PDA

View Full Version : Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

Cali512
12-09-2022, 10:02 AM
Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year

does anyone else find that a bit odd?

Cali512
12-09-2022, 10:04 AM
https://youtu.be/2LM-aHQqchU

TacklingDummy
12-09-2022, 10:08 AM
Buffalo Bills pass-rusher Von Miller believes he has a lot left to his career despite suffering a torn ACL two weeks ago, as he told The Pat McAfee Show on Thursday:

"It's nothing but work, you're never out of the fight, man," Miller said. "I plan on playing four, five, six more years, and this is the route I had to take to get there."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10058097-bills-von-miller-says-he-plans-to-play-at-least-4-more-seasons-despite-acl-injury

Cntrygal
12-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year

does anyone else find that a bit odd?

That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.

OpIv37
12-09-2022, 11:08 AM
Meh. People say messed up stuff when they’re hurt. He flat out said he was here to help us win a SB. Now, he’s both in physical pain with the injury and upset that he can’t help with the stretch run or the playoffs.

Ever watch UFC? Fighters frequently claim they are retiring during the post fight interview after a loss, and at least half of them rethink it when they aren’t physically and emotionally drained. To me, this feels like the same thing.

Woodman
12-09-2022, 11:12 AM
That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.

That's exactly what he said and meant.

DraftBoy
12-09-2022, 12:20 PM
I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.

Mace
12-09-2022, 12:32 PM
I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.

Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.

TacklingDummy
12-09-2022, 12:35 PM
Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.

He’s staying as long as the Bills are paying. If he produces the next 2 years, he will stay somewhere for more.

Cash is king.

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Taken way out of context.

Cali512
12-09-2022, 03:57 PM
Yeah i heard it wrong

Ingtar33
12-10-2022, 03:08 AM
yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
1) wants to win another superbowl
2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can

Cali512
12-11-2022, 07:14 AM
yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
1) wants to win another superbowl
2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can

I was at work and i think i got distracted then heard him say that, and with the thumbnail, i misread the situation

Borosai
12-11-2022, 08:17 AM
It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.

Cali512
12-11-2022, 08:23 AM
It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.

I watch the show literally everyday. I honestly feel like they do that almost sarcastically. If you watch the show, its hard to take those things seriously. My issue is the only thing i heard was that. Regardless your right, i just know that show isnt about being click baity, they try and be almost sarcastic about that stuff