PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Novacane
11-24-2022, 07:48 AM
Balls

Josh..............wasn't perfect but 2 drives when we had to have them.

Diggs..........why'd we wait so long to get him involved.

Oliver.............pay him

Milano...........just makes plays

Bass............missed extra point forgiven.

Goats

There are plenty that deserve them but I'll leave that to others. It's Thanksgiving!

kgun12
11-24-2022, 07:53 AM
Balls

Goats

There are plenty that deserve them but I'll leave that to others. It's Thanksgiving!

You got the Balls correct

I’ll add to the goats: 9 players on defense not named Oliver and Milano and against an O-line for the Lions that was without two starters!

paladin warrior
11-24-2022, 07:53 AM
Goat - Josh not good today
RB - no touchdowns and no long run yard .

Ball - Buffalo bills reat 10 days

Novacane
11-24-2022, 07:54 AM

We play next Thursday. Then 10 days rest.

Mad Bomber
11-24-2022, 08:02 AM
Balls

Goats

Agree with the Balls.

Goats:
Can’t we go a Thanksgiving without a knee injury to a key defensive player?

Historian
11-24-2022, 08:02 AM
Balls:

Oliver
Milano
Bass
McKenzie. I've been hard on him, but he had a very good ballgame.
Diggs

Honorable mention to Klein and Matekavich.

Goats:

Romo. Normally a good color man who sucked Goff's balls all afternoon. Dude....he's Goff. There's a reason LA dumped him.

Dorsey. Playcalling defies football logic at times.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 08:03 AM
Balls

Diggs
Allen
Oliver

Goats

Milano and missed tackles.
3/4 down defense
Injury God. WTF, we have had enough.

Novacane
11-24-2022, 08:04 AM
Balls:

Oliver
Milano
Bass
McKenzie. I've been hard on him, but he had a very good ballgame.
Diggs

Honorable mention to Klein and Matekavich.

Goats:

Romo. Normally a good color man who sucked Goff's balls all afternoon. Dude....he's Goff. There's a reason LA dumped him.

Dorsey. Playcalling defies football logic at times.

He called Dane Jackson a budding superstar early in the game. :shakeno:

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 08:07 AM
Goat to who ever said to leave 7 seconds on clock before FG.

2 seconds is a long time.

notacon
11-24-2022, 08:09 AM

One of our resident trolls, slithers out from underneath a rock that’s below whale ****, and spouts silly nonsense.

paladin warrior
11-24-2022, 08:10 AM
We play next Thursday. Then 10 days rest.
Oh playing at the Cheater home

Historian
11-24-2022, 08:10 AM
Perhaps a ball for Josh Allen too. He is clearly injured.

If he doesn't gain yards on those last two runs, Bass misses that FG.

Woodman
11-24-2022, 08:13 AM
Josh sets up the winning FG he gets a Ball

Knox for a great catch and some pretty good blocking gets a Ball.

Almost Goat Dorsey .... the game plan was eh.

How is Miller doing?

paladin warrior
11-24-2022, 08:13 AM
One of our resident trolls, slithers out from underneath a rock that’s below whale ****, and spouts silly nonsense. *** u troll

Woodman
11-24-2022, 08:20 AM
Goat: To whoever complains about a win.

We won a close game!!!!!

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 08:29 AM
2 games in a row decided by 1 score. Narrative being blown up.

Gibby 2.0
11-24-2022, 08:51 AM
Balls:

Josh Motherf***ing Allen: He's clearly hurt and he's clearly playing through pain and he's clearly been hurt since Green Bay, but the heart of that guy. I wish we had a whole team of Josh Allens. Damn, he makes mistakes but he carries this team and is a major reason why they are 8-3 right now.

Diggs: He's the most important player to his qb since Andre Reed

Singletary: Quiet but solid contribution

Bass Pro Shop: Tyler, you had me saying not so nice things about you when you missed the extra point, but you made up for it when it mattered

Goats:

OL- Beane please get Josh a front wall. Please, I beg you. This flotsam of burning garbage he has in front of him is going to get Josh Killed

Run Defense: I get it, you're banged up to hell and back, yikes its bad this year.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 08:53 AM
It’s not Thanksgiving for me, so I have no problem giving stinking Goats to Dane Jackson, Hamlin, Elam and anyone else who can’t cover grass with their shadow. Absolute garbage.

Also Goat to activating White only to play him 3 plays. Way to waste a needed game day spot. If he isn’t mentally ready, IR him for the year and get someone who is. Absolutely ridiculous

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 08:59 AM
Elam played?

WTF is with all these injuries?

notacon
11-24-2022, 09:06 AM
*** u troll
Your posts are the worst trolling, loser talk crap BY FAR, on this site. Hands down. Here is a small sample just looking at the past 50 posts via the “view Forum Posts” feature.....

Black monday I cant wait

Too many weak CB and Safty

Allen will not be MVP forever

Allen broke a record Int this year

A lousy $hxTy head coach ..I wish owner fire him end of season

Black monday I can't wait to fire Head coach , Fire defense coach . Fire GM Beane . .

Fire head coach
Fire defense coach
Fire Beane

next week
L - brown
W - Lion
L - Cheater
L - Jet's
L- Dolphins
L - Bear
L - Bengals
W - cheater
8 win 9 lost .

yes ....Because I hate Head coach and Defense coach. . Both always screw up and f'""k up

Head coach f##k up and defense fxxk up too

Bill's don't need a playoff this year . Josh is not MVP . Head coach is awful . Need fire him until season over

No... let Bill's lose vs Brown . Josh Allen is awful with too many int .
Head coach need fire
Defense coach need fire. . Let start all over new game next year. Draft need New CB and Defense and OL . Dont need RB and WR .

This year . Bill's will be 8 win 9 lost no playoff this year and no MVP dreaming not true Josh Allen . With too many Int .

Most of the rest of your posts are nonsensical and very difficult to even understand because of twisted grammar, misspelling, and generally the kind of gobbledygook one gets from someone who is fall down drunk or who was just hit over the head with a sledgehammer.....you apparently never passed basic english class in 3rd grade.

Prov401
11-24-2022, 09:22 AM
Balls:

Josh Motherf***ing Allen: He's clearly hurt and he's clearly playing through pain and he's clearly been hurt since Green Bay, but the heart of that guy. I wish we had a whole team of Josh Allens. Damn, he makes mistakes but he carries this team and is a major reason why they are 8-3 right now.

Diggs: He's the most important player to his qb since Andre Reed

Singletary: Quiet but solid contribution

Bass Pro Shop: Tyler, you had me saying not so nice things about you when you missed the extra point, but you made up for it when it mattered

Goats:

OL- Beane please get Josh a front wall. Please, I beg you. This flotsam of burning garbage he has in front of him is going to get Josh Killed

Run Defense: I get it, you're banged up to hell and back, yikes its bad this year.

If Allen had a top 5 o line, it'd be game, set, match.

DraftBoy
11-24-2022, 09:33 AM
Balls:
Diggs
Oliver

Goats:
Allen
Jackson
Run Blocking
Hamlin

Cntrygal
11-24-2022, 10:21 AM

The Bills play on Thursday.

Mace
11-24-2022, 10:23 AM
Balls :

- Allen. He came up big when he had to, like he normally used to, in the end. Don't think he's healthy.
- Diggs. Finally changed back to himself after trying to be Davis for awhile, and it was critical.
- Oliver. He stepped it up.
- Fans. You suffered through it, and at least they won, but it doesn't feel at all joyous. Happy Thanksgiving though !

Goats :

- McOffense. That was the 28th ranked passing defense and 31st ranked rushing defense, the 32nd ranked defense in the league, and that's the best you can do, fighting for your playoff lives ? Really ?
- McDefense. Same problems tackling that have been going on for years. Same soft normal that exposes less experienced players. This week it was Goff roughing them up. Goff, after Brissett and Cousins, and the benched Zach Wilson. That's the best you can do, really ?

I don't feel any more championship aspirations, this team looks like they're hanging on to simple competitive by their fingernails.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 10:33 AM
Balls:
Diggs
Oliver

Goats:
Allen
Jackson
Run Blocking
Hamlin

How on earth do you give Allen a goat?

YardRat
11-24-2022, 10:35 AM
I don't know why anybody would give Milano a ball unless they are still counting the Browns game. He missed a few key tackles and was dragging in pass coverage.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 10:39 AM
I don't feel any more championship aspirations, this team looks like they're hanging on to simple competitive by their fingernails.

Injuries to Hype, White, Poyer, Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips, Johnson, Allen, S. Brown, Ike, Dawkins, Miller, Rousseau, AJ Epensea, Davis, Elam, Benford, Crowder, Kumerow…they are doing one hell of a job hanging in to be 8-3.

Get healthy, get better.

kgun12
11-24-2022, 10:39 AM
I don't know why anybody would give Milano a ball unless they are still counting the Browns game. He missed a few key tackles and was dragging in pass coverage.

I’ll watch it again, but I don’t think he was horrible in the first half. YES, he missed sone easy tackles in the second half, especially late. Seemed to me he was trying to do too much instead of just his job.

Mace
11-24-2022, 10:42 AM

It's really weird. No one looks like themselves two games in a row anymore.

Oh, a ball to Sam Martin, that guy is a rock. He and the long snapper are the only consistent ones that perform the same every game.

Mace
11-24-2022, 10:43 AM
Injuries to Hype, White, Poyer, Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips, Johnson, Allen, S. Brown, Ike, Dawkins, Miller, Rousseau, AJ Epensea, Davis, Elam, Benford, Crowder, Kumerow…they are doing one hell of a job hanging in to be 8-3.

Get healthy, get better.

They might not though, which means the coaching staff is going to need to step up, and I don't see that happening.

kgun12
11-24-2022, 11:00 AM
They might not though, which means the coaching staff is going to need to step up, and I don't see that happening.

I don’t think there are many teams in this edition of the NFL that could take as many injuries as the Bills have and still be 8-3! Seriously, I don’t like Dorsey’s offense and Frazier’s defense with this group that is fighting there butts off makes it hard to watch. Think about how many games the starters have missed! We have played second and third testers and waiver wire pickups.

Yes they are VERY hard to watch but right now I still see the glass as more than half full!

DraftBoy
11-24-2022, 11:07 AM
How on earth do you give Allen a goat?

Because you don’t get a game ball for having a few good drives when the rest was the same **** we’ve been seeing. He was better, but he was nowhere near where he should be.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 11:09 AM
Because you don’t get a game ball for having a few good drives when the rest was the same **** we’ve been seeing. He was better, but he was nowhere near where he should be.

He’s hurt.

DraftBoy
11-24-2022, 11:11 AM
He’s hurt.

I’m aware. This isn’t little league, you don’t get participation trophies.

Night Train
11-24-2022, 11:26 AM
Balls : 8-3
Oliver
Jones - Both DT's were outstanding again

Goats : Injuries piling up.
Allen is obviously laboring/injured and gutting it out. Off on several throws again.
Team as a whole looked exhausted very early.
Secondary getting ripped
Dorsey play calling can be puzzling in situations

kgun12
11-24-2022, 11:26 AM

So are you saying to bench him for Keenum because that’s the alternative.

Mace
11-24-2022, 11:34 AM

Well you do if you participate in the game winning drive for a struggling team though.

Allen's last UCL injury, I think he missed 4 games in 2018, then took 4 more to get back to speed. By the same token though, his issues started before this UCL, which to me means something else unreported.

I get what you're saying though, missing a few games might have been better for the long run, but I can't see them winning any of these games since the bye without him the way they're playing.

I just hope he's not making something he won't tell them worse, or they're sacrificing him for the sake of a theoretical championship window.

But he's clearly not himself, and stepped up to lead a game winning drive with trouble looking them hard in the face.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 12:15 PM
331 combined yards, 3 combined TDs, game winning drive with 23 seconds left. Several drops by the receivers.
Definitely a goat.
:rolleyes:
Unreal.

kgun12
11-24-2022, 12:23 PM
I’m going to add our running game as a game ball. We had 164 yards rushing another good under the radar game rushing. Two weeks in a row.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2022, 12:54 PM

He did a lot more than participate.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2022, 12:56 PM

You’re a complete moron

sahlensguy
11-24-2022, 01:25 PM
Balls:
Everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:23 AM
So are you saying to bench him for Keenum because that’s the alternative.

Can you highlight where I said he should be benched?

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:50 AM
Well you do if you participate in the game winning drive for a struggling team though.

Allen's last UCL injury, I think he missed 4 games in 2018, then took 4 more to get back to speed. By the same token though, his issues started before this UCL, which to me means something else unreported.

I get what you're saying though, missing a few games might have been better for the long run, but I can't see them winning any of these games since the bye without him the way they're playing.

I just hope he's not making something he won't tell them worse, or they're sacrificing him for the sake of a theoretical championship window.

But he's clearly not himself, and stepped up to lead a game winning drive with trouble looking them hard in the face.

If a player is on the field that expectation of what he is supposed to do doesn’t change. If Allen was as good as we needed him to be yesterday we don’t need a last second drive, right?

There is only one goal every year and that’s to win the Super Bowl, everything else is a failure. We can’t win a Super Bowl with the way Allen played yesterday.

But it was nice to see him play improve, just hope it comes back to the place where we need it to be.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:51 AM
You’re a complete moron

I’ve been called far worse.

The last buffalo fan
11-25-2022, 02:13 AM
I’ve been called far worse.

I agree, that was weak.

Typ0
11-25-2022, 02:34 AM
I can see DraftBoys perspective to a point. Every NFL season is going to be 17+ games and we are locked into the ebbs and flows of Josh Allens world. We need to be better as a team. Josh loves to throw his body around like a rag doll -- then he jumps up gets in the defenders faces yelling at them. It's absolute bull**** and complete mis-management of the biggest asset we have to allow that continue.

McDermotts version of Josh Allen football is not sustainable. We are constantly faced with this reality and live in denial because the upside is so exciting to think about. Thought we got rid of that ****? Why don't be bring back Donahoe?

The coaches need to build a through line that holds the mental toughness in place. Our method of coaching and the system does not allow this to happen. The team is weak because the coaches do not have the proper foundations built. The growth mindset renders this on teams I have been through it too many times. It can really bite you when the pressure is on. There is a likelihood this team has plateaued under McDermott unless McDermott applies his own philosophy and changes at the rate required for us to win. But he hasn't done so yet we pretty much have the same staleness in the defense and an offense that enjoys Josh Allen's self punishment until something pops up and renders him a fraction of what he can be.

Even if it is someone else's mistakes that are causing problems -- McDermott doesn't step in and have control. Huge things blow up in our faces because of this. McDermott did the hiring you can't pass it off onto someone else. This isn't the government where they can just pass the buck around -- nobody has any real ownership -- there is no where to place the blame -- and they just keep collecting their paychecks.

At some point we are going to have to face the buck stops at McDermott and he owns everything that goes wrong. Myself, I think there are plenty of things that seem to be off the rails both in the big picture and the little picture.

So give Allen a goat for that play ... but give McDermott one too!

Gibby 2.0
11-25-2022, 02:37 AM
If a player is on the field that expectation of what he is supposed to do doesn’t change. If Allen was as good as we needed him to be yesterday we don’t need a last second drive, right?

There is only one goal every year and that’s to win the Super Bowl, everything else is a failure. We can’t win a Super Bowl with the way Allen played yesterday.

But it was nice to see him play improve, just hope it comes back to the place where we need it to be.

One could say that about Pat Mahomes. Using your logic, if he was as good as claimed then he wouldn't have needed what 4 final drives to win games this year? Guess he blows huh? Yet, I can't find many chefs fans out there whining about 9-2

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 03:12 AM
One could say that about Pat Mahomes. Using your logic, if he was as good as claimed then he wouldn't have needed what 4 final drives to win games this year? Guess he blows huh? Yet, I can't find many chefs fans out there whining about 9-2

Sure, it can work for a number of players.

Gibby 2.0
11-25-2022, 03:17 AM
Sure, it can work for a number of players.

Do you think if its Keenum and not Allen that they win? Who do you want back there late in the 4th? Just curious.

Woodman
11-25-2022, 03:28 AM
We had some dropsies yesterday but Josh just kept chucking it!

:boost: The guy is a Warrior.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 03:41 AM

I was going by this, if most of his play is crap and he’s nowhere where he should be, I would think you would want to sit him. This is the NFL, you play like crap you should be pulled. Silly isn’t it.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 03:53 AM
331 combined yards, 3 combined TDs, game winning drive with 23 seconds left. Several drops by the receivers.
Definitely a goat.
:rolleyes:
Unreal.

There are probably 20 teams that would take these stats, including sone teams fight for a playoff spot.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 03:54 AM
Do you think if its Keenum and not Allen that they win? Who do you want back there late in the 4th? Just curious.

If it's Keenum then I'm not watching the game. Allen, Ive never said or suggested differently.

If you guys think being critical of a franchise QB who didn't play like we've seen him play dozens of times before then I don't know what to tell you.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 03:56 AM
I was going by this, if most of his play is crap and he’s nowhere where he should be, I would think you would want to sit him. This is the NFL, you play like crap you should be pulled. Silly isn’t it.

Well that's an inference issue on your end.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 04:04 AM
Well that's an inference issue on your end.

True, but you make it sound like he sucks, is he playing up to Josh standards no but damn. And he’s freakin hurt!

Novacane
11-25-2022, 04:16 AM
I can see not giving him a game ball because he threw another RZ int and airmailed some other passes. Giving him a goat? That's :coocoo:

Woodman
11-25-2022, 04:16 AM
Offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey was taking a beating on social media for much of Thursday’s game, which is typical. At about this time last year, Brian Daboll was going through the same thing. Dorsey hasn’t shown a ton of creativity, but his unit came through at the end when it mattered most. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier had to start sending more pressure because the edge rushers weren’t consistently getting Goff off his spot. The Bills definitely have some work to do defensively, but Frazier is coaching quite shorthanded with all the injuries on his side of the ball. Sean McDermott is now 3-0 on Thanksgiving. The Bills handled both end-of-half situations well with the clock, which ended up being huge to the outcome. A lot has been thrown at the team over the past week, and in that time, it’s 2-0. Not every win is going to be pretty.’

~ BuffaloNews ~

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 04:51 AM
True, but you make it sound like he sucks, is he playing up to Josh standards no but damn. And he’s freakin hurt!

You said yourself, he’s not playing up to his standard. Discussion over.

Bill Cody
11-25-2022, 05:03 AM

Your posts in this thread make no sense. Discussion over.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 05:12 AM
Your posts in this thread make no sense. Discussion over.

What has you confused? There has been no disagreement that he isn’t playing to the standard that we know and need. The only difference is that others want to lower that expectation for a variety of factors and I don’t.

Which specific aspect of that conversation is befuddling to you?

The last buffalo fan
11-25-2022, 05:14 AM
I can see DraftBoys perspective to a point. Every NFL season is going to be 17+ games and we are locked into the ebbs and flows of Josh Allens world. We need to be better as a team. Josh loves to throw his body around like a rag doll -- then he jumps up gets in the defenders faces yelling at them. It's absolute bull**** and complete mis-management of the biggest asset we have to allow that continue.

McDermotts version of Josh Allen football is not sustainable. We are constantly faced with this reality and live in denial because the upside is so exciting to think about. Thought we got rid of that ****? Why don't be bring back Donahoe?

The coaches need to build a through line that holds the mental toughness in place. Our method of coaching and the system does not allow this to happen. The team is weak because the coaches do not have the proper foundations built. The growth mindset renders this on teams I have been through it too many times. It can really bite you when the pressure is on. There is a likelihood this team has plateaued under McDermott unless McDermott applies his own philosophy and changes at the rate required for us to win. But he hasn't done so yet we pretty much have the same staleness in the defense and an offense that enjoys Josh Allen's self punishment until something pops up and renders him a fraction of what he can be.

Even if it is someone else's mistakes that are causing problems -- McDermott doesn't step in and have control. Huge things blow up in our faces because of this. McDermott did the hiring you can't pass it off onto someone else. This isn't the government where they can just pass the buck around -- nobody has any real ownership -- there is no where to place the blame -- and they just keep collecting their paychecks.

At some point we are going to have to face the buck stops at McDermott and he owns everything that goes wrong. Myself, I think there are plenty of things that seem to be off the rails both in the big picture and the little picture.

So give Allen a goat for that play ... but give McDermott one too!

This!

And this!

I understand there are another 31 teams with a professional coaches and players, big high level skill players that are playing against each others, forget about the other players on the team, but why Allen and the coaches, are so up and so down at times, during big streches on the games? We have been a so dominating team at times, and so dominated the rest of the game. Why not take care of business and your body the whole/full game? Is this mental?

Bill Cody
11-25-2022, 06:44 AM
What has you confused? There has been no disagreement that he isn’t playing to the standard that we know and need. The only difference is that others want to lower that expectation for a variety of factors and I don’t.

Not befuddled, not confused. Just strongly disagree. It is illogical to keep the same standards for any player that is hurt. It isn't about "this is the big leagues", silly. He's probably at 75-80%. But he's giving us 100% of that 75-80%, he can't give us more BECAUSE HE'S HURT. That doesn't make him a goat it makes him injured. In an ideal world he sits for 3 weeks and heals. But he can't do that if we're going to get the #1 seed. So he dumps what he has on the field. All of it.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 07:37 AM
Not befuddled, not confused. Just strongly disagree. It is illogical to keep the same standards for any player that is hurt. It isn't about "this is the big leagues", silly. He's probably at 75-80%. But he's giving us 100% of that 75-80%, he can't give us more BECAUSE HE'S HURT. That doesn't make him a goat it makes him injured. In an ideal world he sits for 3 weeks and heals. But he can't do that if we're going to get the #1 seed. So he dumps what he has on the field. All of it.

Ah I see where the confusion came from now. No worries, you are free to lower your own expectations to your heart’s content.

Bill Cody
11-25-2022, 08:02 AM
Ah I see where the confusion came from now. No worries, you are free to lower your own expectations to your heart’s content.

Trust me I am not confused. Your take is absurd on it's face. But you are free to think however you want.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 08:30 AM

Did you ever play sports, cause it sure doesn’t sound like it. You are laughable. Josh isn’t playing to standards, no ****! But yet you don’t want to bench him. Yes, I’m confused!

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 08:51 AM
Did you ever play sports, cause it sure doesn’t sound like it. You are laughable. Josh isn’t playing to standards, no ****! But yet you don’t want to bench him. Yes, I’m confused!

For decades and I worked in sports in a prior career. Would you like to try again?

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 08:54 AM
Trust me I am not confused. Your take is absurd on it's face. But you are free to think however you want.

If you say so. You’re free to believe the take it absurd, but we’ve been through this before each of the last two years.

Btw where did you pull the % healthy figures you posted earlier from?

kgun12
11-25-2022, 09:38 AM
For decades and I worked in sports in a prior career. Would you like to try again?

Yeah, I asked if you played sports, not worked in sports there’s a huge difference.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I asked if you played sports, not worked in sports there’s a huge difference.

I’m aware. You asked in an attempt to find a slight, which is odd but your decision.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 09:51 AM
I’m aware. You asked in an attempt to find a slight, which is odd but your decision.

Dodging the question, explains everything.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 09:53 AM
Dodging the question, explains everything.

What question? You asked if I played sports and I told you I did.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 10:01 AM

No you said you worked in sports. So did you play or worked in sports. There’s a huge difference.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 10:06 AM
No you said you worked in sports. So did you play or worked in sports. There’s a huge difference.

I said “For decades and I worked in sports”. I could have been clearer though, which is fair.

Yes I played sports for decades and I used to work professionally in sports in a past career.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 10:17 AM
I said “For decades and I worked in sports”. I could have been clearer though, which is fair.

Yes I played sports for decades and I used to work professionally in sports in a past career.

Still kind not very definitive but okay. I’ll leave it alone, lol.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 10:19 AM
Still kind not very definitive but okay. I’ll leave it alone, lol.

If you have questions then just ask.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 10:35 AM

Well I had a pretty famous cousin that was a sports writer and you say a lot of the same crap when would say. Thing is he never really played a sport of any kind, would just write crap about players kinda like you do. We would have family gathering and he never played, never. I used to love reading his articles and then laugh with my brothers and friends about he silly opinions. They read a lot like your.

So no more more questions, you answered them like he did.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 10:39 AM
Well I had a pretty famous cousin that was a sports writer and you say a lot of the same crap when would say. Thing is he never really played a sport of any kind, would just write crap about players kinda like you do. We would have family gathering and he never played, never. I used to love reading his articles and then laugh with my brothers and friends about he silly opinions. They read a lot like your.

So no more more questions, you answered them like he did.

Ok, your choice.

Typ0
11-25-2022, 10:53 AM

What sport?

What position?

How long?

Ever win a championship?

What aspect of sports do you work in?

kgun12
11-25-2022, 11:12 AM
What sport?

What position?

How long?

Ever win a championship?

Ditto!

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 12:10 PM
What sport?

What position?

How long?

Ever win a championship?

Basketball, Baseball, Football, Tennis, Soccer, and Golf

Pitcher, SS, 2B, 3B, LF, SF, PF, C (that was a bad decision), WR, TE, CM, and DM.

From the age of 5 through 30 when I realized I was way too old to be running in pickup hoops games.

Yep, one. It was alright, the big trophy was a bit ridiculous.

Football, specifically the NFL Drafr.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 12:11 PM

Pitcher, SS, 2B, 3B, LF, SF, PF, C (that was a bad decision), WR, TE, CM, and DM.

From the age of 5 through 30 when I realized I was way too old to be running in pickup hoops games.

I forgot Tennis doesn’t really have a position, but competitively I played mostly in doubles in Alta and the other leagues tournaments.

Novacane
11-25-2022, 12:37 PM

Not playing to his standards doesn't mean he was a goat. Without Josh Allen your goat we would lost yesterday.

Mace
11-25-2022, 12:38 PM
I forgot Tennis doesn’t really have a position, but competitively I played mostly in doubles in Alta and the other leagues tournaments.

It's ok, we all tried tennis but weren't as consumed, besides Yardrat maybe.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2022, 01:13 PM
If Allen isn’t the QB, The Bills don’t win that game. That’s really all that matters

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Not playing to his standards doesn't mean he was a goat. Without Josh Allen your goat we would lost yesterday.
Didn’t you know? He’s the expert around here.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:19 PM

Probably. I never said any different.

What I did say that if he played to his standard we aren’t in a position to need a last minute drive to win a game against the arguable worse defense in the league.

Both statements are true, but only one of us cares about arguing a concept of right or wrong.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:20 PM
Didn’t you know? He’s the expert around here.

If only wishing made it true.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 01:21 PM
It's ok, we all tried tennis but weren't as consumed, besides Yardrat maybe.

That is one of many things that consumes Yardie that we don’t talk about publicly.

Typ0
11-26-2022, 05:18 AM

That is quite a resume. How are your knees holding up?

Typ0
11-26-2022, 05:20 AM
Tennis is a great sport but god damn it's really hard lol. We don't have a lot of head to head sports like that and it makes a great video game.

DraftBoy
11-26-2022, 05:35 AM

Better than my back, lol.

DraftBoy
11-26-2022, 05:36 AM

Tennis is fun because, like golf, the key to success is about control and not power.

Bill Cody
11-28-2022, 02:53 AM
If you say so. You’re free to believe the take it absurd, but we’ve been through this before each of the last two years.

Btw where did you pull the % healthy figures you posted earlier from?

Thanks I am well aware I'm free to believe it. And I would wager just about everyone else on this site agrees with me.

Your "goat" almost singlehandedly won that game for us. We know for a fact the injury Josh has is not fully healed, what % he's off is speculation, which I gave my guess based on watching but the exact % isn't as important as the fact that he's trying to play through an injury. But instead of giving the guy credit for being a warrior AND FOR WINNING THE GAME you call him a goat. Joke.

But do carry on.

DraftBoy
11-28-2022, 10:38 AM
Thanks I am well aware I'm free to believe it. And I would wager just about everyone else on this site agrees with me.

Your "goat" almost singlehandedly won that game for us. We know for a fact the injury Josh has is not fully healed, what % he's off is speculation, which I gave my guess based on watching but the exact % isn't as important as the fact that he's trying to play through an injury. But instead of giving the guy credit for being a warrior AND FOR WINNING THE GAME you call him a goat. Joke.

But do carry on.

Uh-huh. Well don’t worry, I shall.

sahlensguy
11-28-2022, 12:22 PM
Tough crowd...

DraftBoy
11-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Tough crowd...

Not really, just passionate people which is fine.

sahlensguy
11-28-2022, 01:51 PM
Not really, just passionate people which is fine.

Yes, really. You're grading Josh on a curve and using his own high standard that he set for himself, against him.

DraftBoy
11-28-2022, 06:30 PM
Yes, really. You're grading Josh on a curve and using his own high standard that he set for himself, against him.

Ah, I see your point now.

Yes, I am. Though I think it’s more of a linear grade than on a curve. A curve would imply some kind of external factor impacting the grade.

sahlensguy
11-28-2022, 11:41 PM
Ah, I see your point now.

Yes, I am. Though I think it’s more of a linear grade than on a curve. A curve would imply some kind of external factor impacting the grade.

You have introduced an external factor in Josh's grade, though - the standard that he set, for himself. You're being a hard ass.

DraftBoy
11-28-2022, 11:54 PM
You have introduced an external factor in Josh's grade, though - the standard that he set, for himself. You're being a hard ass.

That’s a fair point.

sahlensguy
11-29-2022, 12:17 AM
That’s a fair point.

So...don't defend it.

DraftBoy
11-29-2022, 12:47 AM
So...don't defend it.

It’s an opinion. Who cares what I think or you think?

You want to give Allen a game ball then you absolutely should do so. You want to say he’s crap then feel free.

I’m not trying to claim I’m right or wrong, I gave my opinion on his preformance and questions were asked so I responded to them.

The banter is part of the fun of this board.

Night Train
11-29-2022, 12:48 AM
The game ended 5 days ago.

sahlensguy
11-29-2022, 01:07 AM

You want to give Allen a game ball then you absolutely should do so. You want to say he’s crap then feel free.

I’m not trying to claim I’m right or wrong, I gave my opinion on his preformance and questions were asked so I responded to them.

Who cares? We do. When you acknowledge my point that you are introducing an external factor into grading a player in a 'balls and goats' thread where said external factor is basically never introduced, you are simply poisoning the well of the spirit of this long time traditional post game thread.

sahlensguy
11-29-2022, 01:13 AM
The game ended 5 days ago.

One more goat: night train.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2022, 01:21 AM

Obviously you do.

You invested enough time to help set a record in number of posts in a Balls and Goats thread.

If you didn’t care then why post anything?

Bill Cody
11-29-2022, 06:14 AM
Obviously you do.

You invested enough time to help set a record in number of posts in a Balls and Goats thread.

If you didn’t care then why post anything?

He's just trying to help us poor confused souls

Woodman
11-29-2022, 08:18 AM
One more goat: night train.

Please oh please can I get one. :drunks:

Bill Cody
11-29-2022, 08:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhbHvxWrA

Draftboy would give the Black Knight the same grade when he has all his limbs as when he has 4 stumps. It's not being a hard ass it's just dumb

sahlensguy
11-29-2022, 10:13 AM
[video=youtube;UijhbHvxWrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhbHvxWrthemselves.

Draftboy would give the Black Knight the same grade when he has all his limbs as when he has 4 stumps. It's not being a hard ass it's just dumb

DB is the Black Knight... doesn't know when to say he is wrong...

There could be a new weekly post game thread just for DB. 'Balls and goats graded on the standard that each player sets for themself'.

It would be a thread where DB could give balls to the likes of AJ Klein for his 6 tackles last week and goats to the Stefon Diggs of the world for his 2 drops and only 4 catches.

sahlensguy
11-29-2022, 10:31 AM
Please oh please can I get one. :drunks:

I was going to but then you had to beg. So no.

Mace
11-30-2022, 08:34 AM

You're absolutely right. Sometimes the perspective gets lost. Happens to me too. Always startles me when someone points it out.

Woodman
12-03-2022, 02:07 AM
I was going to but then you had to beg. So no.

That's fair :cheers: