PDA

View Full Version : Who gets replaced on the OL in the offseason first? 2nd, 3rd?

Oaf
12-13-2022, 12:17 PM
The secondary comes in close second (pun unintended), but I'll bet that the OL is the biggest reason we don't win the SB this year. Can't run the ball nice or crappy out, can't protect Josh consistently from hits (leading to the UCL injury).

Who's first to go and who's after that?

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2022, 01:12 PM
They, again, need to upgrade at least one guard and one tackle. A future replacement for Morse, as well, as I’m sure he’s not going to play a whole lot longer

Woodman
12-13-2022, 01:33 PM
It's always a build perspective.

Top priority has to be(#1)Center followed closely by(#2)OG.

(#3)Tackle depth at the very least is next.

As the who I'll trust our coaches on that part of it.

sukie
12-13-2022, 01:41 PM
Seems to me the lack of WR2 is sickeningly scary.

Ginger Vitis
12-13-2022, 02:17 PM
1) Saffold
2) Brown
3)Bates

Woodman
12-13-2022, 02:25 PM
1) Saffold
2) Brown
3)Bates
Before I quit on Bates I'd put him back where he excelled LG.

Brown is still a bit raw and should be able to be coached up.

Saffold has been a disappointment so far IMO.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2022, 03:41 PM
I just hope they give Josh help at the WR position and don’t treat him like the way the Pats did Brady, GB did Rodgers, KC does Mahomes.

Treat Josh the way Miami treats Tua.

Give him people to throw to.

Oaf
12-13-2022, 06:46 PM
1) Saffold
2) Brown
3)Bates

I'm about here. Call it a push with urgency for Saffold since Brown in theory could get better in Y3.

Both Saffold and Morse are welcome to compete/mentor/backup next year.

I too want Bates back at LG.

Prov401
12-13-2022, 10:25 PM
Both of the guards we have are good back ups. Saffold is gone after the season. With Doyle coming off an acl and Brown not progressing (imo) were going to need another tackle. The only true starters are Dawkins and Morse.

YardRat
12-13-2022, 10:26 PM
Morse is probably the best lineman for the second year in a row. As long as he is healthy, he is very good. He should be here next year, but a replacement needs to be groomed.
Saffold isn't bad, he's average and experienced, but he'll probably lose his spot to Boettger when he returns.
Dawkins is over-rated...so is Brown. But most likely neither is getting replaced in '23. Maybe they put Bates back at left guard.

As much as I would like and have wanted a stud guard or rookie center that can start at guard until Morse calls it a day, I really doubt this organization sees it as much of a priority, and next year's oline probably won't look much different than this year's.

Kenny
12-13-2022, 11:50 PM
I just hope they give Josh help at the WR position and don’t treat him like the way the Pats did Brady, GB did Rodgers, KC does Mahomes.

Treat Josh the way Miami treats Tua.

Give him people to throw to.
Disagree... it's why these guys get paid top dollars, to make the players around them better. We have Diggs, just need to make sure WR2 and WR3 are solid and can catch balls.

For the OL, I actually dont think our line play is terrible when healthy. We just need depth. Could of course upgrade from Spencer.

notacon
12-14-2022, 04:12 AM
The only present starting O-lineman that will not be back next year is Saffold.

He did not realize (even close) to what was expected when he was signed.

Oaf
12-14-2022, 04:13 AM
Allen makes our pass pro look average. It is not. (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/12/14/23507729/bills-jets-game-analysis-pass-blocking-spencer-brown-rodger-saffold)

Our RBs make our run blocking look below-average. It is so.

Why Beane/Kromer?

Meanwhile, KC has Creed Humphery (best rated C in the AFC) and Tre Smith (6th rd pick in 2021, 3rd rated G in AFC).