my desk in a fit of rage.

Oh, hey, I make desks out of discarded cardboard boxes for fake companies that want to pretend they have workers that often work remotely. I can sell you a bunch at a discount, though you'll be taking food out of my mouth and clothes off my back. Only thing is that sometimes the boxes are small, so you'd need the matching small cardboard box chairs I also happen to make. You just don't want to sit on them. I'm not legally liable for people attempting to actually use my products as furniture, but that's all in the complex legally binding contract you don't need to worry about because you can trust me, I'm a pal, sort of.

kingJofNYC
11-20-2022, 10:28 AM
One thing that bothers me it Greg Cossell said this year we dont do routes to make plays easy on josh. It's literally everyone going 10-15+ yds and a checkdown. We dont really do drag routes or quick slants anymore

Our rpo slants are gone now. I don’t want to kill Dorsey, but I was a big Daboll fan and loved his offense. It seems like the option routes are gone too.

Woodman
11-20-2022, 10:34 AM
A rookie OC had no business being on this team. And Allen looks totally exhausted.

Conditioning?

notacon
11-20-2022, 10:40 AM
Dorsey called a masterful game in the 2nd half when the Bills had the lead.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2022, 10:45 AM

He looks bigger in the face.

sahlensguy
11-20-2022, 10:47 AM

Conditioning?

It's been a taxing season, physically and mentally.

Turf
11-20-2022, 10:48 AM

He did turn it around. That's why I had to jack him :)

Turf
11-20-2022, 10:49 AM
So the Hines plays. :D

Which should have drawn a penalty....

sahlensguy
11-20-2022, 10:51 AM
He looks bigger in the face.

His head is getting bigger?

sukie
11-20-2022, 10:56 AM
Masterful is a bit much. Coulda not settled for so many 3s. The intermediate passing game is weak, the short passing game is abysmal. Fortunate for Dorsey the Browns decided not to tackle RBs.

notacon
11-20-2022, 10:58 AM
Masterful is a bit much. Coulda not settled for so many 3s. The intermediate passing game is weak, the short passing game is abysmal. Fortunate for Dorsey the Browns decided not to tackle RBs.
Seriously??? Jesus. Sourpuss loser talk.

Turf
11-20-2022, 10:59 AM

He finally committed to the run and it worked but we need a short passing game with more than one route more often. Every play takes 3-5 secs to develop even on whatever and two yards to go.

sukie
11-20-2022, 11:01 AM
Seriously??? Jesus. Sourpuss loser talk.
Saying Dorsey’s 50% Redzone TD calling was masterful is “old man can’t rind his tapioca” talk.

what is masterful with handing the ball off? That’s like saying an accountant is masterful because his pencil is sharp.

you have ANY confidence that Dorsey can call a play side the 5?

Discotrish
11-20-2022, 11:02 AM
Dorsey is a Manchurian O.C.?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7W4MYHbexIDQGgWOhMdKVnZBCvj0-qmd_TMg1b2Y5mbxAmJaiK9ami-j584ALwMvkOTS_QgDWgsGIdA4UHre7e2_oHq2-TUHzC071I5eo-sPgR9eER-tFzfOtNmdRhXP5eift6L0ZA1hunq1DKCqEpanFBn6LgVKCHtraGHC5MVbJ5OzD7g/w450-h648/Manchurian1.jpg

kgun12
11-20-2022, 11:14 AM
We are horrible in the red zone. We can’t keep settling for FG. We are 21 in the league in red zone TD’s at 52.94%. Last year we were 1st at 66.28%. It starts with Dorsey.

teamrankings.com

notacon
11-20-2022, 11:29 AM
Saying Dorsey’s 50% Redzone TD calling was masterful is “old man can’t rind his tapioca” talk.

what is masterful with handing the ball off? That’s like saying an accountant is masterful because his pencil is sharp.

you have ANY confidence that Dorsey can call a play side the 5?
Yes. I have more confidence that "Dorsey can call a play side the 5” than Josh Allen can execute in the red zone.

Mace
11-20-2022, 11:36 AM
I'm still not convinced it's all about Dorsey. Daboll had his stretches as well last year. The offense was flat out powerful and hitting on all cylinders until the bye. Not sure I'm seeing anything different, besides the plays that were working before, aren't now. Dorsey walked up a step today and evolved with more running game, which makes me think he can adapt.

Still leads me back to something is wrong with Allen. This is the franchise gem, leadership, confidence, and a worker spirit to keep at his game. He looked scared and exhausted, and managed 197 passing yards against the 19th ranked passing defense, with a Tyrod Taylor passing chart ? This was the league front runner for mvp at the bye.

Dorsey worked around Allen today and we beat a not good team.

Still think Allen has a hidden injury.

sukie
11-20-2022, 11:42 AM
I'm still not convinced it's all about Dorsey. Daboll had his stretches as well last year. The offense was flat out powerful and hitting on all cylinders until the bye. Not sure I'm seeing anything different, besides the plays that were working before, aren't now. Dorsey walked up a step today and evolved with more running game, which makes me think he can adapt.

Still leads me back to something is wrong with Allen. This is the franchise gem, leadership, confidence, and a worker spirit to keep at his game. He looked scared and exhausted, and managed 197 passing yards against the 19th ranked passing defense, with a Tyrod Taylor passing chart ? This was the league front runner for mvp at the bye.

172 yards rushing from your backs is gonna eat up passing yards. I will say there are zero uncontested catches Brit bills Wide outs. (- Diggs TD )

offensive scheme should be to develop mismatches, exploit coverages and get open. Every catch contested.

I wish it was the opposing D doing this because Buffalo should do it too!

it’s Plays drawn up.

Allen isn’t right… so stop having him launch when every pass is either high or wide… help your QB out with easy stuff.

kgun12
11-20-2022, 11:49 AM

I’ll buy this to a point, but from 1-21 something’s wrong. One of the things I see is they have almost completely shut down Josh’s running. I was one of the people that thought Josh was running too much but there needs to be a happy medium. Defense’s are on their heels more and it seems to focus Josh, he just needs to be smart about getting hit less!

YardRat
11-20-2022, 12:07 PM
Josh is missing some throws we are used to him making, and the receivers (especially Davis) are dropping balls they usually come down with. There are some plays there, the guys just aren't making them. Having said that, I really haven't reviewed any game replays for a closer look, but it sure seems like the route combinations just haven't been there recently.

The way he wound up and put his entire body into the TD laser to Diggs (resulting in a cartwheel) certainly suggests this. Josh usually fires those throws off with all arm.

Mace
11-20-2022, 12:39 PM
I don't want him running more, I want him passing better, OC protected him today.

He had 84/86 yards last two games with his legs, and you don't need contact to blow out a knee. They didn't need to run him today.

OC made sure he wasn't taxed, you do that with a player who has an issue that taxes them, especially your franchise qb imho.

jamze132
11-20-2022, 07:21 PM
We won.

But I will say Dorsey needs to put Josh in better positions to be successful. Almost all of our pass plays take too long to develop. I love shorter crossing routes and plays that get the early to our playmakers. Let some folks have an opportunity to make guys miss for god sake!

Ingtar33
11-20-2022, 09:40 PM
that td to diggs told me everything wrong with josh right now.

he's lost a lot of arm strength with that elbow injury. the last time i saw him throw his whole body into a throw like that was against tenn 2 years ago, and he threw it from the 40 into the back of the endzone.

this time he was throwing it from the 10. he needed the exact same windup to get the ball to drive into the back of the endzone from 30 yards closer. that elbow is HURT. he might not be wincing but our big armed QB lost almost 30 yards of strength from it. he cant throw it accurately on the run either. furthermore, he can't seem to get the ball there if he can't step up into the throw. he had one pass across his body and the ball fell short (thankfully, avoiding an int), but that's the second time in two weeks he tried to throw it across his body and the ball was short, and inaccurate.

those cross body across the middle throws he used to complete all the time because of that wonderful arm, are completely gone and now look like what you'd expect from a mortal QB like tannihill when they try it.

when is the last time he tried to attack a zone downfield? the jets game? how many 20-25 yard outs has he thrown recently? none? those we stapples of this offense and he no longer even tries to throw them. it used to be he'd make a 30 yard throw look like a 10 yard one from another QB, those are gone too.

sukie
11-20-2022, 11:13 PM
Above.

so if your QB is having lingering issues AND your bread and butter 20-25 yd outs are unavailable…STOP CALLING THEM.

TAKE WHAT YOUR QBs ELBOW GIVES YOU!

Historian
11-21-2022, 01:09 AM
Conditioning?

Worthy of its own thread.

I have never seen a rotating 15 player injury list like this before.

Maybe once during the Jauron trifecta.

It borderlines on embarrassing.

Woodman
11-21-2022, 02:40 AM
Above.

so if your QB is having lingering issues AND your bread and butter 20-25 yd outs are unavailable…STOP CALLING THEM.

TAKE WHAT YOUR QBs ELBOW GIVES YOU!

Assuming Josh's elbow is the reason would it be more harmful or helpful to sit him until he's healed?

Does he have the same ability or confidence in his arm?

I want the guy full blast just like we all do.

Cali512
11-21-2022, 02:43 AM
that td to diggs told me everything wrong with josh right now.

he's lost a lot of arm strength with that elbow injury. the last time i saw him throw his whole body into a throw like that was against tenn 2 years ago, and he threw it from the 40 into the back of the endzone.

this time he was throwing it from the 10. he needed the exact same windup to get the ball to drive into the back of the endzone from 30 yards closer. that elbow is HURT. he might not be wincing but our big armed QB lost almost 30 yards of strength from it. he cant throw it accurately on the run either. furthermore, he can't seem to get the ball there if he can't step up into the throw. he had one pass across his body and the ball fell short (thankfully, avoiding an int), but that's the second time in two weeks he tried to throw it across his body and the ball was short, and inaccurate.

those cross body across the middle throws he used to complete all the time because of that wonderful arm, are completely gone and now look like what you'd expect from a mortal QB like tannihill when they try it.

when is the last time he tried to attack a zone downfield? the jets game? how many 20-25 yard outs has he thrown recently? none? those we stapples of this offense and he no longer even tries to throw them. it used to be he'd make a 30 yard throw look like a 10 yard one from another QB, those are gone too.

Your looking way to into things. That pass he threw to diggs wasnt due to an issue with arm strength, it was an issue with footwork. He didnt set his feet at all and had to whip the ball because he was literally falling down.

After Pitt, Josh got extremely loose with the football. He stopped taking short passes and instead he started throwing the ball 10-20 yds nearly every play. His arm isnt an issue, he still throws with velocity and he still has the ability to make every throw. His passes to gabe davis yesterday were vintage josh allen, hes fine, he just needs to start taking short passes like he did early on

Now to the people saying Dorseys playcalling was bad, or on the other end "masterfull", neither are true. Like someone said and Cossell said this too, they arent giving allen a lot of easy reads or many RPOs like we did last year. When you see mahomes, he has crossers the whole time, different motions, roll outs. We dont seem to have that right now

But on the other end, with how josh has been playing, it was a very good gameplan in the redzone. We got our running game going and controlled the game. We didnt allow allen to make any mistakes and he took what the defense gave him

The nfl right now is all about stats and being perfect. Mahomes is going to always be the brady and allen will always be a favre. Which is fine, if we had message boards back in favres day, people would go crazy about how he played. Allen is never going to be perfect. Hell always have the ceiling of one of the best QBs ever, and the floor of 2nd year Allen

Its aggravating as fans because it doesnt give us security emotionally going into games, but it makes the games more interesting lol

Mr. Pink
11-21-2022, 03:53 AM
Disagree, think it was a solid gameplan against the Browns.

Ran all over them because they're small up front and their only LB worth a damn, JOK, is also small.

They're a solid pass rushing team and we obviously have a QB who's obviously hurt more than the team is letting on so I like the idea of limiting the hits he'd take from Garrett and Clowney. Also, I liked how there was only one play where Allen took off and ran with it, again limiting him getting hit when he's hurt.

Woodman
11-21-2022, 04:04 AM
Disagree, think it was a solid gameplan against the Browns.

Ran all over them because they're small up front and their only LB worth a damn, JOK, is also small.

They're a solid pass rushing team and we obviously have a QB who's obviously hurt more than the team is letting on so I like the idea of limiting the hits he'd take from Garrett and Clowney.

Right on, running between the tackles was an appropriate game plan.

Just not fancy enough for some .... it protected Josh and until his arm is 100% we better be able to run the ball a lot more.

Maybe it forces us to incorporate something we needed to do anyway.

Please use Hines dammit.

Mace
11-21-2022, 12:20 PM
172 yards rushing from your backs is gonna eat up passing yards. I will say there are zero uncontested catches Brit bills Wide outs. (- Diggs TD )

offensive scheme should be to develop mismatches, exploit coverages and get open. Every catch contested.

I wish it was the opposing D doing this because Buffalo should do it too!

it’s Plays drawn up.

Allen isn’t right… so stop having him launch when every pass is either high or wide… help your QB out with easy stuff.

It's hard to give you any credibility when you're trashing your desk in a rage.

sahlensguy
11-21-2022, 12:24 PM
Right on, running between the tackles was an appropriate game plan.

Just not fancy enough for some .... it protected Josh and until his arm is 100% we better be able to run the ball a lot more.

Maybe it forces us to incorporate something we needed to do anyway.

You just said his elbow was good Sunday. Which is it?

sukie
11-21-2022, 03:48 PM
Oh, hey, I make desks out of discarded cardboard boxes for fake companies that want to pretend they have workers that often work remotely. I can sell you a bunch at a discount, though you'll be taking food out of my mouth and clothes off my back. Only thing is that sometimes the boxes are small, so you'd need the matching small cardboard box chairs I also happen to make. You just don't want to sit on them. I'm not legally liable for people attempting to actually use my products as furniture, but that's all in the complex legally binding contract you don't need to worry about because you can trust me, I'm a pal, sort of.
Do you make a standing desk model… sciatica. Oh and I might need to break down my operati—-Um—- my office in like 5 minutes, can your products fold and fit into a 98 suburban?

Can I also borrow your Suburban in short notice? I assume you accept FTX tokens?

Woodman
11-22-2022, 05:18 AM
You just said his elbow was good Sunday. Which is it?

:scratch:

The Post where I said that his elbow was good is?

Which is it?

sahlensguy
11-22-2022, 05:33 AM
:scratch:

The Post where I said that his elbow was good is?

Which is it?

Woodman; He appeared to have a lot of velocity on most of his passes.

Pretty sure he's ok with the elbow.

Never caught him wincing or grabbing at it so that's good.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 05:34 AM
The thread please.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 05:41 AM
Shoveling snow :lol: