• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Tua Tagovailoa downplays snow in Buffalo: “It snows in Alabama”

The Miami Dolphins and their Hawaiian quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa are preparing to play a cold and snowy game in Buffalo on Saturday night, but Tagovailoa says he isn't concerned about the elements.

The Miami Dolphins and their Hawaiian quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa are preparing to play a cold and snowy game in Buffalo on Saturday night, but Tagovailoa says he isn’t concerned about the elements.

Tagovailoa, who played his college football at Alabama, said he has experienced snow before and doesn’t mind it.

“Could be snowing, could rain, I don’t know,” Tagovailoa said. “It’s a mindset thing, really, and if I’m too focused and worried about, Is it too cold? Can I grab the ball or not? Then I’m focused on the wrong things and it’ll be hard to play that way.”

After getting several questions from reporters about the Buffalo weather, Tagovailoa began to take issue with the idea that he can’t handle snow, saying that last winter he visited his brother, who plays quarterback at Maryland, and did an outdoor workout there, and that he saw snow in college, too.

“It snowed in Alabama my first year. So it snows in Alabama, guys. People don’t know that,” Tagovailoa said.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tua Tagovailoa downplays snow in Buffalo: “It snows in Alabama”

He has never won a game when the temperature was below 50 degrees! Throw snow into the mix along with the Mafia and it could be a long night for him. The thing we have to stop is their running game and make them have to throw the ball. This game is definitely on the front 7!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

yea, the snow in alabama is just like the western New York snow, Tua.

lol

I lived in Nashville for 4 years. Itsnowed there too. sometimes a few inches a year
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

He worked out in Maryland in the snow with his brother? Please.

I live in Maryland. Schools either closed or went on a two hour delay here because of a very thin layer of ice. A dusting shuts this place down because it happens so rarely.

I grew up in Rochester. One time, it snowed 21" overnight on top of maybe 2 feet that were already on the ground from previous storms, and we had to go to school the next day.

The snow in MD is NOTHING like the snow in WNY.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I'm pretty sure he has brain damage

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

The memes of Tua wrapped up in a jacket, knit hat, and mittens next to an industrial size heater with the words “It snowed in Alabama” are going to be glorious on social media. Not nearly as good as us boat racing the pretenders, but a close second.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              The memes of Tua wrapped up in a jacket, knit hat, and mittens next to an industrial size heater with the words “It snowed in Alabama” are going to be glorious on social media. Not nearly as good as us boat racing the pretenders, but a close second.
              I can't wait.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

7” in 2010 and 17” in 1993

You can probably add up all of their “storms” in the last 100 years and not get the last single storm in B town.

but ya, “it snows in Alabama” is technically correct.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  He worked out in Maryland in the snow with his brother? Please.

I live in Maryland. Schools either closed or went on a two hour delay here because of a very thin layer of ice. A dusting shuts this place down because it happens so rarely.

I grew up in Rochester. One time, it snowed 21" overnight on top of maybe 2 feet that were already on the ground from previous storms, and we had to go to school the next day.

The snow in MD is NOTHING like the snow in WNY.
                  It snowed here in Las Vegas (when it actually stuck to the ground) back in Feb 2019.

Vegas Snow.jpg

That’s what it’s like when it “snows” in Alabama.

There are few places in the United States where the snow is the same as the WNY snow belt. Add the cold and wind, and Tua is in for a rude awakening.

Even in Albany, NY area (I lived there for a few years in the early 90’s)....when they got a few inches of snow, like you describe in MD, the place shuts down. It’s like bumper cars.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I've been in Alabama when it was snowing, it's literally nothing. State shuts down, just like Georgia, but what he's experienced is light years from what he's about to see.

They're saying 3-7 inches pre-game depending on the snow band.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

I just don't want the snow keep the Dolphins from getting to Buffalo for their ass whooping.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

With as much as the Dolphins are trying to downplay the weather this weekend, it tells me it’s definitely in there head. I hope every Bill comes out sleeveless for the game!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

I just want the Bills to breathe ice and make it fire in their own house again. We did that once.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us."

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                              He has never won a game when the temperature was below 50 degrees! Throw snow into the mix along with the Mafia and it could be a long night for him. The thing we have to stop is their running game and make them have to throw the ball. This game is definitely on the front 7!
                              A small sample size and its nice if he blows a big goose egg, but not something you want to count on happening. The BIlls still need to bring their A game.

Now if you want to go true old school against 'em, follow the Bud Grant way of thinking. GIve 'em the heated seats, keep your guys in short sleeves.

No gloves, no sleeves, no heaters, and smearing blood. Former Minnesota Vikings head coach Bud Grant was a wild man. Grant and his team handled cold weather differently than other clubs.

"Grant enacted strict rules for games: No gloves, no long sleeves, no long johns, no hand warmers. The Vikings would watch other teams gather by heaters on the sideline and fiddle with hand warmers. 'And we kind of giggled at it,' quarterback Fran Tarkenton said. 'They had to look at us and say, 'These people are crazy.'"

...The story goes on to note that fullback Bill Brown, in weather bordering 0 degrees without the wind chill, would walk out onto the field before games with no sleeves or socks and pick his scabs in front of the other team. He would proceed to smear the blood all over his white uniform.

Comment

Working...
                              X