PDA

View Full Version : Rousseau and Epenesa

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2022, 11:20 PM
Are turning into game changers. Rousseau especially, but don't discount what AJ is doing too.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-12-2022, 12:16 AM
Are turning into game changers. Rousseau especially, but don't discount what AJ is doing too.

everyone is freaking out about Von being gone, and it is a reasonable concern

however, everyone is discounting what he has likely been teaching these guys the entire time.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2022, 12:35 AM
everyone is freaking out about Von being gone, and it is a reasonable concern

however, everyone is discounting what he has likely been teaching these guys the entire time.
Rousseau impacts so many plays, not just rushing the passer. He knocked down a couple of big throws yesterday, due to his sheer height and reach.

Saratoga Slim
12-12-2022, 04:43 AM
Really exciting to see both of them stepping up this year. And should note that creating pressure is not only on the DEs. We have a really exciting collection of defensive lineman across the board. None replaces Von Miller, but almost all of them are fully capable of blowing @$$^ up.

KC gave up 28 points to the worst offense in the league this week. You think they aren't worried about their defense? Losing Von was a gut punch, but we're still in good shape.

Bill Cody
12-12-2022, 04:58 AM
It is really nice to see. But Von had more than double the number of pressures anyone else had. Big loss

Woodman
12-12-2022, 05:02 AM
It is really nice to see. But Von had more than double the number of pressures anyone else had. Big loss

Love watching these guys bust their ass to make up for it.

Go Bills !!

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2022, 05:02 AM

Well, we can't go expecting Rousseau to replicate Von, that would be silly. You can't replace a guy like Von.

Woodman
12-12-2022, 05:04 AM
Well, we can't go expecting Rousseau to replicate Von, that would be silly. You can't replace a guy like Von.

Allow me to repeat !!

Love watching these guys bust their ass to make up for it.

Go Bills !!

ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2022, 05:24 AM
I feel like the football gods have one more gut punch in store for us. I think it's destiny that we lose another Super Bowl but this time to the juggernaut in Philly to complete the NFC East ownage of the Bills.

kingJofNYC
12-12-2022, 05:35 AM
Rousseau definitely, but the real chaos starter on the DL is Oliver, that dude has been humming since getting back in the lineup.

notacon
12-12-2022, 05:40 AM

What’s going to be interesting is how Rousseau reacts to be targeted by defensive coordinators going forward. Could open up some opportunities for both Epenesa and Basham.

And Ed Oliver too.

sukie
12-12-2022, 06:18 AM
What’s going to be interesting is how Rousseau reacts to be targeted by defensive coordinators going forward. Could open up some opportunities for both Epenesa and Basham.

And Ed Oliver too.
The added wrinkle is Groot is effective lining up interiorly as well. Keying becomes a problem

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2022, 08:05 AM

And Ed Oliver too.

Oliver is a big cause of a lot of sacks/plays for a loss. On one of Rousseau's sacks (I think the first one), Oliver busted through the line and grabbed White, who managed to escape directly into Rousseau.

Ed doesn't have huge sack numbers, but he's probably the MVP of the D-line right now, IMO.

Chet
12-12-2022, 09:34 AM
Rousseau impacts so many plays, not just rushing the passer. He knocked down a couple of big throws yesterday, due to his sheer height and reach.

+1, he’s so disruptive. The front 7 controlled this game

Bill Cody
12-12-2022, 09:42 AM
I feel like the football gods have one more gut punch in store for us. I think it's destiny that we lose another Super Bowl but this time to the juggernaut in Philly to complete the NFC East ownage of the Bills.

oh for goodness sake.

YardRat
12-12-2022, 09:54 AM
Epenesa had a real nice performance against New England considering he only had 20 snaps.

notacon
12-13-2022, 06:19 AM
Oliver is a big cause of a lot of sacks/plays for a loss. On one of Rousseau's sacks (I think the first one), Oliver busted through the line and grabbed White, who managed to escape directly into Rousseau.

Ed doesn't have huge sack numbers, but he's probably the MVP of the D-line right now, IMO.

+1

We mustn’t forget about DaQuan Jones either. He has been that unmovable force that clogs up the interior in a way no DT in recent memory for the Bill has done.

What I have been saying for some time is that the Bills interaction with each other and how they mesh together is extremely important. Along with their depth.

DaQuan next to Ed Oliver makes Ed more effective. Ed next to DaQuan makes DaQuan more effective....which in turn makes the DE’s more effective, which in turn makes the LB’s more effective....and on and on.

It’s the “circle of life” for great defenses. And make no mistake, the Bills have a great defense.

Night Train
12-14-2022, 12:47 AM
Bills rotated 8 on the DL vs. the Jets. Keeping things fresh.

mightysimi
12-14-2022, 02:59 AM
The only complaint of I would have is the missed tackle rate of both is real high. Like 18-20% of tackles missed for both of them. However, to miss them they have to be in position to make them so that can be cleaned up I think. Better than not being in position at all.

kgun12
12-14-2022, 03:18 AM
The only complaint of I would have is the missed tackle rate of both is real high. Like 18-20% of tackles missed for both of them. However, to miss them they have to be in position to make them so that can be cleaned up I think. Better than not being in position at all.

Most of the misses are do to them taking away the edge and forcing the play back inside where there’s help.

Woodman
12-14-2022, 03:21 AM
Epenesa had a real nice performance against New England considering he only had 20 snaps.

They felt his 20 snaps that's for sure.

Expecting more to come !!

Woodman
12-14-2022, 03:26 AM
Most of the misses are do to them taking away the edge and forcing the play back inside where there’s help.
Redirecting the collision.

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 01:16 AM
I'm pretty sure they count missed tackles as trying to tackle someone and them getting away. Not for setting the edge. If that is the case we have lots of "edge setters" on this team

kgun12
12-15-2022, 01:43 AM
I'm pretty sure they count missed tackles as trying to tackle someone and them getting away. Not for setting the edge. If that is the case we have lots of "edge setters" on this team

Really, is that the definition can you draw me a picture? :meh: All I’m saying is a lot of times if the ball is supposed to go outside and the DE turns it back inside he can miss the tackle. Sorry if I see things a little differently then you did.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2022, 01:59 AM
I don't think your number is accurate.

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 03:43 AM
Really, is that the definition can you draw me a picture? :meh: All I’m saying is a lot of times if the ball is supposed to go outside and the DE turns it back inside he can miss the tackle. Sorry if I see things a little differently then you did.
I mean physically putting hands on someone and not making the tackle.

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 03:45 AM
Maybe, I just heard it on a Bills podcast where they referenced an analytics site. Can't remember which. Don't know why they would throw out info unless it was verified.

For context Lawson is at 10%.

kgun12
12-15-2022, 03:48 AM

Again really is that the definition of a tackle. My point is they cut off the edge and get chipped and can’t make the tackle or for you satisfaction “miss” the tackle.

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 03:57 AM
Again really is that the definition of a tackle. My point is they cut off the edge and get chipped and can’t make the tackle or for you satisfaction “miss” the tackle.
If you are asking me to tell you what the site used to determine a missed tackle, I don't have that info. To me if someone is chipped, or cut or blocked, they are not in the position to make the tackle. They were blocked. I am talking about having both arms on a guy and them stepping out. Like Hamlin does a lot. This isn't a problem with just the 2 of them but really team wide. We don't tackle well.

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 04:03 AM
Would a DE get credit for a tackle if they turned the guy back inside and the play was made by another player? If that answer is no, how could they get a missed tackle for that?

kgun12
12-15-2022, 04:06 AM
If you are asking me to tell you what the site used to determine a missed tackle, I don't have that info. To me if someone is chipped, or cut or blocked, they are not in the position to make the tackle. They were blocked. I am talking about having both arms on a guy and them stepping out. Like Hamlin does a lot. This isn't a problem with just the 2 of them but really team wide. We don't tackle well.

No, I don’t care where you got your numbers. I’m just messing with you because of the condescending statement “ I'm pretty sure they count missed tackles as trying to tackle someone and them getting away” no *****,I think most of us know what a missed tackle is, lol!

mightysimi
12-15-2022, 04:34 AM
No, I don’t care where you got your numbers. I’m just messing with you because of the condescending statement “ I'm pretty sure they count missed tackles as trying to tackle someone and them getting away” no *****,I think most of us know what a missed tackle is, lol!
Wasn't trying to be condescending just trying to lay my point out in basic terms, apologies if you took offence.

notacon
12-15-2022, 05:18 AM
Joe B.’s “All -22 film review” highlights the contribution of DaQuan Jones this season....

(https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/daquan-jones-70J5MNRzqKg5ixnt/)DaQuan Jones (https://theathletic.com/4003153/2022/12/14/bills-all-22-jets-dolphins/) has been a home run signing (https://theathletic.com/4003153/2022/12/14/bills-all-22-jets-dolphins/)<o:p></o:p>

Outside of his one late-game pressure and a recovered fumble, the starting defensive tackle may have gone under the radar. But he was, without question, one of the best players on the field Sunday. He was outstanding at the line holding his ground against a double team, and when given a one-on-one chance to disrupt the backfield, he was continually in a position to help make a play. His efforts helped force many tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage against the Jets’ ground game. He also added a pair of key pressures for a well-rounded game, despite the limitations of pass rushing from the one-technique position. And without Ed Oliver (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/ed-oliver-wS7InKrtkHpNB7Lw/) for most of the final two drives and Jordan Phillips (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/jordan-phillips-c8SuUOg5YQcWICH7/) the entire game, Jones had to become an every-snap player at a position the Bills usually rotate heavily. Jones had to play on 20 of the Bills’ final 21 defensive snaps in the fourth quarter. His overall importance to the team was critical to its success.

Jones has been having games like these the entire season, under the radar but also unequivocally good. While the Bills have dealt with multiple injuries to the position all season, Jones has been healthy, available and playing a high snap percentage every time they needed him. Outside of the first Jets game, the run defense has also been excellent for most of the season, and Jones has played a massive role in its success. And unlike Star Lotulelei and Harrison Phillips (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/harrison-phillips-uH1tBfvHKqvR5r4L/), Jones’ one-technique predecessors in Buffalo, Jones provides a more consistent pass rush. He won’t get a lot of credit nationally for being the impact signing that he has been in 2022. But given Von Miller (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/von-miller-3CFHRgYPasw0E3hK/)’s season-ending injury, you can make a compelling argument that he has become the Bills’ most crucial free-agent acquisition from the 2022 offseason.