Raiders
@Baltimore
Cleveland

Finish 9-8

Final seeds

1 Bengals 13-4
2 Bills 13-4
3 Chiefs 13-4
4 Jags/ Tennessee 8-9 (not sure who has tie breaker)
5 Chargers 11-6
6 Ravens 10-7
7 Miami 9-8, Cleveland 9-8 (Tie Breaker?)

Raiders, Steelers, Jets 8-9
Pats 7-10

notacon
12-19-2022, 08:14 AM
This is the time of year when ESPN Playoff Machine (http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine) is a lot of fun.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2022, 08:36 AM
I can see New England beating Cincy next week at home. I honestly don't think they can win out. I just don't see it.

I can't see Tennessee making the playoffs, they are just absolutely terrible

Woodman
12-19-2022, 08:42 AM
I can see New England beating Cincy next week at home. I honestly don't think they can win out. I just don't see it.

I can't see Tennessee making the playoffs, they are just absolutely terrible

I see Bill working his crew pretty hard .... they'll give it the best they got.

The Bengals will be playing without Hendrickson and Hubbard their two best DE's.

That should equal little to no pass rush.

Should be interesting.

OpIv37
12-20-2022, 01:40 AM
I can't see Miami losing 2 with that schedule. They might lose one.

KC will win out unless they rest starters in the last game.

I don't know what to make of the Ravens. It looks like Jackson is coming back, and the Falcons are really bad, but if Jackson doesn't play, I could see the Ravens losing that one. Bengals will win that div regardless.

I can't see NE losing out. They have the Bengals and two div games, so on paper it looks like they could, but they were humiliated last week. Bellicheck is going to find a way to upset someone.

It would be nice to have playoffs that are free of both Brady and Bellicheck. I could see the Patriots not making it. Unfortunately, the NFC South is so bad that it's hard to see how the Bucs don't win it. They'll get in at 7-9.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2022, 04:54 AM
Miami 8-6 remaining games

Green Bay
@New England
JETS

They could win all 3, they could lose all 3. I figured they would go 1-2 and finish 9-8.

Historian
12-20-2022, 05:52 AM
Knowing Buffalo's luck, we will nab the #1 seed....have a bye week....and come back out of sync so as to get bumped out in the Divisional round.

They've been fun to watch, but this isn't a SB team.

Too many key injuries, Hyde being at the top of the list.

notacon
12-20-2022, 06:09 AM
Knowing Buffalo's luck, we will nab the #1 seed....have a bye week....and come back out of sync so as to get bumped out in the Divisional round.

LOSER talk. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

notacon
12-20-2022, 06:24 AM
I agree with Opi that "It would be nice to have playoffs that are free of both Brady and Bellicheck.”, but this is not going to be the year. The only way we are free of Tom Brady in the playoffs is when he retires. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
12-20-2022, 06:35 AM
I agree with Opi that "It would be nice to have playoffs that are free of both Brady and Bellicheck.”, but this is not going to be the year. The only way we are free of Tom Brady in the playoffs is when he retires. :rolleyes:

I've brought this up before regarding Brady: How does his ego play out? Does he hang it up before he becomes a shell of himself, or does he refuse to give up and just keep playing until no one wants him? It looks like it's going to be the latter, which means we are probably stuck with him for at least one more year after him.

notacon
12-20-2022, 07:13 AM
I've brought this up before regarding Brady: How does his ego play out? Does he hang it up before he becomes a shell of himself, or does he refuse to give up and just keep playing until no one wants him? It looks like it's going to be the latter, which means we are probably stuck with him for at least one more year after him.
Well....we already know the answer to the question “How does his ego play out?” I mean he pissed off his super model wife SO much that she divorced his ass.

Yeah....he would rather spend time in the locker room with a bunch of guys and stick his hands under the butt of some fat center than spend ANY more time with this....

https://people.com/thmb/JGoyboeOZrcHNULSS_hhH4ZvPis=/1500x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(637x0:639x2)/gisele-runway-2000-93f963ab786d4fe7a28d0e8e58dd5d15.jpeg

It’s not about the money. He supposedly has TURNED DOWN a THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE MILLION dollar contract to bullcrap in the safety of the broadcast booth.

Reject the hot wife....who is STILL hot as can be at 42 years old....this picture is from last week....

https://hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/gisele-bundchen-gold-dress-vivara-event-spl-02.jpg?w=680

Reject GOBS and GOBS of money without putting himself in danger from getting his ass beat up by 300lb lineman.

He already has the fame. He already has seven SB rings. He is already conferred the GOAT.

What’s left???

EGO!!! EGO!!!! EGO!!!! EGO!!!!

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2022, 07:32 AM

All off season it's all we are going to hear about, again. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Tom Brady. He must realize that he's probably the most hated NFL player of all time, right?

OpIv37
12-20-2022, 07:34 AM
All off season it's all we are going to hear about, again. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Tom Brady. He must realize that he's probably the most hated NFL player of all time, right?

I honestly think his ego makes him Trump-level delusional. He thinks everyone worships him for being the GOAT. I don't think he realizes that, outside of NE and TB, most fans have been sick of him for years, especially fans of AFCE teams.

OpIv37
12-20-2022, 07:37 AM
Well....we already know the answer to the question “How does his ego play out?” I mean he pissed off his super model wife SO much that she divorced his ass.

Yeah....he would rather spend time in the locker room with a bunch of guys and stick his hands under the butt of some fat center than spend ANY more time with this....

https://people.com/thmb/JGoyboeOZrcHNULSS_hhH4ZvPis=/1500x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(637x0:639x2)/gisele-runway-2000-93f963ab786d4fe7a28d0e8e58dd5d15.jpeg

It’s not about the money. He supposedly has TURNED DOWN a THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE MILLION dollar contract to bullcrap in the safety of the broadcast booth.

Reject the hot wife....who is STILL hot as can be at 42 years old....this picture is from last week....

https://hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/gisele-bundchen-gold-dress-vivara-event-spl-02.jpg?w=680

Reject GOBS and GOBS of money without putting himself in danger from getting his ass beat up by 300lb lineman.

He already has the fame. He already has seven SB rings. He is already conferred the GOAT.

What’s left???

EGO!!! EGO!!!! EGO!!!! EGO!!!!

If I had no idea who she was and someone showed me those pictures, I would agree that she's extremely attractive.

But, in the real world, I know Tom Brady sullied her with his demon seed and she gave birth to his hellspawn offspring. That makes her unattractive to me.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2022, 03:20 PM

Don’t be surprised Hyde when is back for the playoffs.

notacon
12-21-2022, 05:42 AM
If I had no idea who she was and someone showed me those pictures, I would agree that she's extremely attractive.

But, in the real world, I know Tom Brady sullied her with his demon seed and she gave birth to his hellspawn offspring. That makes her unattractive to me.
I only posted the pictures in a discussion of TB12’s overinflated Trump-like ego gave me an excuse to post pictures of a supermodel. :D:

The ex-Mrs. Brady is kinda-sorta attractive....in the top picture you look at just her face, she looks more like a pretty male than female....kinda like TB himself....

Now....THIS (another excuse to post a picture of a gorgeous woman) is my idea of a woman to lust over (as I have for years).....

https://hauteliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/dior.jpg
https://saucemonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Charlize-Theron-46.jpg

You’re welcome. Merry Christmas.

Historian
12-21-2022, 06:16 AM
Don’t be surprised Hyde when is back for the playoffs.

Has there been any update in his status?

Ed
12-21-2022, 07:50 AM
Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that a week 16 Thursday night matchup between the Jags and Jets would be a big game for either of them let alone both? I'm pulling for the Jags to win the south. With Lawrence playing well, they're a much more interesting team than the Titans.

My playoff predictions heading into this week's matchups:

1 Bills (14-3) Bye
2 Chiefs (14-3) vs 7 Ravens (10-7)
3 Bengals (12-5) vs 6 Dolphins (11-6)
4 Jaguars (9-8) vs 5 Chargers (11-6)

Woodman
12-21-2022, 07:55 AM
Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that a week 16 Thursday night matchup between the Jags and Jets would be a big game for either of them let alone both? I'm pulling for the Jags to win the south. With Lawrence playing well, they're a much more interesting team than the Titans.

1 Bills (14-3) Bye
Not bad !! :cheers:

Chet
12-21-2022, 10:51 AM
1. Chiefs (14-3)

2. Bengals (13-4) vs. Dolphins (10-7)
3. Bills (13-4) vs. Chargers (10-7)
4. Titans (9-8) vs. 5. Ravens (11-6)

The impending loss to the Bengals will make us go through Burrow and Mahomes on the road.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2022, 12:31 PM
Has there been any update in his status?

The 4 on IR have been working out on the side.

Chet
12-21-2022, 01:06 PM
1. Chiefs (14-3)

2. Bengals (13-4) vs. Dolphins (10-7)
3. Bills (13-4) vs. Chargers (10-7)
4. Jaguars (8-9) vs. 5. Ravens (11-6)

The impending loss to the Bengals will make us go through Burrow and Mahomes on the road.

Changed my 4 Seed to Jax because Mal8k Willis will be Tennessee’s starter the rest of the year

imbondz
12-22-2022, 12:22 AM

Damn you Historian!

notacon
12-22-2022, 04:37 AM
Too many variables to predict the final seeding for all the AFC teams.

I DO predict that Bills will win out and be the #1 seed, which will be followed with two playoff wins on their way to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 1993 season.

Jags look like they will win the AFC South with Tennessee fading fast and now losing Tannehill. His game has fallen off considerably, and is not just an average to below average starter, but Willis is a raw rookie that has only passed for 135 yards in TWO GAMES.

Stick a fork into the Titans....they are DONE!! Even if they do, somehow squeak into the playoffs, they are no threat to anyone.

Divison winners:

Buffalo
Kansas City
Cincinatti
Jacksonville

Wild Card:

Baltimore
LA Chargers
Miami

Don’t care about the NFC. Although I’m rooting for Detroit.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2022, 06:55 AM

I DO predict that Bills will win out and be the #1 seed, which will be followed with two playoff wins on their way to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 1993 season.

Jags look like they will win the AFC South with Tennessee fading fast and now losing Tannehill. His game has fallen off considerably, and is not just an average to below average starter, but Willis is a raw rookie that has only passed for 135 yards in TWO GAMES.

Stick a fork into the Titans....they are DONE!! Even if they do, somehow squeak into the playoffs, they are no threat to anyone.

Divison winners:

Buffalo
Kansas City
Cincinatti
Jacksonville

Wild Card:

Baltimore
LA Chargers
Miami

We agree on the teams. Just not the seeding. All should come down to the Bengals game. Unless there are a few upsets.

notacon
12-22-2022, 07:10 AM
We agree on the teams. Just not the seeding. All should come down to the Bengals game. Unless there are a few upsets.
There are always “upsets”. :rolleyes: That’s why I never bet actual money on sports of any sort.

Yeah....the #1 seed is going to come down the the Bills v Bengals. Of course, I think the Bills will win. I have NO reason to doubt it.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2022, 07:15 AM
Yeah....the #1 seed is going to come down the the Bills v Bengals. Of course, I think the Bills will win. I have NO reason to doubt it.
I hope you are right and I‘m wrong.

notacon
12-23-2022, 06:06 AM
I hope you are right and I‘m wrong.

Either way, it’s a blast to watch it unfold.

The NFL is, by far, the best professional sport. It makes the other major team sports (NBA, NHL and MLB) look as boring and predictable as they are.

TacklingDummy
12-29-2022, 01:51 AM
The Bills most likely outcomes are either a bye, Miami, or the Ravens.

Chet
12-29-2022, 04:55 AM
The Bills most likely outcomes are either a bye, Miami, or the Ravens.
I would love a Ravens or Jets WC matchup over Miami if we fail to get the bye…even if we come out flat against the two former teams neither have the ability to really make you pay for it as they struggle to score. A rocky start against a good offense like Miami could put you in a 2-3 possession hole pretty fast

Ed
12-29-2022, 08:11 AM

1 Bills (14-3) Bye

With the Dolphins losing to GB and Tua being out this week, I would update my prediction to flip flop the Dolphins and Ravens in the 6 and 7 spot. I think the Fins lose to the Pats, but beat the Jets in the final week to still make it as the 7 seed at 9-8.

TacklingDummy
01-07-2023, 08:16 AM
Playoff scenarios.

If the KC, Bills, Bengals all win the Bills play…

Miami if they win.
If Miami loses and Pittsburgh wins they get the Steelers
If Miami and Pittsburgh lose they get New England.

If Buffalo lose and KC/Cincy win the Bills get the Ravens.

Ed
01-07-2023, 01:29 PM
Playoff scenarios.

Miami if they win.

Give me the Steelers. I never really like the idea of playing a division opponent a third time even though it worked out well last year.

It also looks like the Chargers are now locked into the #5 seed. Broncos are favored by 3 so I'm assuming they're expecting the Chargers to be resting a lot of starters.

Woodman
01-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Changed my 4 Seed to Jax because Mal8k Willis will be Tennessee’s starter the rest of the year

You were right about the 4 seed.

Woodman
01-08-2023, 10:23 AM
Give me the Steelers. I never really like the idea of playing a division opponent a third time even though it worked out well last year.

It also looks like the Chargers are now locked into the #5 seed. Broncos are favored by 3 so I'm assuming they're expecting the Chargers to be resting a lot of starters.

Agree!

notacon
01-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Playoff scenarios.

Miami if they win.

You forgot the most likely outcome....

Bills beat NE and Miami beats Jets....

Puts Miami in the #7 seed and a date in Buffalo next week.

I would LOVE to see that result. BEAT THE **** OUT OF MIAMI like the Bills crushed the Pats last year in the wildcard game.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2023, 11:25 AM
You forgot the most likely outcome....

Bills beat NE and Miami beats Jets....

Puts Miami in the #7 seed and a date in Buffalo next week.

I would LOVE to see that result. BEAT THE **** OUT OF MIAMI like the Bills crushed the Pats last year in the wildcard game.

Nope, didn’t forget, I agree it’s the most likely outcome.

Playoff scenarios.

Miami if they win.

notacon
01-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Nope, didn’t forget, I agree it’s the most likely outcome.

Oooops. Missed that. My bad. :D:

TacklingDummy
01-08-2023, 06:38 PM

1 Bills (14-3) Bye

Divison winners:

Buffalo
Kansas City
Cincinatti
Jacksonville

Wild Card:

Baltimore
LA Chargers
Miami

We nailed the teams 3 weeks ago.

notacon
01-08-2023, 11:51 PM
We nailed the teams 3 weeks ago.

Great minds think alike!! :D:

I’m really looking forward to the Chargers/Jax game.

Baltimore played Cincy tough today and if Lamar is able to play, they have a good chance to upset the arrogant Bengals.

I smell Cincy ****ing up the playoffs. The past couple games they start out fast, but fade BADLY in the second half. Or, like against Tampa Bay they slept walked during the first half before waking up.

Going to be fun next weekend!! Three days...six games.

LOVE the playoffs!!!!