PDA

View Full Version : Bills fins primetime saturday night.

Buffalogic
12-05-2022, 05:10 AM
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-week-15-saturday-triple-header-on-nfl-network

8.15 est on 12/17

OpIv37
12-05-2022, 05:11 AM
arrgh. Enough with these ****ing night games.

mightysimi
12-05-2022, 05:15 AM
Makes it worse for the Dolphins. They play Sunday night in LA.

Night Train
12-05-2022, 05:34 AM
And as December opens, the prolonged plunge off the cliff starts for Miami.

Bounced off a few rocks yesterday..

BuffaloBlitz83
12-05-2022, 05:35 AM

colder is better!

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2022, 05:37 AM
Knew this would happen. At least it's Sat Night and not Sun Night

Turf
12-05-2022, 05:44 AM
So we're going to get blacked out here in Rochester?

Ed
12-05-2022, 05:47 AM
I love Saturday games and the stadium will be rocking.

OpIv37
12-05-2022, 06:05 AM
colder is better!

Meh, I don't care about the cold. I generally hate night games because they end so late, there aren't any other games to flip to during commercials, they're usually Sun or Mon night so we have to wait longer for the game to start, and it makes my Sunday Ticket less valuable when I can watch our game for free.

In this particular case, I don't care about the lateness, and since it's Saturday we will actually have to wait less time than a typical Sunday afternoon, but it still means I wasted my money on Sunday Ticket (only two games haven't been on locally), and there still aren't any games to flip to during commercials.

FWIW I was at a Saturday game against Denver, probably about 15 years ago now. Of course, it was around this same time of year and the Bills had long since been eliminated at the playoffs. People drank all day and it was just utter chaos in the stadium, especially once the Bills turned in one of their typically terrible drought-era performances. The crowd was so out of control that they cut off alcohol sales at halftime. At one point, there was a semi-streaker (took his shirt off but still had jeans on) who jumped on the field. At first, everyone booed because he was delaying the game, but then he juked out of a couple of would-be tackles by security guards and the crowd started cheering for him.

I'm sure this one will be equally chaotic

notacon
12-05-2022, 06:09 AM
I LOVE night games.

And the Bills have a unblemished record in prime time (and nationally televised) games this season.

Cali512
12-05-2022, 06:55 AM
This **** just always seems to work out for me perfectly lol. I was bummed out because i was going on vacation sunday morning and would miss this game lol

Oaf
12-05-2022, 07:11 AM
Meh, I don't care about the cold. I generally hate night games because they end so late, there aren't any other games to flip to during commercials, they're usually Sun or Mon night so we have to wait longer for the game to start, and it makes my Sunday Ticket less valuable when I can watch our game for free.

In this particular case, I don't care about the lateness, and since it's Saturday we will actually have to wait less time than a typical Sunday afternoon, but it still means I wasted my money on Sunday Ticket (only two games haven't been on locally), and there still aren't any games to flip to during commercials.

FWIW I was at a Saturday game against Denver, probably about 15 years ago now. Of course, it was around this same time of year and the Bills had long since been eliminated at the playoffs. People drank all day and it was just utter chaos in the stadium, especially once the Bills turned in one of their typically terrible drought-era performances. The crowd was so out of control that they cut off alcohol sales at halftime. At one point, there was a semi-streaker (took his shirt off but still had jeans on) who jumped on the field. At first, everyone booed because he was delaying the game, but then he juked out of a couple of would-be tackles by security guards and the crowd started cheering for him.

I'm sure this one will be equally chaotic

Your avatar makes so much sense, Opi.

Night games are a blast and we've absolutely wrecked our last two opponents, both playoff teams, when they played here at night. (Try to) enjoy the game!

OpIv37
12-05-2022, 07:14 AM
Your avatar makes so much sense, Opi.

Night games are a blast and we've absolutely wrecked our last two opponents, both playoff teams, when they played here at night. (Try to) enjoy the game!

The avatar was a lost bet. Night games are a pain in the ass. The biggest thing is not having another game to flip to during commercials. I get so bored.

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2022, 07:18 AM
Night games suck, but again, at least it's Saturday, so we don't have to wake up for work Sunday.

kgun12
12-05-2022, 07:20 AM
I like it because the Brows and Bengals were were the same time as the Bills. Living here in Cleveland I wasn’t going to see it, now I can!

YardRat
12-05-2022, 10:15 AM
The avatar was a lost bet. Night games are a pain in the ass. The biggest thing is not having another game to flip to during commercials. I get so bored.

You shouldn't be flipping channels during a Bills game anyway. Just sayin'...

Joe Fo Sho
12-05-2022, 10:30 AM
I love prime time games, but I hate waiting for them.

It helps that Josh Allen generally plays well and wins during these games as well.

Cntrygal
12-05-2022, 11:17 AM

Yeah, he should be doing something Bills related and fun... like babysitting a Bills Fan Forum! :couch:

TacklingDummy
12-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Yeah, he should be doing something Bills related and fun... like babysitting a Bills Fan Forum! :couch:

I think we been pretty good in the game day threads this year.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-05-2022, 04:02 PM

Yet another increase in the per game cost of your subscription.

Crisis
12-05-2022, 06:09 PM
I’m pissed. Sabres come to Phoenix once a year and they flex the Bills game right on top of it. **** you NFL.

DraftBoy
12-05-2022, 08:09 PM
I think we been pretty good in the game day threads this year.

It’s been hit and miss honestly. You guys usually don’t see it if there is more than one of us monitoring it.

Night Train
12-06-2022, 12:36 AM
Sign of the times.

The Pats had a Sunday night game..and were Flexed out.

Mike13
12-06-2022, 12:57 AM
And as December opens, the prolonged plunge off the cliff starts for Miami.

Bounced off a few rocks yesterday..

Worry about the Jets first, god knows they gave you a hell of a time a few weeks ago.

Jeff1220
12-06-2022, 01:01 AM
That sucks! I was hoping it would be Sunday night; I have tickets to a concert in NYC that Sat. night.

OpIv37
12-06-2022, 01:17 AM

Sunday Ticket has the game mix channel. It's up to 8 games on the screen at a time, one of them being the Bills game. I can flip to the Game Mix, keep up with all the other games, and I can see when the commercials on the Bills game end and immediately flip back.

notacon
12-06-2022, 05:23 AM
Night games suck, but again, at least it's Saturday, so we don't have to wake up for work Sunday.

I feel your pain.

It’s not an exaggeration that retiring and moving out west has reversed that suckiness and produced the best outcomes for both changes of lifestyle.

When I was woking and living in the east, I too had trouble with night games. They ended way too late and with Thursday, Sunday and Monday preceding work days, I could never really get into games (that did not involve the Bills) because I had too much on my mind for work, or had to get up early.

Now that work is a thing of the past, and the night gems end around 8:30PM here, I have the best of both worlds.

I really look forward to all the prime time games, no matter who is playing. I’m not nodding off to sleep like I did back east during the 4th quarter. With no work troubles to occupy my mind, this is sheer joy.

Sunday early games are pretty weird since they start at 10:00AM. Still trying to get used to that. When the Bills are not on local TV, and I have to wait until after the game ends to with it on NFL+ Premium, I can’t even watch ANY of the games. (until prime time).

When the Bills play at night, or on Thanksgiving, I really enjoy Red Zone.....hours of commercial free football.

I got double good news when I looked ahead and find that the Jets game is being broadcast LIVE in LV this Sunday....and most of the country.

The scuttlebutt is that the NFL wanted to flex the Jets game into Sunday night, but CBS used their option to protect it. With LV playing this Thursday night, we get the national game on Sunday instead of the LV game.

Last week, because of the local rules, the KC-Cincy game was not televised and instead, we were the very small slice of the country that got LV-LAC.

Woodman
12-06-2022, 05:37 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

EYEBALLS! EYEBALLS!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TigerJ
12-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Effectively makes it a radio game for me. We don't spend the money to get the NFL network and we're far enough from Buffalo that there is no chance of picking up WKBW. Thank you NFL.