PDA

View Full Version : To Beat the Lions

Woodman
11-22-2022, 01:50 AM
Balanced attack, no turnovers, field position.

Thoughts?

Bill Cody
11-22-2022, 01:53 AM
I dunno. It's Thanksgiving. Kind of like turnovers.

imbondz
11-22-2022, 01:55 AM
Josh reverts back to 3 years ago runs 90% of the plays, has 3 turnovers and scores 5 TDS en route to a blowout.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 01:57 AM
I dunno. It's Thanksgiving. Kind of like turnovers.

:cheers:
I enjoy gravy.

Seriously their strength is their run game .... so stop the run game or at least limit it.

They won their last game by creating turnovers and running effectively.

I'd like us to find ways of getting the ball into Hines hands a bit more.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 02:00 AM
Josh reverts back to 3 years ago runs 90% of the plays, has 3 turnovers and scores 5 TDS en route to a blowout.

Leave out the turnovers and we're good to go! :cheers:

So Bass, gets how many field goals this week?

Keep in mind he had 6 in the same stadium just a few days ago.

Saratoga Slim
11-22-2022, 02:02 AM
Josh's elbow doesn't seem 100% yet. Plus it's good for him to get back into a rhythm where he's taking what the D gives him. Combine that with a bad Detroit run defense and seems like a nice balanced attack higlighted by lots of work for Singles, Cook and Hines is exactly what the doctor ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave out the turnovers and we're good to go! :cheers:

So Bass, gets how many field goals this week?

Keep in mind he had 6 in the same stadium just a few days ago.

I would feel comfortable with TBass in my fantasy football lineup this week

OpIv37
11-22-2022, 02:42 AM
Balanced attack, no turnovers, field position.

Thoughts?

?

That sounds like just a general formula for winning. It doesn't seem to have anything specific to do with the Lions.

Turf
11-22-2022, 02:46 AM
Dorsey needs to find the Lion's weakness and exploit it. Frazier needs to figure out how to stop late game comebacks.

sahlensguy
11-22-2022, 03:05 AM
How don't care how...just don't ruin Thanksgiving.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 03:59 AM
?

That sounds like just a general formula for winning. It doesn't seem to have anything specific to do with the Lions.
The Lions took advantage of turnovers last week ..... field position was key.

I noticed the Browns were weak against the rushing between the tackles from their previous games.

Nobody agreed but we know how that turned out ..... :D

I predicted we would have success running between the tackles in that game.

We won in large part to that strategy being used.

This game against the Lions I took a look at how they won their last game.

The turnovers and field position is what gave them the victory along with their run game which isn't bad.

It has everything to do with the Lions if you look at the Lions.

There are many ways to win a football game.

The thread is meant to see if you have any ideas on the how too.

Take a shot .... be creative paying special attention to how easiest a victory can become reality.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 04:02 AM
Dorsey needs to find the Lion's weakness and exploit it. Frazier needs to figure out how to stop late game comebacks.

Pretty sure their run defense is subpar.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2022, 05:06 AM
If the Browns game is his compass, maybe he can ask his DBS to not lose so many contested catches. That might prevent a come back.

notacon
11-22-2022, 05:30 AM
To beat the Lions?....score more points.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 05:48 AM

Anyway possible.

What is their main weakness?

cookie G
11-22-2022, 06:07 AM
The Lions have won 3 straight. They've been playing pretty well right now. Defense still gives up 400 yards per game but thy aren't giving up as many points. They'vwe been scoring points all year long.

-A big game for the OTs, especially Spencer Brown. Hutchinson is finding his way and has been dominating at times. They've got to keep him in check, chipping him with a TE if needed. I'll still take Brown in a street brawl against him

-DB's...ugh. If you watch the big plays they've given up, coverage itself has been good. They are just losing 50-50 balls. That probably can't be fixed in a week. Elam coming back would help..if he can. But whoever is out there needs to improve their ball skills.

-pass rush needs to show up. The occasional sack is nice, but pressure needs to be more consistent.

-Josh, just hit to open man. That's all. Find him and hit him. Give me some Shakir on Thursday.

Woodman
11-22-2022, 08:35 AM
The Lions have won 3 straight. They've been playing pretty well right now. Defense still gives up 400 yards per game but thy aren't giving up as many points. They'vwe been scoring points all year long.

-A big game for the OTs, especially Spencer Brown. Hutchinson is finding his way and has been dominating at times. They've got to keep him in check, chipping him with a TE if needed. I'll still take Brown in a street brawl against him

-DB's...ugh. If you watch the big plays they've given up, coverage itself has been good. They are just losing 50-50 balls. That probably can't be fixed in a week. Elam coming back would help..if he can. But whoever is out there needs to improve their ball skills.

-pass rush needs to show up. The occasional sack is nice, but pressure needs to be more consistent.

-Josh, just hit to open man. That's all. Find him and hit him. Give me some Shakir on Thursday.

Agreed on more Shakir and more of Hines would be nice to see as well.

Kenny
11-22-2022, 08:42 AM
Josh just needs to shake off this funk. You could tell the media got to his head. All the turnovers and poor play since the bye week, and Josh was playing hesitant vs. the browns. You could really see it when he gunned that TD pass to a wide open Diggs.

If he's able to string a few good games, hopefully we get the pre-bye week Josh.

Bill Cody
11-22-2022, 08:43 AM
The Lions like to go for it on 4th down. When they played NE they went for it 7 times on 4th. And converted on 0. Which led to a NE blowout.

kgun12
11-22-2022, 09:24 AM
Stop the run, the Lions have a good running game and their line is mulling. Our D tackles need a bigger game than they had against the Browns.

I guess this goes without saying but Josh needs get back to the Josh at the start of the year and for that matter so does Davis! And keep running the damn ball!

sahlensguy
11-22-2022, 09:39 AM
The Lions like to go for it on 4th down. When they played NE they went for it 7 times on 4th. And converted on 0. Which led to a NE blowout.

If you think our 3rd down D is bad...

Mace
11-22-2022, 10:18 AM
This and only this. Their defense is bad in general. Their running game is 4th. Their passing game is 28th, but Goff has as many 300 yard passing games as Cousins and Brissett combined without playing the Bills to get them. We are not firing on all cylinders atm.

I'll settle for whatever if we just score more points this game and head into a longer break to get healthier. They have other games left to rebuild their style points down the backstretch.

swiper
11-22-2022, 11:15 AM

Keep looking for Knox. Loved seeing all the targets last game.

YardRat
11-22-2022, 11:37 AM
It will help immensely if the defensive line can actually get pressure that we expect and Davis would quit dropping balls. This could be a break-out game for Cook or Hines.

Typ0
11-22-2022, 12:03 PM
I think this game could end up being a shootout. If we don't turn the ball over too many times and/or find ways to give up our own damn points we will win. If we do those things the chances we lose shoot way up. We need to do all the things we haven't been doing:

1) protect the football.
2) be able to gain short yards on the ground.
3) spread the ball around.
4) score us some touchdowns.
5) stop the run. There are QBs you don't want to blitz but mostly I would say we should blitz more to get some more run stuffs in the mix.

sukie
11-22-2022, 12:20 PM
Short passing game. Get Hines involved. Play Cook and Singles of each other… another 80 yds to each would work.

diggs diggs diggs… throw to someone else … Diggs Diggs

Mace
11-22-2022, 12:35 PM
Just wiin this damn game.

Novacane
11-22-2022, 01:21 PM
We should move the ball all day. Score TD's instead of FG's. Don't beat ourselves and this should be a blowout.

Woodman
11-23-2022, 12:56 AM
We should move the ball all day. Score TD's instead of FG's. Don't beat ourselves and this should be a blowout.
Would be great if it went exactly that way.

Sure would love to see Hines get some action in our offense.

GreedoII
11-23-2022, 01:12 AM
Lions getting the hell shut out tomorrow......38-0

Cntrygal
11-23-2022, 02:16 AM
Lions getting the hell shut out tomorrow......38-0

:pray:

The friend I'm going with is a Lions fan, and she said that she wants a nice competitive game.

I told her that my heart needs a break and I want a dominate, soul-crushing win.