PDA

View Full Version : This is a game of neutered offense

ghz in pittsburgh
12-11-2022, 08:41 AM
It looked to me Josh Allen is not taking chances today. Keep it close and make safe plays.

The over arching argument can be that McDermott knows the Bills are a better team than the Jets; if we don't screw up, we win. And that carries over to probably one of the most boring game we saw outside the NE game last year.

I supposed it's a good things when we did it, against a team that probably needs mistakes from our offense to win.

Kenny
12-11-2022, 08:45 AM
Josh definitely played it safe today... and it didnt help that Mackenzie had another terrible game.
I know the weather conditions and the fact that Jets have a legit defense played a huge factor, but I'm still a bit concerened about the offense. Not sure if we just played really weak defenses before the bye, but Josh and the O havent clicked at all since KC.

Woodman
12-11-2022, 08:45 AM
They know each other so well.

Gibby 2.0
12-11-2022, 08:46 AM
This was a Chiefs type win. They win ugly almost every week. They'll probably destroy Denver but that is because that team stinks worse than a sewage treatment plant

Mad Max
12-11-2022, 08:48 AM
The OL issues and the drops are primary in the offenses ineptitude from our side. The other side is the Jets are no joke on D

Mace
12-11-2022, 08:49 AM
I don't think they're doing it on purpose.

Woodman
12-11-2022, 08:49 AM
The OL issues and the drops are primary in the offenses ineptitude from our side. The other side is the Jets are no joke on D
Jets DL must get a lot of credit.

Dawkins sometimes grrrr!!!

YardRat
12-11-2022, 08:51 AM
Just like three (?) seasons ago when Moseley went down for the game, we were lucky Q was missing for most of it. Huge loss that is being over-shadowed by the Tough Mike White narrative.

Woodman
12-11-2022, 08:51 AM
This was a Chiefs type win. They win ugly almost every week. They'll probably destroy Denver but that is because that team stinks worse than a sewage treatment plant
They have a pretty good defense but that offense is really bad.

Woodman
12-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Just like three (?) seasons ago when Moseley went down for the game, we were lucky Q was missing for most of it. Huge loss that is being over-shadowed by the Tough Mike White narrative.

Losing Q was very costly.

Jets should be fined for putting White back in JMO.

Chet
12-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Does this look like a 10-3 team on a 4 game winning streak?

Such a weird season…it’s not enjoyable to watch. Look like a pretender

TacklingDummy
12-11-2022, 09:07 AM

Looks like a 13-0 team that blew 3 games.

imbondz
12-11-2022, 09:08 AM
I thought we gave them way too much respect. But I also thought we dominated until 8 minutes left

Typ0
12-11-2022, 09:11 AM
I liked the offense today. Allen, again failed to adjust to a better throwing ball causing some to sail and a lot of drops. It's something that comes along and is difficult to practice and get into a mindset to adjust unless you can muster up some cold rain and snow. The ball is very difficult to handle but he's got a cannon when it's a little smaller and hard as a rock it is easier to throw and harder to catch.

It was a tough game. Put up a W. Not sure how the analytics can miss this one at this point...

sukie
12-11-2022, 09:12 AM
Second half adjustment was awesome. Short passes yards after catch… then they went away from it.

TacklingDummy
12-11-2022, 09:15 AM
Going to meet the Jets again.

Dorsey didn’t want to show the Jets the plays that work.

Woodman
12-11-2022, 09:20 AM

:D :cheers:

Chet
12-11-2022, 09:53 AM

Dorsey doesn’t want to show anything that works, since the BYE

kgun12
12-11-2022, 10:22 AM
Yeah the jets played good defense and conditions were great and all the rest. Here I’m was the big difference in this game, all the drops! If they catch them, this is a much bigger margin of victory. They were sone big drops that if caught keeps the Bills offense on the field and probably more points for the Bills and less for the Jets!

I’m not sure how to fix this, but they better figure it out pretty quickly, because against better teams they will bite us in the butt!

ghz in pittsburgh
12-11-2022, 10:28 AM
Well, it is rainy and wet ball etc., but I thought White threw the ball better than Allen did, to be honest. However, Allen has better tools and did not put himself in positions like White did (to be hit hard). And I can argue Milano's hit into the ribs of Mike White is the turning point of the game. After that, I think you know I know, and the players know that unless the Bills offense make mistakes, the wave of time will just push us towards vistory.

The 4th quarter offense is hard to watch. It's like they are not really committed to run, but they also don't want to make any contested passing plays. And that it is just a receipe for ugly football.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-11-2022, 10:32 AM
On the positive side, you can talk youself into that this is really last year's NE game in Orchard Park where the weather played a big role. But we came on top this time because .... drum roll please ... the Bills can actually stop the run this year!

notacon
12-12-2022, 05:28 AM

It reminded me more (as have the last four wins) of the Pats during the Brady years. Many of those games vs the Bills.

Super Bowl teams find a way to win.....especially late in the year and when they need the win.

notacon
12-12-2022, 05:33 AM

The “pretenders” are Tennessee, Baltimore, Miami in the AFC....and Minny, Dallas and Tampa in the NFC.

The Bills look like the best team in the AFC who deserves the #1 seed. They have had the toughest SOS and SOV of all seven the AFC teams presently poised to make the playoffs.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-12-2022, 05:48 AM
The expectations are high. People are not tolerating just winning; they want winning with style.

Looking back in 2017 when the Bills finally ended the drought. Almost every game under McDermott was won this way. Well I take that back. Those games were won tighter, uglier than this one.

Like notacon said, in Brady's early years, NE won most of their games ugly like that, all the way to at least 3 superbowls.

Woodman
12-12-2022, 05:51 AM
Looks like a 13-0 team that blew 3 games.

Yes it does ... we better fix something .... always room to improve.

Saratoga Slim
12-12-2022, 05:57 AM
The “pretenders” are Tennessee, Baltimore, Miami in the AFC....and Minny, Dallas and Tampa in the NFC.

Ummm, Eagles?

Woodman
12-12-2022, 05:59 AM
There's a few reasons for our funk.

Josh's elbow injury has something to do with it.

Are team injury bug record isn't helpful either.

Consistency of a good nature has not been achievable so far.

It's football and it's a full contact sport.

The league would never go for it, I wish we played 15 games with 2 byes.

18 is probably more likely and I think that's a mistake.

Saratoga Slim
12-12-2022, 05:59 AM
On the positive side, you can talk youself into that this is really last year's NE game in Orchard Park where the weather played a big role. But we came on top this time because .... drum roll please ... the Bills can actually stop the run this year!
DaQaun Jones is our biggest off-season addition not named Von Miller. Guy's been one of the main reasons our run D is so much better. And he actually adds a fair amount in pass rush too.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-12-2022, 06:23 AM
DaQaun Jones is our biggest off-season addition not named Von Miller. Guy's been one of the main reasons our run D is so much better. And he actually adds a fair amount in pass rush too.

Defense wins championships. Just ask Brady and Belichick.

After several years tooling with D Line, Beane and McDermott finally got it right this year, with the additions of Miller, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Philips and even Lawson. Too bad Miller is out but we address the middle big time.

We do need the secondary to step up, namely Tre White. He showed very little so far but there is reason to believe he may be back to the pre-injury form in time for the playoff. I refuse to believe opponents can continue their 3rd and long success against our secondary the rest of the way.

notacon
12-12-2022, 06:45 AM
The expectations are high. People are not tolerating just winning; they want winning with style.

Looking back in 2017 when the Bills finally ended the drought. Almost every game under McDermott was won this way. Well I take that back. Those games were won tighter, uglier than this one.

Like notacon said, in Brady's early years, NE won most of their games ugly like that, all the way to at least 3 superbowls.

Nice line "People are not tolerating just winning; they want winning with style.”.

Like I said in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261737-We-got-the-win-but?p=4985380&viewfull=1#post4985380), There are NO “style” points added to or taken away or added to any win....or style points added in a tough loss. There are no “moral victories” when the standings are compiled.

“Ugly” wins are the sure sign of a champion. As long as the wins keep on coming, I don’t give a flying **** if they are not done “with style”.