PDA

View Full Version : Maybe those once-in-a-week-limited-practice catches up to Milano

ghz in pittsburgh
12-18-2022, 01:11 PM
He looked to me having a bad game yesterday. Bad tackles, slow in getting into position for those swing passes to the backs/receivers etc.

Woodman
12-18-2022, 01:35 PM
He looked to me having a bad game yesterday. Bad tackles, slow in getting into position for those swing passes to the backs/receivers etc.

It wasn't his usual level of performance .... still I trust the staff for the amount of practice they give him, he has to stay in the lineup the rest of the way.

Mace
12-18-2022, 02:05 PM
Milano has the same problem he always did and fought through. He's not a big contact sized LB that they use as a contact LB. He'd probably miss more time if they didn't rest him. He's punching above his weight class. Dude is taking a pounding.

Cntrygal
12-18-2022, 02:07 PM
He had been dealing with an oblique injury since the Packers game, but since he was finally off the injury report - this must have been the first week he didn't receive any kind of "treatment". It'll be telling if he practices more than one day this week.....

YardRat
12-18-2022, 10:30 PM
He definitely looked off most of the time, almost the complete opposite of the Jets game. Saturday may have been the worst performance by the linebackers this season, because Edmunds also looked like the Edmunds of pre-2022, lost and out of position most of the game.

Maybe a little bit was a scheme thing, although I haven't watched it again close enough to base that on.

Forward_Lateral
12-18-2022, 11:25 PM
One play stood out to me. It was a Mosert run on the sideline, and Milano just stood there. Mosert ran right around him. Matt didn't even try to tackle him.

Novacane
12-19-2022, 01:47 AM
One play stood out to me. It was a Mosert run on the sideline, and Milano just stood there. Mosert ran right around him. Matt didn't even try to tackle him.

Was that the 70yrd run? That was Epeneza on that one. Sounds the same. He was standing right there and just let him run by. Looked like he thought someone else was going to tackle him low and instead of helping he watched then it was to late.

Woodman
12-19-2022, 02:00 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6q8s-6zEygw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saratoga Slim
12-19-2022, 02:01 AM
Was that the 70yrd run? That was Epeneza on that one. Sounds the same. He was standing right there and just let him run by. Looked like he thought someone else was going to tackle him low and instead of helping he watched then it was to late.

About six starters tried to tackle Mostert by the shoulder pads on that one. My 9 year old was like "our peewee coach would make us do push ups all day if we tried to tackle like that."

I think part of our run defense problem was we were playing 2 high, trying to shut down Waddle and Hill (kinda like teams play against us). But terrible tackling fundamentals was part of it too.

kgun12
12-19-2022, 02:08 AM
About six starters tried to tackle Mostert by the shoulder pads on that one. My 9 year old was like "our peewee coach would make us do push ups all day if we tried to tackle like that."

I think part of our run defense problem was we were playing 2 high, trying to shut down Waddle and Hill (kinda like teams play against us). But terrible tackling fundamentals was part of it too.

I see these high shoulder tackles all the time now. Sometimes the runner moves the entire pile 5-8 more yards because everyone is tackling high or ripping at the ball. The the announcer say wow look how sting he is! Smaller shoulder pads afraid of get a targeting call I think is part of the issue.