PDA

View Full Version : Quenssenberry deserves s shout out

ghz in pittsburgh
12-01-2022, 04:04 PM
The last couple of drives, he gutted out there. Towards the end, he's really just a body out there, being knocked down by much smaller defenders. But he knew the situation, risked further injury to come back onto the field.

Someone mentioned he might have played the entire game with his ankle injury. Shout out to the dude.

Woodman
12-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Guts lots of guts I gave him a Ball.

He's not perfect but damn he gave us everything thing he had and some.

Kenny
12-02-2022, 12:53 AM
I suppose, but why did the coaches even put him out there?

He wasnt effective, and was a turnstile all game. Could have put in anyone else to have NE DEs run around, run through, etc... and it wouldnt have changed anything

Forward_Lateral
12-02-2022, 01:09 AM
Why does he deserve a shout out? He flat out STUNK. He fell on his ass multiple times whilst trying to get into his stance. He should not have been on the field, and was the direct cause of Allen getting smoked from behind, among multiple other whiffs.

OpIv37
12-02-2022, 02:31 AM
I'll give him props for toughness but he SUCKED. I know Dawkins was hurt and the OL was thin going into the game, but it's really bad if there is no one better than injured Quessenberry to put on the field.

kgun12
12-02-2022, 02:52 AM

I guess that tells you about our depth!

OpIv37
12-02-2022, 03:17 AM

We've got 10 days until the next game- maybe we can nab someone off a practice squad? They cleared cap space with the White restructuring, and I can't imagine that on the other 31 practice squads, there isn't one OT who's at least equal and uninjured, if not better.

Typ0
12-02-2022, 03:23 AM
Agreed. I read a goat about him in the other thread and puked then went to bed.

The guy was hurt. If you want to give someone a goat then give it to McDermott or Beane for being in that situation.

Typ0
12-02-2022, 03:25 AM
Why does he deserve a shout out? He flat out STUNK. He fell on his ass multiple times whilst trying to get into his stance. He should not have been on the field, and was the direct cause of Allen getting smoked from behind, among multiple other whiffs.

He deserves a shout out because he should not have been on the field and sucked it up.

Seriously, that man knew how limited he was and what his physical condition was. He knew it was an opportunity to support the teams efforts and that's exactly what he did despite the impending backlash from doucebags about his 'sucking'.

kgun12
12-02-2022, 03:26 AM
We've got 10 days until the next game- maybe we can nab someone off a practice squad? They cleared cap space with the White restructuring, and I can't imagine that on the other 31 practice squads, there isn't one OT who's at least equal and uninjured, if not better.

Hopefully Dawkins we’ll be back and if not maybe OBJ can play tackle! :bighug:

OpIv37
12-02-2022, 03:48 AM
Hopefully Dawkins we’ll be back and if not maybe OBJ can play tackle! :bighug:

Even if Dawkins is back, hopefully we grab someone because there's no guarantee we won't have another injury at tackle.

Kenny
12-02-2022, 03:57 AM
I was joking about this last night, but you could have put a pylon there and it wouldnt have changed anything.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-02-2022, 04:10 AM
Even if Dawkins is back, hopefully we grab someone because there's no guarantee we won't have another injury at tackle.

The more likely approach is exactly what they did last night: Allen had 33 drop backs and 8 carries. Cook/Singletary/Hines had a combined 29 carries. Almost a 4 to 3 ratio. If the running backs can be effective, less demand on Allen in drop backs. And it should open up doors for play-action, which is not really featured that much yesterday.

No RPO yesterday.

I think that's the way to go instead of raiding practice squads for pass-pros.

Anyone noticed that yesterday is the least Allen centric offense the Bills run this year? Heck they even converted 3rd and 1s without Allen, a touchdown on 3rd and 1. Allen made 1 or 2 "wow" throws, that's it.

Ed
12-02-2022, 04:23 AM
Quessenberry did not play well, but I'll cut him some slack since you could tell his ankle was really bothering him about 3 plays in. I think Quessenberry is a better RT than LT and he's a better run blocker than pass blocker, so having him fill in at LT isn't ideal. Hopefully Dawkins gets healthy quick and stays healthy. The Jets and Fins both have good DLs and pass rush.

Kenny
12-02-2022, 04:23 AM
The more likely approach is exactly what they did last night: Allen had 33 drop backs and 8 carries. Cook/Singletary/Hines had a combined 29 carries. Almost a 4 to 3 ratio. If the running backs can be effective, less demand on Allen in drop backs. And it should open up doors for play-action, which is not really featured that much yesterday.

No RPO yesterday.

Anyone noticed that yesterday is the least Allen centric offense the Bills run this year? Heck they even converted 3rd and 1s without Allen, a touchdown on 3rd and 1. Allen made 1 or 2 "wow" throws, that's it.
Yup... noticed that. I think that had something to do with building his confidence up as well. He hasnt been spectacular since the bye week, and all the poor performances and picks - you could almost tell he was lacking any confidence at this point.

It's a smart plan by Dorsey... need to get Allen back to playing like an MVP for the playoffs. Have a balanced team is great, but come playoff time, we need a difference maker at QB

Forward_Lateral
12-02-2022, 04:37 AM
He deserves a shout out because he should not have been on the field and sucked it up.

Seriously, that man knew how limited he was and what his physical condition was. He knew it was an opportunity to support the teams efforts and that's exactly what he did despite the impending backlash from doucebags about his 'sucking'.

If he knew how hurt he was, he should've told the coaches he can't play.

- - - Updated - - -

No RPO yesterday.

Not sure what game you watched, but they ran several RPO.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-02-2022, 04:52 AM
Last years' run to the playoff coincided with Singletary's rise of volume and efficiency. In fact, prior to that, many considered him to be an inadequate RB. turns out it is Moss (who I think Beane and McDermott thought would a Stevenson like running back) not cutting it. This year, they traded for Hines just in case Cook is not up to par. But it looks like Cook is finally adapting to NFL running game in the last few weeks. Yesterday, he has 14 carries for 64 yards, a long of 28. On top of that, he is targeted 6 times, caught all 6 for 41 yards. That's a total of 20 touches, 105 yards, all against a quality defense of NE caliber. That is kind of output defenses will have to take notice and start to plan for. And that's what we mean by taking some load off Allen.

Truthfully I still think Cook left some plays on the field. He can do better by getting rid of some hesitations. It's learning process. When Singletary first came to NFL, he wanted to juke people; now he's pretty much a see-hole-hit-hole type of guy. I think Cook is getting there too.

cookie G
12-02-2022, 04:54 AM

well yeah. But Doyle and Quenssenberry were the 2 back ups. Doyle went to IR at the end of Sept and they really haven't replaced him. IDK about the former Arizona guy who they signed, but he was a RT there.

But if you go down the list of available guys, it isn't that impressive.

A washed up Eric Fisher?

an equally washed up Nate Solder?

idk.. maybe they activate Van Demer from the practice squad.

The best thing they did last night was to scheme around the situation. He wasn't nearly the liability in the run game as in the pass game.

I was really expecting Judon to have a big night against us, regardless of the injury. But he didn't.

The last buffalo fan
12-02-2022, 05:43 AM
Thank you for the big W, boys!

kgun12
12-02-2022, 05:45 AM
well yeah. But Doyle and Quenssenberry were the 2 back ups. Doyle went to IR at the end of Sept and they really haven't replaced him. IDK about the former Arizona guy who they signed, but he was a RT there.

A washed up Eric Fisher?

The best thing they did last night was to scheme around the situation. He wasn't nearly the liability in the run game as in the pass game.

I was really expecting Judon to have a big night against us, regardless of the injury. But he didn't.

What about D Williams, he knows the offense?

Forward_Lateral
12-02-2022, 05:48 AM
What about D Williams, he knows the offense?

I'm pretty sure he was brought up earlier this year, and someone mentioned he's retired and doing something outside of football now.

OpIv37
12-02-2022, 05:56 AM

No RPO yesterday.

Fair point, but can/will they actually do it? We've been hearing since 2020 of how they need a more balanced attack that doesn't rely on Allen so much, with results that are mixed at best. There have even been times where we had early success with the RB's but Daboll/Dorsey went away from it for some inexplicable reason. I don't know that I completely trust the O to stick with the run game.

Ed
12-02-2022, 06:18 AM

A washed up Eric Fisher?

Yeah I would say most teams across the league are dealing with some OL injuries and all have OL depth issues. It's hard enough finding good starters let alone adequate backups. At this point in the season you're not going to find decent OL talent sitting around waiting for teams to call.

notacon
12-02-2022, 07:27 AM
Quenssenberry gutted it out and was grinding out there....never giving up....giving his all.

Just like the Bills have gutted it out and grinded their way to THREE wins over just TWELVE DAYS.....all on the road.

This is the way championship level teams react to hardship and challenges during a long season.

Canadian'eh!
12-02-2022, 07:38 AM
Hats off to him for playing through pain. But let’s be honest. He ducked something awful. From the first snap he was just a turnstile. Dawkins doesn’t impress me, but he’s a lot better than the other options it seems. If Queesenberry is the only backup plan they have, it’s probably worth investing is a backup LT at some point.

Mace
12-02-2022, 10:23 AM
He gave it his best, damaged, and we had a conference/division win against the Pats. It wasn't great, but we made it. I have no gripes and give him a cheer. It might prove critical that he even held up this game. I'm good with it.

Typ0
12-02-2022, 12:02 PM
If he knew how hurt he was, he should've told the coaches he can't play.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't work that way. These guys aren't worried about HR or the lawyers my friend -- they are trying to win as best they can. And along with everything they have to achieve in that plight they achieve a very high degree of intimacy as a group and a willingness to sacrifice that runs deep. Quessenbury was in that position because he was what we had that could best take a shot at getting the job done. There were a lot of problems in that game but I thought it was one of the best games I have seen the team play. They had to fight together to overcome those things and Allen played smart and decisive enough to make some big plays and get a lead. This team that is decimated and sickly.

Mad Bomber
12-03-2022, 07:38 AM

He wasnt effective, and was a turnstile all game. Could have put in anyone else to have NE DEs run around, run through, etc... and it wouldnt have changed anything
Because the alternative was Bobby Hart.

Oaf
12-03-2022, 09:01 AM
Beane deserves a time out for the OL cast he's put together.

It was a MVP night for Josh Allen to move the offense the way he did with the time he was given, and without an INT.

Woodman
12-03-2022, 09:18 AM

Nuff said! :cheers:

Kenny
12-03-2022, 12:00 PM

And he was worse than Quenssenberry that game? Nope. Both were easily beaten to the outside, fooled by inside moves, or just bulled right over.