PDA

View Full Version : McKenzie Show

ghz in pittsburgh
12-13-2022, 08:48 AM
I've been looking to his show this week because what happened Sunday. And one thing you can say is that ... he's authentic, not really guarded like Allen, Diggs, etc. those mega stars. I'm not really a big fan of Dunne because he comes across as someone who loves to stir up controversy and over-sell. But he at least gets some athletes like McKenzie to talk by themselves, unlike Sullivan who is only able to formulate a narrative and then push it as the "truth".

In this episode, McKenzie pretty much defended himself on drops, blaming the wet ball. He also indirected pointed fingers at Dorsey and Allen for not getting the ball enough as he claimed, watching the film, he's open a lot (but the ball never came).

At the end, he announced that he's going to retire if the Bills win a superbowl (not joking). As a marginal NFL guy, 8 years is enough for him. Got money, just needs a superbowl to close the chapter. When they win, he's going to drink (never drinks alcohol in his life so far) and do some drugs (presumably to get even higher) all the way to the hospital.

That's very authentic to me. I feel like the superbowl part holds true for a lot of the guys on this team. Taiwan Jones, DaQuan Jones, Safford, even guys like Hyde. You worked a job to get your life set. You know where you are in the ranks, not a super star, HOF type of guy. The one thing you are missing before you are forced to call it quits is a ring. Superstars like Allen, Diggs, Von have an entirely different motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCHT4e1fxC0

Typ0
12-13-2022, 09:19 AM
Dude when the ball comes your way you need to catch it and you will get more balls!

ghz in pittsburgh
12-13-2022, 09:40 AM
That's the correct answer.

I feel Josh is losing confidence to both McKenzie and Davis: if it is going to be tight coverage, it will make him hesitate. On Davis, there was another case where they were not on the same page Sunday where Josh Josh threw inside and Davis broke outside. It was very similar to the last INT Josh threw back in NY. Luckily this time, it was just an incompletion.

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2022, 10:05 AM
What a jackass

Don’t drop the ball, and you might get it more.

You know who makes excuses? Losers.

Winners take accountability when they don’t perform and yearn to improve. They don’t go on podcasts and whine that the ball was wet

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-13-2022, 11:08 AM
This information tells me why they got Beasley

Buffalogic
12-13-2022, 12:04 PM
Please cut this guy.

YardRat
12-13-2022, 10:43 PM
Dude could be really good if he focused on his craft. Too bad none of the Allen/Diggs dedication has rubbed off on him.

Saratoga Slim
12-14-2022, 01:54 AM
Great guy, OK player. Honestly, he makes us better when used right, but it's become pretty clear that he's not someone you can count on as a full time slot receiver. He's a good gadget guy, and there's a place for that. But I get why the Bills brought Beasely back.

I'll never forget that story of McKenzie posting a "Feed me" request on Instagram last Christmas Eve, and then showing up at the house of a family who replied. That's truly classic.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2021/12/29/merry-billsmas--buffalo-family-hosts-wr-isaiah-mckenzie-after-last-minute-social-media-request

Bill Cody
12-14-2022, 02:12 AM
wet ball? :zonelunch

kgun12
12-14-2022, 02:14 AM
Now there’s a guy putting himself above the team! :couch:

mightysimi
12-14-2022, 02:54 AM
Trying to catch it off your chest is a recipe for disaster regardless of the state of the ball.