• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

UDFA rookie Blackshear may be better than James Cook—

heck, we could've kept Hines picks too

Carolina Panthers running back Raheem Blackshear rushes for an 8-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Seattle Seahawks.

Carolina Panthers kick returner Raheem Blackshear bulldozes San Francisco 49ers kicker Robbie Gould to cap a 45-yard kick return.

If we can healthy-bench Kaiir Elam, don't see why we can't keep players that clearly pop on tape until Cook earns his reps. With Blackshear's physicality, I'd have given him Taiwan Jones' ST job in a flash.

• Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: UDFA rookie Blackshear may be better than James Cook—

I like cook but there is absolutely nothing special about him. He has average speed, absolutely cant make a player miss to save his life, cant block, and has absolutely no power

Its one thing if this was different in college, but even there he was a one cut RB who never made players miss

Blackshear is looking good, but he's essentially Hines
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Quite a few were hoping he'd make the final roster.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He was plucked from our PS by Carolina. Hindsight being 20/20, he should have stuck over Moss. That's just as much on Moss as the coaching staff. You see something in practice and give the guy snaps in games, only to see he can't produce results.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Cook will be fine. It's hard to judge him when they give him 15 touches one week then 3 the next.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Quite a few were hoping he'd make the final roster.
            Yep, I was one of them.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Blackshear is not better than James Cook. How silly.

I agree with Forward_Lateral, Cook is going to fine. He has shown the speed, reaction time and moves that Singletary just does not have.

I suspect that Cook will be the #1 RB for 2023, as the Bills do not sign Singletary to a second contract. It’s rather silly to sign RB’s to big contracts unless they are bona fide superstars and elite.

Singletary is not either.

And Cook brings the skill set to the RB position that they have not had since McCoy left.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                Blackshear is not better than James Cook. How silly.
                I agree with Forward_Lateral, Cook is going to fine. He has shown the speed, reaction time and moves that Singletary just does not have.

I suspect that Cook will be the #1 RB for 2023, as the Bills do not sign Singletary to a second contract. It’s rather silly to sign RB’s to big contracts unless they are bona fide superstars and elite.

Singletary is not either.

And Cook brings the skill set to the RB position that they have not had since McCoy left.

Soooo glad we spent a 2nd round pick on a one-dimensional RB instead of a OL prospect to light a fire under Saffold, Brown, Bates, or even Morse.

Comment

Working...
                X