PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer now, Law next?

juice
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
If it's official could bringing in Milloy in effect be the first step in bringing A few other future free agents from the Pats, such as a corner by the name of Law? I know it's A little early to start speculating about next year, but the reason TD is as good as he is at these negotiations is partially because he gives himself the inside track on "Coming Attractions". It's alot easier to attract a Lawyer Milloy if you have Drew Bledsoe, one of his football "Best Buddies" to call him at home. Another aquisition was Spikes who had to know that his coach "Dick" would be close behind. I think Pat William was instrumental in pushing the Sam Adams issue. Also ballers want to play with other ballers as well as brothers like to stay close. "Brothers" is how Ty Law refered to he and Milloy, Is that an inside track or what? Law in '04-05 say goodbye to Winfield. Feedback Please :afro:

N.Y. Orangeman
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
He's an interesting fallback in case Winfield won't re-up, but I'd still take AW over Law. Law may be getting long in the tooth for a CB, whereas AW is entering his prime.

MDFINFAN
09-03-2003, 04:43 PM
I agree N.Y. Winfield has some years ahead of him and he will get better starting this year, because he has Lawyer behind him to help school him.

juice
09-03-2003, 04:55 PM
If Winfields' interception totals pick up its going to be time to show him the doe, to get more interceptions he'll have to take more risks that might mean him getting beat by some of those tall Miami recievers. It depends on his play this year but TD isn't going to make him one of the top 5 paid corners, not when he's only the second best corner on the team. If he makes money the issue he wont be a Bill. :afro:

juice
09-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Did Winfield go tothe pro bowl last year? :madface:

TigerJ
09-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Interestingly, because of the Patriots' salary cap bind, the two players they were talking to about taking a pay cut wereMilloy and Law. Both told the Patriots "no deal" and the Patriots had to cut somebody. I think Law has an even richer contract than Milloy and would probably cost more to sign than Winfield to resign. That means he's unlikely to be in the Bills "Plan B" if they can't sign Winfield.

juice
09-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey along with some other super corners around that 30 yr old bracket will also be available if not signed. He wont have the corner market cornered so he might be inclined to hop on the Pats to Bills expressway. His age is a factor in what he will be able to demand. Winfield may want to work a deal ASAP :madcloud: