PDA

View Full Version : Could Micah Hyde return this season?

Woodman
11-23-2022, 01:32 PM
https://theathletic.com/3925801/2022/11/23/bills-thoughts-thanksgiving-lions/

When thinking about all the twists and turns of the Bills’ last seven days, the term ‘whirlwind’ comes to mind. By the time they are through their upcoming game with the Lions (https://theathletic.com/nfl/team/lions/), they’ll have an uprooted home game, six feet of snow in one day, four flights in six days, two games in Detroit and not a single day to rest.

Hyde revealed that he was just cleared to run “a little bit,” and said he’s taking it one day at a time. But when asked if there was any possible hope of coming back this season, Hyde left the door open to the idea — a slight departure from when initially placed on injured reserve.

“I would love to. I would love to. We’ll see,” Hyde told The Athletic Tuesday. “It’s not really up to me. It’s kind of up to the doctors. Historically, no. But I’m not dealing with… those are other people, other situations. So, we’ll see what happens.”

The fact that Hyde didn’t immediately shut down the idea meant that a potential return this season is possible, even if it’s only a slight chance. Hyde’s reference to those “other people” and “other situations” is also pretty impactful. It’s also worth pointing out that players will always veer on the optimistic side, and there’s no doubt that Hyde would love to be a part of the season he and the organization have been building toward over the five previous seasons. But if the Bills did get Hyde back, it would be an incredible boost to a defense capable of excellent results without him. But there’s a long way to go and several things that have to go right before the idea becomes a reality.

sukie
11-23-2022, 01:33 PM
He’s not coming back this year, possibly never.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2022, 03:19 PM
Would love if he came back for the SB and picked off Tom Brady on the final drive to end it.

swiper
11-23-2022, 11:21 PM
Thanks for posting Woody. But the font. The font is so small for old men's eyes. I had to go find the +2's. :lol:

Canadian'eh!
11-23-2022, 11:26 PM
I think it’s wishful thinking from Hyde. There’s no way he gets medical clearance before the season ends. I wish though.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 12:15 AM
He’d be nuts too.

Google Kurt Angle

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 12:19 AM
Google Kurt Angle

Oh, It's true.

YardRat
11-24-2022, 12:22 AM
If he's 100% healthy, why not? If not, no way.

Canadian'eh!
11-24-2022, 01:08 AM
He’d be nuts too.

Google Kurt Angle

I mean, I agree Hyde won’t and shouldn’t rush back, Angle isn’t the greatest comparison. Kurt’s neck injury history is FAR more severe. His first injury was ten times worse than Hyde’s.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 01:25 AM
Angle won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck. Wrestled 40 years being injured.

What's that say about the rest of us?

kgun12
11-24-2022, 01:34 AM
Angle won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck. Wrestled 40 years being injured.

Hey, I have my 3rd, 4th, and 5th cervical vertebrae fused and my 5th lumbar fused to my tailbone and 4 knee operation and I’m a 10 handicap in golf, hunt, lift weight, ice skate and I sub on an over 60 softball team. I was new to the team and there wasn’t an opening on the regular roster.

Woodman
11-24-2022, 01:34 AM
If he's 100% healthy, why not? If not, no way.
Absolutely ..... gotta be 100%.

What an incredible thing that would be.

Woodman
11-24-2022, 01:38 AM
Hey, I have my 3rd, 4th, and 5th cervical vertebrae fused and my 5th lumbar fused to my tailbone and 4 knee operation and I’m a 10 handicap in golf, hunt, lift weight, ice skate and I sub on an over 60 softball team. I was new to the team and there wasn’t an opening on the regular roster.

Damn brother! :cheers:

Woodman :hi5: kgun12

Woodman
11-24-2022, 01:43 AM
Thanks for posting Woody. But the font. The font is so small for old men's eyes. I had to go find the +2's. :lol:

Sorry about that .... I meant to go larger but got distracted.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 02:22 AM

Dude is the toughest guy to ever walk the planet. He broke his neck like 6 times

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I agree Hyde won’t and shouldn’t rush back, Angle isn’t the greatest comparison. Kurt’s neck injury history is FAR more severe. His first injury was ten times worse than Hyde’s.

Right, but if he had let it heal properly instead of rushing back, he may not have broken his neck 5 more times.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 02:34 AM
Broke his neck 1996, 2003,2004,2006.

Hyde should be ready in a couple weeks.