DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 04:00 AM
Per ESPN News Alert.

Night Train
11-25-2022, 04:03 AM
The Dr. Adam Schefter guess

TacklingDummy
11-25-2022, 04:03 AM
Hope he is back for the playoffs. That's when he will be needed most.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2022, 04:06 AM
The look on his face when being carted off was a season ending look.

Hope I am wrong.

Woodman
11-25-2022, 04:07 AM
Frazier will need to make adjustments.

Let's Roll.

Novacane
11-25-2022, 04:19 AM
WTH does that even mean?

Novacane
11-25-2022, 04:25 AM
Sources: #Bills star pass-rusher Von Miller did not tear his ACL. There is concern about his lateral meniscus, tho. He’s out at least a week or 10 days while he figures it out. He’ll have surgery — the question is now or after the season. This is all following the MRI today.

Woodman
11-25-2022, 04:36 AM
Sources: #Bills star pass-rusher Von Miller did not tear his ACL. There is concern about his lateral meniscus, tho. He’s out at least a week or 10 days while he figures it out. He’ll have surgery — the question is now or after the season. This is all following the MRI today.

Surgery would probably mean season ending, if that's what he decides I just hope he can come back next season.

Lots of questions that only he can answer.

In the immediate we gotta get Rousseau and Epenesa back on the field.

The injury bug has been cruel this season and adjustments will be needed.

The OL has its share of question marks as well.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 04:49 AM
He has to make the best decision for his life, forget his career. If he decides to have the surgery now then he’ll have my full support.

Novacane
11-25-2022, 04:50 AM
Surgery would probably mean season ending, if that's what he decides I just hope he can come back next season.

Lots of questions that only he can answer.

In the immediate we gotta get Rousseau and Epenesa back on the field.

The injury bug has been cruel this season and adjustments will be needed.

The OL has its share of question marks as well.

If he can't hurt it worse and can play through the pain I bet he postpones the surgery until after the season. We'll see. At least it's not the ACL. He'll be ready to go by training camp if he has meniscus surgery even after the season.

The last buffalo fan
11-25-2022, 05:16 AM
Jesus Frigging Christ, please give us a chance!!!!

Oh well, let's go Buffalo!!!

Woodman
11-25-2022, 05:33 AM
If he can't hurt it worse and can play through the pain I bet he postpones the surgery until after the season.

We'll see. At least it's not the ACL. He'll be ready to go by training camp if he has meniscus surgery even after the season.

If he can do that it would be amazing!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-25-2022, 07:20 AM
I dont care what anyone says.... is see it with my own eyes... Miller quits if his initial charge fails. hope he's going to be ok but he's not what was advertised. Just my opinion

Turf
11-25-2022, 07:24 AM
I though a Cartlidge tear was 4-6 weeks recovery. If so I would operate this week so we can get him back for the playoffs.

Cntrygal
11-25-2022, 07:30 AM
Frazier will need to make adjustments.

Let's Roll.

mmmkay....

Novacane
11-25-2022, 07:54 AM
I dont care what anyone says.... is see it with my own eyes... Miller quits if his initial charge fails. hope he's going to be ok but he's not what was advertised. Just my opinion

I agree he seems to let up on plays where it's obvious he's not going to get there. How much of that is just being a smart vet and saving your energy for the end of the game? Or saving your best for the postseason when games mean the most. Why wear yourself out every play when you can't get there? I think the Bills know it and are ok with it and even encourage it. The said they got him to be the closer. Look at the injury/practice report. He's listed every week did not practice veteran rest.

imbondz
11-25-2022, 08:34 AM
McDermott said he’s not playing next week.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 08:51 AM

I was going to open this can of worms. Except for a couple plays a game, he costs a lot of money for such little production. Hopefully he can be the spiritual leader.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 08:55 AM
He has to make the best decision for his life, forget his career. If he decides to have the surgery now then he’ll have my full support.

You’re confusing, Allan isn’t playing up to standards due to an injury, but Miller has to make the best decision for his life? He didn’t have a heart attack or cancer, it’s a knee. Thurman played two years with a torn ACL because he didn’t want to miss all the rehab time.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 08:58 AM
You’re confusing, Allan isn’t playing up to standards due to an injury, but Miller has to make the best decision for his life? He didn’t have a heart attack or cancer, it’s a knee. Thurman played two years with a torn ACL because he didn’t want to miss all the rehab time.

I understand why you’re confused.

Miller is at the end of his career and football will already make his life shorter and injuries now could effect him moving forward after football. Its a huge decision to make for him.

If he decides to play through his injury then he would be held to the same standard he’s set just as every other player out there.

Hope that helps clarify it for you.

Woodman
11-25-2022, 09:03 AM
mmmkay....

I'll be the 1st to admit I've had my differences on how Frazier runs this defense .... but to be completely fair about it he's dealing with a scattered group and that's due to excessive injury problems .... so right now looking back at 8-3 my hat's off.

Here's hoping we start to get some guys back and that the injury infestation stops dead in its tracks.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 09:07 AM
I understand why you’re confused.

Miller is at the end of his career and football will already make his life shorter and injuries now could effect him moving forward after football. Its a huge decision to make for him.

If he decides to play through his injury then he would be held to the same standard he’s set just as every other player out there.

Hope that helps clarify it for you.

Crap, Josh’s injury is to his throwing arm, if he blows it out, his career is over. There’s no difference except I don’t see Josh taking plays off, Miller does all the time

kgun12
11-25-2022, 09:10 AM
I’ve mentioned this before but my son played college football and torn his ACL 4 times. He played his 5th year with a torn ACL made second team all American. Anyway, he’s 35 now and is doing okay.

Woodman
11-25-2022, 09:11 AM
Crap, Josh’s injury is to his throwing arm, if he blows it out, his career is over. There’s no difference except I don’t see Josh taking plays off, Miller does all the time
He does and that's just the simple fact of it.

You are 100% right. :cheers:

Woodman
11-25-2022, 09:17 AM
When Von Miller 1st got here he said:

The Bills would win with or without Von Miller.

He's not the missing piece those are his words.

~ Von Miller ~

So if he needs to shut it down that's what he needs to do.

There is no I in the word team and that's always been the case.

All the best either way it goes.

DraftBoy
11-25-2022, 09:38 AM

Ah so you’re issue is with a perception that Miller takes plays off.

At least that makes sense.

YardRat
11-25-2022, 11:09 AM
I don't think Von takes plays off or relaxes after his initial rush is shut down, I think it's more about experience and he knows patience can be just as effective and give a positive result as balls-to-the-wall.

He's basically setting an edge and looking for either the ball to return to him or a gap to open up that he can shoot back to the ball.

kgun12
11-25-2022, 11:17 AM
I don't think Von takes plays off or relaxes after his initial rush is shut down, I think it's more about experience and he knows patience can be just as effective and give a positive result as balls-to-the-wall.

He's basically setting an edge and looking for either the ball to return to him or a gap to open up that he can shoot back to the ball.

So what if the rest of the defense did that?

Turf
11-25-2022, 11:23 AM
I keep reading 4-6 for full recovery for sports for a lateral meniscus tear. Why not have surgery tomorrow and get him back for a playoff run?

Typ0
11-25-2022, 11:30 AM
I think a lot of these questions depend on the injury itself. He might be able to play on it the way it is...that being said if he tweaks it that is going to be bad and put him in a lot of pain and give him a recovery period before he can try again. And what does the tear look like? A surgeon might look at it and say he can fix it up and he will be fine ... but then again it might be more up in the air about the outcome because of the depth and/or location of the tear. These are the things that have to be evaluated. How he bounces back physically in the next few days also plays a role.

TigerJ
11-25-2022, 02:24 PM
By indefinite, I think what it means is that the prognosis for recovery won't be known until some diagnostic tools are put to use, like an MRI. I think they'll have a much better idea later in the week whether it is week to week or season ending, or something in between.

YardRat
11-25-2022, 11:15 PM
So what if the rest of the defense did that?

Well, first it's a tactic that is slightly unique to the responsibilities of edge rushers, however and second some form of 'baiting' is employed by other positions by play design. DT's don't always 'balls-to-the-wall' collapse the pocket on a pass rush or run blitz, sometimes they rush just hard enough to draw a double team and keep gaps free of space so a DE or LBer can shoot inside. Also, safeties and corners in both zone and man don't always go 'balls-to-the-wall' in coverage, they hold back to try and get the QB to throw into their coverage.

Basically, depending on the circumstances, the rest of the defense does do that.

kgun12
11-26-2022, 12:46 AM
Well, first it's a tactic that is slightly unique to the responsibilities of edge rushers, however and second some form of 'baiting' is employed by other positions by play design. DT's don't always 'balls-to-the-wall' collapse the pocket on a pass rush or run blitz, sometimes they rush just hard enough to draw a double team and keep gaps free of space so a DE or LBer can shoot inside. Also, safeties and corners in both zone and man don't always go 'balls-to-the-wall' in coverage, they hold back to try and get the QB to throw into their coverage.

Basically, depending on the circumstances, the rest of the defense does do that.

That’s not taking plays off, Miller not always but more often than not if he doesn’t make the initial play he just kinda stops. Yes he’s older, but if he can’t go every, that’s okay only put him on the field during obvious passing downs. He makes a lot of money for that, but I would rather have him 100% when he on the field.

Don’t take my word for it, rewatch and game.

TacklingDummy
11-26-2022, 01:30 AM
From Sal on Twitter...@JFowlerESPN this morning on @SportsCenter said Von Miller is going to wait about a week, see how injury feels, then hopes to play with a brace, which he’s done before and is comfortable with. However it might not be possible, and could still have to have surgery, ending season

kgun12
11-26-2022, 01:39 AM
Well let’s keep our fingers crossed!!!

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2022, 01:46 AM
Meniscus tears are iffy. Fingers crossed, but only if the risk of making it worse is super low

zone
11-26-2022, 03:18 AM

Yeah, eight sacks, 21 tackles (10 for loss), two passes defensed and one forced fumble in 11 games. He's really dogging it out there...

kgun12
11-26-2022, 04:06 AM
Yeah, eight sacks, 21 tackles (10 for loss), two passes defensed and one forced fumble in 11 games. He's really dogging it out there...

Go watch any game this year, if he didn’t take plays off his numbers would be double. Don’t take our word for it. The tape doesn’t lie. Like I said before if that’s what he is, play him only on passing downs and let him go 100%.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2022, 05:03 AM
Go watch any game this year, if he didn’t take plays off his numbers would be double. Don’t take our word for it. The tape doesn’t lie. Like I said before if that’s what he is, play him only on passing downs and let him go 100%.

He doesn’t take plays off. It’s part of his strategy. Paying attention works wonders. Stop being obtuse

sahlensguy
11-26-2022, 05:10 AM
Von's snap count is a career low as expected. His 8 sacks in 11 games isn't off his mark though. He was brought in as a closer people. He was never going to an every down player. So far, he's come up with big plays late in the LA and Minny games, if memory serves. Let's see what he's got in the big moments at the end of the big games yet to come, if he comes back. So far, I'm pleased.

sahlensguy
11-26-2022, 05:16 AM

Not going all out is how he sets up his blocker for later.

Von isn't an every down work horse. He's an artist.

Typ0
11-26-2022, 05:22 AM
I like the craftsmanship angle on von taking plays off LOL. It really describes a lot of stuff about being a fan and being here.

Woodman
11-26-2022, 06:31 AM
Time for some wagon circling !!

kgun12
11-26-2022, 06:41 AM
Not going all out is how he sets up his blocker for later.

Von isn't an every down work horse. He's an artist.

:lmao: Love your humor!