PDA

View Full Version : Butch Rolle named 2022 Bills Legend of the Year

Woodman
12-14-2022, 03:44 AM
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/butch-rolle-named-2022-bills-legend-of-the-year

The Buffalo Bills are excited to announce that former TE Butch Rolle has been selected as the 2022 Bills' Legend of the Year.

The Bills Legend selected for this honor demonstrates exceptional commitment to community service and philanthropic efforts in their respective communities.

Rolle, who was drafted by the Bills in 1986, played in Buffalo for six seasons and with the Phoenix Cardinals for his final two seasons in the NFL. During his time with the Bills, the tight end tallied 10 touchdowns which sparked his nickname, "Mr. Touchdown," for the franchise record that still stands after he hauled 10 consecutive receptions for 10 touchdowns.

The Legend of the Year Community Grant was created to highlight and support Buffalo Bills Legends who continue to demonstrate exceptional commitment to community service and philanthropic efforts in their respective location and communities. On Monday evening at the Bills Community Honors Dinner, Rolle received a five-thousand-dollar grant which will benefit the efforts of the Butch Rolle Foundation.

kgun12
12-14-2022, 04:04 AM
Good for him, congratulations Butch!

Woodman
12-14-2022, 04:09 AM
10 str8 TD's still amazes me !!

notacon
12-14-2022, 05:04 AM
Have not heard that name for a long time.

Good for Butch.

Cntrygal
12-14-2022, 05:26 AM
I'm drawing a complete blank on him... I'm going to have to go watch a few old videos.

Mace
12-14-2022, 09:09 AM
I'm drawing a complete blank on him... I'm going to have to go watch a few old videos.

Bills TE2 when Kelly came (behind Metzelaars), later TE3 behind McKellar and Metzelaars. One of those guys who played a role and made the most of his limited touches.