PDA

View Full Version : Done with Herbert to allen comparisons

Cali512
12-04-2022, 08:43 AM
He ****ing slides everytime hes 2-3 yds from the first down and every time, it costs his team. People keep talking about how hes just like allen, hes big, hes tough. Hes Drew Bledsoe with a little mobility.

Sorry for the rant but im watching the raiders game and ive seen this all year, hell have an easy first down and slide if anyone is within a couple yds of him. Hes soft as ****

Joe Fo Sho
12-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Have to agree. I also hear he's not a vocal leader either. That's not what I want from my QB.

Look at the effort Mahomes just put in on 4th down to get into the end zone. That's what I want.

Ingtar33
12-04-2022, 11:22 AM
Herbert is reminding me of Martel from the replacements.

he might have all world talent but man, he's just hollow. zero heart.

Ingtar33
12-04-2022, 11:33 AM
Last play, herbert makes ZERO effort to get the ball down field for a TD, he's just padding his passing numbers taking underneath ****. dude that's just bull****. If i was a chargers fan i'd be livid.

Novacane
12-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Similar talents. Total opposite people.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Herbert doesn’t have nearly the same escapability and ability to make throws on the run that Josh does. His pocket awareness is poor, at times.

imbondz
12-04-2022, 12:23 PM
I didn’t even know there was comparisons

Canadian'eh!
12-04-2022, 12:50 PM
Herbert has tools, he really confuses me. He doesn’t win games. Feels like he’s heading towards Philip Rivers kind of career.

Goobylal
12-04-2022, 11:59 PM
Another year, his third, and no playoffs. Pretty damning. And yeah, I always said that Josh is a violent runner, looking for contact. Herbert doesn't and while it might extend his career, it won't lead to on-field success.

Night Train
12-05-2022, 12:52 AM
He has a great arm and is one of the most accurate throwers.

Yet he is half the athlete Josh is and cannot escape the pocket that often when things break down. If he can't find his first read, he hesitates too long and then throws to RB Eckler every time. That's what I see after it was pointed out by the media covering the team. Makes it easier for the D. Habits that don't change.

kingJofNYC
12-05-2022, 02:03 AM
Herbert's a stud, but Josh is a different dude, no other QB in the last 20 years gives up his body for the team like that, none, zero, not even close.

Bill Cody
12-05-2022, 02:21 AM
Josh is Superman

Herbert is Clark Kent

mightysimi
12-05-2022, 02:56 AM
Herbert is held back by a tragic coaching staff. He isn't Allen, but he isn't a scrub. The only thing Staley has done in LA is find ways to lose them games.

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2022, 03:02 AM
Herbert is held back by a tragic coaching staff. He isn't Allen, but he isn't a scrub. The only thing Staley has done in LA is find ways to lose them games.

I agree. Staley has been terrible.

Bill Cody
12-05-2022, 03:11 AM

Agree but you have to say Herbert plays a lot of great games that he in the end....just loses. I can't really put my finger on it because at times he is amazingly clutch. I still think Herbert is a top 5 QB talent but there is something missing.

Kenny
12-05-2022, 06:27 AM
Whatever the case is, I hope he dominates the next game and crushes the fish

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2022, 07:22 AM
Agree but you have to say Herbert plays a lot of great games that he in the end....just loses. I can't really put my finger on it because at times he is amazingly clutch. I still think Herbert is a top 5 QB talent but there is something missing.
I've paid a fair bit of attention to the Chargers, due to having Herbert as my fantasy QB. To me, it's coaching. They have no idea what they are doing. As much as we like to complain about McDermott's lack of game day awareness, watching games around the league just makes me appreciate him more. Coaches have absolutely no idea what they are doing most of the time, it seems.

Chet
12-05-2022, 07:31 AM
And Chiefs fans are tired of Mahomes and Allen comparisons…

Herbert is dealing with ****ty coaching and a rash of O-line and receiver injuries.

Say what you want about him but that last TD pass yesterday was jaw-dropping.

Cali512
12-05-2022, 08:04 AM
Im specifically talking about toughness

Ill give herbert these few things. In the pocket, hes one of the 3 best QBs in the nfl

He doesnt throw well when his feet arent set, very little elusiveness, and shys away from important contact (being a yd pr 2 from the td/first)

My top 5

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts

I dont think herbert is bad, but there are a lot of people in the media and fanbases who claim that Herbert is a bigger stronger Allen and is just as good as him

Burrow and Mahomes are the only competition to allen. The thing i believe that separates the 4 is the top 3, are tough and put their life on the line to win

- - - Updated - - -

Im specifically talking about toughness

Ill give herbert these few things. In the pocket, hes one of the 3 best QBs in the nfl

He doesnt throw well when his feet arent set, very little elusiveness, and shys away from important contact (being a yd pr 2 from the td/first)

My top 5

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts

I dont think herbert is bad, but there are a lot of people in the media and fanbases who claim that Herbert is a bigger stronger Allen and is just as good as him

Burrow and Mahomes are the only competition to allen. The thing i believe that separates the 4 is the top 3, are tough and put their life on the line to win

Cali512
12-05-2022, 08:09 AM
And Chiefs fans are tired of Mahomes and Allen comparisons�

Herbert is dealing with ****ty coaching and a rash of O-line and receiver injuries.

Say what you want about him but that last TD pass yesterday was jaw-dropping.

Allen has outplayed mahomes the last 2 seasons statistically during the regular season and has outplayed mahomes the last 3 times they played. Those comparisons will always be there

Mahomes also has the benefit of Andy Reids insane playcalling that consistently gives mahomes at least one wide open target. They run a lot of drags and specifically use route combinations to get players open deep. Then Kelce has given Mahomes 3 wins the last 2 seasons by taking 10 yd passes and making them 30 yd tds

sukie
12-05-2022, 08:27 AM
I want Herbert to play EXACTLY like Allen this week

notacon
12-06-2022, 04:36 AM
I agree. Staley has been terrible.

The fans are openly calling for him to be replaced by Sean Payton.

That would probably be a very good move for the Chargers. And very bad for the rest of the AFC.

sahlensguy
12-06-2022, 04:38 AM

That would probably be a very good move for the Chargers. And very bad for the rest of the AFC.

But if they could beat the Chiefs once or twice a year, good for us. The AFCW gives us nothing.

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2022, 04:45 AM

Meh. Payton is one of the most over-rated coaches of all time, IMO.

Lexwhat
12-06-2022, 04:52 AM
Herbert is a great QB with insane physical skills. He has battled through injuries this year, and both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have missed large chunks of the season.

I think it's a coaching / team attitude issue there. Give them a coaching makeover, and the Chargers are gonna be scary good.

Just look at what the Dolphins / Vikings / Eagles became with the right coaching staff.

If Staley is fired this offseason (which he should be) - the Chargers job will be the number 1 most desirable

Bill Cody
12-06-2022, 05:43 AM
Herbert is a great QB with insane physical skills. He has battled through injuries this year, and both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have missed large chunks of the season.

I think it's a coaching / team attitude issue there. Give them a coaching makeover, and the Chargers are gonna be scary good.

Just look at what the Dolphins / Vikings / Eagles became with the right coaching staff.

If Staley is fired this offseason (which he should be) - the Chargers job will be the number 1 most desirable

Maybe Bill Bellichick will land there. He has done a hideous job this year in NE. If he tells Bob Kraft he's planning on bringing back Matt Patricia as OC I think there will be a divorce there as crazy as that sounds. Remember nobody thought Brady would leave. (Also BB's fault) Until he did.

notacon
12-06-2022, 06:16 AM
Meh. Payton is one of the most over-rated coaches of all time, IMO.

No one in the professional NFL world agrees with you.

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2022, 06:21 AM
No one in the professional NFL world agrees with you.

Meh. I just think he's an arrogant dick, who if he hadn't have had Drew Brees, he wouldn't have sniffed a Superbowl. That team always underperformed and besides the one superbowl ring, choked in the playoffs.

notacon
12-07-2022, 03:48 AM
Meh. I just think he's an arrogant dick, who if he hadn't have had Drew Brees, he wouldn't have sniffed a Superbowl. That team always underperformed and besides the one superbowl ring, choked in the playoffs.

Haha. Being an "arrogant dick" is not the same as being "one of the most over-rated of all coaches of all time".

Hardly any head coach's in the NFL, would sniff a Superbowl without an elite QB.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2022, 03:56 AM
Haha. Being an "arrogant dick" is not the same as being "one of the most over-rated of all coaches of all time".

Hardly any head coach's in the NFL, would sniff a Superbowl without an elite QB.
There's been a few recently though. Jim Harbaugh took a team lead by Kaepernick to the superbowl. John Harbaugh won with Flacco. Pederson won one with Foles.

I get what you are saying, but with the talent Payton had in New Orleans, winning one superbowl and never making it back isn't really a huge accomplishment, IMO. His team choked time and time again in the playoffs.