PDA

View Full Version : Cam Lewis got more snaps than did Kaiir Elam on Thursday

Oaf
12-03-2022, 11:55 AM
3 snaps to 0 (inactive). Why?

Crisis
12-03-2022, 01:29 PM
Because Hamlin got ejected and Cam Lewis came in for him.

Woodman
12-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Exactly!!

Oaf
12-03-2022, 05:53 PM

Ah, helpful. Thanks! The snap count had said CB.

YardRat
12-03-2022, 10:55 PM
Elam is allegedly healthy, so apparently this is McD's annual 'send a message' exercise.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-04-2022, 01:23 AM
The real change is Cam Lewis has replaced Jaquan Johnson at the SS position, since the Vikings game. Johnson's poor pursuit and tackling highlighted Jets upset of the Bills and they decided to use Cam Lewis, the backup to Taron Johnson, to the safty position when Poyer is out. Cam had a bad play of not knocking down that 4th-18 pass in the Viking play which meant the Bills could've won the game on that play alone. But otherwise he looked better than Jaquan Johnson.

So right now, Cam Lewis serves as backup to both safeties and the nickel CB. Dane Jackson is effectively backing up both White and Rhodes, even though he rotates in quite bit in regular plays. That leaves Elam on the outside looking in.

Canadian'eh!
12-04-2022, 01:53 AM
Elam was a healthy inactive.

Woodman
12-04-2022, 02:21 AM
Elam is allegedly healthy, so apparently this is McD's annual 'send a message' exercise.
That's exactly what it is.

Goobylal
12-04-2022, 02:25 AM
The real change is Cam Lewis has replaced Jaquan Johnson at the SS position, since the Vikings game. Johnson's poor pursuit and tackling highlighted Jets upset of the Bills and they decided to use Cam Lewis, the backup to Taron Johnson, to the safty position when Poyer is out. Cam had a bad play of not knocking down that 4th-18 pass in the Viking play which meant the Bills could've won the game on that play alone. But otherwise he looked better than Jaquan Johnson.

So right now, Cam Lewis serves as backup to both safeties and the nickel CB. Dane Jackson is effectively backing up both White and Rhodes, even though he rotates in quite bit in regular plays. That leaves Elam on the outside looking in.

Yeah but why not inactivate Johnson instead?

ghz in pittsburgh
12-04-2022, 03:25 AM
Yeah but why not inactivate Johnson instead?
Jaquan Johnson is one of their spceial team aces.

I'm sure they will draft a late round safety next year to replace him - It's his 4th year now and a pending UFA. The fact 2nd year man Demar Hamlin out-played him speaks volume.

Cntrygal
12-05-2022, 09:21 AM
I don't think this is much of an answer...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leslie Frazier said the decision to make Kaiir Elam inactive Thursday had as much to do with special teams as the secondary. Said Dane Jackson was sick all week which gave Xavier Rhodes more reps and they wanted to stick with him.</p>&mdash; Sal Capaccio �� (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1599885927974772736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oaf
12-05-2022, 12:06 PM

Jaquan Johnson was indeed brutal vs MIA and NYJ. Makes sense RE: Elam. Thanks!

DraftBoy
12-05-2022, 08:11 PM
I don't think this is much of an answer...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leslie Frazier said the decision to make Kaiir Elam inactive Thursday had as much to do with special teams as the secondary. Said Dane Jackson was sick all week which gave Xavier Rhodes more reps and they wanted to stick with him.</p>— Sal Capaccio �� (@SalSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1599885927974772736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That doesn’t even make sense to me. Rhodes doesn’t play special teams and if Jackson is sick then why wouldn’t our first round CB be getting the extra reps then the guy we signed off the street just two weeks ago?

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2022, 01:47 AM
That doesn’t even make sense to me. Rhodes doesn’t play special teams and if Jackson is sick then why wouldn’t our first round CB be getting the extra reps then the guy we signed off the street just two weeks ago?

Some of the game day roster decisions have made me shake my head.

How do you go into a game with a backup LT and nobody else to play behind him?

What did Dane do all season to earn playing time over Elam? If he was sick all week why the hell is he active?

Why did you trade for Hines, but we have yet to see one wild cat formation or have him used in offensive plays other that stupid Jet sweeps or plays that have a low success rate?

ghz in pittsburgh
12-06-2022, 03:26 AM
Coaches has access to practice. Rhodes must be showing better in practice than Elam.

We are into week 14 of NFL, and you see teams are progressively more aggressive in attacking out secondary PRIOR to the Patriots game. One explanation could be that teams are seeing enough out of our young secondary and figured out ways to attack them. That trend came to a halt last Thursday; I firmly believe the Pats didn't voluntarily stopped attacking us downfield.