PDA

View Full Version : Our D can barely stop comebacks in the 4th quarter

Turf
11-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Kind of sums up last and this year otherwise we'd be champs. No details needed, they lead the league in many "stats" but in clutch fail to stop highly unlikely comebacks.

Prov401
11-21-2022, 04:52 PM
Injuries aren't helping. One thing that kills me is when we're not doing well against the run and they refuse to come out of their nickle base. I really feel once our defense is whole, we're going to start getting off the field on these 3rd downs.

jamze132
11-21-2022, 07:55 PM
The injuries to the DBs is causing a lot of misery right now. We can only hope that when Tre comes back, he played better than the guys were running out there right now.

YardRat
11-21-2022, 11:16 PM
Not being able to close has been a consistent shortcoming for a few seasons.

Novacane
11-21-2022, 11:33 PM
What's the common denominator? Leslie Frazier! I'd like to think it's the injuries but we've been doing this for years. Leslie and McD love soft defense.

Goobylal
11-22-2022, 01:44 AM
The injuries have been brutal. Tre last year and half the team this year.

OpIv37
11-22-2022, 02:59 AM
Yes, the injuries have had a big impact.

But, it's more than that. 6 FG's. If we turn just 1 of those into a TD, then the game is out of reach. The red zone O needs to be fixed.

swiper
11-22-2022, 10:59 AM
What's the common denominator? Leslie Frazier! I'd like to think it's the injuries but we've been doing this for years. Leslie and McD love soft defense.

I will say this. Watched the Vikings beat the Bills in Buffalo. Then I watched the Cowboys beat the Vikings up in their home. The difference? The Cowboys blitzed the ***** out of the Vikings. Micah Parsons was all over Cousins all night. The Cowboys blew out the Vikings. Why didn't the Bills do that?

swiper
11-22-2022, 11:07 AM
Yes, the injuries have had a big impact.

But, it's more than that. 6 FG's. If we turn just 1 of those into a TD, then the game is out of reach. The red zone O needs to be fixed.

Yes. More creative play-calling would have done that, which would have been the bare minimum. Again, most fans just thought Dorsey would step in and there would be a flawless transition from Daboll.

Turf
11-22-2022, 11:55 AM
I saw the I formation in short yardage. Duh, that's what I've been saying, don't go shotgun on 2nd and 2. And yeah I think blitzing late game may force some more errors. They should have blitzed Mahomes with 13 secs last year and held every WR off the line, there's no way they lose that game because penalties stop the clock but don't put time back on the clock.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-22-2022, 01:44 PM
I will say this. Watched the Vikings beat the Bills in Buffalo. Then I watched the Cowboys beat the Vikings up in their home. The difference? The Cowboys blitzed the ***** out of the Vikings. Micah Parsons was all over Cousins all night. The Cowboys blew out the Vikings. Why didn't the Bills do that?

Because Frazier is too arrogant/clueless/stubborn and won’t change despite evidence he needs to at times

TacklingDummy
11-22-2022, 03:01 PM
The injuries have been brutal. Tre last year and half the team this year.

Half? ****, who on D hasn’t missed games due to injury this year? I know 1 but I don’t want to jinx it.

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Normally, I’d be a bit worried after the Browns game, but they had the game in hand, and looked like they just wanted out of there with a win. Would I have liked to see them be more aggressive instead of settling for FGs? Sure, but those FGs were huge. The last one put them up 3 scores. To beat a team after not practicing, having to relocate the game last minute, is good enough for me.

notacon
11-23-2022, 05:17 AM
Half? ****, who on D hasn’t missed games due to injury this year? I know 1 but I don’t want to jinx it.
Only three defense starters have been in every game...

Von Miller
DaQuan Jones
Taron Johnson

It’s astounding that the Bills STILL have one of the best points allowed record at only 17.4 PTS/G. #1 Dallas is only .7 PTS/G less at 16.7.

Six offensive starters have been in every game....

Allen
Singletary
Diggs
Dawkins
Saffold
Bates